Video Game You Last Played?

• 4 weeks later...

I finished LEGO City Undercover last week. I've certainly made it clear that this was the one Lego game I was most excited about, and now I'm very glad that I finally got to actually play through the whole thing. I loved all the unique aspects of this game, such as the combat system, switching between disguises for different abilities, driving the wide range of vehicles, and of course exploring the massive hub world of Lego City. Pretty much the only negative thing I have to say about this game is how immensely time-consuming it turned out to be, particularly when it came to all the things there were to complete and collect in the hub world. Even so, I absolutely loved playing this game, and now that I've finally actually played it, I can definitely now call this my favorite Lego game of all (I'd even go so far as to call it my favorite of all video games).

Next game for me; LEGO Worlds

I understand that this is the only Lego game with no specific objectives and no 100% completion to reach for. However, this game does have achievements to unlock on Steam, so my goal for this game will be to try to unlock all of them (or at least as many as I possibly can, as I've noticed a significantly smaller proportion of players have unlocked the more difficult achievements than they typically have on other Lego games).

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

I've been playing Celeste recently. Amazing game, that one... but WOW has it been giving me a huge challenge.

(For those who haven't heard of it; it's about a girl climbing a mountain, but also dealing with a lot of her own internal struggles and emotional baggage along the way. It kinda... makes her feel really relatable to me, in several ways - which is one of many things I love about it.)

Muscle memory utterly plays tricks on you with that game, though; it's a platformer, but the series of jumps you have to make are often so complex that you have to put a lot of strategic thought into figuring out how to get where you want to go; and then many of them, you have to do multiple different jumps and dashes in the air all in sequence, and all in different directions. And that's where muscle memory is such a pain in the rear; it tricks me into thinking 'I've just jump-dashed left, so I'm used to that and the next time I jump I'll just press the same combination'. Only the next jump didn't want a dash to the left, it wanted a dash upwards AND left (or even back in the entirely opposite direction!), so muscle memory catches me out and poor Madeline face-plants into a wall of spikes instead of jumping over them.

I finished the main game arc - I LOVE the story direction, and the character, and the art, and the atmosphere... and, despite everything, the sheer CHALLENGE the whole thing poses, because being so tricky really increases the sense of satisfaction you get from accomplishing it - but before I can go far into the final (epilogue, I guess) level, I need to go back and get enough Crystal Hearts to open the way. And, heh, tackling one of the B-side levels for that purpose is certainly a whole new level of challenge all on its own!

Its good, though. If anyone's looking for a platformer that really makes you think (and doesn't mind losing many hours into it!), I highly recommend it ^^

Edited by Darth Jaller

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

• 1 month later...

I've been playing LEGO Worlds and decided a few days ago to discontinue playing for now. I definitely liked how this game is so unlike all the other Lego games, particularly that you're able to explore so many kinds of different worlds, can build so many things, and can even reshape the terrain in all kinds of ways (my absolute favorite world was the one provided by the Classic Space DLC). There are also tons of quests to do, some of which provide gold bricks to increase your ranking, with each rank rewarding you with either a new tool or access to larger worlds, with the ultimate objective of 100 gold bricks allowing you to directly create new worlds to explore (as opposed to just randomly generating them). As for the achievements, out of a total of 71, I got all but four of them (two require doing something with another player (not yet ready to try multiplayer mode to even try for them) and the other two require so much grinding that I'd rather wait until after I've finished every other Lego game before I proceed to spend that much extensive time on one particular game). It was very easy to find myself playing this game for hours on end, and I would definitely consider this game among my favorites.

Next game for me; The LEGO Ninjago Movie Videogame

The game is also structured very much unlike any other Lego game, and I'm very much looking forward to trying it out. (In fact, the only games I've been more anticipating than this one for a while were Lego City Undercover and Lego Movie 2 Videogame.) While I've certainly seen the Lego Ninjago Movie a few times, I have still not yet had a chance to see much of the Ninjago TV series, so I might have a little difficulty with identifying whatever references are made to the TV series (hopefully, that won't have too much of a negative effect on my enjoyment of this game).

• 4 weeks later...

