BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Hey. I'm kind of a scrub around these parts, I'm looking to get started and gain some bearings for the story, There's a fair bit to look through. I was kind of hoping I could get pointed to the stuff that's been core to the story or would common knowledge for a new character. I've read the starter topic but I feel like getting some information directly from the people would probably be a good idea before diving straight in. Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this post.

Hey. I'm kind of a scrub around these parts, I'm looking to get started and gain some bearings for the story, There's a fair bit to look through. I was kind of hoping I could get pointed to the stuff that's been core to the story or would common knowledge for a new character. I've read the starter topic but I feel like getting some information directly from the people would probably be a good idea before diving straight in. Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this post.

Hey, welcome in.

If you go a few pages back in this topic, you'll see a new species that was introduced: The Tiokaha. It's probably wise to read up on them after you've gotten yourself situated.

Edited by Ghidora131

@PuddleToa: Welcome! I know it's quite extensive, but the starter topic is designed to summarise the story so far, so I don't really know what to suggest beyond reading that and asking any specific questions you have as a result. As for what's common knowledge to a new character, that's quite a vague question. Are you talking specifically about events (i.e. recent history), or all topics in general (i.e. the various species, local geography and culture, etc)?

@Ghidora: Not sure why you're flagging up the Tiokaha, tbh. They're cool, but he asked for things that are central to the plot or common knowledge for PCs, and the Tiokaha are currently neither.

• Upvote 4

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

beeecause it's good to know all the species you can play as? Seeing as to how IIRC, the Tiohaka haven't been added to the species list, it's perfectly relevant.

Maybe not central, but still relevant.

Exactly. I didn't want him to randomly interact with a Tiokaha and be overly confused as to their existence.

• Upvote 3

beeecause it's good to know all the species you can play as? Seeing as to how IIRC, the Tiohaka haven't been added to the species list, it's perfectly relevant.

Exactly. I didn't want him to randomly interact with a Tiokaha and be overly confused as to their existence.

If that's the case why wouldn't you list all the custom species instead of just that one specifically? Seems like instead of answering the new guy's question you just blatantly advertised that species. 

• Upvote 4

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Hey PuddleToa. :) Don't worry: this is the right place to put this post. If you have any questions or out-of-character comments in the game, the News & Discussion topic is the place to be.

As for your question: if you've read the starter topic, you should be good to go! Basically, this is the Mata-Nui of 2001, only instead of the Toa Mata, we have the Toa Maru. Makuta has been defeated, and one of his most powerful followers, Echelon, a Toa of Magnetism, has taken on leadership of all pro-Makuta bad guys. Their last major action was to take over Ko-Koro, which is now the gathering place for all the island's ne'er-do-wells.

Meanwhile, a scouting party for the Dasaka Empire has arrived on the shores of Ga-Wahi. The psionic Dasaka hail from the Kentoku Archipelago, a series of islands to the far east of Mata-Nui.

That's all you really need to know, story-wise. The next chapter of the story is due to start Soon, so once that happens, everyone will be on the same page and you'll be all caught up. :)

@PuddleToa: Welcome! I know it's quite extensive, but the starter topic is designed to summarise the story so far, so I don't really know what to suggest beyond reading that and asking any specific questions you have as a result. As for what's common knowledge to a new character, that's quite a vague question. Are you talking specifically about events (i.e. recent history), or all topics in general (i.e. the various species, local geography and culture, etc)?

@Ghidora: Not sure why you're flagging up the Tiokaha, tbh. They're cool, but he asked for things that are central to the plot or common knowledge for PCs, and the Tiokaha are currently neither.

For the common knowledge, I would say recent history, The kind of things someone on the street would know about. For specific questions. Would there be any jobs or positions that are in a degree of demand at the moment?

haven't even seen any tiokaha.

That's probably because people eventually end up forgetting that they even exist, hence why they should be added to the Starter Topic.

Player inactivity certainly doesn't help either, though.

If that's the case why wouldn't you list all the custom species instead of just that one specifically? Seems like instead of answering the new guy's question you just blatantly advertised that species. 

Why would he need to? Unless the Anxilia were introduced within the same time frame, the only custom species I can think of being approved for this Arc were the Lesterin, and the Starter Topic pretty much covers them with a link to their corresponding wiki page.

The way I understand it (and have been previously told), the others are either unique to specific, staff-approved characters, or they're throwbacks from a previous Arc and their original creators are no longer around to submit them for reapproval as a species, so they essentially end up falling into the same category anyway. At that point, it would just be easier to discover that information by looking up the details of said characters in the Profiles Topic, in the event that a player decided to interact with them to begin with, as listing all of the species that currently aren't being as widely used anymore would be somewhat redundant.

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

For the common knowledge, I would say recent history, The kind of things someone on the street would know about. For specific questions. Would there be any jobs or positions that are in a degree of demand at the moment?

Well, bloodthirsty cutthroat murderer is always an opening...

Well, bloodthirsty cutthroat murderer is always an opening...

Really? It seems like it would be an over-saturated market.

Really? It seems like it would be an over-saturated market.

It really is.

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

Hey guys what's up-

Drat. I have to do my job for once.

Folks, we can stop arguing over the Tiokaha. Was it an unnecessary plug? Oh yes. As cool a concept as they are, they really didn't need to be advertised any more than anything else. If PuddleToa encountered one and didn't know what it was, a question in here or a search in here will turn up the answer really easily. He asked about what would be core, common, and current knowledge for the game. The Tiokaha plug, while well-meaning, does not fit the bill. Nor does the ensuing argument.

