BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Luckily for those of us who have been catching up, things have slowed down a lot in the past few years.  Not sure how much you were around for/when you stopped being active, but Ko was overrun by Legacy of Makuta, took hostages in the process, and currently a battle is being waged to free those hostages.  Aside from that, I can't think of any other major island-wide events that are ongoing or have had huge repercussions.  When I spent my time catching up I mostly followed the stories of characters I liked, so I may have missed one or two things.

• Upvote 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Wow...coming back and looking at some of my old haunts is bringing back memories. I'm almost surprised the same region topics are still up. Have I actually missed anything in the last few years?

More than you would think. It's been a long ride. 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Wow...coming back and looking at some of my old haunts is bringing back memories. I'm almost surprised the same region topics are still up. Have I actually missed anything in the last few years?

For better or worse, major story events have been on hold for around half a year as the staff deal with real world issues.   However, it's always worth a try to kick things back into motion.   At the very least, you end up increasing your post count.

• Upvote 2

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

For better or worse, major story events have been on hold for around half a year as the staff deal with real world issues.   However, it's always worth a try to kick things back into motion.   At the very least, you end up increasing your post count.

Regrettably, it's not the only holdup. Some of the things we're trying to accomplish require action from specific people before we can proceed. We're working to resolve it.

As always, I'm happy to see some new-old-faces here. It's great to see people popping up again.

• Upvote 3

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Does anybody know what happened to Sauce? I sent him some arc ideas I needed cleared close to two weeks ago and still haven't received a reply.

EDIT: Just read the prior posts. I guess I'll have to improvise until I can get approval for the other stuff.

Edited by Crimson Jester
  • Upvote 2

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

Does anybody know what happened to Sauce? I sent him some arc ideas I needed cleared close to two weeks ago and still haven't received a reply.

EDIT: Just read the prior posts. I guess I'll have to improvise until I can get approval for the other stuff.

Yes, besides him we still have Ghosthands--who controls Echelon, a character that is assumimgly going to do something big to kick of the next are, the rest of the Toa Maru's players, and most of the other matoran that were approached by that mysterious visitor. Plus something probably relevant is happening on Kentoku...

At least we can still make conversation.

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

I'm excited for the next arc. I regrettably missed most of this RPG's history, so I'm looking forward to being there when it moves forward again.

Nice to see people coming back, might get some traction back in the group.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

Hey everyone!  I've been a member of BZPower since I was a kid.  As I grow older, it's always so weird to come back to this site!  I've got some free time in August, and was remembering following some old BZPRPG threads years ago, and how I tried to make a character before but in the end the concept didn't work out, so I thought it might be fun to spend some time making a character and playing this game with everyone for awhile..  I'm posting here first just to ask a few questions; after this, I'll go create and post a character and start playing!

First, I see people asking/looking for interaction.  I'm going to try and get ahead of this and say if your character is near me, feel free to interact!  I've played plenty of Dungeons and Dragons in my past, so I'm very experienced in playing fun and fair with everyone :)

There's talk about the main plot/story being on hold because of staff member problems?  I hope it's okay that I get involved anyways.  Sorry if this is a bad time to make a new character and if some big new chapter is right around the corner.  Worst case scenario, I'll just retcon my stuff.

Lastly, this will be a creative outlet for me in life, so I hope everyone I interact with can appreciate my desire for a fun experience working with a character I created and generating my own fulfilling story.  I'm not really looking to be a major cool hero with awesome powers and expert skill.  I'm actually just gonna make a matoran, but haven't entirely decided which type yet.  Maybe someday it can be a toa but not for now lol.  I think I understand there is a hostage situation going on in Ko-koro right now?  Would it be a bad idea to make my character start out as a victim of this?

Thanks everyone for keeping this going without me!  Bionicle fans are best fans.

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

The main thing holding up the plot is that the staff are waiting on posts from a few players with story relevant characters.

As for starting now, it's as good a time as any. Nobody knows how soon the next arc will actually start so there's no point in waiting. Even with that nothing should come along that would require people to retcon stuff with their characters. And while it's probably a staff question I don't personally see a reason why you can't play one of hostages. As long as you are fine with the risk of them getting recaptured and essentially rendered unplayable.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

@Silvan, yeah maybe I'll just be in the Koro and detail how I "made it out."  Do you currently have a character within the story?  IF so, how long have you played?  I think the staff could try agreeing with each other that if outside circumstances become too big of an issue for a time like I feel like they are now, then they should allow some staffers who are present and not so entangled in their affairs to force the story to progress.  Just my two cents though, I'm sure they're doing as great a job as they can.

I'm going to try and get caught up on the story going on right now.  Would it be enough to just read the Ko-Wahi thread and maybe the main story thread?  Or should I try to understand everything?

