BBC#65 Chestnut Winged Cuckoo

This is really impressive. I looked up the bird in question, and it is the spitting image. You got all the right colors in all the right places.I'm reaching here, but I have one complaint, and that's the beak. A black Bohrok eye would suit it much better. I don't know how hard it would be to fit that in there in place of the axle.Like I said, though, that's nitpicking. This is really great.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Awww. :wub: Not only is that a very cute bird, but it combines a variety of bright and engaging colors just as the real bird would in its feathers. The cuckoo's mix of white, blue, gold, and copper are a great choice for plumage, and I also like the black crest on its head. Its feet look perfect, and you did a good job by making it be able to stand up with its tail to help prop it up. While the beady black eyes make it quite cute, I will have to agree with Bunda that the black axle beak isn't very beak-like in shape. You might want to consider a small flexible Hero Factory blade piece (I believe that piece exists in black).But still, that's only a very minor complaint, for the MOC as a whole is excellent. Best of luck in the contest! :D~B~

Edited by Ballom

It's so cute. <3

The detail you put into this small, little bird is astounding. The colors you chose for the plumage, white, blue, brown, and gold are a great combination. There are so many unique and creative techniques in the Cuckoo that makes it really appealing to look at. The shaping of the body is perfect for the bird.

After seeing pictures of the real life counterpart, you captured the body just right to make it so realistic. The head looks amazingly accurate just to top it off. Amazing job, this certainly looks like a front runner in the BBC, good luck!