Codename "BIONICLE"?

I just had an idea that frankly blew my mind (LOL). I need to share it with you guys:

So, basically it's been known since the time before time that Bionicle stands for Biological Chronicle. It was Faber's initial idea, which, however, is tightly connected with the concept of Mata Nui being one gigantic being or "organism" housing an incredible amount of miniature beings that from his perspective resemble cells, each type serving a unique purpose. It wasn't known what exactly the "Biological Chronicle" meant until it was revealed that the MU is, in fact, the Great Spirit's body (and that's when, I hope, most people realized just how ingenious the name was). So, technically, the "Bionicle" refers specifically to the life and times of Mata Nui, and his internal universe.

It makes me wonder, though, what if the "Bionicle" actually has an in-story role? The Great Beings essentially initiated the construction of the Mata Nui robot so that they could later on rebuild their world. That was its main purpose. What if, however, the "Bionicle" in particular, was a side-project, started by the Great Beings to monitor the activity of all the living "cells" within Mata Nui's body over a very extended period of time. Perhaps someone among the GBs (the typical nutcase outsider that no one ever takes seriously) might've have had a clue that the Matoran and everyone else would eventually develop emotions and ambitions and other seemingly unforeseen characteristics. The "Bionicle" would essentially be a vast log or database, contained on some form of external "server" and it would contain the memories (or "backup") and life experiences of every single being who has every lived in the MU.

It sounds insane, doesn't it? But it is exactly what a Great Being would do, IMHO. And why wouldn't they, considering it would aid them greatly in any future attempts to build new worlds and populate them. It's precisely what a genuine "demiurge" like the Great Beings would implement.

Let me know what you guys think.

Very interesting and plausible. I don't know if the GBs would refer to it as Bionicle, but they project itself sounds like something that they- or one of them, probably Velika- would do.

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

GregF thinks that BIONICLE probably has a meaning in-story, mainly because Vakama referred to it in the prologues of the movies, but he didn't seem to have anything in mind as to what it would mean in-story. I remember asking him about it before COPPA, but I've got to go to work, so I don't have time to find the post.

How well will you die?

In-story it refers to chronicles of life, and has more of a "legendary" feel to the characters inside it, rather than another GB-programmed function. But this is possible nonetheless. I prefer to think of it as much more "organic"; meaning it's the writings of witnesses of events, which people would speak out loud to tell the story sometime in the future on Spherus Magna, like reminiscing.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Well we are all AI, are we not? We aren't programmed or anything, but Matoran are not necessarily all constructed to fulfill one particular purpose and that alone. They have a destiny, but have a random factor to them that gives them personality.

Knock Knock

Who's there

Hoff

Hoff who

Yes

Well we are all AI, are we not? We aren't programmed or anything, but Matoran are not necessarily all constructed to fulfill one particular purpose and that alone. They have a destiny, but have a random factor to them that gives them personality.

I don't even remotely understand your point. AI stands for artificial intelligence. The Matoran were created artificially, but we were born naturally.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Matoran are grown organically and mechanized in factories, no?

Wasn't it said that Matoran can be made in factories? We know they are part organic, and a common theory is that their organics are grown and inserted into the Matoran. Their brains are assumed to be at least part organic, meaning at least part of their intelligence is natural.

Knock Knock

Who's there

Hoff

Hoff who

Yes

GregF thinks that BIONICLE probably has a meaning in-story, mainly because Vakama referred to it in the prologues of the movies, but he didn't seem to have anything in mind as to what it would mean in-story. I remember asking him about it before COPPA, but I've got to go to work, so I don't have time to find the post.

Affirmative.

7) Does the word Bionicle mean anything to the Matoran, Skadi, Makuta, etc?7) To the Matoran, it does, yes, since we have heard Turaga Vakama use it in the movies 1. Does the word Bionicle mean anything to the Matoran?1) It must, as Vakama has used it in conversation in all the movies 5.What does Bionicle mean to the matorans and all beings in the matoran universe?5) "Biological chronicle"

OP Theory supported, sort of.

Edited by fishers64

Matoran are grown organically and mechanized in factories, no?

Wasn't it said that Matoran can be made in factories? We know they are part organic, and a common theory is that their organics are grown and inserted into the Matoran. Their brains are assumed to be at least part organic, meaning at least part of their intelligence is natural.

I think so... but what does that have to do with "we are all AI, no?" or anything like that? XD

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I think slifer's point was that AI, if advanced enough to be like us, could come up with the idea to write chronicles of life, all on their own? And I tend to agree (assuming I understood right), but like I said, still possible (the theory here). :P

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

• 4 weeks later...

Affirmative.

7) Does the word Bionicle mean anything to the Matoran, Skadi, Makuta, etc?7) To the Matoran, it does, yes, since we have heard Turaga Vakama use it in the movies 1. Does the word Bionicle mean anything to the Matoran?1) It must, as Vakama has used it in conversation in all the movies 5.What does Bionicle mean to the matorans and all beings in the matoran universe?5) "Biological chronicle"

OP Theory supported, sort of.

I thought that BIONICLE was short for BIO-mechaNICLE

I thought that BIONICLE was short for BIO-mechaNICLE

That's not how "mechanical" is spelled.

• 2 weeks later...

Very interesting and plausible. I don't know if the GBs would refer to it as Bionicle, but they project itself sounds like something that they- or one of them, probably Velika- would do.Key to Nongu? Hmm

Wait, isn't that what Velika was doing?

Velika was just observing, keeping an eye on things.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...