Favorite Bionicle Year?

• 3 weeks later...

I'd have to go with 2001, just to think, character wise, the rahi were so technical (from 2001-2004 really they were pretty technical) plus the story, and how in depth it got, plus, i'd love living on that island, and think, in 2002, the bohrok, and rahkshi were the best foe in my opinion, just because the bohrok traveled by the thousands, were controlled by giant bahrag, could roll up to become inpervious to almost everything, the rahkshi were just fearce because they looked simply amazing, and had such wonderful posibility, i think 2001-2005 showed the most imagination and originality, and had the most in depth story, (they weren't chasing a mask for 4-5 years, that's for sure) and the bad guys didn't fight other bad guys, they weren't near as predictable, plus that years makuta summed up the look and feel of evil, i absolutly do not think you could have made a better makuta had they tried (and they did) plus exo-toa/boxor were really epic, heck, even the 10023 master builder set is awesome, when you are lucky enough to see all 15 rahi side by side (thanks to ebay)

I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

2001 for nostalgia's sake, but honestly - the most characterization the Toa got was a blurb on an advertisement. There wasn't much content. So my final answer is 2006. It really started to feel like everything was pulling together. And you really can't go wrong with that year's books.

I just realized this is in the "sets" subsection. Judging by the sets, I have to go with 2002, because Nuva.

Has following the story become too complex? Look no further:

How to Follow BIONICLE

A Simple, chronological checklist

UPDATE May 22 2013: Every is now color coded!

Contains every bit of content, organized by story year