Is Galidor Worth it?

Kanakalackin

Galidor are horrible LEGO sets. If you want something like Bionicle, don't even think about it. If you're getting them because they are LEGO, and for no other reason, stop right there and don't get them.

However, they are very good action figures. If you look at them, and don't associate them with LEGO, they are quite good.

In short, bad LEGOs, good action figures.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Just looking at them, I see something completely different to what Lego does. In fact they look nothing to what Lego does. Right now I see action figures that could have been made by another company, other than Lego.

But if you want them go ahead. But I I'd say they are not for it, since if i bought one, I'd sell it.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

Galidor was basically designed not as a building toy, but as a series of action figures with an interchangeable parts gimmick which doubled as a slight building component. The parts are compatible with LEGO (they attach with integrated Technic pins in a "click hinge" style similar to the click hinges in the Bahrag/Makuta sets or the Knights' Kingdom II constraction sets), and have even been expertly integrated in some MOCs, but buying the sets for their building potential is not a very good bet unless you're one of those builders who delights in creatively using awkward and specialized parts.Searching "Galidor" on Brickshelf or Flickr brings up some examples of creative MOCs using Galidor parts.The story was all right, so if you look up recordings of the TV episodes on the Internet you might even see some value in buying the toys for the characters themselves, as you might do for any other brand of action figure. In truth they're high-quality as far as action figures are concerned, though I imagine the click hinges could be somewhat distracting during role-play. If you imagine a large action figure with interchangeable parts and the material, mold, and color quality you'd get in a LEGO set, that's more or less what Galidor parts are.If there's a TDN Module among the sets, could you take some pics for me? I've been wanting to build one in LEGO System and the pics available on the Internet are not all ideal for reference. For instance, I think there's a hatch in the back, but have never found any pics of it open.

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

If you're getting them for free, you might as well accept them and see what you think. You'll be a better judge of that than other people with different preferences. :P

If play value is all you want, then honestly the usual criticisms you'll hear people give are probably irrelevant -- they move and stuff like any action figure. If MOCing is what you want it'll be much more of a challenge but I've seen a few good uses online.

Edit: And oh hey this goes in Sets... moving...

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

If there's a TDN Module among the sets, could you take some pics for me? I've been wanting to build one in LEGO System and the pics available on the Internet are not all ideal for reference. For instance, I think there's a hatch in the back, but have never found any pics of it open.

No, sorry. It would be (these are doubles, BTW) Nepol, Gorm (McD promo), Kek Powerizer, Jens, and Jens (McD Promo). The sets altogether that my friend has (some are incomplete) are: the previously mentioned sets, Gorm, Gorm deluxe (incomplete), Nick (incomplete), Ooni (incomplete), Nepol McD Promo, Euripides (incomplete), and Nepol and Shimmel.

EDIT: Actually, he might have the TDN module. After closer inspection to the photo, the wings that I saw don't go to Nick deluxe, but rather to the TDN module.

Edited by Wasp

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

Galidor is good. Not great, but not horrible as everyone says either. It's a line designed around Nick glinching ability from the show. In short, it's a gimmick line, but the figures aren't sacrificed. I say take them.

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

Galidor is amazing. Don't believe the haters.

Lego killed Galidor for Bionicle. Never forget.

The other day a thought occured to me. Do you think Galidor might have been slightly more successful if Bionicle hadn't launched first? Lego came up with Galidor to follow up on Bionicle's success, but it's possible many potential customers may have passed on it due to Bionicle already satisfying their demand for Lego action figures. I don't expect it would have been a success in that case (too many other issues with the theme, not the least of which was the delayed television debut in countries other than America and Canada), just perhaps less of a failure.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I used to think Galidor was just a heap of blah, but having acquired a few Galidor pieces at BF NE, my opinion has shifted slightly. The giant torso pieces are ridiculous and I can't vouch for how they'd look or function as assembled figures, but the design of the pieces is actually pretty good and I want to incorporate some of them in future MOCs.

OpAXNpl.jpg

Well, as far as the construction aspect goes, they're horrendous. They're practically standard one-piece action figures. So, in that regard, I guess they're okay to play with. Not sure why anyone would want to play with toys based on that awful tv show, though...

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

Galidor is love, Galidor is life. The sets are fun to mish-mash, and the MOCing possibilities are actually not bad.

(No Tom Lynch is not paying me to say these things how desperate do you think I am to repay my student loans?)

tumblr_mqdlmepiG01rf11n3o1_500.png

If there's a TDN Module among the sets, could you take some pics for me? I've been wanting to build one in LEGO System and the pics available on the Internet are not all ideal for reference. For instance, I think there's a hatch in the back, but have never found any pics of it open.

My brother has the TDN, There is no hatch on the back, but there is a hollowed out section used to grip it.

My HF Short Story: Betrayal Reversal: http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=3481

• 3 weeks later...

Are you getting paid for it? Then ask your friend to double the price and then take them. :P

The look so much like MegaBloks. XD

They don't look like any sort of blocks at all, actually. They're action figures.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Are you getting paid for it? Then ask your friend to double the price and then take them. :P

They don't look like any sort of blocks at all, actually. They're action figures.

I think what he was trying to say was the fact that they looked similar to the Mega Bloks action figures (i.e. Halo).

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

I think what he was trying to say was the fact that they looked similar to the Mega Bloks action figures (i.e. Halo).

Yes, exactly. Dat stuff is just... guh. :P

-G u u R a h K

Are you getting paid for it? Then ask your friend to double the price and then take them. :P The look so much like MegaBloks. XD

I didn't even realize Mega Brands' Halo action figures were even still being marketed under the Mega Bloks brand name. I guess it's just my age talking... when I was growing up, Mega Bloks action figures (Blok Bots, Neo Shifters, etc.) were more along the lines of either BIONICLE sets or the Knights' Kingdom constraction sets from LEGO.

Are you getting paid for it? Then ask your friend to double the price and then take them. :P The look so much like MegaBloks. XD

I didn't even realize Mega Brands' Halo action figures were even still being marketed under the Mega Bloks brand name. I guess it's just my age talking... when I was growing up, Mega Bloks action figures (Blok Bots, Neo Shifters, etc.) were more along the lines of either BIONICLE sets or the Knights' Kingdom constraction sets from LEGO.

They actually have a very little MegaBloks logo on the corner. The Halo logo stands out much more.

And talking about NeoShifters, I used to believe they were BIONICLE sets too. lol

Edited by Predator - Jungle Hunter

-G u u R a h K

Yes... definitely not as attractive. I didn't like the ones I got.

I don't think you'll like Galidor toys unless you liked watching the Galidor television series. http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Galidor&oq=Galidor&gs_l=youtube.3..35i39l2j0l8.3455.3608.0.4041.2.2.0.0.0.0.60.119.2.2.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.49EUR6LSUCY Usually, people don't like Galidor toys because they think they're the worst kind of Legos ever created compared to every other lego set ever invented. But I hope you like them though. Galidors are cool figurines. B-) What I like the most about Galidors is mixing and matching different parts.