Metru-Nui On Blender

Takaru 1111

Pretty nice!I like the chute, although it could be smoother. Do you know how to make sharp rounded edges? It's pretty easy, on whatever box your making add a subsurf level or two. Then in edit mode, add a few loops with Ctrl-R, and slide them really close to the edges. That gives a more realistic edge look, since no edge in real life is perfectly sharp.

jlovfkk.jpg

Pretty nice!I like the chute, although it could be smoother. Do you know how to make sharp rounded edges? It's pretty easy, on whatever box your making add a subsurf level or two. Then in edit mode, add a few loops with Ctrl-R, and slide them really close to the edges. That gives a more realistic edge look, since no edge in real life is perfectly sharp.

Thanks I usauly just use the bevel modifier, but I kinda forgot :(, I'll post an updated version here in a sec. Updated; Onu-Metru 2.0 Edited by taku nova of planet earth

Thanks I usauly just use the bevel modifier, but I kinda forgot :(, I'll post an updated version here in a sec.
I personally like the look of subsurfing better, it's a little more subtle.
jlovfkk.jpg

Thanks I usauly just use the bevel modifier, but I kinda forgot :(, I'll post an updated version here in a sec.
I personally like the look of subsurfing better, it's a little more subtle.
I'll try it on Le-Metru :)

wow. the best thing i ever made on blender was a cube.how did you get all your skillz?

Hours of messing around, practice, and tutorial videos :P And Heres Le-Metru
Pretty cool!I think the next step would be to smooth out the chutes, maybe add a subsurf level, give it some thickness, and then mess around with the ray-trans settings to give it a glassy feel.
jlovfkk.jpg

wow. the best thing i ever made on blender was a cube.how did you get all your skillz?

Pretty cool!I think the next step would be to smooth out the chutes, maybe add a subsurf level, give it some thickness, and then mess around with the ray-trans settings to give it a glassy feel.
Thanks, do you have sugestions for low-ish poly water?

why dont you try making certain 01 bionicle parts, ecuase the are basicly spheres and cyinders attached to rectangular prisms and triangular prisms.making some '01 toa would be awesome,by just making them piece by piece. i'd love to see that

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

wow. the best thing i ever made on blender was a cube. how did you get all your skillz?

Pretty cool! I think the next step would be to smooth out the chutes, maybe add a subsurf level, give it some thickness, and then mess around with the ray-trans settings to give it a glassy feel.
Thanks, do you have sugestions for low-ish poly water?
Ooh, that's a harder one. It depends on your lighting conditions, depending on the angle and brightness, you can get away without too many settings. If it's dark like most of your pics are, my best suggestion would be to use a wave modifier, and a little bit of trans, with a well textured bottom.
jlovfkk.jpg

why dont you try making certain 01 bionicle parts, ecuase the are basicly spheres and cyinders attached to rectangular prisms and triangular prisms. making some '01 toa would be awesome,by just making them piece by piece. i'd love to see that

That might be my next project :).

Ooh, that's a harder one. It depends on your lighting conditions, depending on the angle and brightness, you can get away without too many settings. If it's dark like most of your pics are, my best suggestion would be to use a wave modifier, and a little bit of trans, with a well textured bottom.

I used the wave modifier, I think it looks good.

It looks like something you'd see in a CGI animation. The chutes could be better, though.

Thanks. And here is Ga-Metru

I use Blender a bit, so here's what I think of it:

• [*]The chutes turn too abruptly on some of the pictures. (Namely Onu- and Le-Metru) I would fix it by extruding more often and rotating a little less.[*]The edges of some objects are a little jagged, subsurf modifier will help you a lot there.[*]I can tell you're using flat shading a lot. If you have a rounded object (Like the shutes) you really should use smooth shading. I can see that you DID use smooth shading on Po-Metru and Ta-Metru.

I understand that your skills definitely improved over the period in which you made these. Ko-Metru is much much better than Onu-Metru, so I can easily see that.That's about it.One question: How did you make it so... Ice-like in Ko-Metru? Because I think that looks really cool.

gckrastin_banner.png

Researchers in the U.K. have developed a vegetable called “super broccoli” designed to fight heart disease. Not to be outdone, researchers in America have developed a way to stuff an Oreo inside another Oreo.

Hello there, I am a brony!

:D

I use Blender a bit, so here's what I think of it:

• [*]The chutes turn too abruptly on some of the pictures. (Namely Onu- and Le-Metru) I would fix it by extruding more often and rotating a little less.[*]The edges of some objects are a little jagged, subsurf modifier will help you a lot there.[*]I can tell you're using flat shading a lot. If you have a rounded object (Like the shutes) you really should use smooth shading. I can see that you DID use smooth shading on Po-Metru and Ta-Metru.

I understand that your skills definitely improved over the period in which you made these. Ko-Metru is much much better than Onu-Metru, so I can easily see that. That's about it. One question: How did you make it so... Ice-like in Ko-Metru? Because I think that looks really cool.

Thank you, for Ko-Metru I messed around with Subdivide's fractal setting, and also the mirror and transparency settings