BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Your character's backstory is less important than how you play them, I feel.

• Upvote 2

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

I mean, none of my characters so far have really had any meaningful backstories, so yeah, but I knew that was a cliche among BZPRPG characters.

​I'll probably just keep it the same.

​(ignore my lack of diacritics)

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

This is probably pointless to ask since certain features of the Koros seem kinda nebulous but...
Ga-Koro has bars, right? For, eh, future reference. Bars seem like the easiest place to give a character a headstart, so to speak. Perfect for a certain lone wolf Toa to...reflect on himself.

​(I feel like I ask too many questions but even after browsing the BZPRPG long before I even had an account, I still get nervous about this kinda stuff)

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

This is probably pointless to ask since certain features of the Koros seem kinda nebulous but...

Ga-Koro has bars, right? For, eh, future reference. Bars seem like the easiest place to give a character a headstart, so to speak. Perfect for a certain lone wolf Toa to...reflect on himself.

​(I feel like I ask too many questions but even after browsing the BZPRPG long before I even had an account, I still get nervous about this kinda stuff)

Silv summed it up, but no need to feel nervous about asking things. There are some informal rules and commonly accepted norms for the game that take a little time playing it to get the hang of, and there's always a lot of lore to sift through.

We're always happy to answer questions.

• Upvote 5

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

And some end behind them.

• Upvote 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I have yet to have a character of mine start off in a bar.

I've had two of them break into a store, knock out the owner, proceed to rob them blind, and manage to get away with it without attracting any attention to themselves all within the confines of their first post, but none of them have ever started off in a bar.

Hopefully, that will change when I finally get around to finishing up Dahrak's profile.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I have yet to have a character of mine start off in a bar.

I've had two of them break into a store, knock out the owner, proceed to rob them blind, and manage to get away with it without attracting any attention to themselves all within the confines of their first post, but none of them have ever started off in a bar.

Hopefully, that will change when I finally get around to finishing up Dahrak's profile.

Come to Ga-Koro; we have unfortunate circumstances.

I already have four characters in Ga-Wahi. I was thinking about having him start off in Onu-Wahi, but then I'd be putting myself in the same situation again.

It's probably more likely that he'll end up in either Ta or Le, considering I currently have nobody in the former, and I've never been in the latter at all.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Hmmm...

Le or Ta...? Le... or Ta?

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

So, uh, where would the best place right now for a frankenstein-esque guy to blunder into where he might actually run into someone?

Both Le and Ga Koro seem pretty active at the moment.

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

For some reason I feel like if I walk him into Ga nobody will interact with him, can't exactly say why either. I mean, he looks like three people got exploded, a third was taken from each and those were assembled into one guy(because that's more or less the case) and his introduction post I wrote is really long, but I just can't decide where to drop him.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

For some reason I feel like if I walk him into Ga nobody will interact with him, can't exactly say why either. I mean, he looks like three people got exploded, a third was taken from each and those were assembled into one guy(because that's more or less the case) and his introduction post I wrote is really long, but I just can't decide where to drop him.

Well there's a couple of guys who tried to kill each other walkin' out of the not necessarily specific Ga-Koro bar...

• Upvote 1

You could also have him run into Dahrak over in Ta if you don't mind putting up with a complete and utter ####.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

That reminds me, with Atlas gone, I'm not entirely sure what to do with Kiriah in Ga, since we were waiting on a post from him.

I would recommend a little in the way of retcons, magic your character away from him. Since he's actually gone, rather than simply being slow about posting.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

That reminds me, with Atlas gone, I'm not entirely sure what to do with Kiriah in Ga, since we were waiting on a post from him.

Just feel free to work a bit of timeskip/retcon magic or something. Sometimes the actual gaming aspect of this RPG has to take precedence over the storytelling aspect in order to keep things alive, and I daresay the situation you describe sounds like one of those times. :)

E:  ninja'd, but anyhow...

Edited by Shadowhawk
  • Upvote 1

So what colour scheme do beings of the Crystal element have?

I don't believe there's any official colour scheme. That said, BZPRPG characters often don't conform to elemental colour stereotypes anyway (I know there's been at least one blue Toa of Fire walking around), so you can really do whatever you like.

Also, a more general piece of info: my computer's suddenly started crashing frequently and unexpectedly. I'm in the middle of some final projects, so I won't have time to look into it until after classes are done next week. If I'm slow to post or respond to PMs, that's why. I also won't be on Skype until I can get this sorted out, so if you need to chat, you'll want to send a PM. Thanks!

Edited by Eyru

Actually, Lesterin of Crystal have a default color scheme, but they're the only ones that do.

I'd imagine that the base colors for characters of another species would normally be two of those three, though determining which one is the unusual color would still be up for interpretation. As Eyru stated above, however, whether or not your character conforms to them is ultimately up to you.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

When I originally wrote that, I intended the green to be the non-standard colour. I can't remember where I got light blue/white from; might've been from another source, might've just been what I assumed Crystal's colours would be.

And no, I'm not aware of Crystal having any official standard colours either.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Well, if there's no set colour scheme, what about light blue and purple, or perhaps white and purple? Eye colour could be blue, or maybe even red... Just an idea.

I just think that a base colour scheme would lend some validity to the element is all...

Edited by Toa Onaku

Eye colour could be blue, or maybe even red... Just an idea.

I don't think there's any element that dictates the user's eye colour. And while I'm not too fussed either way about whether anyone wants to nail down a proper colourscheme for Cy-elementals, I think trying to force them to have a specific eye colour is a bit excessive. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Eye colour could be blue, or maybe even red... Just an idea.

I don't think there's any element that dictates the user's eye colour. And while I'm not too fussed either way about whether anyone wants to nail down a proper colourscheme for Cy-elementals, I think trying to force them to have a specific eye colour is a bit excessive. 

I'm with Nato on this one. The BZPRPG canon elements don't really need 'validity' granted to them, especially given that their inclusion at all is a holdover from their popularity a long time ago. They were created by players to begin with, and there isn't even really a consensus on what the canon elements have for baseline coloration. If you go through the profile topics you'll see a lot of variation, even if the majority stick within a given range.

Plus it's not just the BZPRPG exclusive ones that lack for baseline colors. Some of the canon elements that never had a visual attached to them don't have much in the way of solid baselines.

If you all want to try and reach a consensus and hold yourselves to it, by all means. It's that sort of group creativity that made elements like Crystal a mainstay to begin with. But that's something you'd need to sort out yourselves, because it's not really something the staff are ever going to enforce.

We're not the fun police to that degree.

Yet.

• Upvote 4

fK5oqYf.jpg

Even though canon Toa of magnetism are black and gunmetal, I have Casanuva as primarily blue, because... Well, Gahlok-Kal was blue. Though in this iteration it's more that his mask is blue, kind of like how Nuparu's mask was orange. His body is mostly black and gunmetal, but he wears blue armor that matches his mask.

The times, they are a-changing...