BZPRPG - Le-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC (Weta): "Did he get to talk to the Akiri or someone near to him first?" Weta asked. It was important that the authorities be informed of the danger.

IC: "No he didn't, he went with that Turaga and another Matoran first, should I go speak to the Akiri?"

My BZPRPG Profiles

If you interact with me, and I haven't responded after a while, feel free to PM me.

IC:

"Yeah, I'm not too down with that idea, either, kid," Esao replied, positioning the burgers carefully on the buns and adding toppings here and there to various burgers. "Alright, ladies and gents. Who's ready to apologize for ever doubting my prowess at the grill?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: [ Krios ] - Le-KoroThe black-clad Vortixx stepped silently away into the night, moving with his usual cold deliberation, but as a bend of the trail and a tangle of massive trees hid him from sight of the two Le-Matoran and the Toa of Air, he broke into an easy lope.And after a few minutes more, a flat-out run. No telling how long the Toa would keep the crossbow-wielding duo occupied, but if one thing was certain, he didn't want to be around when the time was up.It might be wise to upgrade my self-defense weapon. A razor-edged protosteel stiletto is good, but maybe not good enough. Not for ranged combat, or multiple opponents.He frowned, vaulting nimbly over a fallen treetrunk.Next thing you know, I'll be toting around enough hardware to sink a battleship. If I can't take care of myself with just my brain and a knife, who says a rapier or hand crossbow is going to help?His frown deepened.Maybe I just need a change of atmosphere. This dank jungle is getting on my nerves, making me reckless. Too humid, too hot, too wild and treacherous. Living in a tree like a half-witted Brakas monkey isn't exactly my idea of a superb living situation, either.He hurried on through the darkness, icy blue eyes lost in thought.

- - -

Le-Koro was a sprawling network of warm yellow lights against the blackness of the forest canopy, the glow mirrored in the placid waters of the lake beneath it. The night was getting on towards the wee hours of the morning, but scattered voices, laughter, and traces of cheerful music still rang out here and there; from the Kolhii field, from the disk range, from the central village platform and a handful of eating-houses.Krios paused at the water's edge, noting the tight cluster of armed guards on duty at the elevators, the faint contours of the tactical throwing disks arranged neatly on racks within arm's reach. 'Ever-ready, always-deadly,' as the saying went, and with the rising tensions between the six Mata Nui city-states being as they were, it was a saying that could certainly be applied to more than just the Le-Koronian military.He brushed a bit of swamp-mud from his sleeve, squared his shoulders, and faded along the bridge towards them. They watched him come, eyes bored and yet alert."Who goes?" came the inevitable challenge."Krios. Vortixx, inhabitant." replied Krios, saying nothing of why he sought entrance. The guards weren't stupid; they had seen him leave in a hurry, seen two armed Le-Matoran follow him only minutes later, and they knew he made his living as a professional gambler. They could put two and two together, and Krios knew it, and the guards knew that Krios knew it, and Krios knew that they knew, and so they were all bound by an unspoken knowledge of the situation.A moment's hesitation, then: "Very well. Entrance permitted."Krios moved towards the nearest elevator shaft, pressing the 'UP' button with a long, clawed forefinger. A faint whirring hum sounded as the elevator descended, then a hydraulic hiss as the doors slid open. Yellow light splashed across his face from the lighted interior of the lift, and he stepped inside. The doors slid shut once more, and he felt the familiar sway of upward movement.

- - -

Krios made his dwelling in Room 34 of a ramshackle tenement building, perched haphazardly on a massive tree limb, fifty or sixty feet off the ground. For some odd reason, the rooms actually had windows in the rear walls, windows that had promptly been termed 'suicide hatches' by the Xa-Koro refugees. Most of the refugees had since dispersed throughout the island, but the name stuck, at least among the tenement's remaining occupants.Krios' room was clean, well-kept, and extremely bare in regard to furnishings. Only a small cot, several feet too short for the Vortixx's tall, lean frame; a battered desk and candlestick; and a single chair, broke the monotony of four square walls and ceiling. The floor was polished wood, scarred and pitted beyond reason. On a hook near the door hung his threadbare cloak; beneath it on the floor, his black Rahi-hide backpack, packed up and ready to leave at a moment's notice. Krios had learned long ago the importance of a gambler's need to keep his possessions few, his spare change on his person, and multiple escape routes in his mind. It was a risky business, even for an experienced professional.He moved to the window, opening it slightly to let in the cool night breeze. Normally, he would have kept it closed and locked, but his room was not on ground level. Far from it.Yes, a change of scenery would be wise. Those two Le-Matoran are unlikely to let the matter rest; it is only a matter of time before they turn to extreme measures.He had never been away from the Le-Wahi area in his life. Xa-Koro had been his territory, and after that, Le-Koro. Nothing else.Time for that to change. But whither shall I make my trail?He despised the heat, even feared it. Fire was his enemy, due to some genetic phenomenon that had resulted in a queer physical vulnerability. So, Ta-Koro and Po-Koro were out of the question. The one was volcanic, the other was desert. Horrible.Ko-Koro? No, far too harsh. Onu-Koro? Well... maybe. But from what he'd heard, the Onu-Matoran were far too world-wise and cautious to waste their riches in reckless gambling. That left only Ga-Koro, and he wasn't sure if he'd be very welcome there. Ga-Matoran were notorious for their moral values, which of course meant they would be largely opposed to a professional gambler of Xa-Koronian lineage.He lay down on his cot, on his back, hands clasped behind his head, gazing thoughtfully at the ceiling. All things considered, Onu-Koro might be best. Wisdom was not always infallible; if he played his hand carefully, there were riches aplenty to be obtained.In the morning, tomorrow, he would see about picking up some traveling supplies, maybe find an armed trade caravan to sign up with. It was a day's journey, at best, and although Makuta was gone, shadow was immortal.Tomorrow.

IC: Kehuri

"Fine, it sounded better in my head anyways." He sighed and sat on a bar stool that creaked precariously under him. A part of him agreed with them, but another part stubbornly believed that if they could be unified again, they would learn. "So... You're still called the Island Liberation Front. Shouldn't you get a new name, since the island's liberated now?" He depressingly reminded himself that it was no thanks to them. Himself included.

Edited by Draezeth

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC - Him - Le-Koro:

My, my, what a conundrum they have caused for me...

He had slipped into another section of huts, his search for information fruitless thus far save for a pair of guards griping about having to deal with a delusional Matoran. Whatever the three had done, they had done it subtly, without spreading news of His activities. The question was, had that been intentional, or not? Regardless, it was a commendable effort, the measures they were taking to protect Ukris. Foolish, but commendable.

He would have to remember to applaud them once he issued his official challenge. For now, though, he would simply draw them out. Divert attention. Increase the stakes.

The very thought of what He would do next made him just plain giddy with excitement.

She was perfect for the part: A lone citizen exiting her hut, no doubt with the simple intent to go about her daily business--run a few errands, meet up with friends, and then return home for the night. Another face in the crowd, no more important than a drop of water in the endless ocean that surrounded the island. No other sounds emanated from the surrounding huts, empty as they were, meaning no one would ever suspect a thing, would have no way of knowing what was to come.

The Matoran turned away from her door, adjusting her bag as she prepared to go, when something caught her eye: A carefully-folded note, placed on a basket to the left of her door. The set-up was too neat, too perfect to be accidental--no one had simply dropped the note, that was for sure. That must mean it was for her, did it not? Looking around, she hesitated, knowing that she needed to get going, and yet curious as to what message lay within that folded paper. Her curiosity was powerful, and it overtook her voice of reason--A minute won't hurt... I won't be that late...

She approached, picking it up and unfolding it. The note was crisp, its folded corners crackling slightly as she opened it. Confusion set in as she saw the two words scrawled across it, written in a messy hand that seemed entirely dissonant with the professional style of the paper it was written on.

"Behind yooou~"

Barely had this message registered in her mind when an invisible rope tightened around her throat. She gasped, trying to scream, but a field of silence engulfed her, quenching the sound before it could form. As the note dropped to the ground, the Matoran felt herself being lifted up by the noose, her weight dragging her down against the rope, making it increasingly difficult for her to breathe as she was carried away from the scene by her unknown assailant.

She blacked out soon after, never to awake again--not as she was carried through the canopy on an invisible back, the other end of the rope tied to a thick branch above the market, and her body dropped from the cover of the trees, left to hang above the masses while He slipped away from the scene. Tacked on to her body, as whoever cut it down would discover, would be another note, this time containing a riddle:

"There's a place not far from here

With life that I do seek.

Its owner is a little man

With sanity so weak.

Identity is easy found,

Though his future is quite bleak.

With muddled thoughts, he won't live long--

What madness shall I wreak!"

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

IC - Him - Le-Koro:My, my, what a conundrum they have caused for me... He had slipped into another section of huts, his search for information fruitless thus far save for a pair of guards griping about having to deal with a delusional Matoran. Whatever the three had done, they had done it subtly, without spreading news of His activities. The question was, had that been intentional, or not? Regardless, it was a commendable effort, the measures they were taking to protect Ukris. Foolish, but commendable. He would have to remember to applaud them once he issued his official challenge. For now, though, he would simply draw them out. Divert attention. Increase the stakes. The very thought of what He would do next made him just plain giddy with excitement. She was perfect for the part: A lone citizen exiting her hut, no doubt with the simple intent to go about her daily business--run a few errands, meet up with friends, and then return home for the night. Another face in the crowd, no more important than a drop of water in the endless ocean that surrounded the island. No other sounds emanated from the surrounding huts, empty as they were, meaning no one would ever suspect a thing, would have no way of knowing what was to come. The Matoran turned away from her door, adjusting her bag as she prepared to go, when something caught her eye: A carefully-folded note, placed on a basket to the left of her door. The set-up was too neat, too perfect to be accidental--no one had simply dropped the note, that was for sure. That must mean it was for her, did it not? Looking around, she hesitated, knowing that she needed to get going, and yet curious as to what message lay within that folded paper. Her curiosity was powerful, and it overtook her voice of reason--A minute won't hurt... I won't be that late... She approached, picking it up and unfolding it. The note was crisp, its folded corners crackling slightly as she opened it. Confusion set in as she saw the two words scrawled across it, written in a messy hand that seemed entirely dissonant with the professional style of the paper it was written on. "Behind yooou~" Barely had this message registered in her mind when an invisible rope tightened around her throat. She gasped, trying to scream, but a field of silence engulfed her, quenching the sound before it could form. As the note dropped to the ground, the Matoran felt herself being lifted from the ground, her weight dragging her down against the rope, making it increasingly difficult for her to breathe as she was carried away from the scene by her unknown assailant. She blacked out soon after, never to awake again--not as she was carried through the canopy on an invisible back, the other end of the rope tied to a thick branch above the market, and her body dropped from the cover of the trees, left to hang above the masses while He slipped away from the scene. Tacked on to her body, as whoever cut it down would discover, would be another note, this time containing a riddle:

"There's a place not far from here

With life that I do seek.

Its owner is a little man

With sanity so weak.

Identity is easy found,

Though his future is quite bleak.

With muddled thoughts, he won't live long--

What madness shall I wreak!"

IC: While speaking to Weta, Orderin noticed something, strange, hanging over the marketplace. "Weta, just wait 1 minute." He then ran off. Upon a closer look he noticed he saw that it was a Matoran, dead, hanging from a tree branch in the middle of the marketplace. He ran up to it, slipping through the masses of screaming Matoran to check it out. Then, he noticed a note hanging from it. he quickly ran back to get Weta and Akiri Kongu.OOC: Lorax, Orderin is looking for Weta, you should re-join.

Edited by Falcon Lord

My BZPRPG Profiles

If you interact with me, and I haven't responded after a while, feel free to PM me.

IC: Ta'Rae (Pala-Koro)

"Well, some people sure have time for idle words," the former Ta-Toa muttered to himself. Standing aside from the group of chatting companions, we was practicing his juggling with some random rocks he found on the ground. "I really need to try this with axes," he thought. "No, you don't," came a reply. "Well, I've got to have fun somehow," Ta'Rae muttered back. "Gen-er, Ta'Rae, an axe only has a limited grabbing area. Depending on the spin of the weapon, you could end up throwing your hand on the blade..." Ta'Rae sighed in exasperation as Ronin launched into a supernerd rant. Ever since the defeat of the Makuta, Ronin had gotten less grimdark and sarcastic. But it had also gottenchattier. And. It. Was. Annoying.

Edited by Constructman: Black Knight

IC: Vuracious and Morok in Le-Koro

Vuracious leaped through the trees hoping to lose Morok.

"YOU COWARD! YOU AREN'T GOING TO ESCAPE AGAIN!", Morok yelled as he shot flames at Vuracious.

"I didn't expect the kid to live....how...how...what is he?", Vuracious asked himself.

OOC: Viima from Ga-Wahi.

IC Viima

(Le-Koro):

Viima was amazed at how fast he got to the village of air. Apparently having an objective in mind improved your speed.

Viima got up with the lift and looked around frantically. He hoped Orderin hadn't left yet, for he had some very important news for him.

Walking around a bit, Viima soon spotted Orderin in the distance, looking like he was in a hurry. Viima ran towards the Toa of Air.

"Orderin!" he shouted. "Toa Orderin! It's me, Viima!"

OOC: Viima from Ga-Wahi. IC Viima(Le-Koro): Viima was amazed at how fast he got to the village of air. Apparently having an objective in mind improved your speed. Viima got up with the lift and looked around frantically. He hoped Orderin hadn't left yet, for he had some very important news for him. Walking around a bit, Viima soon spotted Orderin in the distance, looking like he was in a hurry. Viima ran towards the Toa of Air. "Orderin!" he shouted. "Toa Orderin! It's me, Viima!"

IC: "Viima! it's good to see you. What happened with that Turaga and your other friend?"

My BZPRPG Profiles

IC Viima

(Le-Koro):

"You were right", Viima said, panting. "They were up to something. They drugged me and tried to use me to asassinate Akiri Hahli. I was caught and the two of them escaped Ga-Koro. I was freed because I told the truth and it wasn't really my fault... and now I'm after those two."

Viima looked around. "I just came here to inform you of what happened... and have you gotten anywhere with that invisible loonatic?"

IC Viima(Le-Koro): "You were right", Viima said, panting. "They were up to something. They drugged me and tried to use me to asassinate Akiri Hahli. I was caught and the two of them escaped Ga-Koro. I was freed because I told the truth and it wasn't really my fault... and now I'm after those two." Viima looked around. "I just came here to inform you of what happened... and have you gotten anywhere with that invisible loonatic?"

IC: "Yes we have gotten some more information, I was just running to get Weta and Akiri Kongu."

My BZPRPG Profiles

IC Viima(Le-Koro): "What kind of information?" Viima asked. "Also, you haven't seen that Turaga and Ga-Matoran here since we departed, have you?"

IC: "Well, lets say, I found a body over there in the marketplace. Will you be staying here long?"

My BZPRPG Profiles

IC Viima

(Le-Koro):

Viima was shocked to hear of the body. "He killed someone, then..."

Viima had a hard time making a decision. He knew that the longer Surina and Celite remained free, the bigger chance of them being lost forever. But on the other hand, there was a real crisis going on in Le-Koro as well, one Viima had volunteered to help in.

"I'm having two quests at the same time, Toa...", Viima said. "I am needed in two places at once. I don't know what to do."

IC Viima(Le-Koro): Viima was shocked to hear of the body. "He killed someone, then..." Viima had a hard time making a decision. He knew that the longer Surina and Celite remained free, the bigger chance of them being lost forever. But on the other hand, there was a real crisis going on in Le-Koro as well, one Viima had volunteered to help in. "I'm having two quests at the same time, Toa...", Viima said. "I am needed in two places at once. I don't know what to do."

IC: "It doesn't matter to me if you wish to continue pursuing them then you can, I will not be offended. Your choice is your own."

My BZPRPG Profiles

IC Viima

(Le-Koro):

Viima sighed. The decision was not an easy one. After all, the thing with the invisible Toa was happening in his own home village.

What comes first? Home... or personal affairs?

The decision wasn't as hard to make as Viima wanted it to. It made him sad to realize he had lost so much patriotism since Makuta's defeat.

"I guess I am going then", he said. "But I will probably have to circle the island over and over again. I will not forget your case here. We will meet again, Toa."

IC Viima(Le-Koro): Viima sighed. The decision was not an easy one. After all, the thing with the invisible Toa was happening in his own home village. What comes first? Home... or personal affairs? The decision wasn't as hard to make as Viima wanted it to. It made him sad to realize he had lost so much patriotism since Makuta's defeat. "I guess I am going then", he said. "But I will probably have to circle the island over and over again. I will not forget your case here. We will meet again, Toa."

IC: "Goodbye then, as soon as I am finished here I will find you and aid you on your quest." Orderin then ran off to find Weta and Akiri Kongu.

My BZPRPG Profiles

IC Viima

(Le-Koro):

"You are a true Toa, Orderin", Viima said and went to the opposite direction. It seemed like Surina and Celite had not been seen in this village. Whether it meant they were still in the wilderness or had taken refuge in a different village, he did not know.

The hard part was deciding where to go next. There was really no logical choice where to go. It would be a quest of trial and error.

He decided to start from Ta-Koro. The tunnel between Le- and Ta-Koro was the fastest way to go right now and time meant a lot to him right now.

OOC: Viima to Ta-Koro.

I.C. Vompran

At last! Makuta was defeated! Pieces of Vompran's shattered soul returned to him, although he was not very conscious of the spirit realm. The one who had mutilated his body had lost his purpose, the father of the Rahkshi that killed Trakuda was no more, and he was almost sure Heunai was of no more concern either.

Vompran made his way to his fellow ILF deputies. He didn't say anything just yet, but he was nearby.

elementalussal.png

IC: Krahma

"I guess that would be a good way of hiding it," Krahma said, realising he was a lot more sane when dealing with business. He quite liked it, and even started using a little treespeak as he was relaxed. Ironic, as Ranama had only used treespeak when stressed. "We don't want to get caught-seen by the guards, so I'd recommend making it at least a kio away from the village. South of Lake Pala is a lot of pretty quiet jungle, but its a long journey to the Koro, or to the Onu-koro highway. There's also escape tunnels to worry about, we started digging tunnels during the fight with the Rahkshi. They'll be several of them, quite big, and in the area between Le-koro and Kini-Nui. I'd avoid there, I imagine it won't take much more digging, danger of cave in and stuff..."

"You're an engineer Tepi, any ideas? Or just looking for some more hallucinogens to wet your appetite? There's some mushrooms that grow at the foot of Mount. Ihu, don't know if anyones tried those!"

Krahma had outworn being sensible, and went back to his usual manic laughter.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

IC: Krahma

"Have to gather wood subtly though, possibly at night. There are people who travel these jungles all the time, they recognise the skyline, or if foot-walking they recognise the tree trunks. Someone will notice a tree is gone within the week. Whether they care is a different matter entirely."

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

IC Zahkon

"Have I got anything to cur down a tree." He smiled and started to take stuff from all around his body: A big axe, a long sword and two for a matoran as big as swords, knifes. "Those will do, right?"

Edited by Dual Matrix

I'm back!