BZPRPG - Le-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC- Verak - Xa-Koro Ruins

The water swallowed me up, instantly engulfing my body. Everything became wet and salty, the taste covering my tongue and almost making it’s way into my lungs. I could see nothing but bubbles, writhing and swirling about me. Immediately I could sense I was sinking, deep, deep, far away from the boat and air and safety. I panicked for half a second, as any man would do if he were being sucked into the deep bowels of the sea.

I fumbled at my vest, pulling an air bladder free so forcefully it slipped from my grasp and started to shoot to the surface. My other hand shot through the water, painfully slow, but still fast enough to wrap around the blue slimy container of air. I greedily pulled it to my mouth, pulling on the tube and releasing the lungful of air into my body. I should not have needed a breath so soon after descending, but the sudden pull had startled me and I needed the air.

The water was getting dark quite fast, and bubbles were still rising around me. My ears were growing painful as the pressure increased, and I yawned a couple times until they popped explosively, making me wince but relieving the uncomfortable sensation.

I suddenly felt my weight belt cleanly slip from my waist and wrap around my feet. Remembering that ugly trainer back in Ga-Koro who had so forcefully taught be a lesson about pressure, I bent down to grab the weight belt before I shot painfully to the surface. It couldn’t bend down properly due to my floaty air bladders, and the belt slipped from my feet for a moment, but I quickly brought my foot around to catch it again, and raised my leg until my fingers could close around it.

Somehow, the belt had become entangled with one of the straps on my air bladder vest, loosening it, and the vest would have slipped off too if I had not grabbed the shoulder straps and tightened them again. After popping my ears painfully a couple more times, and refastening my belt again, tighter this time, I finally got my bearings.

Stretched out before me was some mystical landscape, a haphazard jumble of loose rocks and ruins. The island itself had collapsed and sunken into the ancient catacombs beneath it, taking entire sections of the shantytown with it, but one could still make out some of the larger buildings of Xa-Koro. They were all tilted bizarrely, collapsed like some bloated man had crushed them, but still recognizable. The buildings were of varying types- stone temples that still stood, mostly standing but missing roofs and towers and walls, brick houses that had collapsed into themselves, wooden shacks that were all but leveled. The different houses were in different states of repair, some sunk below what had once been the street and others almost in perfect repair, merely covered in seaweed and housing naught but fishes. Many were tilted at an almost perpendicular angle to the others, and large pits half swallowed other buildings. The old sewers were, in some places, higher than some buildings. And if you were perceptive, you could pick out ancient structures predating Xa-Koro.

I had heard rumors of civilizations before ours, great ones that had risen and fallen while the Great Beings still walked upon the earth, or before time had dawned, or before the island itself was even a proper island and the entire world was still a primordial cosmic soup. I had heard rumors of buildings made of marble with twisting towers that touched the sky and cities made of black onyx where unspeakable beasts were housed. I had even heard rumors of entirely alien civilizations, created by creatures beyond the stars. But the weight of other centuries of cities and the explosion of the Kumu Islets seemed to have wiped almost all traces of these unusual things from the landscape below, leaving only the suggestion of tips of skeletons of bizarre towers and huge chunks of stone, half buried by muck, whose unusual proportions suggested strange and impossible notions about the frightful geometries of the structure it was once a part of.

Wow, look at me go. I’m quite a poet, aren’t I?

Honestly, it’s not as great as it sounds. Most of the city was mere rubble and those buildings that I did mention were mostly covered by seaweed and other underwater plant gunk. Oh and barnacles and mussels too, coating any surface they could find that wasn’t already occupied. All in all, it was a very unusual place, a strange menagerie of styles that were crushed and broken and covered in sea life and corals.

It was in this strange wonderland that my feet slowly touched down on, throwing up cool little clouds of silt and muck. Before me loomed a tunnel, leading down deep, deep into the more ancient parts of the city. Those were probably the most promising parts. I can guarantee you we’re not the first to loot these ruins, and the more obvious locations are probably barren of anything worthwhile, unless you fancy rotting pieces of wood covered in seaweed and filled with hermit crabs.

I rubbed my sore ears. I probably shouldn’t have descended that fast. Whatever. I was safe and sound now, and ready to explore the secrets that this city held.

I looked around to check on my companions, which I cared so much about and could not bear if they were hurt.

(That was sarcasm, by the way.)

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC: Vrina

Vrina grinned

"Aww.. and here i was hoping to use you as a tool."

she merely smirked

"But naw i would not expect you to do such a thing anyway."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC (Chronos + Kairos)

It was a warm, sunny afternoon in Le-Koro. The bazaar was bustling like usual, and the village's walkways and rope bridges were busy with people. Some were out for an afternoon walk, others peddled their wares to said walkers, calling out their products in a cheerful chorus.

The cafes and restaurants were hopping as well. Patios and balconies were full of people enjoying the sunlight with a cool drink in hand. And, as always, the sound of music drifted through every plaza, drums and flutes providing a soft soundtrack to the activity.

In one plaza, a gaunt, colourful figure stood in a corner, tuning a mandolin. The buzzing of conversation surrounded him, yet he seemed to have no trouble hearing each soft note. Seemingly satisfied, he strummed all twelve strings. The gentle sound was quickly lost in the noise of excited words, but he smiled.

Another Toa stood across the plaza. In contrast to the other's slender, colourful frame, he was built wide and thick, and his the gunmetal-gray colour of his armour could be described as the absence of colour. Before him, standing waist-high, was a drum. He loosely held a mallet in each hand, his gaze fixed on the Toa across the square.

Said Toa cleared his throat, then strummed his mandolin again. This time, with the aid of his elemental powers, the sound rang bright and clear over the plaza, silencing every voice and drawing all attention to the man dressed in green and turquoise armour and a bright yellow cape.

“Good afternoon, Le-Koro,” he said amiably, a wide grin breaking out on his face. “I'm here to make a brief announcement. A week from now, Le-Koro will be hosting a music festival. I'm inviting the best talent from all across the island to sing and play together, and show that we are all still one island, even though we may live in different villages.”

The crowds clapped politely.

“Without further ado, here's a taste of just one musician who will be performing at the festival.”

He began to strum his instrument again, but this time he was accompanied by the beating of the drum from across the square. His powers over sound amplified the music, sending it rolling across the Koro.

I've got a fever that I can't control

I'm knee-deep and I don't even know my name

I forgot about it."

*boom* *boom* *boom*

"I'm on fire, I'm a burning coal

I can't fight it cause I never sold the flame

Not for love or money.”

OOC Festival approved by Mr. Palm. Song also isn't mine; I suggest you give it a listen.

OOC: Team Joske from Po-Wahi.

IC:

"Y'know, maybe if you guysh appreciated me I would be nicer to shome of you," I hypothesized as I swallowed down the back half of my chocolate-and-kreme pastry and waved one each in Joske and Cael's faces. "I...acquired...a half dozen excellent doughnuts so we could all have a pregame meal before vanquishing the forces of evil, and it's not even like I'm asking for a thank you, because I doubt I'm gonna get one from General Grumpy in the back or from Tuara because she's an ungrateful gold digger, but you know...at least an acknowledgement would be cool."

The Dor!Pout activated. That'll melt their hearts.

"Gold digger? I always felt like you were leeching off of me."

Oh, look, it speaks.

"You live in my loft don't you. It's my furniture. My piano. I pay for all the damages."

Half of them are your fault anyway.

"Which one of us helped get the other out of a prison cell again?" Tuara winked.

"Grokk. I came back to save you."
"We don't talk about that."
A soft chuckle came from the rear of the group. "Not sure Tuara was the one that needed saving."
"Really? Because I remember -you- not being there while I took on an entire squad of Rahkshi myself to stop her from having a fear-induced heart attack, soooooo."
"Feels good to do something selfless for a change, doesn't it?"
"For a change? I'd say the fact that I haven't even tried to knock you out since we got to Po-Koro is pretty selfless of me."
"Oh I am sorry, this little trip must be so inconvenient for you. Tell me, what was the alternative again? Would you rather go back to that?" No reply. "Yeah, I didn't think so."
"I liked bartending," I pouted defensively. "You know what'd make you feel less gloomy, Pops? A doughnut."
Unfortunately...yes. I did feel like having one. I picked the pastry from Dorian's hand without another word, then took a bite of chocolate-glazed goodness and gave him a small wink. Enough appreciation for one day.
"A-haaaa. I knew you'd warm up to me eventually. See that, guys? I'm not -that- bad...guys."
"Guys?"
"guys"
I put the box with four remaining doughnuts on the Kikanalo's back in front of me and let out a low "woooosh" of breath in a sigh. Well, bright side, at least the snark had recovered. It'd taken a while - I'd curled up on the Kikanalo and slept for part of the ride to try and take some time away from focusing on the fact that my little brother was alive and wanted to freaking kill me and--
I know, I know what you're saying. Calm down, Dor, there are kids in Po-Koro who would give their right arm to have a little brother like yours, yeah, I know. But if you're a kid and you're growing up in Po-Koro chances are you have bigger problems than your probably murderous little brother - or lack thereof. Like the fact that you probably don't have any friends and you're going nowhere in life. Might as well found a settlement on your couch with a couple snacks and settle in.
I really didn't like Po-Koro.
Maybe singing would help. I'm a great singer. I can nail four octaves better than I can nail your...err...your favorite picture to the wall. Yeah. Yeaaaah, that's the ticket. Pictures.
The first time I ever sang was in Po-Koro on a business trip, I'm pretty sure. I was in a bazaar scouting out some kind of curtains to hang in the house for a hoighty toighty party - remind me to tell you lads the horrible story of how toddler Dor barely survived the lime green drapes in the foyer - and I let out a little hum in high tenor because I was bored. Then I sort of added a "dumdee dum dum doo" boo wop thing, and the next thing I can remember I was in my room wearing a little velvet coat, bouncing on Malik's bed and singing Naming Day carols in his ear.
Maybe that's why he wants me dead. I'd want me dead too, if I wore a coat like that in public nowadays.
Either way, anyway, I don't think they'd want to hear me sing until we stopped Echelon. Maybe they didn't like music at all. Maybe they didn't know any music. It'd make sense; I had a feeling that if I dissected Joske's head I'd find a big Kolhii ball with his girlfriend's face on it, and Agni and Merror are too busy being connoisseurs of boring. As for Tuara...we won't go there, because anything I say about Tuara will inevitably find its way back to her and I don't want her to break up with me. She wouldn't break up with me just for running my mouth, right? She liked me too much for that, right?
(WHIPPPPPPPED)
I had an idea: an experiment, some would call it. No reason we couldn't experiment. I'm young. You're all young - at least I hope you are, otherwise I should let you know there are laws against getting too personal with me and you should probably just back up and go back to admiring your collection of old dusty trench coats, shady hats and unopened bags of sweets.
(Hi, I'm Dor Shaddix with Dateline)
"Cael, if we'd never met before ever, would you like me."
"Of course."
"Really?"
"Why wouldn't I?"
"No reason. Just curious."
Well, there's that question solved. It's impossible to dislike me.
So what was the deal with my brother?
-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: "Kordo"