I finished The LEGO Ninjago Movie Videogame a few days ago. It took me a total of just 30 hours to reach 100% completion, making this by far the quickest I've ever fully completed any Lego game (though I can't remember how long it took me to complete the Lego Movie Videogame, so that might be debatable). I definitely liked all the concepts that made this game so different from all the other Lego games, such as consisting of "areas" to complete in story mode and then explore in free play mode (rather than the usual levels and hub worlds), the advanced combat system with its multiple types of attacks and upgradable bonuses as you progress through story mode, and the "training dojos" where you get to battle various foes from the TV series (I still hope I can soon get a chance to finally watch the Ninjago TV series, if only to actually understand all those references). I would definitely rank this game among my absolute favorites.

Next game for me; LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2

After three uniquely designed Lego games in a row, it'll be interesting to go back to a more traditional type of Lego game. Even so, from what I've seen of it previously, it looks like this one might take quite some time to complete, but after how much I liked the first Lego Marvel Super Heroes game, I'm willing to see what this game will be like.

• 3 weeks later...

Last game I played was actually Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, I got it for xbox but I want it for PC. I'm tryna mod that Chao Garden hard.

Untitled.png.810206e4ceb9d1782fd46317df703580.png
:t:     :r:     :a:     :n:     :s:     :f:     :m_o:     :r:     :m: 

• 1 month later...

metal gear 2: solid snake; going on a kojima kick while i wait for the death stranding pc release

just finished snatcher, and before that, metal gear

next in line is policenauts

man remember when no one would dream of making a forum site without signatures

that was tight

• 3 weeks later...

The game I have been playing the most lately is Crypt of the Necrodancer. I have been really putting in the hours to beat the game as Aria, and last weekend I finally did it!!! This was very difficult, probably one of the biggest accomplishments I've had in a video game. I'm now working on some other achievements, including a 10-run deathless streaks.

Another game I've been playing is Heartbeat. I initially picked it up last December as I heard about the plight of the developer and I was able to empathize, having gone through a similar situation by my own friends. I only actually got around to playing it this summer, but I have loved it! It plays very closely to a classic rpg like Dragon Quest, which is what I enjoy. The world of the game I also find very interesting, and I wouldn't mind other works set there, or using it as a setting for a tabletop rpg campaign.

Civilization V and Town of Salem fill out my recent roster, as games I play while I eat and listen to a podcast, or play with friends. And I guess there is still Pokemon Masters on my phone, which I am enjoying.

I finished LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 a few days ago. At the complete opposite from the previous game I played, this one took me over 100 hours to reach 100% game completion, by far the longest I've spent on completing a single Lego game ever (and that was even with the aid of a guide to help me find everything to complete). Not only does it have a lot of levels (20 story, 10 bonus, 6 DLC), but also the hub world to explore is huge in both area and the number of quests and tasks to complete. That aside, I found the story itself (various places from across the Marvel multiverse brought into a single realm called "Chronopolis" ruled by Kang the Conqueror) to be quite interesting. If not for some collectibles being particularly difficult to obtain, I would definitely rank this game among my favorites.

Next game for me; Lego The Incredibles

From what I'm already familiar with, this game looks like it'll be very interesting in many ways. And after how extensively time-consuming the game I just completed was, I'm actually looking forward to this game apparently being relatively smaller and quicker to complete. Also, I've seen the first Incredibles movie, but not the second (and hopefully I'll get a chance to see it sometime soon), so it'll be interesting to see how this game's story mode differs from the events of those movies.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Working on my second playthrough of Death Stranding; going for 100% completion this time around. I can't believe how many stories, items, and functions I missed out on my first time around! First playthrough was about 67 hours, currently about 1/3 of the way through the main story this time and 50 hours in. This is gonna be a long haul!

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

• 2 weeks later...

I finished LEGO The Incredibles a few days ago. In addition to the interesting slightly alternate take on the story events of both movies, I also liked the new concept of group builds, where after collecting a certain amount of special bricks you have a group of characters build together to complete large creations. The hub area has a lot of special versions of these group builds that, upon completion, also unlocks certain characters from all the other Pixar movies. Another interesting feature of the hub area is that it's divided into districts that each have a "crime wave", which is like a mini level where you have to complete some quests to defeat the villains. Plus, with just over thirty gameplay hours, this was among the quickest Lego games to complete, and I sure wouldn't mind having an opportunity to play it again sometime. I certainly loved a lot of what this game had to offer, and I would definitely rank this high among my favorites.

Next game for me; LEGO DC Super Villains

Although it's the fourth Lego game to feature the DC franchise, what'll make this game an interesting challenge for me is that creating a custom character will be such an integral part of the game, literally right from the very beginning. As someone who never even bothers with the character customizer unless it's absolutely necessary for game completion, this should prove to be quite an interesting experience.

Today, thanks to a few achievements in Ultimate Chicken Horse and Team Fortress 2, I finally achieved an 80% achievement completion rate on Steam. That's been a goal for me for a while now and has dictated most of my gaming habits over the course of the last several months. Not really sure what the next game I play is going to be, but I am certainly open to recommendations. Perhaps I'll go back and play Pokemon Black 2 some more. Probably going to finish up my current game in Civ 5 as well.

In other gaming news, a new update dropped this morning for Pokemon Masters which I'm excited about.

• 3 weeks later...

Been playing a lot of Master Chief Collection as of late with some friends. I played most Halo games as they came out, but these friends are experiencing them for the first time, and it's great fun. Halo 3 was our most recent finish - Legendary 4 players co-op only took us about four hours. It's surprisingly short! Compared to Halo 1 on Legendary co-op, anyway, which took much longer. 

On 9/2/2020 at 8:17 PM, Mushy the Mushroom said:

Just Slither. The happy little snakeworms are quite relaxing.  ^_^

Haha, I remember playing that one back in the day, mainly because it wasn't blocked on our school computers.

As for me well, my friends have gotten me back into playing League of Legends...I'll say it's much more fun when you have friends to play with.

For a more single player experience though, I've also returned to playing a little Dragonfable. I even bought the 2016 Artix Entertainment calendar...thinking about actually hanging it up.

• Like 1

Now the last one's Bionicle Heroes. Writing up documentation for making your own mods for the game requires lots of trial and error first to figure out good methodologies. I've probably played more Heroes in the last three or four weeks than in the rest of my life at this point!

On 9/6/2020 at 11:03 AM, Valendale said:

Haha, I remember playing that one back in the day, mainly because it wasn't blocked on our school computers.

That's impressive, haha! Just learned of its existence a few years ago at a children's hospital. The patients played it so much during class hours that the teachers blocked it. This resulted in a patient-led protest of "NO SLITHER, NO SCHOOLWORK!". The teachers unblocked it in under a week. :lol:

Geoguesser. I miss when the high quality version was free.

goldy.jpg.2a929e25bde483fa0a84efa39cb7af8d.jpgIMG_7223(2).jpg.62624129031c1e2fd7df50d70b18f765.jpggoldy.jpg.2a929e25bde483fa0a84efa39cb7af8d.jpg

IMG_0692.GIF.3309bb29bcc7460f3b8786a87af44771.png.da7133cb92dbb2189370ddfa6f4d46de.png Member-Made Emote Topic h.jpg.3e4ad884a1ceef85d03b81b5df0c09ef.jpg

Original Mush art thanks to @Bambi

Actually, my memory was a little shot on that last one. It wasn't unblocked on our computers, at least not for long. But we figured out how to install VPNs on the computers to get around the block. And with the great power, Slither was what most people chose to play, along with a few of us playing Town of Salem. Eventually we got into trouble for naming ourselves after our teachers...

I'm still pretty much playing the stuff from my last post. Right now I'm trying to play through the Wonders of the Ancient World scenario in Civ V as Darius.

• 3 weeks later...