I get that some of you would like to make this a platform for them to be listed in the Profile Topic, but it isn't going to happen. I've explained it to a few people before, but I'll state it publicly here; the Profile Topic does not keep a running list of what custom species, powers, Kanohi, or tech have been approved. If it did we would need to keep track of dozens of items that we get requests for several times a month. This is largely what the Wiki is for; so that the community can maintain a reference base themselves, allowing you all to make the information you want to be available organized in a central location while we can handle the administrative duties for... Well, everything else.

We already have to maintain the list of species, Kanohi, and powers that are allowed by default. We have to maintain all of the reference materials for the Dasaka, especially visa vis petitioning. And we have to maintain the Living List. While it is possible for more information to be put at the start of the Topic, it frankly is already cluttered to an unsightly degree as it is.

PuddleToa, first of all, welcome aboard. I'm one of your friendly neighborhood staffies, and you already met Ghost. Tyler's around here somewhere. We're always happy to see new players, and you've joined at a time where we should be gearing up to get to the new arc quite soon. In other words you picked a great time. 

If you read the Starter Topic (as you said you did), then you got all the big stuff. Last I checked the summary there was up to date on all major events. What you might want to know for the current time is largely focused to Ko and Ga; the Dasaka (they should be covered in the Starter, but feel free to ask for clarification) are exploring Ga-Koro at their own pace, so a fair few of them are out and about to interact with. They're a pretty hot topic for most characters, since they're the first well-known expedition of foreigners to arrive with their memory intact.

Ko-Koro is controlled by the forces of the Legacy, Makuta's followers. Some heroic groups have begun infiltrating to try and undermine their occupation, but not much has happened there yet.

That should really bring you up to speed on any central elements of the story right now, but please ask about anything you'd like to know more of. We're happy to help. :)

• Upvote 6

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Meanwhile, a scouting party for the Dasaka Empire has arrived on the shores of Ga-Wahi. The psionic Dasaka hail from the Kentoku Archipelago, a series of islands to the far east of Mata-Nui.

Wait, those Dasaka are still in Ga-wahi? I honestly thought they left to return to Kentoku awhile ago.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Just a quick little announcement here--

I've not been playing as Rhea for quite a while now due to subplot stagnation, as well as (and perhaps moreso) a rather distinct loss of interest on my part. A lack of time, as well; but that's not a good reason since we all know 'not enough time' is never actually an issue unless we're looking for an excuse to not do something.

So I'm going to be relegating both her and Nero to 'inactive' status for the time being; I'll probably dust them off again upon the beginning of the upcoming Next Season of the BZPRPG, but for now I'm finally, officially shelving them just so I won't feel guilty over not keeping them active. :P

So, eh, just sayin'. Consider any currently ongoing in-game interactions Rhea and Nero were involved in, terminated on my end. I'll tie up relevant (to me) plot strings in a flashback or something later on if it becomes necessary. :)

Thanks for the warm welcome! I think I'm just about ready to get stuck in. But I was wondering where or who I went to for running ideas by.

Anything that you need approval for can be run by the staff. Our PM boxes are always open, except for well... The times when they're full. :P

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I just did my first post as Vantul (Le-Wahi), and was wondering, do I need to do anything else? Or is there a reason that there has been no activity in nearly a week (did I miss something, or are people just inactive for long stretches?), so... ? Anything else? Open for interaction, I guess.

I am from space.  :l:  :a:  :l:  :a:  :j:  :u:  :j:  :u:  :n:  :i:  :n:  :i:

I just did my first post as Vantul (Le-Wahi), and was wondering, do I need to do anything else? Or is there a reason that there has been no activity in nearly a week (did I miss something, or are people just inactive for long stretches?), so... ? Anything else? Open for interaction, I guess.

Like Lynn said above, the game sometimes has slow periods. Right now, things are slow partly because we're waiting on the next chapter in the main plot. When that drops, activity will likely pick right up. :)

Hmmm, let's see...

Verulas: Ga-Wahi, waiting to meet up with the rest of his teammates.

Septima: Ga-Wahi docks, awaiting a response from Natharius.

Aine and Shu: Ga-Wahi docks, alongside the rest of the Ga-Koro Amulet Quest Crew, I believe, waiting for that to clear up.

Taranis and Tenjin: Onu-Wahi, waiting for preparations for The Heist to proceed.

Dhalgira: Onu-Wahi, interacting with Ezrak.

Xhalia: Ko-Wahi, awaiting any form of interaction from the inhabitants of Obsidian Outpost.

Zenithex: Po-Wahi, digging through the remains of Blackrock Fortress for anything that could potentially help him resurrect everybody's favorite Archangel-worshipping cultists (more on that later, hopefully).

Dravennica and Celphrithia: Kini-Nui, heading towards The Vault alongside Kavala and Dayeth, just as it's about to become Ground Zero for plot shenanigans, which was purely a coincidence.

Other than those last two, I think mine are as stable as they're going to get.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

...and now I'm reminded that I've got two big posts to write that I haven't even started yet.  And I've been sitting on them for, like, god knows how long now.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Cryptic.

Interesting, but cryptic.
  • Upvote 2

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Awww yis. plotplotplotplot

Hmm. I think I'm pretty sure who these 'lost ones' are... but who is the specific lost one?

I think I know. o^^o

• Upvote 5

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

Hmmm...

Oh. Oh...

That actually makes sense, provided all the information I'm assuming to be correct actually is.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé: