Am I The Only One Here That Actually Likes TLR?

ChattyNerd

I mean, yeah, it has its flaws…

But really, in my opinion, it makes up for it with the humor and all the tiny details they used!

How they animated where all the pins on the sets spin in the movie, all the worn coloring (You don’t see anything 10K+ years old that still looks brand new, do you?), the subtle hints to the fact that Metus was the traitor… Heck, I even liked all the battle scenes!

Yeah, I am aware of a lot of the flaws, but I honestly still love The Legend Reborn, and I still think of it as a fitting final movie for the franchise.

Also, I’m mostly looking at The Legend Reborn as a standalone movie, not comparing it to the previous ones. if you look at it by itself, it seems much better than it does than when you put it under comparison with the previous three BIONICLE movies. You don’t judge a videogame by the games preceding it, do you?

…….Okay, maybe you do, but that’s really not my point here. My point is to stop looking down upon TLR just because it differs in style from the previous movies.

(And before you say anything, I actually like how they animated the mouths.)

2zi251g.jpg

I don't think that people dislike TLR just because it wasn't as good as the other movies.

But really, in my opinion, it makes up for it with the humor

I think that the humor is one of the main flaws.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I like TLR as well

Of course the humor can be corky sometimes and many people hated Kiina for saying those infamous "wwwuuuuuhhhuuuuu!" quotes.

But as ChattyNerd said I think it's a pretty good one on its own, if you compare it to the previous ones its music isn't really good but on its own it has some good ones like Mata Nui's theme which I really like.

I'm one of those people who always wondered why did the movies portrayed the characters the way they did and didn't make them look more like the sets, and TLR did it and I was very pleased by it. You also got to consider it was done by another company this time so it doesn't have the same style as the others yet it creates its own style.

I liked TLR. It was a great new story, fairly well-animated, with a talented voice cast. It added a great deal of depth to Mata Nui's personality (which was important, since before he didn't even HAVE any personality), and it would have been an excellent way to kickstart a new saga if BIONICLE weren't already on its last legs. Overall, the movie had a lot of mystery, a lot of adventure, and a lot of heart. I think those are the things any good BIONICLE story needs.I don't like it as much as BIONICLE: Mask of Light, simply because I really have a soft spot in my heart for Mask of Light's iconic coming-of-age story. TLR's music is not nearly as memorable as that of the previous BIONICLE film trilogy, even if it did work in some more of the electronic influences that had defined early BIONICLE music. The cinematography also felt a little bit lacking in TLR, though I suppose it had this in common with many scenes from the previous BIONICLE movies: rarely in any of them did the camera linger for very long on the stunning backgrounds that gave BIONICLE a lot of its otherworldly appeal.Nostalgia is also a factor in why I prefer Mask of Light, of course. Not only was Mask of Light a milestone in my enjoyment of BIONICLE, but even then it appealed to my sense of nostalgia by featuring characters and a storytelling style that echoed the Mata Nui Online Game, one of the most memorable achievements of storytelling and world-building in the BIONICLE franchise even today.