I finished LEGO DC Super-Villains a few days ago. It was very interesting that this game started off by creating a custom character (I named mine "Doctor Blast") that actually plays an integral role in the game's story. As for freeplay, this game is a lot like Marvel Super Heroes 2 with distinct regions on the map (a little smaller and more manageable for this game) and various quests and challenges to complete (listed with hints in checklists for this game, making it way easier to keep track of your progress). For the achievements, I was a little annoyed that all the ones for the DLC levels were "hidden", forcing me to search on other sites to find out what the requirements were, but at least I got them all unlocked (and thank goodness I have to go through that only once). Overall, slightly better than Marvel Super Heroes 2, so definitely among my favorite Lego games.

Next game for me; The LEGO Movie 2 Videogame

This is actually the last of all the Lego games I have yet to play. Considering that the very first Lego game I played was based on the first Lego Movie, it's actually quite fitting that I'll be finishing my three-year gaming marathon with the game based on the second Lego Movie. I've certainly been looking forward to this game since I first saw the movie, and I can't wait to finally try it.

• 3 weeks later...

I finished The LEGO Movie 2 Videogame earlier today. I found it very interesting how this game is structured a lot like Lego Worlds, though there's quite a few differences that, among other things, provides story content and an actual 100% completion to eventually reach. Although I was a little disappointed that the story content is inaccurate compared to the movie, I did like the DLC worlds that basically provided additional story content that takes place prior to the events of the movie. Overall, much like with the first Lego Movie game, this one is definitely among my absolute favorites, and I would indeed be very interested in playing through this game several more times when I can eventually find the time to do so.

Although I've now tried every single Lego game available to me, I'm not quite done just yet, as I've still got a little bit more left to do on Lego Worlds. I'll be getting back to that game next and hopefully it won't take me long to fully complete what I can with that game, such as unlocking those last two achievements.

Anyway, now that I've played through every Lego game I have, here's my final complete list of rankings (most favorite at the top, least favorite at the bottom):

LEGO City Undercover
The LEGO Movie Videogame
The LEGO Movie 2 Videogame
The LEGO Ninjago Movie Videogame
LEGO Worlds
LEGO The Incredibles
LEGO Jurassic World
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean - The Videogame
LEGO DC Super-Villains
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2
LEGO Star Wars - The Force Awakens
LEGO Batman 2 - DC Super Heroes
LEGO Indiana Jones 2 - The Adventure Continues
LEGO Star Wars III - The Clone Wars
LEGO Marvel's Avengers
LEGO The Hobbit
LEGO The Lord of the Rings
LEGO Batman - The Videogame
LEGO Indiana Jones - The Original Adventures
LEGO Batman 3 - Beyond Gotham
LEGO Star Wars - The Complete Saga
LEGO Harry Potter - Years 5-7
LEGO Harry Potter - Years 1-4

• 4 weeks later...

Been back at LEGO Worlds, and I have just unlocked the last of that game's achievements. I have now officially unlocked every achievement of every Lego game (at least among those currently available on Steam), a goal I had set out to accomplish nearly three years ago. And today just so happens to be my birthday, so that felt especially satisfying.

Still got a few more things left to unlock in that game, but now that I can stop being concerned about achievements, I can now check out Sandbox Mode to find out exactly what I'm missing. In fact, I might even consider writing my own guide listing all of the obtainable objects and possibly even many of the quests to be found in the game.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/27/2020 at 8:26 PM, Chronicler06 said:

Been back at LEGO Worlds, and I have just unlocked the last of that game's achievements. I have now officially unlocked every achievement of every Lego game (at least among those currently available on Steam), a goal I had set out to accomplish nearly three years ago. And today just so happens to be my birthday, so that felt especially satisfying.

Congratulations on accomplishing your goal! I know doing stuff like that feels good.

Lately I have been playing Hyrule Warriors as well as playing my favorite tabletop game online at Dominion.games.

Since I finally managed to patch it properly, I'm doing another run of Divinity 2: The Dragon Knight Saga (which is essentially Ego Draconis plus the Addon). Also been playing some Divine Divinity here and there, which is also kinda fun but challenging in its own way. At least there I finally figured out how to activate the teleporters - but turns out I have a talent for accidentally running past the areas that are better-suited in terms of enemy levels and go straight to too-hard stuff.

Still, old games are fun and this one's no difference.

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

• 1 month later...