BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Don't worry guys, things are going to heat up soon, I can feel it.

Welp.  Looks like it.

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

Finally got around to working on that Tiokaha character I mentioned a while back, though her profile's still a WIP.

I do find it a little interesting that all the ones I've seen so far in the Profiles Topic seem to have either the Iaru or the Roth as their Mark, though (myself included). Hmmm...

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Finally got around to working on that Tiokaha character I mentioned a while back, though her profile's still a WIP.

I do find it a little interesting that all the ones I've seen so far in the Profiles Topic seem to have either the Iaru or the Roth as their Mark, though (myself included). Hmmm...

Well, I mean, come on

Nobody's going to leave the option of turning your blood into knives alone

Recently did some digging in order to find some background info on the Anxilia.

That species list in the Starter Topic really needs to be updated.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

It does. There are several species that don't have much (or any) presence anymore, or the player behind them is gone. Realistically, the lists likely won't be revamped until we have time to do all the other renovations as well.

Buuuut that should be soon.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Did you end up finding the info you were looking for?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

There's always somebody or something in the Bright-Star Inn.

Except when there isn't.

But there is now!

So go there.

Engage in hilarity.

Jump into random peoples' interaction with no thought or care for whether or not they want you to do so.

That's how I made friends here and I'm still not sure whether Tyler is just humouring me and secretly wants me gone, or if he actually enjoys having me around.

• Upvote 1

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

strike one

-Tyler

stop doing this it's annoying as ###### and completely pointless no joke

While I can't endorse Tir's tone here (remember: just because the filter exists doesn't mean we need to trip it all the time), yeah, tone down on the invisible text. It doesn't really add much and it makes the topic harder to read.

• Upvote 15

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Did you end up finding the info you were looking for?

Yeah. Haven't decided whether or not jumping through all of those hoops just to have a character with one of them was personally worth it yet, but I did eventually obtain the information I was seeking to acquire.

I also found the concept of the Anxilia/Toa/Parakuka combo that Canis proposed way back on Page 27 (May, 2013) to be quite interesting. That should've totally been a thing.

Edited by Timageness
  • Upvote 3

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Well, if we're talking about an evil character here, it might be worth considering taking a page out of Keeper's book and going the extra mile to barter for a vial of Antidermis, as Fyura's Hunger abilities seem to be at least somewhat capable of counteracting Vayde's energy consumption.

Throw in a Hau or a Pakari as the Anxilia, and you'd have a pretty interesting set-up for a Tank Build as well, since it would be kind of hard not to focus on a hulking, 'roided-out monstrosity that could potentially tear you apart with their bare hands during the middle of a skirmish when they can also start draining things like your stamina and Elemental Energy.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

I'm particularly proud of Fyura's power set because it creates an unstable equilibrium for her: she can feed to drain energy, which staves off her parakuka. However, it also allows her to shift more often, which speeds up the parakuka' draining of her lifespan, which makes her want to drain more... Om nom nom.

• Upvote 1

The times, they are a-changing...

Had to give credit where credit was due, man.

It was a pretty ingenious idea.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

As far as I know, the species that need to be added to the list are the Anxilia (which has been around for quite some time now) and the Tiokaha (if any others were approved "recently," feel free to chime in, people). Both can be found relatively easily via use of the search bar.

Hubert also has an older Iroiit character that's still active, and was trying to resurrect that particular species as well at one point, but I currently have no knowledge about whether or not he succeeded in doing so.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

The Anxila, at this time, are a nonissue. Until such a time as JL comes back and resumes the plots and events involving them, there has been (and only will be, due to the plot-based nature of their creation) the one batch of Anxila. In other words, anyone who can have one already has one. Uyism is an active character, but the Iroiit as a whole have not been approved on a species-wide basis this arc,

As for what has been approved overall, the staff don't really maintain a list of custom species, masks, and elements. Largely because there are specific circumstances behind them. Uyism and Karnakie, for example, are both individuals from species that are as a whole not approved. Only the specific character is. Similar occurrences happen with masks (Vakua's Suletu, for example), and there are things that were approved that have been quietly axed entirely (looking at you, Valkyr). I'll see about discussing the creation of such a list for next arc, but we don't actively maintain them. The approved species list in the Profiles Topic exists for Bionicle and BZPPG canon species. Bionicle canon is obvious, and the only example of a BZPRPG canon species is the Lesterin, which are on that list because they have become ubiquitous.

To answer the direct question that was asked, though...

Assuming my memory is accurate, there are no active custom elements. There was one example of a custom element this arc, but it was a unique one-off occurrence. Species are a little more broad. We have the Tiokaha, recently. At the start of this arc the Lesterin were custom, but at this point they're just commonplace.

Off the top of my head, those are the only two. A lot of species didn't bridge the gap between Arc 1 and Arc 2, and some of the ones that did were relying on players that are no longer around.

• Upvote 2

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

It can definitely seem a little much at first. If you ever need any help, we're always happy to answer questions.

In fact, I'm answering a question right now. Well, part of one. We get asked a lot "When's the next arc?" or "What'll the next chapter be like?" Am I about to answer those? Of course not. But in the spirit of the season, and in the tradition the old boss started, the staff do have a little something to whet your appetites.

Happy holidays.

RZ4aSPl.jpg

Big thank you to Vezok's Friend for the base image

Edited by It's A Gundam MkII
  • Upvote 8

fK5oqYf.jpg

Hmm... I love the implications of that image. The terrain makes me think of two possible locations on Mata-nui, though the fact there is a skakdi really throws me off.

However aside from that, I do have actual question unrelated to that. What is a generally accepted 'description' of energy blasts in the BZPRPG? Like I know there are several different items and characters that use the term energy blasts, but like how would you describe the damage of it? Would burn, or would it just feel more like being hit with a blunt object, like brick?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Generic "energy blast", generally, implies force and heat. Not a massive amount of the latter, unless otherwise noted. The emphasis is on the force. This can be somewhat variable depending upon what the power or weapon is.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Generic "energy blast", generally, implies force and heat. Not a massive amount of the latter, unless otherwise noted. The emphasis is on the force. This can be somewhat variable depending upon what the power or weapon is.

Alrighty, that does help me quite a bit. 

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu