The Cantina

Eh, the thing is, I've basically established that this is a food-motivated ambush, and any animal that leaves its young that close to the water's edge is probably terminally stupid.

So that leaves a question that is mainly Madara's to answer, really - how likely is it that the Force-based attack on its eyes blinded it? If yes, it'll go frothing mad and start thrashing at everything. If no, it'll probably blink on instinct, thrash a bit, and continue normal behaviour until it has a reason to discontinue.

Well, who's to say that it likes leaving them there? Maybe it detected there were intruders nearby and dropped its young off in the brush nearby so it could take care of business? Also, saying it's a food-motivated ambush doesn't mean it is. It just means that's what the players think it is. There's no way for them to know the motivation unless they have... psychic... rancor... brain... reading.... stuff.

Actually there is a free trial. That's the only reason I currently play it :P. Its more like a free version. You can play the entire game and whatnot just level slower and get a few less ammenities that the pay to play get but so far I've seen no reason to subscribe. The reason that I brought this up anyway was I thought it might be fun to play with a few other SW fans online. There server I'm on even has people who RP and stuff in game, I do it a bit can be fun.

It's completely inappropriate to bring up discussions about a Star Wars RPG in the discussion topic for a Star Wars RPG. I'm ashamed of you. A pox upon your family for a thousand generations! Nay, two poxes! All of the poxes!

I am surprised to hear that, though. I knew that TOR ended up being a big disappointment, but I didn't think it would keel over and go Free to Play that quickly...

Luckily I'm too much of an Elder Scrolls fanboy to consider the slightest possibility of that happening with ESO. Nope, nope.

My harddrive's nearly 60 GB, but TOR takes up almost half of that, and I don't have that much space.

Tell Santa to order you a new hard drive. Don't even need to get a new one, just stick the new one in right next to the old one. Unless you have a laptop. God help you if you have a laptop.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

As my post was more from the rancor's perspective than that of the players, it's a bit more definite than that.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Ammaton Kirkbride | Courscant

"Are you sure?" he asked. "I mean, there's got to be more people out there hunting these guys down. Maybe we can find someone else, or find some other way into the hideout? Like a secret passage or something right into the heart, take 'em out. Just like in all of them movies."

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Just to check, is there anyone out there who wants in on the swoop gang thing? I know flare has a couple of mercs he keeps asking to do things with, anyone else have some grudges they want to settle?

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Here's a profile for your Thursday:

Name: Raehja Krenture

Species: Human

Faction: Sith (Nightsister)

Sympathies: Though she is a member of the Nightsisters, she feels a kind of pity for the Clone troopers, as she highly values freedom and sees that they are railroaded into their militaristic lives, guided by those who trained them.

Rank: Sith Lord (with Nightsister specifications regarding skill sets and combat styles) though she’s a fresh one, becoming a Lord around her 19th birthday. This meaning she hasn’t garnered the respect of others yet and hasn’t the experience other Lords do.

Occupation: Primarily, Krenture is a warrior. This often means hunting Jedi who pose an immediate threat to the Sith or their secrecy. Aside from that, Raehja does just about anything required of her- tending to initiates, keeping Apprentices in line, even grunt work at times. When on missions, she will often account for recon, being faster and stealthier than other Sith. Like most Nightsisters, she’s no stranger to being an assassin, either.

Skills: Raehja, using a slim double-sided bronze Lightsaber, is a bit unorthodox in ability. Using an altered form of Makashi, she goes for hinderance of one’s abilities before the kill. For example, she would first attempt to cripple an acrobatic Jedi to lower their chances of escape before finishing them off. Raehja’s is a skilled assassin, able to disappear into the background, scale buildings, and use a wide variety of weapons to kill her targets. Specifically, she has a minor degree of training in:

-archery

-staff-handling

-spears and javelins

Raised on Dathomir, she is highly athletic, as well as having a knack for climbing.

Force Abilities: Raehja’s abilities in the Force keep practicality to a minimum, focusing on the Dark Side as opposed to say, moving objects. Using the Force, she increases her agility, speed, and acrobatic abilities, but this is not her main focus of Force energy. She can heal others using the Force, but she can also drain others’ life force. She focuses a lot on what would be considered an amoral use of the Force Allyan magic. At her level, this consists of illusion magicks and curing minor ailments. Alternatively, she often works by poisoning the minds of other people to strengthen hatred, envy, and other negative emotions causing conflict. To gain this unique ability, she sacrificed things like the Force Choke, Force Push, and other such Force skills.

Equipment or Weapons: As stated above, her Lightsaber is slimmer than most, a golden hilt with a slight curve, igniting to unleash two bronze blades. Ever crafty, she keeps a traditional green-bladed Lightsaber on her for the purpose of convincing civilians that she is a Jedi.

Appearance: Standing 5’5, Raehja is somewhat shorter than other Sith Lords. With pale skin and blonde hair often hidden by a cloak, she doesn’t often show her face to others. If she did, they would see two sharp blue eyes looking back at them analytically, sculpted lips just waiting to let loose with criticism, and a slightly pointed nose. Often, she wears a black robe more fitting of her culture, steel-toed boots, and a brown woolen outfit covering most of her body. Should she shed any of this for better movement, one would see the many, many scars she has attained.

Personality: Krenture’s views are standard for Sith- she believes it is healthy to acknowledge emotion rather than ignore it. Despite this, she’s somewhat of an introvert when not in the field of work. While she wouldn’t ever ignore a comrade, she’s often unwilling to engage in petty conversation or other such unnecessary interaction. When she’s assigned a mission or job, however, she will give her task all the effort she can. As far as fighting others, she will specifically target weaknesses no matter how “unfair.” Because of her inner turmoil at killing, she holds some regret for her lifestyle and a desire to become more benevolent, and shows this in comments every once in awhile. Even with this, she holds nothing but the utmost respect for her superiors, especially Mother Talzin. Overall, she admired the Darths and higher-ups.

Home Planet: Coruscant (Raised on Dathomir)

History: Originally the daughter of a senator, she was lost at a very young age when a trip to another planet crash-landed, eventually ending up in the hands of a Nightsister and being brought to Dathomir. There, she was trained from the tender age of three to be a witch, becoming quite experienced. When she had to leave Dathomir and live aboard the Renaissance, she began keeping to herself most of the time. Not quite knowing how to react to the other Sith, she was antisocial in relation to others, though never to a dangerous degree. Despite this, she rose in rank quickly due to her abilities and obedience, openly holding respect for the Sith she served under. For the most part, people just decided to leave her alone. And so, she is commonly seen in Mother Talzin’s gardens, or solitary in the Library.

Edited by Shuhei Hisagi

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Considering that the Sith and CIS claim that the Jedi and Republic were willing to (and did) kill everything on Kalee, and have pinned a number of other atrocities on the Jedi, I don't know how much a Sith would actually go around admiring their "sense of peace and honor."

I'm a little unsure about the age and rank of the character, considering the high number of Apprentices we have in their early twenties. I'm not making it a definite no, but I'd certainly like to hear Madara's take on the matter.

I'd like a little more detail on her Herbert West routine. Does she have to control the moving corpses directly, or do they gain some form of independence once they've risen? How many can she bring up at a time?

I'm not really sure the philosophy you outline is all that "standard" for the current Sith order. They're a bit less about giving into your emotions than previous Sith, and are more concerned, on that front, with just acknowledging that yes, people have emotions, and no, in their view, completely shutting them off is not healthy. Overall, I feel that the personality section is weakly written - we're supposed to be looking at the character from a somewhat omniscient point of view, which means that the last bit is really kind of jarring. I would recommend a general rewrite of that section to more adequately explain the details of her form of utilitarian ethics, her precise stance regarding the relation of a person to their emotions - we won't refuse to approve the profile if her view on the matter is somewhat more traditionalist - and a better way of handling the question of whether she regrets what she does - if so, why, and if not, why not - than the last sentence you used.

Also, 5'5" really isn't that far below average human height. What sort of metal is used on the toes of the boots? Steel is a popular choice. And could you give a bit more detail on the "brown clothing"?

Edited by Ymper Trymon

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Well, first of all, reanimation of the dead isn't a Sith Lord-level skill. Even among the Nightsisters we have only one known (venerable and quite powerful) user of an ability like that. While I have no issues with her using Force drain, per se, I think you could consider giving her two or three actual Nightsister spells, rather than generic Sith force abilities. It'd only make sense if she's been training as a Nightsister for most of her life.Secondly, I would prefer if you outline the faction in a slightly more concise way; say, perhaps "Sith (Nightsister)" in the faction. Third, she does seem a tad young... Just a tad, I'm sure there is a logical explanation. When was she promoted from being an Apprentice? She got promoted to a Sith Lord despite being hostile to her classmates and refusing to talk to anyone on the Renaissance?

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

See, and this is why I tend to wait for Madara's word on approving Force powers that don't have a precedent yet.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Responses in red:

Considering that the Sith and CIS claim that the Jedi and Republic were willing to (and did) kill everything on Kalee, and have pinned a number of other atrocities on the Jedi, I don't know how much a Sith would actually go around admiring their "sense of peace and honor."

Taking that part out.

I'm a little unsure about the age and rank of the character, considering the high number of Apprentices we have in their early twenties. I'm not making it a definite no, but I'd certainly like to hear Madara's take on the matter.

And so we shall.

I'd like a little more detail on her Herbert West routine. Does she have to control the moving corpses directly, or do they gain some form of independence once they've risen? How many can she bring up at a time?

With what Madara said below, I'm taking this out.

I'm not really sure the philosophy you outline is all that "standard" for the current Sith order. They're a bit less about giving into your emotions than previous Sith, and are more concerned, on that front, with just acknowledging that yes, people have emotions, and no, in their view, completely shutting them off is not healthy. Overall, I feel that the personality section is weakly written - we're supposed to be looking at the character from a somewhat omniscient point of view, which means that the last bit is really kind of jarring. I would recommend a general rewrite of that section to more adequately explain the details of her form of utilitarian ethics, her precise stance regarding the relation of a person to their emotions - we won't refuse to approve the profile if her view on the matter is somewhat more traditionalist - and a better way of handling the question of whether she regrets what she does - if so, why, and if not, why not - than the last sentence you used.

I'll edit for these things.

Also, 5'5" really isn't that far below average human height. What sort of metal is used on the toes of the boots? Steel is a popular choice. And could you give a bit more detail on the "brown clothing"?

I'm a bad judge of height. :P I guess I'll with steel. Aaaand, yes, I'll elaborate.

Well, first of all, reanimation of the dead isn't a Sith Lord-level skill. Even among the Nightsisters we have only one known (venerable and quite powerful) user of an ability like that. While I have no issues with her using Force drain, per se, I think you could consider giving her two or three actual Nightsister spells, rather than generic Sith force abilities. It'd only make sense if she's been training as a Nightsister for most of her life.

Not sure what would constitute as a Nightsister spell. To the Star Wars Wiki. Taking out the reanimation ability.Secondly, I would prefer if you outline the faction in a slightly more concise way; say, perhaps "Sith (Nightsister)" in the faction.

Doing so.Third, she does seem a tad young... Just a tad, I'm sure there is a logical explanation. When was she promoted from being an Apprentice? She got promoted to a Sith Lord despite being hostile to her classmates and refusing to talk to anyone on the Renaissance?

I'll throw the age up a bit, and elaborate on her promotion. "Hostile" was a bad word to describe her behavior; I'll find a more fitting description for what I'm thinking.

Edited by Shuhei Hisagi

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Right. I was on break these last few days. Kinda was burnt out.

I'll be posting over other day so this doesn't happen again.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Despite the fact that you've bumped her age up, you've still got her becoming a Lord at the age of 19, which, again, is rather younger than most of the Apprentices we've got in here.

Also, I must admit that I'm a little bit confused by something in the personality section. You make it very clear that she's fairly pragmatic in combat, taking whatever advantage is possible to end the fight quickly and on her terms, but you also state that she has some sort of problem with killing her enemies. What is her actual reason for having issues with killing those she is at war with?

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Something about age; while I'm definitely no expert, I always figured a minimum of eight-ten years in the Sith was pretty mandatory for advancing to Lordship. That is about the real-world equivalent of a masters degree in college. I'd assume that you couldn't be, say, nine and get in at nineteen because you have a lot more education to fit in, but for people starting in their late teens or early twenties, becoming a Lord somewhere around their 30s would be more expected.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

I'd say most lords would be in their mid-to-late twenties or early thirties. Apprentices are evaluated based on their ability to control their power, and on their mindset. A lot of it depends on personality and aptitude. Very individual. We're talking about a Sith Order that is only around 15 years old, which is why the few Darths that are around are those with extensive prior training in other Force traditions.

Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

Well, there's a bit of a holdup with the rancor situation while I try and figure out whether I have any reasonable chance of not having it be blinded by that attack. Other than that, I'm waiting for a Trentin post for our second hyperspace post. Once that's done, Tuorri can do the third hyperspace post, come out around Bespin, and get that ball rolling again.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

There's a whole plot arc I was suppose to be in, but Snark's internet issues are causing some minor delay there.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

If Jaceren rolled away from it, and then ran away from it, how is he passing within striking distance of it? That IC confuses me. I'm interpreting "away" as "in a direction that increases his distance from the rancor," which, given the rancor's forward momentum, gives him maybe a 180-degree arc of directions from which to choose. All paths that take him within lightsaber striking range of the rancor's body decrease distance.

I'm also not sure what degree of speed enhancement is actually entailed by "level one" Force Speed, and that would be an important thing to know, because if it's below a certain threshold, a non-deaf rancor could react to that before he's past, if him running away-from-but-past it does not, in fact, invoke Lovecraftian geometries.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Long story short, got caught up in some pre-July 4th events and got very busy.

So please, if anyone needs a post from me, sound off. I am sorry for my sporadic activity, but there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it. Don't have much energy these days.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Well, I was hoping for a post long enough to count as 1/3 of our hyperspace requirement, but you need to go throw fireworks around until you feel better. Or... hrm. It's probably not dark yet where you're at. Huh. Just don't light them before you throw them, not until it gets dark.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Long story short, got caught up in some pre-July 4th events and got very busy.

So please, if anyone needs a post from me, sound off. I am sorry for my sporadic activity, but there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it. Don't have much energy these days.

Well, a new TD-69 post would be nice

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

By the way, Madara, what's the plan for the Jedi on Lehon? I split them into two groups, one led by Andros and one not led by Andros. Whether the group that isn't led by Andros follows his suggestion is up to you (he suggested that they try to follow the source of the comlink transmission), but I would like to know whether I should IC Andros and co. running into the Twi'lek (which seems to be running more-or-less towards them) or if that's a thing you're going to do, or if they aren't on convergent paths, or what.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Okay, after going to page 29 since I thought my old Jedi profile was there, I'm going to re-do it with a new name, but same attributes. Plus I will gladly fix anything wrong.