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

Ah hello there. Nice to see new people who are interested in the game. Most of us still here have been playing for quite a few years now, so feel free to ask questions and we'll try to answer them best we can.

Edited by Monika

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

I'm about to post my character.  I'm going to be a Ba matoran Acolyte who is basically tired of living in the now-criminal Ko-koro.  I guess there's a battle unfolding, with a large scale fight being kicked off by sirens and a Toa of Sonics' use of their powers, so my matoran will have decided to abandon his studies and meditation and will try to escape now.  Sooooooooo if you see me in the ko-wahi thread feel free to interact!

If you could though, could you sum up basically what's going on in Ko-koro right now?  Stannis the toa maru is fighting some bad guy toa named Eisen inside a warehouse where some hostages are presumed to be, and there's a large crowd of bad guys outside being assaulted by the toa of sonics' team?

I've been actively playing ever since I made my account, was watching forrrrrrrrrr...years before that. Can't remember when I started. So yes I have several characters in the game. One of them is the guy holding the giant cannon of tuning forks that the sonic Toa is using to shoot the big sound blast.

Should point out something before you start playing as your character. All the normal people either fled the koro when it was invaded or were taken prisoner and held as a hostage by the bad guys. Your guy could theoretically have been in hiding all this time but he certainly wouldn't have been doing much meditating. Aside from that you have the situation roughly down. The Toa Maru learned where the hostages were being held, went to rescue them and drew the attention of half the koro. A team of the good guys who snuck in also noticed that something was going on and and went to see what the commotion was, When they saw what was happening they decided to help and launched the big boom. While that incapacitated most of the crowd outside the building a couple Makuta worshipers got inside to go after the Maru who were trying to tunnel the hostages out. Stannis is fighting a rearguard action.

On the subject of which thread to follow. There are no topics for plotlines. Each topic is either an in-game location or an out of game utility such as this place or the Character Profiles topic. The main plotline takes place within the location topics and moves between them as needed.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Lmao too late!  Oh well the details don't really matter: he's a guy who was in ko-koro and wants to get out now.  I referenced the blast in my first post so I'm establishing myself as somewhat close to ya'll.  I hope I can witness some action!  It'll be fun keeping up with your characters!  Thanks for giving me the rundown on what's been going on.  My guy, Azza, has basically just been trying to live in this new city but just cant't anymore, it's too evil and corrupted.  Where Azza will go, who knows.  For starters, he'll just have to get out!

Is PMing the preferred method of characters planning out some mutual plot together?  Like if I wanted to encounter you specifically, would we PM about it and what might need to happen to make that work?  Or do you just post and let whatever happens, happen?

If you want to set up some specific plotline or want to ask permission before interacting with someone than PMs are normally used. But if you just want to interact with a person, walking up to them and talking/attacking/helping is also pretty common.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I'm already excited!  I hope everyone feels my energy and starts being pretty active for this battle in ko-koro!  I can't wait to really start playing with everyone :3

I am wondering vaguely how to convincingly drop a Ta-Koroan Guardsman into the middle of Ko-Koro.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

• 2 weeks later...

Some time has passed since I started playing, and it's been super fun, but now I feel caught waiting on other players to get on and post a plot update.  I don't really know how to solve this problem, besides some kind of rapid action and shortening of current conflicts, so if anyone in the ko-wahi warehouse wants to hijack the main fight going on right inside the ko-koro warehouse, I'd gladly join your new plot path and post often with you to develop a story.  I'm still looking forward to the immediate conflict resolution happening with so many players right now!  It's just that I would prefer being able to post more often. It seems like everyone's stories across all of Mata-Nui have slowed way down, so maybe the administrators could get together and figure out a way to bridge everything back into one overarching plot development- or even climax to this chapter- so that a lot of people could interact with tons of other characters.

Would it be okay to share some general story ideas I have for my matoran here?  After a month of thinking about it and trying to post to be involved, I've come up with a few details that would be fun to play.

Edited by Azibo

Some time has passed since I started playing, and it's been super fun, but now I feel caught waiting on other players to get on and post a plot update.  I don't really know how to solve this problem, besides some kind of rapid action and shortening of current conflicts, so if anyone in the ko-wahi warehouse wants to hijack the main fight going on right inside the ko-koro warehouse, I'd gladly join your new plot path and post often with you to develop a story.  I'm still looking forward to the immediate conflict resolution happening with so many players right now!  It's just that I would prefer being able to post more often. It seems like everyone's stories across all of Mata-Nui have slowed way down, so maybe the administrators could get together and figure out a way to bridge everything back into one overarching plot development- or even climax to this chapter- so that a lot of people could interact with tons of other characters.

