Have you ever submerged your Bionicles in water?

Perhaps you wanted to add a bit of elemental fun to playing with Bionicles, so you decided to go out in the back garden to your pool and see if it was safe to submerge a Bionicle in water.

I'm curious to see what would happen, especially with the Barraki or the Toa Mahri. I heard from somewhere that ball joins will get too slippery and fall off. Has anyone ever done this?

When I was a child, I loved to reenact the scene from MNOLG II where Hahli had to collect Cowrie Shells and seaweed in the bathtub with paper shells and seaweed. (I worshipped MNOLG II back then. :) Now I like MNOLG way better.) I also frequently submerged Gali Mata and Nuva. If you didn't submerge your Mahri and Barraki in water, then you didn't have fun with Bionicle in 2007. :P

Bliss.png

When I was a child, I loved to reenact the scene from MNOLG II where Hahli had to collect Cowrie Shells and seaweed in the bathtub with paper shells and seaweed. (I worshipped MNOLG II back then. :) Now I like MNOLG way better.) I also frequently submerged Gali Mata and Nuva. If you didn't submerge your Mahri and Barraki in water, then you didn't have fun with Bionicle in 2007. :P

I submerged my Mahri and Barraki many times in my pool :D

But nothing really happened to my sets, however I do know that if plastic is kept in too high of temperatures or too low, it causes joints to expand or become smaller in size or something.

I know that I took my Kalmah under the "sea" (my 2-ft. sink full of water) and the joints stayed perfectly snug. But I would always do the cutscene from the Creeping in the Soul music video where Dekar gets pulled into the dark.

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

I know a guy who admits to doing this. You know who you are....

-Insert deep message to prove I am alive here-

I don't think most people realized this, but the Codrex Blaster was meant for the water. Though it still works in the air it was meant for the water.

That's part of why I ordered the Toa Mahri. I believe the chamber of air inside the blaster fills up with water, giving it much more power and momentum.

I don't think most people realized this, but the Codrex Blaster was meant for the water. Though it still works in the air it was meant for the water.

That's part of why I ordered the Toa Mahri. I believe the chamber of air inside the blaster fills up with water, giving it much more power and momentum.

Has anyone actually tried this? I'm curious.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Yup, but water resistance causes too much drag on the rocket. But each shot fires.

new_sig_legacy_2.png

-snip-

-snip-

Yup, but water resistance causes too much drag on the rocket. But each shot fires.

That's kinda what I figured. Were you able to get the water out afterwards?

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Maybe someone could "borrow" a Cordak Blaster from any of their Toa Mahri figures and see the difference? Upload it to ######, maybe? I, too, am curious.

HA! New member doesn't know about BZPower's horrible filtering on that website yet!

Anyway, every shot fires cleanly, but they only go a few inches before the bullets float to the surface.

-snip-

-snip-

That's kinda what I figured. Were you able to get the water out afterwards?

Yeah, they dry pretty quickly.

I heard that the blaster's spring will rust if used in water...

*gasp* NO!

new_sig_legacy_2.png

I heard that the blaster's spring will rust if used in water...

It will. There was a topic similar to this before the Great Dataclysm in the Time Before Time.

"There was no way that was an ordinary Toa, no Toa killed like this. No Toa fought so mercilessly. This hooded thing had single handedly killed hundreds of his Rahkshi children with twin gleaming swords. No that was no Toa.... that thing was Death himself....

Last thoughts of an unknown Makuta on Toa Erebus

Well that's what we called it. :P. The forums were down for awhile and a lot of topics got eaten. I don't know if you were here for that or not I have been gone for 3 years.I know right?

Edited by Erebus Toa of Darkness

"There was no way that was an ordinary Toa, no Toa killed like this. No Toa fought so mercilessly. This hooded thing had single handedly killed hundreds of his Rahkshi children with twin gleaming swords. No that was no Toa.... that thing was Death himself....

Last thoughts of an unknown Makuta on Toa Erebus

Are these topics coming back? Anyway, many of mine have gotten wet, but the only time one actually got submerged in water was when I tried to freeze it. Didn't work out so well.

Okay. I need to know more about this now.

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause

Alright, I just got my complete set of Mahri this morning and have finished building all six of them. (Nuparu and Hahli being my favorites)

I took Matoro's Cordak Blaster, filled my bathroom sink with room temperature tap water, dunked the blaster in the water to get it wet then loaded the missiles.

There a drastic difference in the firing distance of the missiles. Surprisingly, when you fire the blaster submerged in water, as soon as the rockets exit their chambers they immediately stopped due to water resistance. They only travelled about an inch away from the blaster's chamber.

However, once you've fired all the missiles, the chambers start to fill up with water. Then you can start firing jets of water from the blaster. Once I surfaced it, you can spit the water out of the blaster about three or four times before it's empty. I then shook the blaster to get any remaining drips of water out.

So I think it's safe to use it in water, but it won't travel as far. I might try it later in my bathtub since it's bigger than the sink. LEGO should've made note of how you could fire the blaster in both water and air, maybe even make the blaster better for water.

Alright, I just got my complete set of Mahri this morning and have finished building all six of them. (Nuparu and Hahli being my favorites)

I took Matoro's Cordak Blaster, filled my bathroom sink with room temperature tap water, dunked the blaster in the water to get it wet then loaded the missiles.

There a drastic difference in the firing distance of the missiles. Surprisingly, when you fire the blaster submerged in water, as soon as the rockets exit their chambers they immediately stopped due to water resistance. They only travelled about an inch away from the blaster's chamber.

However, once you've fired all the missiles, the chambers start to fill up with water. Then you can start firing jets of water from the blaster. Once I surfaced it, you can spit the water out of the blaster about three or four times before it's empty. I then shook the blaster to get any remaining drips of water out.

So I think it's safe to use it in water, but it won't travel as far. I might try it later in my bathtub since it's bigger than the sink. LEGO should've made note of how you could fire the blaster in both water and air, maybe even make the blaster better for water.

If they did it would probably become better in the air too.

I would hang my bohrok upside down in their canisters and fill it with water. same with my rahskshi. And I would fill a small bowl with water and freeze minifigs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How about nyra ghost blasters? They would work well with water, except the water tight issue between the pump and the bullet.

I kinda think it'd be difficult to get the water out of the ridged squishy chamber.

Haven't tried it in a while, but if I remember correctly there just isn't enough force to get the water through the center and push the "energy" projectile out. The end result is either (again, I haven't tried it in a while) that the water just jets out the sides, or that the projectile exits the barrel at a near-zero velocity (ignoring buoyancy), resulting in the thing just popping up, or sinking, or something. And Cordak blasters were great in principle. If only they worked properly in air... (Or those missiles could shoot through the water without so much stupid resistance)

Edited by Tanu Toa of Earth
toatanusignature.png

How about nyra ghost blasters? They would work well with water, except the water tight issue between the pump and the bullet.

I kinda think it'd be difficult to get the water out of the ridged squishy chamber.

Haven't tried it in a while, but if I remember correctly there just isn't enough force to get the water through the center and push the "energy" projectile out. The end result is either (again, I haven't tried it in a while) that the water just jets out the sides, or that the projectile exits the barrel at a near-zero velocity (ignoring buoyancy), resulting in the thing just popping up, or sinking, or something.

And you have water trapped in your rubber squishy thing.

Closest I got to this was posing Kopaka Mata in snow. 'Course, I had to rebuild him to do this, and when I'd rebuilt him the snow had mostly melted.Never even considered submerging anything LEGO - even at a young age, I was afraid that something indescribably bad would happen to them.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Never even considered submerging anything LEGO - even at a young age, I was afraid that something indescribably bad would happen to them.

Same with me.

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351