If I ever write a journal of my life, this chapter shall be brief. This is boring. There's a bunch of smashed buildings and water. That's about it. Oh and ape-head or whatever it is I decided to call him. I really must find a way to irk him at some point. Well I'm not getting eaten so that's good. Well let's see, hmm. I see a scepter-looking thingy, a broken sword, and ooh, what is this? A Kanohi? Oh, it's cracked. Useless. Well I think I've found enough stuff to bring up. So do I pull on the line or what? thought Strakolix. A voice inside of him said, Oh come on. Where's your sense of adventure? He answered himself, I left it on land. He then tugged the rope to bring his stuff up and continued arguing with himself about whether he should go back down. He eventually decided to, for once, just do what he was told.

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

IC: TahenAn older Toa stepped up to a platform, sitting on a stool he'd left up here from the day before.Some Matoran had already started to gather, a small smile forming on his lips."Long ago, far before this village was built..."OOC: The Storyteller open for interact.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC:

OOC: Kapura is dead. All Chronicler's Company members are confirmed deceased.

IC Viima

Good thing I'm not planning on killing Kapura. :P

Also, for future reference, please don't assume that a guess is correct--I actually was not planning on having him go to Ta, nor get tracked so easily considering he jumped off a cliff in the dead of night. His current situation is still uncertain and remains that way until I bring him back into play. =)

IC - "Him"...? - Jungle: He stumbled through the foliage, steps uneven and movements too sudden, indicators of a lack of experience with the crowded and treacherous environment. Vines and branches snagged on his armor, tearing away with sharp snaps accompanied by frustrated growls, leaving an increasingly ragged trail in his wake. This wasn't like him; not in the slightest. He went to painstaking lengths to cover his tracks, moved with a purposeful silence that had served to throw off anyone who deliberately came after him, appearing only when and where He wished. What, then, could explain this change of behavior? He had been injured several nights before, harming his own legs in order to destroy the markers placed on him, and he had been seen dropping himself off of a cliff--an impact that would leave anyone rattled, if not dead.

Could that be why? Or was there another reason?

The movement came to a sudden stop. From his position amongst the trees, Viima held a clear view of his quarry as--surprisingly--the Toa shut off his Huna. Color flowed into his thereunto unseen body, black and silver and gray merging together to create the killer's unique figure. Yet something was different about him now. He stood straighter than he had been seen to before. His armor, someone completely intact, untouched, gleamed brightly and proudly in what light managed to cut through the canopy above. A black, leather belt now occupied his waist, holding in place four sheathes at his thighs, in which lay four claw-like weapons attached to chains. His usual coat of rope and chain was nowhere to be seen.

He raised his eyes, turning slowly as he scanned the trees. "I know you're there, and I would like to know why you are following me," he called. The voice was unlike anything Viima had heard from Him. For once, it was not a trick. It was a soft voice, slighter higher on the scale than one might have expected, yet it was one that held authority, giving each word clear intention.

And the intention was clear--its bearer did not appreciate being followed.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

OOC: Sorry, I kind of assumed Orderin KNEW that. :P

IC Viima

(Le-Wahi):

Viima's eyes widened as He appeared. He had been looking in a slightly wrong direction, a few lengths from where He had actually stood. Viima turned to the now-revealed Toa, who was looking at him and asking why he was following.

Viima's mind raced. His original plan had been to find out where He was going and perhaps even save his next victim, but sooner or later he would have sought out Orderin again to help him. Now he was facing a Toa alone and he was sure he could not hope to win a battle. If He attacked, Viima would simply have to escape, to retreat, and let the murderer get away.

Viima had almost let a murderer get away before. He had also almost lost his life because of making rash decisions. He would not repeat his mistakes. He would allow things to proceed more slowly this time.

"I am a hunter", Viima replied, gripping his razor-disk sharply in case he would have to use it. "I know you are one too, so you understand why I'm following you. The only difference between us is that I hunt Rahi for a living and you hunt Matoran for fun. Am I right?"

IC: Tivanu

Tivanu waited for Orderin to get a hold of Weta.

OOC: Tivanu is actually the one who suggested Ta-koro. And will admit him it would be amazing if Him could bring back a characer from the dead just to kill them. Would be epic

Vrina walked out the door of the gym and made her way to the center of the village and stopped to consider her next step

What or where to now? This is so annoying when i don't have a plan.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: Transiz/Tul

The Mega-Rahkshi walked along the path of Le-Koro, when he saw a Toa come out of a fitness center, or gym of some sort. He walked over to her, and saw that her mask had a black splotch in the middle that constantly shifted it's patterns.