Would it be okay to share some general story ideas I have for my matoran here?  After a month of thinking about it and trying to post to be involved, I've come up with a few details that would be fun to play.

Things have slowed down, but there isn't really a way to expedite them. Part of a collaborative game is the fact that speed is always going to be limited by people's schedules. In this case, mine especially; I had a busy few weeks with family matters, and that really limited my ability to sit down and write a post. Especially one that needed to react to so much.

The staff are working to reach the next arc. The main storyline is nearing its end phases, for that. As long as we can keep up the rate on certain posts we need, we should get there before too long.

In the meantime, we appreciate everyone's patience.

• Upvote 3

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Things have slowed down, but there isn't really a way to expedite them. Part of a collaborative game is the fact that speed is always going to be limited by people's schedules. In this case, mine especially; I had a busy few weeks with family matters, and that really limited my ability to sit down and write a post. Especially one that needed to react to so much.

The staff are working to reach the next arc. The main storyline is nearing its end phases, for that. As long as we can keep up the rate on certain posts we need, we should get there before too long.

In the meantime, we appreciate everyone's patience.

I hope you didn't take my post as being upset :3  I'm enjoying how things are going.  It's cool to see everyone else interact!  I'm looking forward to seeing what the staff has in store.

Are the Corpus Rahkshi characters ever going to be involved in the main island story?  Or is that island pretty much isolated from the plot?  IMO it'd be neat if one day many of the mata nui hero characters had to defend an invasion from the educated rahkshi lol.

Edited by Azibo

Well, this happens every time there is a large conflict. It can be hard to follow all the rules sometimes. Especially when you are new.

Alright so, this is directed at Fanixe and Azibo.

Fanixe, you can't take Azibo's character hostage like that. Not in one post at least. Grabbing him, pulling him across the room and holding a knife to his throat is most definitely an autohit. Not to mention you completely ignored the dude with his hand on the Matoran.

Azibo, two things here. First off, you can ignore Fanixe's last post until he edits it into something within the rules. Second thing, your most recent post writes out the actions of several characters that are not yours. If you look under Bunnying in the Rules section you'll see what's up with that. The sequence of events you came up with certainly made sense, but you can't control anyone else's characters in here anymore than you could if this was a game of Smash Bros.

• Upvote 1

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Oh lol sorry I just now saw this.  If everyone's okay with where it's currently at, I'm fine with how things are turning out.  I tried to match the relative level of events happening that Fanixe showed and introduce Rorschach while retaining the stealth element he was going for.  Yeah. there is just a lot of people doing a lot at once, and I tried to leave off my post in a way so as to kind of free up most other players from having to factor me in when trying to decide their actions.  If anyone wants anything changed I'm fine with that, but again, I feel totally okay with being maskless yet out of immediate danger while protected by a toa who isn't trying to fight in this showdown right now.

• Upvote 1

Are the Corpus Rahkshi characters ever going to be involved in the main island story?  Or is that island pretty much isolated from the plot?  IMO it'd be neat if one day many of the mata nui hero characters had to defend an invasion from the educated rahkshi lol.

Corpus Rahkshi is a separate game to the BZPRPG, set in an entirely different time period and continuity. I think it's safe to say that there are no plans for the games to cross over in any way. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Ohhhhh haha that makes so much more sense. It's like the only other active thing so I guess I assumed it was part of bzprpg. It'd still be funny to see people collide but yeah nevermind in that hahaha.

So I'm just going to leave my last ko-wahi post, then? I don't want to hold up the story so if I need to change something I can, otherwise I'm leaving the post as is.

Edited by Azibo

Ohhhhh haha that makes so much more sense. It's like the only other active thing so I guess I assumed it was part of bzprpg. It'd still be funny to see people collide but yeah nevermind in that hahaha.

So I'm just going to leave my last ko-wahi post, then? I don't want to hold up the story so if I need to change something I can, otherwise I'm leaving the post as is.

You probably shouldn't bunny the stealing of your mask, unless approved by the other party

640px-Rorschach_judge.jpg

--Character Profiles--

||--Veneras--|--MacGukko--|--Tharros--|--Xerrand--|--Tarian--|--Niralle--||

You probably shouldn't bunny the stealing of your mask, unless approved by the other party

640px-Rorschach_judge.jpg

--Character Profiles--

||--Veneras--|--MacGukko--|--Tharros--|--Xerrand--|--Tarian--|--Niralle--||

Apologies for the absence, work and life duties tend to take precedent regardless of how inconvenient they are.

That being said, I've got another week or so of chaos before I can free up some time to get the ball rolling. Don't burn the place down before I have the chance.

• Upvote 1

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."