Forum Browsing Methods

fishers64

So how do you get around here? Scroll up and down the board index? Hit the view new content button on the upper right-hand corner? Or just pound the F5 button until the little red numbers appear?

Do you stare at your favorite forum or topic, or do you move around all over the place?

I usually to the board index and then, in tabs, open the Blogs, the Tracker, BBC, SS, GA, Comics, G&T, and OTC. I then go through these forums reading through new posts and entries and moderating as necessary. After all of my assigned forums are read, I head back over to the blogs and basically lurk there. Oh and I also occasionally go through GD and make posts and such.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I lurk in the BIONICLE RPG forum until a red number appears, though I also check to forum index for new and interesting topic (that's how I found this one). I'll also take a look in the S&T forum every so often because that forum was the reason I first joined BZP, and I still like to keep an eye on what goes on there.

ppg2.png

I usually start off by checking out any new notifications (opening them all in tabs) and finishing with BZPRPG News and Discussion, assuming there's posts there. Use the link at the bottom of the topic to go to the Bionicle RPG forum and, if the topics I'm paying attention to (right now Po- and Ga-Wahi) have new posts I middle-click the little gear thing to go to open them in tabs. Then I usually use the "Forums" link at the top to jump to the index and hop over to the Blogs and OTC, both in tabs. After checking out anything that catches my eye I might jump over to the Tracker and possibly somewhere else if I feel the need to.

Q2TtLEz.png

View New Content.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I check particular forums myself. I'm probably a bit old-school that way.Generally whenever I visit BZPower, I check Hero Factory set discussion, LEGO set discussion, and LEGO discussion. I check more or less every new post in those subforums. I also check the My Little Pony topic in Completely Off Topic and any topics that interest me in Media Discussion, Digital Discussion, and General Discussion.Occasionally, I check BIONICLE set discussion just to see if there are any topics where I can offer any insight or share my opinions. Topics involving colors are the ones I'm most likely to contribute in since that's my particular area of expertise. I will also occasionally check BIONICLE-Based Creations and General Art, but I don't do that nearly as often as I used to. Perhaps it's just because I'm not as creatively-minded as I used to be, or perhaps it's because I don't see as many impressive MOCs and drawings as I used to in those forums (and those I do see, I often see on other sites as well).

I'll always start with any PMs/notifications I get, then go to the Library/OTC, then the Blogs/the Tracker, then the forums I'm assigned to, and then whatever else I want--usually just COT and occasionally BRPG and GD, among others.

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

I sometimes just browse around looking for something interesting (that's how I found this thread ;)), and sometimes I will use the New Content button.

When there is a specific thread I am actively following, I will receive an email notifying me of a new post, and this email goes into my iPad email app, which sends an iPad notification, which plays a sound. Its like a doorbell, but it rings only when there is a new post! So no need to smash the F5 button.

The BZPower Chat is alive!

Join at: http://xat.com/thebzpc

I am ToaN, from the N continuum...