"Hello. I'm Transiz."

OOC:

That's you, Vox.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC:

Sisk grinned slightly. He noticed the faint glow around Korero's face and knew waht it meant, now that he'd experienced it first hand. An as a Le-Matoran and constant flier, that sort of rush was something he could appreciate.

"How about the high-tree top above Kongu's hut?" he said.

--------------------------------

I noticed a couple of larger rays of light that found their way through the jungle-canopy. I knew what that meant. My mouth curved upward slightly, hinting at a smile. Le-Koro was enough to put anybody in a good mood. It was warm and welcoming; and once you got used to the humidity it was a great place to be. At least, that's how I remembered it. But I hadn't been to the village of air since helping Joske to find the charms and unlock the temples of the virtues.

I was curious to see how things had changed. Our Kikanalo carried us through the treeline and we found ourselves in the large clearing the elevators to the village lowered into. I glanced around. It looked like nobody was there, but I knew there were eyes on us, hidden in the green. Le-Koro had its guard up like the other villages. Eventually, two Matoran carrying spears emerged, but there were bound to be more.

I felt the Kikanalo tense up slightly below me and I patted it slightly, before dismounting and approaching the guards. I quickly explained who we were and why we were here, without going into any detail until the guards nodded, gave a signal to their hidden companions.

I turned back to the others.

"Well, let's get up there."

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

OOC: No worries, gentlemen. ^_^

IC - "Him"...? - Jungle: The Toa stared at Viima for several moments. In those moments, his eyebrow slowly elevated higher and higher upon his forehead, until it seemed to strain against the fibers that held it to his face. The resulting expression of confusion (laced with a good bit of incredulous anger, at that) was entirely genuine.

"Hunting Matoran? Just what in Karzahni's name are you talking about?" he asked. The Toa placed his hands on his hips, glaring up at Viima, face contorted with a deep frown as he considered what had just been said. At length, the Toa closed his eyes, shaking his head. "Either you have me mistaken for someone else, or you are deliberately trying to waste my time--and that is something I do not appreciate. So, elaborate."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

OOC: One year back, part 1.IC: Kaithas/ErithHi. It's me again.As the Dark Angel goes over the water, the rocking of the ship brings back memories. Memories of my arrival on the island, a year or two ago.Gosh, it's been a heck of a time.I woke up on a beach, no memory, just a Jaga sting in my leg. I tried to get to Ga-Koro, only managing to with the help of a passerby.I wish I could remember his name. Funny how those who are best to you in times of need you forget the fastest.I certainly haven't forgotten Slannak. My impatience led me to abandon my first Good Samaritan and ask her help once I got to the village.Mata Nui, I was a jerk. I still don't know how they stood me back then.Especially considering all the plants destroyed in the hospital. Honestly, I probably was one of the most disrespectful, ungrateful Toa around.But I haven't even gotten to the worst part yet.After spending the night at Slannak's boss' boat, I went to the tavern.At ten in the morning.Don't give me that look.I met a Fe-Toa there. I can't remember his name, but he was talking to a Toa of Ice. That other would be very, very important later, but I didn't pay much attention to him at the time. The Fe-Toa had the assurance of someone who was used to getting any girl he wanted, and for good reason.That guy was handsome.Now, being an arrogant dipwad I didn't trust him at all, but it was still hard not to laugh and smile along when he did.I left shortly after.That's when the visions came.They didn't really save anyone in the long run.I gathered a team. Slannak, Merla, Zakama, Lathon, Nidiak, and Desilix. Back then, I was foolish enough to think the law didn't apply to me. Being arrested didn't kill my mood at all. But...A Toa calling himself Iris attacked us. We fought back, giving no regard to those around.So many died. I-I can't reconcile myself to that, even now...OOC: Tahen post coming soon.

BZPRPG Profiles

Vrina caught sight of the Rahkshi like being and was immediatly caught off guard by its being able to speak

"Well Hello Transiz, Your an odd looking one ya know?"

Her eyes moved over this creature before her and she still could not believe this creature

What in Mata-nui's deformed big left toe is the thing. It looks like a rahkshi yet far to big and it can talk which i have never seen a rahkshi do.. Unless i count illusion rahkshi

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

"Ah, well, that's what being bonded to a Parakuka does to one." Transiz, turned around, and pointed to the slug like thing on his back. "This here is Tul. Bit of a pessimist. Actually, much of a pessimist. Very negative all the time."

Anger. Realism.

'SHUT UP YOU! You always think-say you're a realist, but you're a pessimist!'

Repetitivity.

'I guess you're right. I do tell you to shut up a lot.'

Understatement.

"So, what brings you to Le-Koro? I'm trying to visit all of the Koros myself. Started in Ko and went south."

