BBC #65 Laserbeak Fledgeling

Welcome back to BBC, Zorrahk! :D I figured that you might be making everyone's favorite Decepticon mecha turkey from Dark of the Moon, and this MOC does not disappoint: it looks remarkably like the movie version.First of all, the head is very robotic, with the bladed crest and beak made of multiple parts on each jaw. Those icy blue Bohrok eyes are perfect for that evil Transformers look. The silver blades on his wings are nice as pseudo-feathers, and the vane pieces on his tail look like that of a plane, an excellent analog for Laserbeak's metal plumes. Finally, I've been waiting for someone to use Stormer's feet in a MOC, and they do look really birdlike here.As a whole, I'm very impressed by how accurate and solid this MOC is, but I do have one small query: why does he have turbines? I don't recall Laserbeak having those in the movie, although I might be mistaken. Feel free to prove me wrong, I just think that they detract a little bit from the overall appearance of wings. After all, birds don't have wings like planes.I wish you luck in the contest, my friend. And I have one other question: can he fold up into a flatscreen, high-def TV? :P~B~

Edited by Ballom

Thank Ballom. :) I'm actually surprised no one has used the Stormer feet yet either. I first thought that they would be great for a big bird. For the eyes, I was going to do orange, but I think that the ice blue ones really help with making it look robotic, and I think it works out a little better. As for the turbines, yeah, he does have them. Here's an image from Dark of the Moon and the game. Oh, and I was trying to work in that alt mode, but I just couldn't get the transformation down. :P

Thanks Phantom Terror. :) I wanted to originally do a full-sized Laserbeak, but I didn't have the time or parts for that. :P

• 1 year later...