Yeah, MOCpages has been glitchy this week, seems like the uploader is down again. You can embed from Brickshelf, though.

Very nice build. I like the all-around complexity. The legs and the upper arms are especially cool. The torso is good, but a bit blocky; the forearms are interesting, but I feel like the rows of 2x1 connectors are a little boring. That's just me, though.

One more thing- colors! The all-silver/grey/black looks good, but I'd suggest changing it up a bit. Maybe some highlights of a bright color? Eh, I don't know, it's up to you. :lol:

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Not a bad MOC. The armor flows really nicely, and I love all those piece combinations you used, especially on the weapon. In particular, the torso front and the upper arms are my favorite parts.

The only thing I don't especially like is he seems really boxy. You used a lot of Technic pieces that give him a nice, solid look, but he has a lot of corners and everything is so even. A little more organic look would be nice. Also, the ankles are a little wierd, just how there's a gap in the armor between two large, boxy parts.

Really well made! I like the way you add an extra finger on the hand, and the chain parts on the staff. Shouldn't he have an Avohkii, though?

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Yeah, MOCpages has been glitchy this week, seems like the uploader is down again. You can embed from Brickshelf, though.

Very nice build. I like the all-around complexity. The legs and the upper arms are especially cool. The torso is good, but a bit blocky; the forearms are interesting, but I feel like the rows of 2x1 connectors are a little boring. That's just me, though.

One more thing- colors! The all-silver/grey/black looks good, but I'd suggest changing it up a bit. Maybe some highlights of a bright color? Eh, I don't know, it's up to you. :lol:

Thanks for the tip about embedding the images. I did, and now it is on MOCpages. As for the colors, even if I wanted to add more, it isn't possible with the parts in my collection. I'm not sure about the boxiness.

Not a bad MOC. The armor flows really nicely, and I love all those piece combinations you used, especially on the weapon. In particular, the torso front and the upper arms are my favorite parts.

The only thing I don't especially like is he seems really boxy. You used a lot of Technic pieces that give him a nice, solid look, but he has a lot of corners and everything is so even. A little more organic look would be nice. Also, the ankles are a little wierd, just how there's a gap in the armor between two large, boxy parts.

I don't think I would be able to fix the ankle gap without impeding posability.

Really well made! I like the way you add an extra finger on the hand, and the chain parts on the staff. Shouldn't he have an Avohkii, though?

Not every Toa of Light needs an Avohkii, not to mention, I don't like the Avohkii's design.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

Edited by Randy Disher

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Why would he need an Avohkii? :P

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I like how you went for the bulkiness on him. The torso is nice, especially how the Nuva armor fits onto there and the lower parts are quite nice as well. The arms look pretty good as well, the shoulder armor is nicely done. Though too much of the 1x2 connector things don't look too good. The detail on the lower legs are good, like the back of them. But the feet look a bit out of place, somehow. The weapon looks pretty interesting, like how you put the chain link things on. I understand that you have an overload of silver pieces(or that's what I'm guessing), but too much of one color doesn't look good on MOCs. Otherwise, great job on this one.

Why would he need an Avohkii? :P

If he's a toa of light, should't he have an Avohkii?

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Okay! You've proved me wrong! I'm sorry!

I like how you went for the bulkiness on him. The torso is nice, especially how the Nuva armor fits onto there and the lower parts are quite nice as well. The arms look pretty good as well, the shoulder armor is nicely done. Though too much of the 1x2 connector things don't look too good. The detail on the lower legs are good, like the back of them. But the feet look a bit out of place, somehow. The weapon looks pretty interesting, like how you put the chain link things on.I understand that you have an overload of silver pieces(or that's what I'm guessing), but too much of one color doesn't look good on MOCs. Otherwise, great job on this one.

You may be right about the 1X2 liftarms. The feet look fine to me. I considered using silver (non-clawed) Piraka feet, but I think they would have been too big. I don't have an overload of silver pieces, I just have more of them than of any color other than black.

Thanks for the feedback!

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Looks great! I like how (for lack of a better term) compact he looks. VERY complex, but not much bigger than a regular Toa. I like that a lot.

What are the smooth black pieces on the backs of his arms? I don't recognize them.

As odd as it is, the Rahkshi head on his lower back adds a perfect curve to the MOC.

Altogether amazing.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Looks great! I like how (for lack of a better term) compact he looks. VERY complex, but not much bigger than a regular Toa. I like that a lot.

What are the smooth black pieces on the backs of his arms? I don't recognize them.

As odd as it is, the Rahkshi head on his lower back adds a perfect curve to the MOC.

Altogether amazing.

The smooth black pieces came from Black Phantom. Glad you like the MOC!

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

I MISS MY BUCKET 

SO YOU'RE THE ONE!

I was derping around MOCpages when I saw this, and I wondered who made such an awesome thing...

Anyhow, my only complaint is the boxyness of the torso... Fix that, and you have a pretty amazing SM right there! =D

Nice being called "the one" :P. Glad you like it. With regard to the torso, it will get a redesign in version 2.

Thanks for the feedback!

Edited by Randy Disher

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

I MISS MY BUCKET 

The forearms look a bit long, but other than that this looks really good. The torso, in particular, is quite well-built. I also like the use of the Rode - that can be a difficult mask to use, but this pulls it off well.

Q2TtLEz.png

The forearms look a bit long, but other than that this looks really good. The torso, in particular, is quite well-built. I also like the use of the Rode - that can be a difficult mask to use, but this pulls it off well.

The forearms are actually the same length as the upper arms, they just look longer with the fingers. I'm glad you like the torso. I've been told it was too boxy, so it's good to hear you like it.

Edited by Randy Disher

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

I MISS MY BUCKET