Edited by Canis Lupus

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Vrina nodded to Transiz

"Well that is a mighty odd creature. But i am here just to observe the koro. Been around the island many times and figured i would come back here."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC: KaithasFlashes of light. A plant material beneath me. I stand, finding myself back in Ga-Koro. It's that day again, the one I've lived over and over. The bodies lie scorched on the ground, his shadow up ahead. It's sunset, the sky blood red. The biggest illumination is... The bolts. I feel for my katana at my side, expecting it not to be there, like always. But it is. I draw it and turn it over with wonder, but rapidly choose not to question it. Approach slowly. I ran in once. Not again. A lightning bolt strikes, ending a Matoran and illuminating the Toa ahead. No more time to waste. I run. Teleport, swing the katana down with enough force to break a skull. He parries. Against all odds, he parries. In my shock I barely manage to teleport away from him, dodging a bolt that would have roasted me inside out. It barely misses a Ga-Matoran instead, sending her screaming away. I grind my teeth and dash in again, swinging, each strike parried perfectly. He counter thrusts, his sword scratching alongside my ribs, leaving a nasty gash. I gasp, roots starting to come up to bind his feet. They disintegrate, and my hopes with them. He smashes me with the butt of his sword, sending me flying back into a hut. I swear I could hear the crack of ribs. I try to stand again, a wooden wall coming up in front of me. I'm bleeding. Badly. My index finger goes to the wound, plant stitching coming from the tip and sewing up my cut. Hurts like heck. The wall splits, and I send a strike down through it. Again, he's too fast. Blocks. My hand stings where the shock ran down my blade. I grimace, block one of his, and teleport around him. My other hand clenches, a wooden blade forming in it, thorns running up the side. With two blades, the fight is nearly even. And he's tiring. I'm depriving him of his power source. Without the ability to hurt, he's getting weaker- I see an opening, and I strike. My blade pierces his heart, the Toa falling to the ground and gasping. With his final breath, he takes his mask off. And he's me. I stumble back, falling into the dark. Just falling. And falling. And falling. ** I snap awake, covered in a cold sweat, trying to blink the dream from my eyes.I can't let go, and I never should.IC: Tahen"Not so long ago, there was a man by the name of Utu Kotore. Now, Utu was a huge Toa, tall and strong..."OOC: All needed permissions from microsnipe. My mark bearer retelling will be posted as I complete it.

BZPRPG Profiles

"Excellent," I replied, letting go of the Toa's hand. "I'm excited to have a part in protecting Mata Nui. Is there anything I need to do to officially join, or is this it? And is there anything I can do for you in the meantime?"

Yeah, looks like Xaro was a little talkative. All the better.

IC:

""Official" isn't a word I'd associate with us, for better or worse," Kethrye replied with a chuckle. "Probably best off going around meeting meeting everyone else before we going."

IC Viima

(Le-Wahi):

Viima was overwhelmed by confusion over the reaction of the Toa of Sonics, but did his best to not let it show. Unfortunately he had never been much of an actor.

"Okay, so you call it what then? Art?" Viima tried. "The point is, you killed several Matoran at my village, for a reason I do not understand. Any chance you could tell me why? What's your motive?"

OOC Jam with Tyler~

IC "Cael, if we'd never met before ever, would you like me." "Of course." "Really?" "Why wouldn't I?" "No reason. Just curious." Dorian couldn't have picked a worse person to say that to if he'd tried. It wasn't like it was Cael's -job- or anything to diagnose people based on what they said, and you didn't ask questions like that for no reason. The others had moved on ahead, leaving the two of them astride their Kikanolo. Cael had started out a nervous wreck, but hours of riding had improved her confidence; with a flick of the reins, she pulled ahead of Dor's mount and cut him off. “Dorian. Tell me the truth.” "I was a much better liar before I stopped killing people who annoyed me," I clucked under my breath. "They're gonna get ahead of us." "Yes, they are, and if you insist on being stubborn, then they're going to turn back and everyone will start asking questions, instead of just me." I sighed through my pout and then looked out past the trees, into the skyline; the sun was bright and orange, just barely dipping beneath the surface of the horizon like a bath toy. We could still reach Le-Koro before nightfall if I just fed Cael a line of bull, but clearly she wasn't feeling hungry enough to stomach it. Hmmph. I can't help it. I like her. "You know how...sometimes, uh...you know how when you try and open a vial of lotion, and there's those chunky bits that everyone gets grossed out by, but they're still lotion deep down and they still leave you smelling great if you just give it a chance?" The Toa of Water raised an eyebrow. "Yes. And I'm hoping this is an analogy." "Yeah, of course it..." I looked back to the horizon again and then looked down at the doughnut box, biting down hard on my bottom lip and grinning anyway, laughing quietly at the closed up pastries before looking at Cael with the same abashed grin and then shrugging with one shoulder. "All I wanted was your professional opinion." "My professional opinion is that you smell pretty good, Dor, and don't let anyone tell you any different." I blinked. Blink. Blink. Blink. Cael's pretty face was rock solid; it made it even harder not to react suddenly, to roll through emotions like a flip book, choose one, and then unleash it in one burst, like I had so many times before as a Mark Bearer, a Bad Company deputy, and-- "Heh." I started to grin again at Cael, and her face stayed stoic. "Haha." It was the -last- thing I expected to hear, and by now I was in full blown gales of laughter, trying to cover my massive grin and mask the sounds of happiness so Agni didn't come and kill it. The healer kept a straight face, not without some effort, and slowly raised a chocolate doughnut to her lips and took a bite. "They taste good?" I said, eyes closed as I tried to regain breath. "Not as good as you smell," she said, smiling at last, leaving her parting quip behind as she pulled her steed around and trotted off to catch up to the others. ... "She's a -keeper-," I muttered to myself, kicking Shrimpy the Kikanalo back into action as I took another bite of doughnut.

