Fortnightly Flash Fiction Contest

Velox

Congratulations to Eyru Bieber, winner of "Branching Out" with his story, Exit Number 117!

Thank you to all our entrants! Just to enter is a victory. Give yourself a pat on the back--and go enjoy another victory by entering the newest BIONICLE contest, "A Canister Ashore"!

Sincerely, Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith :smilemirunu:

Edited by Nuile: The Wiseguy

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of jokes, in light of yesterday's date, we feared that if we announced the new contest, some might not have taken us seriously. But now that day has passed, and your new theme is here; and one of these weeks you may look forward to a new contest being announced on the proper day.

Theme #6:

rebirth.png

Rebirth

Deadline: 11:59 PM PST on Tuesday, April 9th.

Any interpretation of the theme is valid, but your entry must be a COT story and it must adhere to the rules posted above. Also, if you are an Ambage member, keep in mind the April Writing Prompt (to get more achievements):"A new dawn"

Edited by The Novelist Called Nuile

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

remove this, I confused the premis

Edited by Gears The Toa

3018587.png
Credit be to Strack for my avatar, who I WILL moc one day, the avatar I mean ........
Life is a whole lot of everything-Cleverbot
What What What.-Cleverbot
My steam name is Toa Gears °▲Delta, add me if you wish

Congratulations to Dreadheart, who has won "Rebirth" with his story, Home Videos!

Honorable mentions go to Pahrak #0579's "Between Birth and Rebirth" and Baltarc's "Thirty-Eight."

Thanks to every one for entering! We had a lot of great stories this time, and it made the judges' decisions difficult ones to make. Don't forget the next BIONICLE competition, "The Village"!

• 2 weeks later...

Theme #7:

the_queens.png

The Queens

Deadline: 11:59 PM PST on Tuesday, May 7th.

Any interpretation of the theme is valid, but your entry must be a COT story and it must adhere to the rules posted above. Also, if you are an Ambage member, keep in mind the April Writing Prompt (to get more achievements):"A new dawn"

And don't forget to look forward to the May Writing Prompt in a few days!

That's so weird, I just had a dream that would fit with this, after some adaptation. Might as well write about something other than Bionicle for once. :P

Now the problem is getting it down on paper...

Congratulations to Baltarc, who has won "The Queens" with his story, Scepter!

Honorable mentions go to Pahrak #0579's "A Recluse's Dilemma" and Flaredrick: Forgotten One's "Queen of Dawn"!

Your repeated contributions to these contests earns you all a place in the spotlight this time. Great work as always! We look forward to seeing what you will write for us next.

Over in the Library our next competition has begun: "Trial by Fire"! Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Theme #8:

Porth-Oer-at-sunset-e1325688008680-500x250.jpg

Sunset

Deadline: 11:59 PM PST on Monday, June 10th.

Any interpretation of the theme is valid, but your entry must be a COT story and it must adhere to the rules posted above. Also, if you are an Ambage member, keep in mind the June Writing Prompt (to get more achievements):"It's a magical world . . ."

Member Name: Jedi Gali

Theme: Sunset

Word Count: 835

Link: http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=10040]PB & J[/url]

:kaukau: -JG

toaofthenewrepublicv2jx3.gif

Toa of the New Republic ~ The Collision of Two Worlds

The body of Orkham dangling from a vine. Shamiir’s corpse, his chest nearly split in half. One by one, the bodies of his friends and squad mates flashed by till he realized the horrible truth... They were all dead but two.

Apparently sunsets inspire people more than volcanoes or chess queens.

There's no explaining some tastes.

Congratulations to Jedi Gali, winner of "Sunset" with her story, PB & J!

Honorable mention goes to Legolover-361's "The Best Thing to Say"

Thanks to everyone for participating! These are some of the best entries I've seen in a while and the judge's choice was not an easy one. Excellent work; keep it up!

Now why don't you head on over to Short Stories and have a little fun with fish?

• 4 months later...

Attention previous entrants: Unfortunately I have no way of tracking down the entries lost during the downtime, so I'll have to ask you to post your stories and submission forms again. Preferably by the deadline, but if you miss by a few days we'll forgive you. Thanks!

Theme #10:

fall.png

Fall

Deadline: 11:59 PM PST on Monday, November 4th.

Any interpretation of the theme is valid, but your entry must be a COT story and it must adhere to the rules posted above. Also, if you are an Ambage member, keep in mind the October Writing Prompt (to get more achievements):"They'll see in time . . ."

And don't forget to enter the Library competition, Rise!

Edited by The Novelist Called Nuile