Did the Golden Armor destroy the entire Rahkshi, or just the Kraata?

Did the Golden Armor destroy the entire Rahkshi, including the armor, or just the Kraata?

This might explain whether or not the Rahkshi suits were antidermis. (After all, the Golden Armor was designed to destroy antidermis.)

Also, if the Rahkshi suits were not destroyed by the blast, Takanuva could make a Ussanui factory, and the Toa could be rocking some pretty sweet rides. :P

I would have thought that Rahkshi would be solid antidermis, since they were formed from Kraata. I guess that, if only the Kraata were destroyed, this shows that Rahkshi are not antidermis, and therefore that antidermis is capable of changing to another form of protodermis.

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

I would have thought that Rahkshi would be solid antidermis, since they were formed from Kraata. I guess that, if only the Kraata were destroyed, this shows that Rahkshi are not antidermis, and therefore that antidermis is capable of changing to another form of protodermis.

Well, the Rahkshi suits are made by introducing a Kraata to EP, and EP is the resident wellspring of weird transformations into completely different beings and materials, so it would be reasonable to me that Kraata and the suits they pilot are not made of the same form of protodermis.

I write stories, on occasion. Finishing them... yeah, uh. That's another thing entirely.

Avatar made with the Rayg Kit 2.5, and featuring Lilak, Toa of Lightning.

She is totally, totally not a shameless self-insert. Y'know, except for the part where she is. :D

I think I would go with my "adding mass" theory; that the Rahkshi suits have some antidermis inside them in the same mass as the Kraata they were made from, which would be the operation system; the interface for the controller Kraata. Something like the muscles. But that the EP would add protodermis for the rest of the mass -- the metal armor.

If I'm right, then the antidermic parts of it very well might be destroyed. This would also mean that the protometal armor that is left could not be controlled by any more Kraata; the "muscles" and "interface" are gone.

Or so goes my theory. :P

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I think I asked Greg about what Kraata and Rahkshi were made of and he said Rahkshi armor was metallic antidermis. I thought I read somewhere that the Golden Armor wouldn't affect gaseous, evolved Makuta, so maybe it only affects organic antidermis.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

I think I asked Greg about what Kraata and Rahkshi were made of and he said Rahkshi armor was metallic antidermis. I thought I read somewhere that the Golden Armor wouldn't affect gaseous, evolved Makuta, so maybe it only affects organic antidermis.

The Golden Armor was designed to destroy all solid Antidermis within the area. The Makuta species was originally composed of solid Antidermis, but eventually evolved into a gaseous state, rendering them immune to the effects of the Golden Armor. The Kraata they create were still made of solid Antidermis, and the Golden Armor was able to obliterate them. The armor's primary function was only able to be used once.

Solid, not organic. Unfortunately, there's no mention of metallic antidermis being included or excluded.

1a)If the Ignika knew about the Golden Armor, why didn’t it create it in Karda Nui, to help Tahu defeat the Makuta?

1a) Wouldn’t have done any good. If it could defeat a Makuta, then Teridax would have been defeated as soon as Tahu used it, and he wasn’t. It’s designed to work on solid antidermis -- kraata -- not gaseous or liquid antidermis.

Note that this specifically refers to Kraata.

It's also possible the EP imparts a special invulnerability to Rahkshi armor as a side effect of the transformation (over time). So if solid metallic antidermis was made on its own the Golden Armor might destroy it, but not Rahkshi armor.

Or the image might just be non-canon. :P

Re: Zesk by the way, I'd be inclined to presume that was just artist's license or not realizing the Zesk wouldn't be there, but scavenging is plausible too. Malum ordered his Vorox not to get involved it seems, but whether this applies to all Sand Tribe beings (or even just all Vorox) seems unclear from what I could find on BS01. It could be evidence that the whole image is just an artist's interpretation.

Personally I like the idea of the un-useable armor being left there. More visual than just utterly destroying them without a trace. (And seems more efficient.)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Er, the reason I brought this up is that the good old Journey's End is somewhat ambigous:

As combatants on both sides watched, the Rahkshi’s armor disintegrated and the kraata slugs inside them exploded into shards of shadow.

Disintegrated mean "fell apart" or "crumbled to dust"? :shrugs:

Edited by fishers64

Disintegrated is a synonym for "turned to dust". If that's what it says then the image is probably wrong. (We could rescue it perhaps by saying that those Rahkshi were almost out of range so weren't affected as badly, though.)

You would say that. :P Source for the Journey's End quote: http://cache.lego.com/upload/contentTemplating/BionicleBIOCodes/otherfiles/download94FAE2D33A4C4C86694634D94A02F5E9.pdf

dis·in·te·grate [/size] [dis-in-tuh-greyt[/size]] Show IPA [/size]verb, [/size]dis·in·te·grat·ed, [/size]dis·in·te·grat·ing.[/size]verb (used without object)[/size]1.to separate into parts or lose intactness or solidness; break up; deteriorate: The old book is gradually isintegrating with age.2.Physics.a.to decay.b.(of a nucleus) to change into one or more different nuclei after being bombarded by high-energyparticles, as alpha particles or gamma rays.verb (used with object)[/size]3.to reduce to particles, fragments, or parts; break up or destroy the cohesion of: Rocks are disintegrated by frost and rain.

I also looked up the synonyms, just so I could be sure, and it does say "turn to dust". :P But the definition of it in the thesaurus is : "fall apart; reduce to pieces." So I'm still convinced that it could go either way.

But in practical reality (and comic book physics :P), the word always means turn to dust (sized particles), and that's been especially so in Bionicle. Falling to pieces in 2003 for example was "Fragmentation/Shattering" while turning to dust was "Disintegrate" and both powers were used for Rahkshi in existence at the same time. I would think Greg would be unlikely to forget that precedent since it was a major part of one of the years' plots.

Also, any use in terms like "gradually disintegrating" just means that it hasn't yet fully turned to dust. A book that is in the process of disintegrating will have some pages fall out, but the pages will eventually disintegrate to dust too.

But I do think that the solid "antimetal" (assuming that's what it is rather than protometal) might not be so susceptible to disintegration as organic. If the Rahkshi have Kraata mass inside that's not metal, as the "muscles", I could see that, at great range, disintegrating while the armor wouldn't, but the quote says "armor" so yeah. Maybe you could get away with saying there's something like connective tissue that disintegrates, making the larger pieces of armor fall apart, and the wording is meant to summarize this in a poetic sense, though.

Would creating a massive army of suits not be a large waste of antidermis? It would make much more sense for them to be made of some sort of protodermis.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Would creating a massive army of suits not be a large waste of antidermis? It would make much more sense for them to be made of some sort of protodermis.

It doesn't matter because the extra mass is added by the transformation in energized protodermis. There's nothing to waste.