IC - "Him"......? - Jungle: The Toa of Sonics cocked his head to the side, suspecting more and more that this Matoran was delusional--or else someone had evidently committed murder in his name. Eyelids dropping slightly in frustration, he inhaled slowly, and then exhaled, taking several steps in Viima's direction.

"Look, buddy, I have to be frank with you--I have never once set foot in Le-Koro," he replied. "As a matter of fact, I've hardly been in Le-Wahi before now, and the only reason I am is because I thought it would be faster than figuring out the Onu-Koro tunnel network to get to Ta. Case in point, you're following the wrong guy." He adjusted his footing, irritably shaking off a vine of some sort that had wrapped around his left shin. "Blasted plants... Can't imagine the sort of person who would live here anyw--"

He cut himself off, looking at Viima. "... Sorry--no offense intended." He closed his eyes. "This murderer you're tracking--what's his name? Perhaps I've heard of him, if nothing else."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC Viima

(Le-Wahi):

Viima blinked. He was certain this was the murderer, for he had briefly seen him back in Le-Koro during a fight, and followed him ever since, invisible or not. Viima realized that the Toa was bluffing... or else he was mentally deranged, perhaps even scitzophrenic (if that is how you write it). Whatever the reason, Viima found himself extremely intrigued. He decided to play along, if only to find out more about this mysterious being.

"I doubt you would know him", Viima said. "He doesn't appear to have a name, you see. That hasn't stopped him from being infamous already, though."

Viima dropped himself to a lower branch which was on the head level of the Toa. Viima still kept his distance though, and his disk ready. Anything might happen.

"May I ask you why you are going to Ta-Koro? I don't know what you are up to now or if you have something important to do, but a Toa like you would be of great help in tracking down the murderer."

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

IC:

'Kuolo' climbed aboard his Gukko, and nodded to Milost.

"I am prepared."

IC-Milost:

"Then we fly!" Milost growled, a lash of the reins sending his Gukko flying up into the air. After a moment Kuolo's came as well, the small party flying in the direction of Kini-Nui.

OOC: Well, Milost to Kini-Nui. Can't speak as to whether or not Kuolo is going to crash though.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC- Verak - Xa-Koro Ruins

I looked amusedly at the gaping tunnel that had once rested firmly beneath the ground, carrying sewage and drain water. Now it was full of water and covered in dull corals and twisting fronds of seaweed. It had been transformed into some beckoning maw promising all kinds of adventure.

Sparkles was already returning to the surface, the rope wrapped around one arm and the other wrapped around his meager valuables- and old rusted scepter, probably worthless, a sword covered in barnacles, likely best used for scrap metal, and a broken mask.

No, when I returned, it would be carrying something worthwhile. Or not. Maybe I just wouldn’t return to the ship at all.

I smiled at Kordo and waved. My own rope was dangling back a couple paces, twisting and waving in the current. I waved goodbye to it, and began a strange, bouncing walk as I strode towards the tunnel.

It was hard to tell what was down there- the sunlight shining through the rolling waves above was not able to enter the tunnel and reveal what lay below. I sucked another air bladder empty, filling my lungs with air as I stood a bio away from the tunnel, glued to the ground by my belt of weights.

This better be cool.

With a kick, I swam through the entrance. It took merely a second for my eyes to adjust to the gloom, and I picked out the large blocks of rubble and the cowardly schools of minnow immediately. The passageway sloped downwards, bringing me deeper and deeper into the ruins.

The dark passageway was similar to above- remnants of houses and cobblestones lay scattered about the silt, covered in undersea life. Huge blocks of stone were half covered by the muck, and clams, eels, and all manner of undersea things had taken up homes in all the different little nooks and crannies caused by the rubble.

It took another air bladder before I came up the next interesting thing, a deep pit in the floor. It looked like some old sinkhole. Looking down, I could see nothing but darkness.

Obviously, I leaped into it.

I gracefully sunk past the walls of the pit, brushed by the strange feelers of coral and anemones that coated the sides. Soon I gracefully touched the bottom, and the walls fell away and revealed an enormous pit. Ruined machinery lay about, melted half into slag or covered by a rockslide or two. It looked like most of the things were drills. Strange. Who was drilling under here?

I had another air bladder, noting that I still had nine left, and pushed on. A quick glance revealed nothing else of worth.

Instead I walked through a ruined wall and carried on down a narrow passageway. An old brick wall pressed against my left shoulder, a natural rock face against my right. There was less life here, I noted.

I also noted a few strong suction cups pulling at my leg, and I immediately glanced down with horror at the large tentacle. It was hard to tell the color in the dim light, but I can assure you that it was big, strong, and those suction cups were unbelievably powerful. The tentacle tightened around my leg, and, slowly, began to drag me towards the crevice it had emerged from towards to creature it was attached to. The crack was just big enough for a Toa my size.

I flailed and strained, but I’m not that strong, and without a mask, even weaker. I couldn't fight it.

######.

Edited by Visaru

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC:

While the heavier weight of 'Kuolo' slowed the Gukko down, The Onu-Toa and Rahi Beast still flew. Although this was his first time willingly riding upon a flying creature, and it was also the first time that he was near a Flying Rahi that wasn't trying to kill him.

