Chols

00bookends.jpg

I've been working on this project for a while since the boards went down. This is a set of thee LEGO Bookends, each representing a classic LEGO theme:

• [*]Left:
Town/City[*]Center: Castle[*]Right: Space (specifically inspired by the Spyrius subtheme)

The bookends function pretty well. The textbooks on my shelf are quite heavy and fall over easily, but the bookends have managed to support them. Each bookend has a

large gray plate in the back to provide extra support.

So yeah comments/criticisms appreciated and all that good stuff.

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

Those look great, Chols. Cool idea, too. I too like the space one the best, but in my opinion, while they're all good, the colours on the city one make it seem cluttered somehow. Maybe I just don't like red. Castle one's simpler, but still cool.

xinlo-small.gif

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

Haha awesome.Love the space one. I really like the color scheme on it. The space ship is awesome too.Next favorite is the City one. Love the caution tape on it. How did you do that?

Yeah, the space bookend is my favorite too. :3 That caution tape was made from two long LEGO stickers with chevron decals. I stuck them together, the wrapped them around the four poles. I think the effect came out really nice.

Those look great, Chols. Cool idea, too. I too like the space one the best, but in my opinion, while they're all good, the colours on the city one make it seem cluttered somehow. Maybe I just don't like red. Castle one's simpler, but still cool.

Yeah, I was trying to go for classic LEGO colors on the house, with the red resembling bricks, but now I kinda wish I made it another color since the Space one is also red. :/

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

NICE! I could really use some of these (I could also use some new bookshelves for that matter...)! :P I really like how classic they are, with all of the classic themes.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

• 1 month later...

why i would have never thought of that. and it's kinda of nice that they can actually hold the weight. The theme part is interesting. Do you plan on doing more?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.