BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

A quest to build a completely mechanical Skakdi so Grokk can possess it out of nowhere at the last possible second.

Then we can start calling him Mecha-Grokk.

Edited by Timageness
  • Upvote 2

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

A staff quest idea? What if there was something like the element lords, and their tombs are discovered underneath the island at the center of a large, underground labyrinth. Sounds like a pretty rad starter to me... This discovery could be made through a prophesy discovered, promising that these beings can make others closer and one with their elements... little do they know they are no less ruthless than their canon counterparts. :P

Edited by Banana Gunz

The number of tombs and dungeons of the video game type are rather on the low end. Ruin numbers are in that area because the island just went through over a thousand years of warfare of some level or another.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Well no one says the labyrinth has to be in ruins... ;)

Besides, it's either those ruins are underground, or on a different island entirely. They don't necessarily have to be under Mata-Nui. Ruins are some of the coolest things because they can have their own styles and themes and let characters explore the mysteries of the past.

I quite like that idea honestly. Could make for some cool plot!

By the way, what ever happened to that quest some people did in their search for clues to the vaults by going to the spot under the red star?

Edited by Banana Gunz

look upon it and weep

that is the ban hammer, mortals, and none among you have yet been chosen to wield it

Oh yes, I knew I have heard of it before. There was one on an old Transformers forum I visited. Sadly I felt it's wrath when it was forced on me regarding the local RP. I still have the scar, want to see? *starts to unzip pants*

A staff quest idea? What if there was something like the element lords, and their tombs are discovered underneath the island at the center of a large, underground labyrinth. Sounds like a pretty rad starter to me... This discovery could be made through a prophesy discovered, promising that these beings can make others closer and one with their elements... little do they know they are no less ruthless than their canon counterparts. :P

You know I thought about making a Le-Matoran, I could MOC a Jungle-ish Maze idea in the LDD and he could be the guide. It would be more like a garden hedge maze as I don't know how to do convincing Jungle trees.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

By the way, what ever happened to that quest some people did in their search for clues to the vaults by going to the spot under the red star?

They're still sailing.

Ah, neato. Hope it's something cool. I always did have a thing for that darned Red Star...

You know I thought about making a Le-Matoran, I could MOC a Jungle-ish Maze idea in the LDD and he could be the guide. It would be more like a garden hedge maze as I don't know how to do convincing Jungle trees.

Ye, I'm actually really liking this idea and would like to take it further.

What part of the idea? Having a Jungle maze? Me designing it? Or me having a Le-Matoran and maybe being it's guild? Or perhaps all of the above?

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I like the idea of having matoran be a part of the quest, and a matoran guide. I was imagining the maze would go underground and the entrance being on a small island elsewhere. I imagine it to be big, dangerous and complex and divided elementally with there being a definite map for it (It could be slightly incomplete/vague though). The main adventure would come from the troubles faced along the way, and the stuff found at the heart.

They're still sailing.

Come Sail Away definitely relevant

Oh I love that song!

Remember, there is a difference between a maze and a labyrinth. A labyrinth, traditionally, doesn't have alternate paths. Remember, kiddos, might come in handy...

Oh, thanks! I just assumed that the Labyrinth is a maze, and that they might be interchangeable. Darn you vocabulary!

Ah, well not yet partaking in the actual RP (Still compiling my character profiles) not sure how well I could guide anyone. Though with staff permission and some brainstorming I could come up with something in my LDD. Maybe with Elemental hazards and gates. We would have to come to a consensus on how we wanted to play it out though. First I don't exactly know how big a file can be on the LDD but would give a good 3D aspect as I could take screen caps and upload them here for The viewing pleasure of whomever would be taking part in the story arch or whatever it may be called.

Also Should the Maze/labyrinth be pre-designed prior or maybe build on it as we go and see what picture develops?

Remember, there is a difference between a maze and a labyrinth. A labyrinth, traditionally, doesn't have alternate paths. Remember, kiddos, might come in handy...

No I did not actually know that. So what is a Labyrinth if not a mix of mazes and tunnels? Just a winding single tunnel? Anyway Let me know and I could get started on this. Have to have ideas why one would want to go into this place. Also why a single Matoran would not only know about it but be able to guide someone through it hopefully safely.

Edited by Prowl Nightwolf

Onua.png

Keep in mind that the staff already have the world set and a lot of it planned out. Quests that go introducing things like Elemental Lords sort of mess with that.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

The Sanctum Meeting hasn't really progressed for a week or so now. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

i remember the old days

when people weren't trying to make new villages, weird amulets, and random tombs/labyrinths everywhere on the island possible

when mata-nui was still mata-nui

before the empire

but everything changed

tumblr_m284bxiFrZ1r07kbz.gif

when the fire nation attacked

Edited by conclusions
  • Upvote 5

Yup... Still waiting for Dravennica to find Dayeth and Mortem so she can inform them of the plan that is no longer happening...

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

*slow claps*

No pun threads, please.

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

If one believes the Greek myth, then how did people get lost in the Labyrinth if it's a single line?

See this here perplexes me. I have watched a special on History or something like that where they found a place that could have inspired the myth. It said that it wasn't so much a maze of tunnels and halls but more a vast collection of inter connecting rooms. So it would have one room that connects to another with one to three additional doorways leading to their own rooms with one to three additional doorways, and so forth.

Keep in mind that the staff already have the world set and a lot of it planned out. Quests that go introducing things like Elemental Lords sort of mess with that.

Well that is why I said with staff permission. Not yet apart of the RP here I don't know the rules of adding new story arcs or content short of ones own character.

Onua.png

Its generally best if you try to keep your quests inside the world already created, less headaches that way.

The loot you get from said quests tends to be a bit more freeform though. Minor relics and the like if you can convince staff.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I'd urge you all to return to a topic pertinent to the game at large, and not bordering on spam.

Else I'll have to demonstrate what staff powers do.

tumblr_lt4ir5kBMz1qg7s6jo1_500.gif

l'oreal rpg 

because you're worth it, honey

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Adomai's still stuck there staring out into nothingness and leaning on the fourth wall. Thank the Lord almighty he can't actually break it. 

Still, I suggest we get the staff and have them install an impenetrable fourth wall. It's getting kinda ridiculous. 

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

Fyura can join Adomai with bashing their heads against the wall. BOTH ways of currying the favor of the Legacy were ones I didn't want to pursue with her, due to the involvement of my other characters. Although if the Ko-Koro expedition wasn't filled out very well, I was going to have her bolster the group, but that problem didn't end up happening.

Edited by Keeper of Kraata

The times, they are a-changing...

Yeah. Admittedly, Adomai has slightly... severe... inclinations. Namely, he wants to KILL THE AKIRI!

dun dun dunnn....

More specifically, he wants to kill Jaller and Hewkii. Why?

Because revenge, that's why.

Speaking of which, did Naming Day happen in the BZPverse?

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

Speaking of which, did Naming Day happen in the BZPverse?

Oh a nice question there. I remember seeing this on the wiki and it said it was an explanation as to why some Matoran had name changes. Do we have an canon Matoran here?

Onua.png