OOC: 'Kuolo' to Kini-Nui.

Edited by Varren Rehn

IC: Akiri Kongu - Le-KoroThe platform surrounded the entrance to Le-Koro's bustling markets and festival ground (so most of Le-Koro) was just as busy as it was every day, dwindling only into the night when the sun fell and the moon rose. And even then, lightstones lit the way for those still up, even if the domestic Force was more active. But the sun had yet to fall today, the day was only just begun. Yet, through the crowds, Akiri Kongu picked out figures at the entrance to his village. Notable. These visitors he was not anticipating today. Odd of course. Kongu had been anticipating a lot of things recently, moreso than usual. But this, of course, was not a group of people known for the predictability.Kongu's smile grew wider, yet retained the level of firm and assertion he was so known for. His weight shifted along the back of Ka, his Kahu as she strode through the streets with great power. He ruffled her feather in his fingers fondly as he clicked with his throat, and finished with a low chirp-like sound. Ka had been trained to respond to his various calls, exclusive to his own training. There was no mount on Mata-Nui that was a quick witted and willing to obey as Kongu's own Kahu. She responded immediately, shifting course. Two Toa guards stood at Ka's side, following beside Kongu, ever watchful as always.Making their way through the crowd, the four beings stopped, and Kongu leaned over his Kahu's side, peering at his guests, his smile widening, "If it is not the Toa-hero Joske and his companions.""I like to think of it as working the other way around," the stunning Toa of fire responded.Kongu turned to her, eyebrows raised happily, "Toa-hero Tuara Drigton! It has been many years since I have seen you, I trust you are well."Tuara responded with a small smile, "Well as #####."Kongu looked to the others, "There are a few Toa-heros I do not recognize, and as much as I would like to stop and meet-greet with all of you, I am on important business outside Tree-bright Le-Koro, I cannot stay long," Kongu patted Ka's head, who's full attention was clicking into place again having been distracted by the newcomers. She cooed, "Perhaps you are here to enjoy today's festivities; there are bands and taverns I could personally recommend. Or are you simply looking for a place to stay? Is there something I can do for you? Akiri Kongu is at your service."

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC:

I patted Tuara on the shoulder once as a I stepped forward and past her to greet Kongu. The Akiri and I knew each other, I'd met him a long time ago, even before I was a Toa, during some combined exercises between the Guard and the Windriders. That didn't mean that we were close, but the instant recognition was there on the Matoran's face as he looked me up and down.

"Akiri Kongu. It's been a while." I said, bowing my head slightly in respect. "But I am afraid the purpose of our visit is not as tree-bright as we would like. In fact, there are two reasons."

There was no point in tiptoeing around the issue while exchanging endless pleasantries. Better to cut straight to the chase. I lowered my voice slightly, just loud enough for the Akiri and those within immediate earshot to hear.

"For one, we are looking for the remnants of Makuta's forces - most importantly Echelon and his allies. They are still at large and as you know, they are dangerous. Joske and Merror are in charge of that part of the investigation. The other reason is why I am with the group right now - I hope to find leads on the Turaga's killers along the way. And since we needed a good source of information on both, we've brought along Toa Dorian here."

That summed it up rather nicely, even if it was just the facts and no flavor. Now I was curious to hear Kongu's thoughts.

IC: Akiri Kongu - Le-KoroKongu's bright smile faded, even if the tips of his lips remained at a slight curl. He was still rather pleased to see that his visitors were who they were. His eyes however, became thoughtful and stern as he breathed in. The Akiri slid down Ka's back, and make a low click. Ka put herself into a more rested comfortable position, "Hmmm," Kongu let out a long humming sound, "That Toa-villain is elusive. I know-nothing of his current whereabouts. But we do know of places that he occasionally makes his dark-lair. One lies in Ko-Wahi, although we do not know where. Another, is not far from here," Kongu tapped his foot pointedly, "Le-Wahi, North-West. Long ago, before the Le-Koro Highway-road was completed, we had to cease digging on both ends.The infrastructure of the earth was not stable enough to endure all-every day bald-land walkers. The project was quick-forgot when the new Le-Koro/Onu-Koro highway-road was built," Kongu clasped his hands together, rubbing them, "It is the only known dark-lair in Le-Wahi. Perhaps you could find clues or even the Toa-villain himself there," Kongu pointed with his finger, his voice suddenly stern, "Tread with light-feet. He may have enforced the stability, but there is no guarantee you are safe there."The Akiri put two hands behind his back politely, "That is all the Force knows," his brow furrowed, "But the Force could know more about some things," Kongu looked to Dorian, at first it seemed as though he was about to tighten his brow or put more strength into his voice. But it was not the case. Kongu's eyes were full of intrigue and curiosity. Yet, they were sure. Like he knew something but wouldn't say. He was at ease, and totally comfortable with the being before him. Pleased in fact to see him if one were to look into his green eyes enough. Kongu's attitude was infectious too: The tension lasted for nigh a second.Akiri Kongu smiled warmly, "Toa-hero Dorian was it?"

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC:

I nodded my thanks, but remained quiet as Kongu's attention turned to the others. I was thinking. If there was a place for Echelon to hide out in Le-Wahi, we had to check it out, even if chances to find him were slim. But at least we could eliminate a possible hiding spot from the list and maybe even make it uninhabitable in the process.

