So, yeah, I made a bird for BBCC 65. It was a little rushed by my standards; concept to pictures in three days, so it's not as good as it could be, obviously. Legs in particular are pretty bad, as you might notice. Sorry about he BBCC 64 tag, I apparently was under the impression it was 64 not 65 now.

topic_pic.jpg

Picture links to a much bigger and better lit picture.

Gallery (when public)

Some comments about it:

Medium Blue is a nice color, though, so it was nice to use that in a MOC for the first time.

I've noticed as time goes on, my MOCs seem to have gotten rather unstable. Barely anything on the torso of this guy is legitimately connected; it's all just sandwiched in there. It could be that I'm just out of practice, though, because it has been a really long time since I built anything.

Edited by ~Legoman~

My Brickshelf and my Flickr
Shouldn't we read the instructions?

Do I look like a sissy?

~ Calvin and Hobbes

I absolutely love this. I don't know if it's the beautiful blend of light blue and silver or what, but it looks fantastic. I like how the front of the torso comes together so smoothly, with the silver whatchamacallits on either side and a blue stripe running along. An excellent use of pieces, for sure. The feet are also well done, but it would be nice if you could take some pictures of the underbelly.

The only complaints would be that the beak seems to be attached rather flimsily, and the wings seem a little messy. Otherwise, it's a great MOC. Good luck in the contest. :)

=)

"Baby, in the final analyses, love is power. That's where the power's at."

Tumblr

Twitter

Wattpad

I absolutely love this. I don't know if it's the beautiful blend of light blue and silver or what, but it looks fantastic. I like how the front of the torso comes together so smoothly, with the silver whatchamacallits on either side and a blue stripe running along. An excellent use of pieces, for sure. The feet are also well done, but it would be nice if you could take some pictures of the underbelly.

The only complaints would be that the beak seems to be attached rather flimsily, and the wings seem a little messy. Otherwise, it's a great MOC. Good luck in the contest. :)

=)

Thanks. These two pictures should satisfy your curiosity about the underbelly. I've updated the entry pic now, and the gallery has more pictures as well, once it goes public.

About the beak: I see what you're saying, but it's one of the least flimsy connections in the head, to be honest. I really didn't want to attach it on the bottom as well because that would make the head to thick/tall, and this is just a simpler construction in general. In the end, there are many other parts of the MOC that you should be much more worried about in terms of flimsiness.

Edited by ~Legoman~

My Brickshelf and my Flickr
Shouldn't we read the instructions?

Do I look like a sissy?

~ Calvin and Hobbes

A shame this didn't get many replies. It looks pretty darn amazing.

The wings look nice, but a tad messy. I like how you tried to keep up a consistent color scheme of Mata Blue, silver, and gold, but the dark blue pins throw it off a bit. The body looks nice and streamlined with a good contrast of bulk to slim. The best part about the Modra Bird to me is the body, which I believe is very nice looking. The head looks simple and pleasing to get the job done.

Great job, I wish you luck in the BBC!