Name: Whenge Courts

Species: HumanGender: Male

Sympathies: Jedi OrderRank: KnightOccupation: Jedi Commander. He commands his own squad of clones in battleSkills: Specializes in Form III (Soresu: Form that helps defend against blaster fire) and Form II (Makashi: Form that helps defend against lightsaber)Force Abilities: Force Pull and Push. Saber Throw and Mind Tricks (Tricking the mind of an individual. Ex: 'These are not the droids you're looking for.'). Force Grip.Equipment or Weapons: A curved hilted lightsaber with a royal blue crystal. Carries a D-44 blaster.Appearance: Right HerePersonality: Young and arrogant, he feels the urge to go head on into battle. Plus when slicing won't do it, he goes for good ol' shooting. (Which the others frown upon him for doing so.)Home Planet: KashyyykHistory: Born in the Wokkiee home world of Kashyyyk, Daniel knows the language of the furry giants. Being the son of a former Jedi master, he was born with the force, which is why he is able to use it. One day he found out about his powers when a Wokkiee glider crashed down on the platform of the tree city he lived in. He rushed in and unknowingly, used the force to lift the glider from the pinned Wokkiee. He was about nine years of age. One year later, a Jedi master came to him to ask if he would join the Jedi order. He did, and thus, he headed to Corusant.

Upon doing so, he began training with some other younglings on mastering the force. When it was time to retrieve his lightsaber crystal and form his lightsaber, he found a light and royal blue that suited him with the guidance of the force. Years later, when he was 20, he gained the rank of knight. He serves under the helpful guidance of his master, on commanding his own clone battalion.

Also, I'm using some name generator since I am terrible at making Human names in Star Wars.

Okay, everything in Teal, is good. Everything in Gold Rod is what needs to be fixed, and the red is deleted.

Edited by Flaredrick: the Sniper

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

So he is a floating head and shoulders?

Also, if you just know Makashi as "form that helps defend against lightsabers," you did something very close to no actual research in making this character. Really not sure why anyone would frown on him for using ranged weapons, considering how many other Jedi use them. The personality can basically be summarized, once you take out the bits that aren't actually his personality, as 'Lord Cardigan but not wealthy or old,' which... well, if that's what you want...

Also don't the Jedi kind of have a tendency of not accepting people that are already nine years old? Pretty Mace Windu has some opinions on the matter. And he made an actually competent use of telekinesis despite having exactly no training?

This is in no way ready for approval. The only sections that are ready are name, species, age, gender, faction, rank, and home planet.

Now, on the matter of the timeskip for Geonosis - the decision-making on such matters rests with the staff, not with you, much like how it is the chef, and not the diners in the restaurant, who decides when the pizza is done. This is a sub-plot that was started by the staff, and is guided by the staff, so if there's a bump in the road, they, not you, know where to place you so you hit it and throw out your Winnebago's suspension. The people to ask are not named Lavama and Strack. They are named Madara and Basilisk, and also occasionally Ymper Trymon but that's mostly a Thursdays thing so we don't talk about it much.

Now, you are welcome to take the ship into the atmosphere of Geonosis and begin angling down for a landing. Basilisk will guide you to your landing site, and I have been reliably informed that, at the landing site, rocks will not fall and everyone will not die of blunt-force trauma.

Edited by Ymper Trymon

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Okay, I'll fix up the parts that are bad, also that is a mistake on my part. Now, I have posted saying that we are about to land, but since I have not scene Strack or Lavama, I thought I had to tell them.

Anyways, I'll just wait on Basilisk until he get's his energy full again. I know he's hand some events that take him away from here.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

Ah. If you had already posted that, then it is quite likely that Basilisk didn't notice it. He has not, as you said, been quite at his best lately.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Also, some of you may have heard that I am leaving BZP. This is filthy capitalist lie. They try take my beard, think beard source of my power. They are right about beard, but still.

As soon as I figure out what's actually going on with the rancor fight (apparently the guy going up the tree was fairly quiet, so he'd go unnoticed, and another guy is following some weird non-Euclidean path, and the other guy's Basilisk's character, so...), an IC will appear.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey... Um, sorry about the disappearance... Black Crusade and all...

Anything important happen since the Clone Commandos actually arrived at Geonosis?

"Boss! Da needle is pointin' in da red! Dat ain't good!"
"Course it's good ya squealin' runt! Red goes fastah!"

Orks... Such wonderfully simple creatures.