In any case, I felt like heading out right away. It wasn't impatience that made me feel that way, though the feeling was similar. No, I felt like a Muaka that had picked up the scent of its prey. In this case, the prey was a whole other pride of Muaka and instinctively, I suspected that they already knew that we were going to come for them sooner or later. We would have to play this whole thing smart.

I glanced at Joske and Merror, to try and get a read on how they felt based on their expressions.

OOC: Taleen from Ko-Wahi

IC: Taleen - Le-koro -

Taleen arrived in Le-koro by morning, a bit exhausted and tired from her all night trip from Ko-Wahi. She was quick to find an Inn where she could rest and recover, all she had to do was wait for further instructions after all, this was the easy part.

She payed the Innkeeper quickly and went upstairs, unlocking room 203 with the key given to her, she locked the door behind her and then collapsed on the bed.

Edited by A billion cats

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC (Merror)

Merror slowly nodded.

"Thank you, Kongu," he said. "It's not as much as I'd hoped the Force might know, but then again..."

He smiled slightly in the irony.

"...if you did, you'd probably have caught him by now. Anyway, now that's out of the way, let's speak of happier things."

He looked up, seeing the rays of sunlight filtering through the trees; the silhouettes of Gukko and their pilots flying in formation; the translucent green of the new chute system and the occasional opaque object whizzing through. The breeze carried the sounds of birdsong, bustle, laughter and music.

"Have the last three months treated you and Le-Koro well, old friend?"

Kongu smiled, motioning to the world around him, "I have been well. Le-Koro has rebuilt from our recent... er," Kongu bit his lip, glancing at the ground, "Misfortunes."
The Akiri quickly brightened up, "But there is bright-luck again! Makuta being defeated was more than enough for my people to look onto the future with grandeur joy and wonder."
He looked back to the ground, picking at the floor with his foot, "That's always what we've been about; the sun rise when the moon falls. And that has yet to shift-change," Kongu looked back up to Merror.
"I trust you yourself are well too?"
Merror smiled broadly.
"Better than I have been for a long time. I - "
The Toa of Fire was interrupted by a flash of white and a whump of displaced air. Suddenly, there stood next to Kongu a Toa, armoured in leaf-greens. His face bore a uniquely-shaped mask behind which glowed golden eyes, and a Toa Tool in the form of a shield was slung on his back. His gaze spoke wonder at the collection of beings before him.
"Toa Korero Maru," said Merror, inclining his head respectfully. "My name is Merror. I've heard a lot about you, and your brothers and sisters."
"You don't remember, do you?" Korero replied softly. Then an infectious grin spread across his face, and he laughed and suddenly lunged forward to embrace Merror in a bear-hug.
Merror staggered back a little in surprise, but his gaze was focussed on the middle distance.
"Noooo..." he said in disbelief. "No, it can't be..."
He looked at the unimposing yet famous Toa of Air who had now stepped back, his mouth an 'o' of amazement.
"The little Ko-Matoran from the Wall of History? I read your name in the Daily, but I never made the connection...never realised it was..."
Korero beamed at him. Merror laughed incredulously, returning the grin.
"I never forgot what you told me," Korero said earnestly. "'Don't be afraid'...simple words, but look how far they've carried me."
"Ohhh, it's my honour," replied Merror in like. A tear almost came to his eye. To see that diminutive little amateur historian, shy yet talented, transformed into one of the greatest heroes the island had ever known, and to know that he'd helped him on the way...Merror wasn't overly religious, but he felt a surge of gratitude to Mata Nui that he'd been allowed a part in this destiny. It was, as he said, his honour, and it was moments like these that made live still liveable in a world with such darkness.
His eyes shone in vicarious joy that almost bubbled over into laughter.
"Toa Korero. Hero of Mata Nui. I am very pleased to meet you."
Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC:

A knowing smile crossed my face and Joske and I exchanged a quick look. My former student smiled as well. The prophecy that had predicted the Maru had also been responsible for dragging him and the rest of our group into the action as well, except for Dorian.

I nodded at the Toa Maru of air. "Long time no see, Korero." I said, then paused as I noticed Korero wasn't alone. "Who's your friend?" I asked, pointing at the Le-Matoran behind him. He wore tribal markings and the insignia of the Force.

The Matoran shrugged, looking a bit lost. "I...uh...Sisk's the name and taming's my game...and uhm...yeah, Korero was gonna jump-take me someplace else. Looks like we got sidetracked." His look drifted from me to the others, then his grew suddenly wider.

"Oh hi Merror!"

OOC: The little guy slipped your mind, eh GH? ^^

Vrina nodded to Transiz

"Well that is a mighty odd creature. But i am here just to observe the koro. Been around the island many times and figured i would come back here."

"Ah. So, is this place any good?" Transiz pointed to the building that the Toa had just come out of. "We're thinking of going there." After pausing for a second, he added, "We, of course, meaning myself and my Parakuka."

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Vrina smirked as she heard this

Wonder what definition and form of good he is expecting

She merely shrugged

"To be honest i would not waste my time on the place. The equipment is sub-par and i feel like if i touch the building to hard it will just crumble. I would not suggest it."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu