Destiny Sprite System: The TNT Fan-Extension

The Legendary TNT

So for those of you who remember Ghosthand's old sprite kit and were disappointed when he stopped making it, well you're in for a treat. Because with his input, I have made a fan-extension of his kit, making more poses, and more body styles.

tnts_fan_extension_of_dss_bodies_and_too

Changes made: Added back and back angle view Mata heads.

tnts_fan_extension_of_dss_masks_v4.png

Changes made: New side angle Kaukau for both versions.

sprite_colours.png

Banners:

dss_tnt_fan_edition_banner.png

Don't forget to leave comments and criticism!

Edited by TNT-Vezon with an Olmak
  • Upvote 1

new_sig_legacy_2.png

To both of you, in the words of Jack Sparrow, I say, "You need to find yourself a girl, mate!"

I attracted six girls in one day and that's just from what I know of. So, yeah, screw you, Jack Sparrow.

Edited by Damaracx 7.0

To both of you, in the words of Jack Sparrow, I say, "You need to find yourself a girl, mate!"

I attracted six girls in one day and that's just from what I know of. So, yeah, screw you, Jack Sparrow.

Okay, okay, lets not get too off-topic about how attractive we are, Damaracx. :P

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

Okay, okay, lets not get too off-topic about how attractive we are, Damaracx. :P

We need a topic for that.....XD

I might add some contributions soon day, so stay tuned!

The rules say: No "Am I Hot or Not" Topics.

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

The rules say: No "Am I Hot or Not" Topics.

I was being sarcastic...... Perhaps I should've used the <Sarcasm> stuff...

Well, I'm adding this topic in my sig.

OK, I meant the whole Jack Sparrow thing as a joke. And as of now, we are dropping all discussion of it. Didn't think it would get out of hand like this. And now, back on topic. So, I'm debating about making a Vahi angle or posting a side view Hau next week. Which one?

This is where we use eni-minee-mo. Expect me to post some back views when I get back to my house.

'K, I'll see about making the rest of the head angles, then.

I'll probably make a Hau first.

EDIT: Well I got around to making three back views. A Great Hau, a Noble Ruru, and a Great Pakari.

Something about the shading looks off. Also, there needs to be an outline around the eyes.

Update Spoilers!

hau_turning.gif

That's because that's the version that should have a head on it.

Not a bad kit, but I have two thoughts:First, why on Earth do you need seventy thousand values for every hue? More than four is just overkill for something this tiny unless you're actively aliasing it which defeats the purpose of pixel art anyway.Second, that MoLtoran head is really too far forward - It might be set accurate, but the set looks goofy and it'll work better in a more natural position above the shoulders.

webbanner.gif

Latest Update: STORM AND SAND

Not a bad kit, but I have two thoughts:First, why on Earth do you need seventy thousand values for every hue? More than four is just overkill for something this tiny unless you're actively aliasing it which defeats the purpose of pixel art anyway.Second, that MoLtoran head is really too far forward - It might be set accurate, but the set looks goofy and it'll work better in a more natural position above the shoulders.

As the creator of the original kit, I believe I can answer both these questions.

First, DSS was in part made to be like a scaled-down version of the MNOLG Character-Creator Kit, and uses the same colour palette. I chose to use the full range of colours because it allows for more shading and difference of tone, giving the sprites a more three-dimensional and textured look. I personally find that it doesn't take SO much patience to recolour with a 9-tone palette.

Second, I can't really speak for this because the MoLtoran sprites are a fan addition by TNT, but the kit was made to be very set-faithful. If the sets looked hunch-backed, then the sprites look hunch-backed.

If you take a look at my originals, you can see many more example uses of the kit including one larger-scale sprite (Tahu) which better showcases the advantages of my 9-tone system.

Still, I understand and respect your criticisms and I'm pleased to have had my kit looked at by the creator of the archetypal Bionicle sprite kit :)

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png