009 Makes Comics

ATOMIC 009 In Space

Well hello there. My name is 009, and these are my comics.topic-banner.pngIf you remembered me at all, you probably thought I left BZP altogether after Insanity: In Retrospective died the second time. You would be WRONG. I never intended to end IIR, quite the opposite. During my...hiatus, I continued to develop the thing's story to the point that I started getting nostalgic for the "simpler" and "less serious" format of a studio comic. So what did I do? I salvaged my very first comic series, the aptly named 009's Comics, to try using my current "skills" to try and make a half decent continuation/reboot to serve as a sister series to IIR.Then, just as I was getting close to feeling ready to launch this very topic, the forums went down. Then, at some point during the summer, I decided IIR was too close to a concept for an original series I'm working on (and that is ALL I will say about that) to really keep me interested anymore, so I dropped that and started working on a series that ultimately is just IIR in a different setting. A series that, for the time being, I will simply call "Not IIR"I'm still working on Not IIR, but the 009's Comics thing is ready to go, so figured I'd just bite the bullet and put that up. So, with this wall of text out of the way, let's get to it! BEHOLD, PUNY MORTALS...logo.png...What? It's simple and self-explanatory.Latest Comic(s)newpreview-23.pngCast of CharactersComicsStorylines are indicated by titles.Comic #1: Obligatory Lousy IntroductionComic #1.5: OopsComic #2: Bottled at the Source!---Vesili Gets a TV ShowComic #3: AN UNEXPECTED TWISTComic #4: Plot Advancement, Ho!Comic #5: The Plot Thinnensor: Probably The Worst One YetComic #6: Where Things Start To Get SillyComic #7: Late Nite After Hours---Comic #8: Game Night---PancakemanComic #9: Oh Hai Framing SequenceComic #10: It Takes a MontageComic #11: Seems Like a Legit Conclusion to MeComic #12: Pancakeman BeginsComic #13: Right Off The Deep EndComic #14: Obligatory Bank RobberyComic #15: He Should Be a Public SpeakerComic #16: Like a BossComic #17: A Thrilling Conclusion---Comic #18: Satellite SilliesComic #19: Secret Origins---Vesili's Spook-Tacular Ghost Hunting AdventureComic #20: The Flimsy BeginningComic #21: Away We GoComic #22: A Discovery...Comic #23: I Ain't Afraid of No Ghosts! Holiday ComicsHalloween 2011Thanksgiving 2011Christmas 2011 (Featured in the 2011 Advent Calendar!)4th of July 2012Also thisComic #7: Late Nite After Hours Rough CutPermanent Guest Stars1. Darcsyde2. King Joe3. Kahi: Lawyer at Leisure4. Lime ParadoxCreditsRazor Kit- Marty Razor KiraUltimate Accessory Kit- Makar...And I will add more as I use themWell, there you go. I have no set schedule at the moment, and probably never will, but from this point on updates will probably fall on Mondays and Fridays.So! Please tell me what you think, I work (relatively) hard on stuff like this, and it's just a teensy bit disheartening when nobody gives me any sort of feedback. Oh, I'll continue making these things either way, but, yaknow.Nevertheless, it's, like, good to be back, and stuff.-ATOMIC 009 In Space

Edited by ATOMIC 009 In Space

There's not really much to say about the intro comic, but this looks promising. It's refreshing to see someone using Razor again, and this also probably one of the best-looking series I've seen in a while. I don't think I ever actually noticed your old comics when you were still making them, but I did end up reading IIR via majstalking a while back and thought it was pretty good. :P

RksnKgM.jpg

Oh hey. I remember your comics. I also remember you. I remember reading your past works, I think I might of even guest starred in one or two before. It's really good to see you doing comics again, rather refreshing. Anyway, interesting first comic. Was somewhat expecting the others to be in the style you placed yourself in. Still, the comic itself is well made like always. In terms of effects and basic look and text. So good job, chap. I'm going to keep an eye on this topic.

lovewarconga2.png

The aesthetic is brilliant - everything looks really great, from the characters to the fonts to the backgrounds. The first comic wasn't really overflowing with humor, but that's to be expected considering that it's, in your own words, an "obligatory lousy introduction." The humor didn't grab me, but the style did. I'll be sure to check these out every once and a while.

calvin_and_hobbes_under_tree.jpg

I love the backgrounds: they have their own certain charm to them. Your style really does speak out here, and everything about it is great. I also love how you made a high-quality series, but still kept Razor in it and not have too much of a clash between the two styles. I'll be sure to keep watching this.

Well, I know it would be rude to just ignore all of your posts, but I'm having trouble coming up with a reply that has any substance. So I’ll just say: Thanks a lot, all of you people, I hope I don’t let down your expectations too soon! :) So, Depending on circumstances, the next comic (or comics plural. Like I said, circumstances) should go up on Friday or Saturday. Monday if push comes to shove. And to King Joe: TN05 is a PGS leftover from the original 009’s Comics. I do plan on taking PGSes for this series, just not at this point in time. Probably soon-ish, though. -ATOMIC 009 In Space

Well, push came to shove, so here are two new comics:newpreview-1point5.png newpreview-2.png Okay! So, the reason I didn’t do this on Friday or Saturday is because I was dissatisfied with the original Comic 2, and when I got an idea that I liked better on Friday I threw this together during the weekend. My original motivation to combine the two comics was to create one big “Update of shattered expectations”, as Comic 1.5 exists solely to fix a screw up I made in the introductory comic (it also makes the character it’s about seem more like an unpleasant person than I intend him to be), and Old Comic 2 was a clumsy buildup to an equally clumsy execution of the type of bizarre non-sequitur humor I seem to like. I feel that the new Comic 2 and Comic 3 handle it better.Comic 3’s Non-sequitur will add to the series’ “plot”, even! -ATOMIC 009 In Space

I absolutely love the facial expressions/eyes you add onto your character in the comic. Also, yay magic. Also, I want some of that water for some reason. I'm not sure why, I just do. Those were some excellent comics, makes me remember the good ol' days back when I started reading your works.

lovewarconga2.png

Every amount of homicidal toad robots (or anything related to Mega Man) make comics the equivalent amount cooler. thus M% = C%, where M is Mega Man related items, and C is increase in coolness. Thus these comics are now 20% cooler. SCIENCE These comics are very well made. Were you around before the downtime? I don't know your name, but you reference older comics.

To Gavla: It's a good thing you do, cuz that's how I draw superhero-style domino masks. You will never be able to escape from it. EVER. Uh... That's a response to the expressions thing. On the other subject: what living water ew no. :P To King Joe: I'd hate you, too.I'm kidding, of course. OR AM I!?(yes)To Zerothemaster: The Science. You're blinding me with it.I was around before the downtime, just a long while before said aforementioned downtime. My last comic series sorta sputtered to a stop sometime in mid-2009. :closedeyes: -ATOMIC 009 In Space

Ah, October 31st. Yes, today is a special day. A day celebrated by a few-nay, several people. Today is… The fifth anniversary of the day I accidentally revived the original 009’s Comics topic, resulting in it’s closure. Oh, and that one “Halloween” thing, but that’s not important, right?Joking aside, I really did perform topic revival while attempting to post a Halloween special way back in aught six. But that’s not important, this is: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/009/NewComics/newcomix-halloween-2011.png'>newpreview-2point5.pngTaku and 009’s conversation in that thar thing mimics my feelings on making a Halloween special at this point: It’s early on in the comic’s run, and I’ve barely had a chance to flesh out, or even use most of the characters at this point. But darn it, I like making Halloween-based special type stuff and I haven’t been able to make one since 2008 SO WERE MAKING THIS HAPPEN.There’s also the fact that, since the forums came back in October, I didn’t have as much prep time as I would have liked to have. Hopefully I’ll have enough prep time to do something real special-like next year.New proper comic on Friday.-ATOMIC 009 In Space

Okay you people, it's new comic fun time. Here it is.http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/009/NewComics/new-comix-3.png'>newpreview-3.pngOut of the ones I've made so far, this one is my favorite. That is probably not much of a seal of quality :POh, and I’m, like, officially accepting Permanent Guest Stars, or something. Check the first post for details, I guess.I've also put up a Character Sheet. Happy fun woo.-ATOMIC 009 In Space

Hey, these are pretty good. It's refreshing(as others have said) to see a comic that has a generic intro, while being genuinely entertaining.Aahh... big vocabularies are so fun.

"You humans are absurd, Rook. Furious when you're not in control, terrified when you are. Pull it together."

Hey, these are pretty good. It's refreshing(as others have said) to see a comic that has a generic intro, while being genuinely entertaining.Aahh... big vocabularies are so fun.

Yes. Yes they are. Vocabularies, that is. :lookaround:

...WHAT KIND OF PIZZA COMPANY GIVES AWAY A TALK SHOW??Also, why didn't I enter said contest...I have such a winning personality...

