Multiversal Collision

Krayzikk

IC: Dr. Narys was somewhat startled, having been too caught up in the discovery of the wound to notice the little mech fairy landing on her shoulder. "That would be a logical conclusion," Narys said.

At that moment, Dr. Ellesworth came back with a canteen, which he placed over the mouth of the barely conscious patient, pouring a small amount of water into her mouth at a time. He then poured a little over her body.

"We'll probably need to give her a skin graft with those wounds," Dr. Narys said.

At that moment, Dr. Sarany approached. "How's the patient doing?" She asked.

"We've managed to cool her down," replied Dr. Ellesworth. "She seems to have some serious burn marks on her side, though."

"Were there any other survivors," Narys asked.

"One," replied Sarany as she leaned in closer to the patient's marks. "He's unconscious but not seriously hurt."

As she looked, Sarany gasped in shock. "What could have left those?"

"I don't know," replied Narys. "We'll probably have to give the patient a skin graft."

"Make sure it isn't infected either," replied Sarany. "I'd better go examine the other patient."

With that, Sarany turned for the other side of the medbay.

IC: Sierra (Medbay)

'Odd.. very odd.. perhaps..'

"Could I take a look at the armor, Doctors? I've got a theory, but I'm not entirely sure.. Also, if someone could get my external memory drive from the meeting room, that'd be appreciated."

One of the assistants nods and leaves, presumably to get either or both of the requested items. The mech-fairy herself doesn't move, examining the burns closely and carefully.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: "I don't see why not," replied Dr. Ellesworth, motioning toward a table on which the young girl's battle armor had been hastily piled. "I don't know what you expect to find in there, though."

At that point, Ellesworth reached up toward a nozzle on the top of the machine and carefully turned it, the mist coming to a gradual stop. "That should be enough of that. The important thing is to keep her hydrated."

"We'll have to make sure she drinks lots of water," said Dr. Narys.

"Of course," replied Dr. Ellesworth. "I'd also advise that she stay indoors at all times with the room at a reasonable temperature. With a bit of rest than maybe in a few days she'll at least get the strength to talk."

"What about those burns?" Dr. Narys asked.

"I'm not quite sure," replied Dr. Ellesworth. "Obviously it was something powerful, some sort of Valkyrie upgrade, perhaps?"

"I don't know," replied Dr. Narys. "Do you think there's any chance of infection from such a wound?"

"Not likely," replied Dr. Ellesworth. "Though I suppose there's no harm in running a diagnostic just to be certain."

OOC: Feel free to develop the other survivor if you want. In fact, if you'd like to don't be afraid to develop other characters in the camp as long as it doesn't conflict with anything already established. The same advice would also go for anyone else in the event that you also end up in this place somehow.

Edited by Atton Rand

(IC: John Davidson / The Capulet)

The men held back for a while, wary to advance forwards. They had already seen what John had done before. In fact, it appeared some of them were speaking to each other in some Erde dialect - he figured they were discussing what to do with him. Based on the looks, nothing good was planned. Slowly, he inched his hands closer together, and gave a casual tap to his wrist to fire his shield generator up.

Eventually, one of the swordsmen said, "You, Earth-er. You come with us to bottom deck."

"Ah, well... so you don't want to kill me then. That's lovely. You're a nice person, you know that? Lovely teeth."

The generator charged, he suddenly lowered his arm and slapped it again, causing a flash of light as his energy shield activated. "The problem with your logic is that I am a Terran. Not from Earth. And this shield projector will block all of your attacks... worse still, I have this."

The men backed away as he reached into his coat and pulled out a highly advancing lockpicking for use on the hard to open Terran doors that still used more archaic (but harder to hack) locks to remain secure. He activated the device, causing it glow slightly, "Of course, it doesn't stop anything from coming out. Take, for example, this rod of lightning! All I need do is activate it, and I can fry you worse than the strongest wizard could hope! You don't want that, do you?"

While the shimmering aura of the shield seemed to be around him and was enough to convince the goons to back off, it was pretty much all a bluff. It was useless against their melee attacks; the only thing it would protect him from was the bullets and the like flying across on the field. Luckily, that was the most advanced tech the pirates understood. People are easily intimidated by things they don't understand, and when they see what they don't understand stop what they do, they expand it. Especially the dull.

He took notice of a pirate from afar aiming at him with one of the confiscated rifles as he finished off one of the crew members, firing at the shield. The metal sphere struck the shield, which crackled across the air before absorbing the kinetic force and causing it to drop to the ground. The pirates around him backed further away.

He saw the laser rod a good distance away. He thought quickly about his options, before deciding that he needed to get a weapon if he wanted to make this anything more than a stalemate... yet this was a fake stalemate, and one move by his opponents calling his bluff would make this into check. Acting fast, he sprinted across the deck to the rod, turning as he did so and skidding into the crates, landing on his rear end.

The pirates began to realize that he had bluffed, but it was too late. The crates gave him cover from the side, and now he had his weapon. Quickly, he grabbed the laser rod and began firing at the four who had previously been holding him hostage. All four dropped dead with burning holes through their flesh at various points.

He took a moment to breathe.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: (Millstone) Dr. Millstone slowly backed away, having finished applying a bandage to the pirate's wound. "That should be all," he said calmly. It had been a difficult job, if only due to stress resulting from his patient's friend constantly having a sword at the ready. The doctor had successfully stopped the bleeding, and now it was simply a matter of waiting for the wound to recover.

"That should do it," he said. "At any rate it's the most I can do with what I have available."

"You sure this will work?" The pirate with the sword asked.

"Yes," replied Dr. Millstone.

"It still hurts," replied the wounded pirate.

"Of course it does," replied Dr. Millstone. "You need to give it time. I would advise you to avoid any intense labor for a little while, a few weeks at least."

The pirate with the sword seemed somewhat annoyed Millstone couldn't do any more, but he simply growled and placed it back into his belt. "Alright," he said. "This better work. I can't speak for my crewmates but for now I'll leave you alone as long as you don't cause trouble. If he dies, I will come after you personally."

Slowly the pirate backed toward the door and stepped into the hallway, leaving Dr. Millstone with a second patient to look after.

IC: (Narys) Dr. Ellesworth carefully ran a small mechanical device along the burn marks of the unconscious soldier. "No sign of infection as far as I can see," he said. "These burns run pretty far deep, though. Whatever happened they clearly didn't want her getting out alive."

"We'll need a skin graft," Narys said.

"Yes," replied Dr. Ellesworth. "You ever performed one?"

"I've practiced," replied Narys. "I've never had to do one on a real patient."

"Fair enough," replied Dr. Ellesworth. He opened one of the glass panels on the side of the coffin, exposing the burns more clearly. He then walked over toward a cabinet, opened a drawer, and pulled out a test tube containing a clear fluid. "In principle it's a straight forward process of applying stem cells, the difficult part is making them do what you want."

OOC: I thought it might be worthwhile to bring in a bit of actual science. With the advances in technology in this world it's not inconceivable there have been some improvements to stem cell research.

IC: Will

Dr. Millstone would soon discover, however, that his second patient had vanished, along with the firearm he had unceremoniously discarded. Will had managed to grab the gun and slip away through another exit while Millstone and the pirate had been distracted by the wounded man. Now, he was catching his breath behind a corner. He risked a glance out onto the deck to find four pirates collapsing onto the wooden floorboards, all with smoldering wounds across their bodies.

He took in a deep breath and, despite the stabbing pain that shot across his shoulders, leveled the weapon with the torso of a particularly heavy-set pirate. He squeezed off several inaccurate rounds before the pain from the recoil forced him back into hiding. After a few breaths through clenched teeth to steady himself, he took a brief look over to find, much to his dismayed relief, his target had fallen clutching a long gash in his side. It had been a glancing blow, by the looks of things, but a blow nonetheless. With any luck, his weapon's loud report had been lost among the sound of other weapons firing across the deck. If not...well, he'd have to figure out how to use his pistol effectively without causing himself such pain.

67tlbk.png

IC: (Dr. Millstone) The doctor turned in surprise to notice something which aroused his attention; one of his two patients had fled in the confusion. The funny thing was that it was not the wounded pirate, but Will. This was peculiar, indeed, as Millstone had only found two possible exits; either Will had jumped out the window, in which case he may already have drowned in the freezing water unless a rope had been conveniently dropped for him, though even then he was unsure if he would have the strength to hold it. Then there was the door, near which the pirate had been standing. Neither one seemed likely.

Still, Millstone knew that attempting to find the patient would be futile. Assuming that he hadn't already gotten himself killed, there was no way of knowing where to look, especially if his fear that the man had in fact drowned was correct. Additionally there was the risk of making things worse than they already were. He had an uneasy truce with one of the pirates, but if he got in their way he could get himself killed.

Reluctantly, he turned toward his other patient, pulled up a chair, and sat down. "Well, it seems we're going to be here for a while we might as well get to know one another. Do you have a name."

The pirate looked at him nervously. "It's alright," replied Millstone. "I'm not going to harm you."

The pirate took a breath and then began speaking. "My name is Maxwell Johnson."

"Well, it's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Johnson," replied Millstone. "I'm Dr. Robert Millstone. I'm a surgeon from the Domain of Britain. I don't believe I've ever met anyone from Erde before."

"Erde?" Replied Johnson. "You kidding me? I mean I guess I just got so used to the magic and all..."

"Magic?" Replied Dr. Millstone.

"Yes, magic," replied Johnson.

"But that's impossible," replied Dr. Millstone.

"Go up on deck and see for yourself," replied Johnson.

"True magic is impossible. There must be some sort of rational explanation behind it all."

"Oh I've heard that before but that's until you see it for yourself," replied Johnson. "Believe me I've seen a few things out here. Piece of advice, if you ever here about a visiting circus run by a "Nyarlathotep", run for your life."

"I'll remember that," replied Millstone. "You were saying you weren't from Erde."

"No," replied Johnson. "I'm from Terra.

"I was working in a naval base when these darn pirates attacked. We tried to fight back but their magic overwhelmed us. In the end a few of us remained and were given the choice to either join the crew or be slaughtered then and there. There's all kinds of people there, guys from the Dominion, Earth, Tianxia. In fact really only a handful of the crew is actually from Erde, and that portion is mostly made up of the officers. They're brought on board and forced to work until they die. That's not even getting into the ways they ensure that the crew doesn't try to desert, kill themselves, or start a mutiny."

OOC: To add on to what you've done...

(IC: John Davidson / Erde Ship)

John slowly moved forwards, looking around the deck. With his shield now up and eyes locked on the Capulet, where he could now see that the fighting had already long since spilled deeper into the ship. He hoped for the best, for first mate and crew (and the captain - there was still the whole newt thing to worry about).

When he reached the seemingly dead brigands, he knelt down and inspected the gear and clothing more closely. It was mostly Erde type rags, with a few foreign additions that he had chalked up to matters of opprotunity... but then he took to looking at the features. More importantly, some of the tattoos and other markings. "Something isn't right here."

One of them began to groan, and he looked to see the man trying to get up. His injury wasn't as fatal as John had thought - a bullet through the lower torso would have probably been fatal, but the laser mark had gone through and managed to avoid any vital organs. Still, for all of the magical fantasies of a laser being an instant cauterization device some people from Earth and the like had, applied pressure and stress from the injury wouldn't keep him alive for long.

Not much he could do, though. He wasn't a doctor. Though they had one... wherever Millstone had gotten off to. Looking at the field, he considered going back to get more assistance. No... the pirates still has some magical support, and that error needed to be remedied immediately. Which meant killing the source.

Through the rabbit hole, then. That is to say, the doors into the lower deck.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: "How do they do that?" Dr. Millstone asked.

"It's all magic," replied Johnson. "And don't give me any of that nonsense about how any sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from magic."

"I don't very much doubt that," replied Dr. Millstone, still skeptical but reluctant to anger his patient.

"Well, for one thing ordinarily there's some sort of magic field around the ship, keeps any of the crew from trying to jump overboard in the middle of the night and swim to shore, or drown themselves, and believe me I've seen people devise some pretty creative methods of getting around that."

"Escaping?"

"Well, if you consider suicide and escape than yes,"

Dr. Millstone looked at his patient with uncertainty. "I got lucky, you know. I might be the only one in the crew who's had an opportunity like this. I don't suppose you can get me out of here?"

"I'm afraid I can't say for certain," replied the doctor. "You see, I have two friends somewhere on this ship, and one of them was badly hurt. I can't leave him, and even then we'd have to track down the lifeboats and then avoid being seen by the pirates, not to mention an issue of supplies for surviving in open water."

OOC: Apologies for taking so long, slight RPer's block is slightly annoying.

Also procrastination. <_<

She flits over to the damaged armor and clothes, looking and scanning them over. There are burnt as well, with not much special about it other than one, unidentified aspect which she just can't get a handle on.

'Perhaps a new type of flamethrower.. or..'

The mech-fairy returns to where Dr. Narys seems to be preparing for surgery, upon finding her deeply involved the machine decides it best not to speak yet. Instead, she goes over to the other survivor, where Sarany already crouches over the prone form, not yet in a mist-tube. Sierra instantly notices something strange, alarming, and certainly not something at all expected.

"Doctor?" the mech-fairy begins, "How unusual is it to have a patient showing signs of frostbite when found in the middle of the day?"

OOC: and a plot emerges..

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC: Sarany looked up in surprise, somewhat startled by the small glowing machine. However, using a handheld device she was able to quickly identify at least one major sign of frostbite. She slowly pulled off the patient's boot and carefully pulled down the sock underneath it, exposing a blistered and swollen foot.

"That is unusual," she said. "Even if it's not frost bite I'm not quite sure how one would get that in the desert. Now that you mention it, it does seem a bit strange that this man is apparently frostbitten while our other patient was overheated."

OOC: What I described is something called "trench foot" (named largely due to it being common among soldiers in trenches during World War I). Apparently it's a common sign of frost bite.

"Yep. Perhaps, yes, one could get frostbite at night if they weren't sleeping with a blanket, but this is something else entirely. Even now, at least 10-15 minutes after the attack, his body temperature is still slightly lower than normal. Add that to the fact that I'm detecting the same, unidentifiable particles on his body that I found on the woman's body armor, and that just makes it stranger.."

She falls silent, processing and searching the online databases for a few seconds before continuing.

"..I can't find any reasonable match for the particles on any of our servers, either.. This looks more and more like either that our enemies have harassed heat, both too much and too little of it, with some new device using these particles, or it's residue of something from another world."

Another second or two.

"Most logically, Erde. Erde magic."

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC: "Erde?" Sarany asked. "Why would someone from Erde want to attack a truck full of soldiers? They don't even trust us and our technology, why would they be here to begin with?"

At that moment, Colonel Jenkensen happened to step into the medbay, looking around. "Any survivors?" he asked.

"Two," replied Dr. Sarany. "This guy was grazed by a bullet and hit his head but I haven't found any lasting damage. The other is over there getting a skin graft."

The Colonel approached the operating table on which Dr. Ellesworth was carefully preparing the stem cells for the graft. "How's she doing?" He asked.

"Well, she's cooled down," replied Dr. Ellesworth. "We still need to take care of those burns, though. We also need to keep her hydrated."

"Good," replied Jenkensen. "Could you spare a hand?"

"I can probably do this on my own," he said. "Why?"

"Well, with a disaster like that something must have gone down. We were hoping to find some sign of where this skirmish could have taken place. Sgt. Halderson thinks it couldn't have been too far, meaning it was likely somewhere in the area. I thought we could take a truck out to investigate."

"This could be a chance to use your new friend," Sarany remarked.

"Yes," replied Jenkensen. "That little mech fairy seems quite taken with you, Dr. Narys."

Narys smiled, somewhat shyly. "Anyway," The Colonel said. "I am curious as to just what these people were doing out here. I was never informed of any trucks bringing in reinforcements, and it seems strange they'd be out there on their own unless there was someone else with them, a convoy perhaps."

He looked towards the little mech fairy. "Perhaps you can fly around the area and see if you can figure out where this attack may have taken place. I figure once we know where to look it would be a good idea to get a couple of doctors up there in case there's any other survivors. We'll also have to report this to headquarters."

"Can do, sir," As she replies, the soldier she had sent off returns, holding the entire box carefully in his hands. Sierra's glow brightens at the sight and she exclaims her next words.

"Ah, you got my charger too! Thanks, sir!"

Flitting over to the box, now set on a table, she pulls out a small construct, looking much like the combination of a battery charger and a chair, with the cord trailing behind. Placing it down, she goes and plugs it in before flying back into the box, selecting one of a number of memory chips that she places into the back of the chair. Finally, she sits down, letting out a relaxed sigh.

"That's better.. Just give me a minute or two and I'll be off," She shifts slightly to address Sarany, speaking once more.

"As for your question, it's simple, really. You've practically already answered your own question. Truly, honestly, wasn't the other side the first people you thought of when you saw this attack?"

A moment of silence, as most of the officers standing there likely confirm her statement.

"And if Erde doesn't trust us, perhaps even sees Terra, as a threat, what's the easiest way to take Terra down, with minimal losses? Attack it up front, likely bonding the citizens against a common threat, or give the two bitter parties who've just finished a war another reason to destroy each other and reduce the threat to nearly nothing?"

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC: "That does make sense," replied Jenkensen. "The people of Erde are supposed to be distrusting of technology."

"Erde?" Narys asked.

"It's one of the other worlds brought in," Sarany explained. "The people from there can supposedly use magic."

"You don't really believe that?" Narys asked.

"Well, right now anything is possible," the Colonel explained. At that moment, the Sergeant walked into the medbay. "The truck's ready to go, sir," he said.

"Good," replied the Colonel. "You have a scouting party together?"

"Yes sir," replied the Sergeant. "Gregory, Castle, Rickard, and Beckett are all ready to go."

"Good," replied the Colonel. "I'd like you to take Captain Narys with you."

The young captain looked at the Colonel in surprise. "I'd like you to examine every potential spot for an ambush within a mile of here. Once the mech fairy is charged it should be able to help narrow down your search."

"Yes sir," replied the sergeant. He turned toward the door, Narys reluctantly following. She followed him outside towards the gate. The armoured truck had an open door, which she climbed into, joining four other soldiers, who looked at her, most of them complete strangers. The sergeant climbed into the front of the truck and began to drive.

There was a period of silence in the back as the truck moved, rocking gently back and forth. The three soldiers in their combat armour seemed to make Narys out of place, as she realized she was still in her fatigues. Whoever had been behind the attack was likely gone, but she still could not help worrying, if only due to this being her first time outside the camp since her arrival.

"You must be the new girl," said one of the soldiers, a young man.

"Captain Narys," replied the Captain.

"I'm Private Castle," replied the young man.

"Nice to meet you," Narys replied shyly.

"You've never been in the field before, have you?" Asked one of the soldiers, a young woman. The name "Gregory" was written on her jacket. "You think you can handle this?"

Narys nodded, though her lack of confidence was evident.

IC: Sierra (Medbay->Desert)

It was only a minute or two after Narys left that the mech-fairy got up, unplugging the charger as she talked quietly to herself.

"93% charge.. that'll be enough, this was more to regain the energy spent on exploring the base.. And onwards to adventure!"

Closing the box, charger and memory chips stored safely inside, Sierra takes off, leaving the building by a messenger carrying some packages inside, no doubt for the doctors and nurses.

She flits out of the base, thermal imaging on and scanning. A quick burst of joy, her version of a smile, appears as she locates what she's looking for. One nice, easy updraft.

Her wings locked in position, the mech-fairy glides high above the desert, looking over the dunes with her pin-sharp eyes. While tracking the moving armored truck, she follows what's left of the trail from the damaged transport to find what looks to be the end of the attack zone.

Not bothering to speak, Sierra simply sends out radio signals, which are picked up by the truck's systems.

"Mech-Fairy to Scouting Truck. Got some signs of a disturbance due east of your current path, over that dune."

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC: "Due east," Sgt. Halderson repeated as he looked toward the driver, Private Peters, a young man in his early 20's. He nodded as he started to drive in that direction.

"Do you have any idea what is in that direction?" The Sergeant asked. "There's a canyon just about a mile up," he said. "It's smooth terrain, good for transport."

"That would also be a good place for an ambush," replied the sergeant.

Up ahead were a series of large mountains, with a relatively narrow but smooth space in between. "Take a look in there, private," he said. The young man nodded.

It was a few minutes before they finally arrived at the mouth of the canyon, It certainly looked like a good place for an ambush. There were plenty of hills, many of them steep and difficult to climb. "Sir, if there was an ambush here do you think they're gone?" Peters asked worriedly. "Most likely," replied the Sergeant. "Still, I would suggest having your weapons ready just in case."

The young private nodded as he opened the door and stepped outside. The Sergeant followed immediately afterward, and approached the back of the truck, opening the door. The four soldiers climbed out, weapons at the ready, followed by Dr. Narys, who hastily put on a backpack containing some basic medical equipment. "I would advise caution," said the Sergeant. "These hills are an easy place to ambush, but if our little mech-fairy is anything to go by than there's a good chance that this is where we'll find the rest of the convoy. Let's move."

The Sergeant turned toward the mouth of the cave. As they entered, Gregory kept her gun trained on the surrounding hills. Beckett, Rickard, and Castle were all looking around, ready to fire if necessary.

At first, it seemed quiet, and empty before Peters saw the first sign of any prior human presence. "What is it, Peters?" the Sergeant asked as he approached, before noticing a small truck, the windshield shattered to pieces, a body in the driver's seat. The young private took a deep breath, trying his hardest not to panic.

Travelling deeper into the canyon and turning a bend, they started to find more remnants of this encounter. A number of damaged vehicles were scattered throughout, some mildly intact, others left in ruins. There was a jeep occupied by a dead man, his face in the steering wheel, and two officers in the back.

Narys found herself crouching down in front of another person, who had been wearing Valkyrie armor. Whoever they were, they had a large hole through their chest, and both wings snapped in half. She detected no life signs from them. There were others in Valkyrie suits, all of which were in pieces. One woman's helmet had been broken in half, exposing part of her lifeless face, and the rest of her armor was also in pieces.

"What happened here?" Narys asked, worriedly.

"I don't like the looks of it," replied the Sergeant.

OOC: eh derp

I need to post here

:P

IC: Sierra (Canyon)

After watching the truck descend into the canyon, the mech-fairy stayed up above for a few seconds, scanning the desert for any hostile threats. Finding none, she felt it was safe to go down herself and take a look.

Landing lightly on Narys' shoulder, Sierra peers at the broken body and armor. This was the work of something powerful. Very powerful.

"Scans are showing trace amounts of the same particles found in the temperature-based wounds of the survivors. However, strangely, it's more of a thin, light coating than the focused embedding in the wounds. These wounds are more like they were simply sliced and bashed open, like this was mostly close quarters combat... but instead of using army knives, clubs and swords were used.. Most of the armor breakage seems to have occurred after death, like whoever did this was afraid that leaving the Valkyrie armor intact would cause it to come after them.."

She pauses, processing for a second.

"..It seems like these people, at the least, are anarchic in weaponry and thus have a fear of advanced technology. That, coupled with the particles, is pointing more and more towards a magic-using band of people from a medieval land..

And the main one we know of those is Erde."

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC: Narys

The young doctor took a moment to catch her breath, the sight of all this being a bit much for her, especially on her first day. "If we can get any of these bodies back to camp I might be able to collect a sample."

"I can get in touch with the camp," replied Sgt. Halderson. "It's probably going to take a few trips to get all the bodies here."

Moving deeper into the canyon, Gregory noticed something shiny glistening on the ground, half-buried in shallow sand. Slowly she approached and brushed it off to reveal the hilt of a broadsword. "Hey," she shouted. "Take a look at this."

The Sergeant eagerly ran towards her and looked at the object in surprise. "Is that what I think it is?"

"Probably," replied Gregory.

"Well," replied the Sergeant. "I suppose that proves it."

"Where do you think they went?" Asked Peters. Halderson turned toward him. "What do you mean?" He asked.

"Well," replied Peters. "I don't think there's any way that men with broadswords could have put up a fight against our soldiers without some casualties."

"My guess is they tried to remove as much evidence of their involvement as possible. They probably cleared out any bodies of their own since they wanted us to think it was our former enemy who was responsible."

The Sergeant bent down on the ground and picked up the hilt, carefully holding it in his hands. "An entire garrison was ambushed here, and as far as we know only two survived."

"I don't know how you'd get away from this," replied Narys.

"I don't know," replied the Sergeant. "I suppose it would be pure luck."

There was a moment of silence, as Narys allowed what she had seen to sink in.

"We'd better get back to camp," Halderson then said. "It's getting late, and I'll have to report this, then we'll need to send some trucks in to collect the bodies."

IC: Sierra (Desert)

"I've got pictures and all, sir, so you don't need to bring out a photographer. Let's see... This is [XX, xx] S, [YY, yy] W, so.. location marked."

After finishing, the mech-fairy speaks directly to Narys, whose shoulder she hasn't left.

"Hey, do ya mind holding, or at least having the sword near you? I'd like to conduct some more through scans and, well, I trust you more than the rest of the crew. No offense to them or anything. Also, grab a piece of the Valkyrie Armor. Need to look at that as well."

Zakaro

Edited by ZakarOMEGA'D!

AGoNWLR.jpg

• 2 months later...

OOC: Well I don't really want to start over... Haha.

OOC: Okay then, let's just figure out where we were before and pick up from there. I believe in my last post We were in medbay, the two surviving patients had woken up, our "expert" Dr. Moatfield had found that Nysra's vocal cords were messed up by her as-yet-unknown attacker.

OOC: Uh, yeah. Let's just continue on from where we were. :P

In summery: The crew returned to base with pieces of armor, Sierra discovered special particles somewhat like oversized electrons left behind on various objects and stuff was sent to HQ. She's currently sleeping while one of two survivors, Private Long (lol forgot first name xD) is talking to Narys? I think?

It sounds right.. :P

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

OOC: Uh, yeah. Let's just continue on from where we were. :PIn summery: The crew returned to base with pieces of armor, Sierra discovered special particles somewhat like oversized electrons left behind on various objects and stuff was sent to HQ. She's currently sleeping while one of two survivors, Private Long (lol forgot first name xD) is talking to Narys? I think?It sounds right.. :PZakaro

OOC: I believe his first name was Xavier.

OOC: I might deviate slightly from what I originally wrote, but this might help get things underway.IC: Dr. Moatfield put his machine away, having an idea of what happened to Nysra's vocal cords."Has the other one talked?""Yes," replied Dr. Ellesworth.Moatfield coldly turned toward Narys, who was talking to Private Long, sitting down next to her. He looked at the Private lying in the bed."I'm a friend," Moatfield said. "I'm here to help. I need you to tell me everything you can about what happened today."

OOC: Just continuing from where we were;IC: Khyndar frowned slightly, "The de-facto leader of this group is a man named Arantham, a madman if you ask me, but he pays me well so I don't complain."

Edited by Falcon Lord

My BZPRPG Profiles

If you interact with me, and I haven't responded after a while, feel free to PM me.

OOC: Well, at least our mystery character finally has a name.

IC: As Moatfield began his discussion with Private Long, Narys slowly stood and stepped away from the bed; approaching Sarany and Ellesworth.

"According to him," Sarany explained, motioning towards the expert. "Something's happened to Private Nysra's vocal cords."

"Any idea what?" Asked Dr. Ellesworth.

"Not for sure," replied Sarany. "I can't say I've seen anything like it. We might be able to fix them with some elaborate surgery, but I can't guarantee anything."

Colonel Jenkensen approached, listening to the conversation. "If this business about Erde is true," he said. "I've got a feeling we're dealing with some messed up stuff, magic possibly, in which case, I'd hazard a guess that whoever did it didn't want her telling us something."

"What about Private Long?" Asked Ellesworth. "He's speaking fine."

"We found him in the back of the truck under a pile of corpses," Sarany explained. "They might have noticed him."

"Look," replied Jenkensen. "I know we have an expert here, but these two are our key to figuring out what's happened. If there is indeed some Erde conspiracy they can help us prove it. Nysra might be unable to speak, but perhaps there's another way she can tell you. I'd like you to try any alternative form of communication you can think of."

• 2 weeks later...

NPC: Long (Medbay)

The Private nods, beginning to speak.

"So, it was a trip like any other.. We were a convoy of just plain supplies, to go help out the new outpost they're setting up 'round Mesa 25.."

He describes how it was very unassuming, nothing major happening until a figure could be seen on the road ahead.

"And the driver begins to swerve and then suddenly out of nowhere ice comes blasting into the windshield, and we spin out of control.."

IC: Sierra (Charging Station)

A green light flicks on in the station, and Sierra shakes herself out of her stupor, smiling.

"Ah, good. Got a full 11 hour charge.. Well, time to get moving."

The mech-fairy hops off the chair, tidying her things.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

NPC: Long (Medbay)

He licks his lips, lost in thought.

"Yeah.. They were wearing a long, large brown cloak. Covered most of their body. Didn't pay it much attention since it's a desert and all, cloaks to defend from the sand are common enough.. Think I may have even seen a flash of red or blue, not sure."

IC: Sierra (Warehouse)

Looking around happily at the organized box, the mech-fairy nodded to herself and took off, flying out a slightly open window.

"And away!"

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC: Dr. Moatfield took a moment to consider Xavier's story. "Thank you," he finally said. "That should be enough for now. I may have to ask you again for details."

Slowly he stood up and walked out of the room. As he stepped back into the medbay, one of his assistants looked up? "Something wrong?" She asked.

Dr. Moatfield paused a moment. "Yes," he said. "Someone very dangerous may be involved."

OOC: Where's everyone else? I was looking forward to seeing where those other two guys would go with developing the mystery faction.

OOC: Well I did reply, but my character sheets were deleted and I don't know what the last thing said was.

OOC: Well, as I recall you were talking to Khyndar (Dragonface guy). I think you were asking him about a job or something, which led to the last recorded line from that conversation in post #188. Perhaps you should just respond to that line.