Best & Favorite Bionicle Book?

X-Ray

Hello and welcome. I'm here to ask what you think the best Bionicle book was and why, as well as which one is your favorite, and why. In my opinion, the best book was probably Tales of the Masks, as we got to see considerable character development for the Toa Nuva and the Turaga, and very interesting character development at that. My personal favorite was Time Trap, which I also own, which worked an interesting premise around just a few characters as opposed to the large host of characters. I'm also partial to The Final Battle, mainly because there were so many great moments in it, Raid on Vulcanus, because it used the time honored magnificent-seven-samurai plot, and Journey's End, which, while not released as a book per se, was a great cap off to the entire Bionicle saga.

:akaku: X-Ray :akaku:

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."
- Ecclesiastes 4:12

I'm saying Time Trap as my favorite and the best Bionicle book. It was a bit weird and stuff, when Vakama started dreaming about that alternate timeline or whatever but the appearance of the Shadowed One really made the book for me.

Edited by Wind Elemental

pWPTu7m.jpg

I loved timetrap

(granted that is the only one i could get my hands on and read)

but i just loved it, it was coming off my second favorite part of the series, and it did good closuer, as well it had my favorite character from that part of the sereis in it.

Mostly i just found it relatable because Me and Vakama both had confidence issues. So, it did good for closure.

485585_528817960493060_1878734144_n.jpg

Legacy of Evil is my favorite. Learning backstory and seeing what happened before the current story very much interested me.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

I think the best was Voyage of Fear. It told a very important part of the story that was not mentioned anywhere else.

My favourite would have to be Time Trap or Web of the Visorak. Time Trap was amazing and the Web of the Visorak was a nice "in between" storyline - what happened after the Toa Metru returned to Metru Nui and before they turned into Hordika.

I liked Time trap the best. Seems I'm not alone...

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Tales of the Masks always holds a special place with me; the interaction, and particularly the tension between the various Nuva was really what made the whole team for me, and it was captured perfectly there. Hapaka's books were never able to get that correctly, and in the later books the Nuva just seemed to get along with no problem at all, but I loved the way their various tensions with each other were played up in TotM.

Time Trap and all five books of the Piraka arc are also ranked very high amongst my personal favourites too, though.

Edited by Darth Jaller

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

I haven't read many of them (First and last Chronicles, first four Legends) and my favourite was The Darkness Below.

Krahka and Nokama and I just yes.

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause

This was veeeerrry tough. I like the adventures #2: trial by fire, adventures #3: darkness below, adventures #6: maze of shadows but also legends #1: island of doom, legends #5: inferno, legends #9: shadows in the sky, legends #10: swamp of secrets and legends #11: the final battle. Perhaps it's because those are the ones I read over and over again.

Edited by Mairanui

2xu8Ptu.png

• 2 weeks later...

The Second Legends book, with the Inika Matoran and the Toa Nuva. It was such a great story, unfortunately it was completely glossed over in the comics.

Has following the story become too complex? Look no further:

How to Follow BIONICLE

A Simple, chronological checklist

UPDATE May 22 2013: Every is now color coded!

Contains every bit of content, organized by story year

The Second Legends book, with the Inika Matoran and the Toa Nuva. It was such a great story, unfortunately it was completely glossed over in the comics.

I was more partial to the plot of Jaller's group going through Karzahni than the main story.

My favorites would have to be Tales of the Masks, The Darkness Below, Time Trap, and Legacy of Evil.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I was more partial to the plot of Jaller's group going through Karzahni than the main story.

Was that not the main story? 'Cause that part is specifically what comes to mind when I think of Legends 2.

I think it was split pretty evenly between Jaller's group's journey, the Pirakas' banter, and the Voya-Nui Matoran helping the Nuva.

Edited by Zestanor

How to Follow BIONICLE

Was that not the main story? 'Cause that part is specifically what comes to mind when I think of Legends 2.

I think it was split pretty evenly between Jaller's group's journey, the Pirakas' banter, and the Voya-Nui Matoran helping the Nuva.

Main story it was, yes, but I think the book was way too splintered. It handled three different stories, actually. Also, the Piraka really got surprisingly little screentime in that book.

• 2 weeks later...

Time Trap is certainly the arguably agreed-upon best book in the entire series. I certainly enjoyed it! Makuta and Vakama are two of my favorite characters. Can't go wrong.

That said, I think the novel I enjoyed most in the series was probably Adventures #5: Voyage of Fear. I felt the character interaction was really strong and it held a lot of weight.

It's a tough decision, though. I also really loved Legends #4: Legacy of Evil. Seeing as pre-split-off-with-Vezon Vezok is another one of my favorite characters. And the Piraka are awesome.

~Tay

bioniclebanner2_by_chromatic_ninja-db5v5

You may also know me as Zeta, Zen, Tay, or Slushie

A book I just re-read, which I've never given much credit, is Adventures 4. That's the movie 2 novelization. Normally I just skip it and watch the movie. But upon reading, I realized how much extra is in the book. It's not quite the same as Greg's own books, but I appreciated all the extra bits of foreshadowing which he was able to slip in.

Now that I think about it, the Toa Metru got the most screen time of all the Toa teams. The Mata/Nuva got eight books for their four years. Jaller's team got six for their two years. But the Metru got ten books for two years!

How to Follow BIONICLE

Legends number 4: Legacy of Evil. This is one of my favorite not only bionicle books, but all time books! I mean, it introduced Lariska, the dark hunters were interesting, there was dark humor, and it was very well written

picasion.com c4ba807b638d12d03dd390658f770e50

TANNOHK-KAL FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In a world filled with peace,

one shadow will spark a war

My epic, Shadow Destiny: http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=10089

I think the best books are the ones with the fewest demands placed upon them. Books like Time Trap, Legacy of Evil, and Raid on Vulcanus that were not really crucial to the main story, but were free to follow fewer characters and storylines and focus on only one or two things. Time Trap was all about Vakama and Teridax, and benefited from placing more meat on that story while cutting away the fat of characters that were mandatory in the main story. Legacy of Evil was basically a villains episode, which was extremely beneficial to the story year as a whole because 2006 was really the first year where the six main villains were individuals with personalities, and Legacy of Evil really gave them depth that few villains not named Teridax had enjoyed up to that point. In later years, this purpose was served by serials like The Mutran Chronicles and Empire of the Skrall. Raid on Vulcanus is also very good, because it focuses just on Vulcanus, and the fight to defend it from the Bone Hunters. And although it has more characters than Time Trap, and does focus on Gelu and Gresh in some points, Raid on Vulcanus is very much Ackar's book, just like Time Trap belonged to Vakama.

My favorite book is hard to say. I've read the Legends series far more often, so I lean towards those every time topics like this one come up, but whenever I read the Adventures, I am reminded how much I like those books--particularly the 2005 Adventures. 2005 was my least-favored story year, and BIONICLE 3 was my least favored of the four movies, but the books during that year (I'm including Time Trap) are some of the best in the series.

How well will you die?

• 4 weeks later...

Too hard to choose, as there are simply too many great BIONICLE books. My favorites would include The Darkness Below, Maze of Shadows, Time Trap, Dark Destiny, Legacy of Evil, Downfall, and Raid on Vulcanus.

I more or less love all of the novels, though.

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

I'm actually meaning to re-read the books, since I'm pretty curiosu to see exactly which are my favorites after all this time.

From what I remember, though, I know I loved The Darkness Below, Island of Doom, Dark Destiny, Power Play, Inferno, (All the '06 books really), Prisoners of the Pit, Downfall, The Final Battle, and Raid on Vulcanus.

AXKP5KC.png

Time Trap owns all other Bionicle books IMO.

Yes. Yes it does.Time Trap is my favourite(and the best IMO) because (1) it fills in a story gap, (2) you get to see more of Teridax's personality that you don't see in the other books, (3) Teridax/Vakama chase scene, and (4) it's just plain epic.

metroid.gif

"Why can't I dream that I'm alone?" "That is not a dream, that is a substitute for reality"

"So where is my dream?" "it is a continuation of reality"

"But where is my reality?" "It is at the end of your dream"

• 2 weeks later...