An awesome pizza company.-ATOMIC 009 In Space Edited by ATOMIC 009 In Space

NEW COMIC.newpreview-4.pngI'm feeling pretty meh about this one. It's role is to introduce aspects of Vesili's TV show and provide an in story reason for the Permanent Guest Stars, and it succeeds at that. And doesn't do much else. Don't expect the blurry background thing I'm using in this one to become permanent, as that's one of my primary reasons for feeling meh. And Taku's dialogue in panels 3 to 5 feels sorta awkward and stilted to me. But that's just me.It should be noted that I started work on this one quite a while before I started accepting PGSes. Based off of the average amount of posts individual comics of mine tend to get, I figured I would need to get all forceful in reminding people that I'm accepting PGSes. Needless to say, I did not expect the list to fill up with the speed it did. :lol:There's still one more space open, though. HINT HINT.-ATOMIC 009 In Space

NEW COMIC.newpreview-4.pngI'm feeling pretty meh about this one. It's role is to introduce aspects of Vesili's TV show and provide an in story reason for the Permanent Guest Stars, and it succeeds at that. And doesn't do much else. Don't expect the blurry background thing I'm using in this one to become permanent, as that's one of my primary reasons for feeling meh. And Taku's dialogue in panels 3 to 5 feels sorta awkward and stilted to me. But that's just me.It should be noted that I started work on this one quite a while before I started accepting PGSes. Based off of the average amount of posts individual comics of mine tend to get, I figured I would need to get all forceful in reminding people that I'm accepting PGSes. Needless to say, I did not expect the list to fill up with the speed it did. :lol:There's still one more space open, though. HINT HINT.-ATOMIC 009 In Space

Ahhhhh.... Old Liechtenstein...... heheheh!

mindeth the cobwebs

Thanks folks, that is nice of you to say that. Also...LIVE FROM NEW YORK IT'S NEW COMIIIIIICnewpreview-5.pngHey kids, look! Permanent Guest Stars! Being introduced in a cluttered and unfocused mess of a comic! It's a shame I can't seem to figure out a way to properly utilize the elements used in said comic! Oh, well.So, yeah. I don't like this one, but I can't figure out a way to execute It in a way I would like, and it focuses on things I felt needed to be focused on, so I guess we're stuck with it. Hopefully the next ones will be at least marginally better....and that's it.-ATOMIC 009 In Space

Very fun comics. And it's chili dogs, not chili. By the way, what flag was that behind me? Just curious and all that.

Oh, chili dogs? Oops.In retrospect, attempting to write this comic whilst in the throes of a migraine might not have been the best idea http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/sarcastic.gif. Thank goodness I removed "dogs" from the list to make it shorter, or this might have just gotten silly.The flag behind you is that of the Principality of Liechtenstein. I figured that, since I referenced it last comic, why not?Like I said, migraine.-ATOMIC 009 In Space

Oh Kahi and his long walks on the beach...But wow. I haven't been this impressed with comics in a while.I really like the fact you're using the Razor kit. Pretty retro. Same with your classic humor.Both of those are pretty unique qualities that you have here, IMO.I also really love your backgrounds. Seriously.I'll be watching this series from now on.Great work 009, welcome back to comic making.-V-

Here are some actually great comics that I feel deserve a bit more attention as well.

One Nation Under The Great Spirit - The Lazy Life of a Comic Maker 3.0 - 009 Makes Comics - Tilted - The Awesomepacolypse - Tavkorp: Since 2008 - Akano's Comics

Well, see you never again, BZP.

I love this.These graphics are amazing. They're not really high quality, but that's good because their quality matches Razor's quality, which gives off an awesome cartoony feel.And I love the "It's alive again!" line. :PAlso, I vaguely remember seeing you as a PGS in Gav's comics.I'll be keeping up with these, for sure.

Edited by Tavakai

button.png

Good comics, both of them.I like how you introduced us all, but why am I in front of a French Flag? :Pg man.Keep 'em comin. :pirate:

That make one of us :P . On the flag thing, I was, like, trying to "parody" that trope where a character says something inspirational and/or patriotic with a national anthem and flag in the background, or something.With characters giving infodumps whilst accompanied by increasingly unrelated flags.I couldn't think of anything better at the time, sadly.Short answer: Because It makes no sense whatsoever. That's funny, right?And thanks to you other guys. I can't really think of much of anything else to say, so I'll just leave it at that. :lookaround:-ATOMIC 009 In Space