Random Movie Insights : The Legend Reborn

fishers64

You've waited too long for this one. Theme: What Really Matters. More specifically, what really matters is friendship. Also, what you do when life is bad. Do you try to fix it (Mata Nui), hope to escape (Kiina), or give in to despair? (Ackar, and by extension, most of the people on BM, except for the villains) I'm not going to list all the reactions, but you get the idea. Main Character: Mata NuiSecondary Major Character: Ackar. As per usual, he embodies the lack of understanding of What Really Matters, which Mata Nui has to show him. * * *OpeningThe first shot we get out of this movie is a volcano. Anyone remember the volcano in Journey's End where Mata Nui found the knowledge he needed? That undone last trilogy movie might have begun with a shot of just that volcano. (Well, it might have been Ihu, but it's still a mountain. Counts.)Also, mega bonus points to the landscape rendering guys here. We get a beach, then a mountain, then an aerial viewpoint, almost as if we were flying away. Which Mata Nui does shortly thereafter. Nice homage. Further, the destruction of the mountain represents the destruction of knowledge. Mata Nui DescendingFirst off, Mata Nui has just lost half his memory and is in pretty bad shape. It is also clear from the opening voiceover that this movie, especially the opening, is from Mata Nui's perspective. So if you had not been paying attention to your insides for the past 97,000 years or so, you probably wouldn't have a very good grasp on what they looked like. Or how your camoflage system works. Viewed from Mata Nui's perspective, the opening makes sense. And contenuing the age-old tradition of falls at the beginning of Bionicle movies, behold Mata Nui's metaphorical (and literal) fall, with Makuta, the epitome of Me, Myself, and I All Alone because I Am Just Awesome Like That looking on. But there's no excuse for the way the robot stood up here. While Mata Nui might view his standing up with more grace, the cheap CGI is an insult to the Makuta, who can't seem to stand up properly. Which is realism. Arrival on Bara MagnaFirst off, we must estabilish that Bara Magna hates people. It's pretty ticked at Mata Nui for crashing into it and leaving a giant crater. (It's almost as if Mata Nui is trying to assert his status by making a huge crater and Bara Magna is just like "you are worthy of bugs.")The first emissary it sends to attack Mata Nui is a bug. The Mask of Life reacts by giving Mata Nui a body. It also probably modified Click's mind to make him more friendly to this guy that showed up. After all, Click was the Scarabax who touched the mask. The Mask might have also given him some intel on what was going on next: the bug isn't surprised or anything. He actually yawns. Also explains why Click goes for the Mask again - probably looking for information, but got turned into a sheild instead. The Ignika has no morals, but it's Mata Nui's friend. Then Bara Magna decides that was too weak, so the next up is a Vorox. The Mask of Life reacts by giving Mata Nui a sheild, and he lives. Then we see a sapient lifeform next. It's no wonder Mata Nui expects an attack - this planet is hostile. You will also see an odd bonelike structure in the background to the crater as Mata Nui comes in. I wouldn't put it past this movie for it to be a carcass of a biomechanical dino that the Scarabax were eating. Realism here. Metus --> An Arena Match"What happened here?""I would say it was-""Evil.""I was going to say earthquake, maybe volcanic eruption, but evil works."Metus is evil. Evil works? It does, huh Metus. It also gets you turned into a snake. :P In further case, Metus is a slimy smooth talker with questionable morals from the beginning. Traitor? No surprise. Also, if you get attacked by bugs and beasts upon going somewhere, pretty sure that place does not have your better interests at heart. Also, the Arena Match system is actually not very rewarding to the warriors after awhile. That's because the amount of disputes never ends, so you keep on fighting. And because resources are limited on Bara Magna, you're fighting for the same old stuff over and over again. I imagine that would get old fast. If the metaphorical fall of Mata Nui wasn't enough, we also get a literal fall of Mata Nui into the arena. This is a Bionicle movie, dagnabbit. Characters fall in those things. And Raanu and Metus, also people who don't know the theme look on, and the secondary major character is involved, as usual. Further, Mata Nui's mention of Toa is a Mask of Light homage. Not to mention the drop in the fiery pit. And just to show how messed up this world is, the ice people are nasty here and the fire people win. The water people are insulted in this movie too. Sometimes I like to view this movie as the opposite of MoL. The Mata Nui saga was all about preserving a place that was a cool paradise from an enemy - Makuta, whereas this one is a restoration of a wasteland. Takua was a lowly irresponsible Matoran who learned to use the Mask of Light at the end; Mata Nui already has the scmancy mask at the beginning of the his film, and he's lost most of his heroic glory. And once again, the Ignika proves to be Mata Nui's friend. Ackar's homeThe spinning rims: I got to address this, because in this scene it's real noticable. While the Agori may be organic, they do have Great Being implants to asist them. They're machines, and machines usually have status indicators to indicate orperation. An Agori would want to know if his implant broke down immediately, so that he could fix it. I think the spinning rims serve as that status indicator. They might have had caps at one point, but those were obiviously lost over 100,000 years. And Mata Nui's body should blend in with that - and besides, he's biomechanical anyway. I also get to reexamine the "Woohoo!" Line. It appears that Kiina made some comments about Mata Nui winning her bets. Also, she goes into a dance right after the infamous line, which might have annoyed some people more than the line itself. The other thing is that the scene is realistic - after that emotional rush, Kiina stumbles awkwardly about and even makes logical errors: "Don't even think about pulling a fast one because you're my ticket out of here." That's illogical, because if he does pull a fast one he is not a reliable ticket to anywhere. However, it's consistant with someone who is emotionally rattled. Canyon Fight to Tajun LabNotice that Ackar only does one flip in this fight. Nobody else does flips in the course of the flim, and I'm of the opinion that the ability comes from years of training and skill, not agility. I've practiced martial arts, and I've seen guys who are older than me do those types of flips, although a bit smaller. I can't do that to save my life, even though I'm normally young and agile. It takes a certain amount of physical dexterity, but I'm not sure that diminishes with age. I also blame Great Being implant enhancements for additional strength. If these enhancements were that good, it would make sense that the enemies would attack that stuff first. That would explain the "Berix repairs Gresh" scene. Further, nothing says Berix didn't have the Agori equivelent of a first-aid kit for organic damage. Although there must not have been too much, as Gresh is up and at 'em in the next scene. The sand surfing scene is hard to justify, but let's put it this way. The Mask of Life can give whatever powers it wants to whomever it wants. So I think it might have been nice to Mata Nui and given him enhanced senses, including a good sense of timing and balence. This might have been to compensate - Mata Nui would likely be used to the detail of giant robot sensors, so this would be to make the whole thing more habitable. This could include enough sensory detail to identify weak points in rock or blast Bone Hunters with such accuracy. I think the yellow flash there didn't bring down that gorge; I think it was to repair Mata Nui's blade from the damage of plunging into solid rock. I could also say that the Mask gave Mata Nui the ability to shoot pure energy, but I think that is a bit much, as yellow always indicates the Mask's usage here. A sensory boost would also explain why Mata Nui could detect the Bone Hunters' presence before the others did, how he detected the lack of elemental powers in the Glatorian, etc. Also, Mata Nui might have had access to the Mask of Life's knowledge here, and Toa Ignika did ride a skyboard back in 2008. It might also have helped Mata Nui recognize the UDD. So I generally find the complaints about Mata Nui being too smart to be a little unfounded. I have to give points - the Tajun fight actually makes the Bone Hunters seem like a real threat. They surround Kiina and Ackar, and it takes Mata Nui's gun blasts to save them. They are enough of a problem that Mata Nui decides to do a one-on-one fight instead of confront them all. So they aren't whistling Dixie. Ackar makes a point of pointing out how inexprienced Mata Nui is by knocking him over and knocking Click off his back. And for the record, any time we visit the water people's home, things get destroyed. Remember the Great Temple destruction in WoS? Further, it's water people's village that gets destroyed, as opposed to the fire guy's village. Reverse MoL. Also, why do all the water people have all the knowledge and valuable items, whether it be the Great Temple or the Tajun lab?Reading the Bionicle letters on the wall is "Lego" "Bionicle" and "Secret Lab". Nothing interesting there, kids. Move along. TesaraTesara is a ball joint, socket, and two technic pins standing up in the air. Covered in mud and vine-webs. This is what happens when the Great Beings don't play with their Lego. Also foreshadowing. Then we get another MoL inversion. The guy who gets the power is actually the old responsible guy. Jaller, er, Ackar. And remember Takua's "I am Takanuva." moment where he shoots light energy at stuff. In Ackar's case, behold this awesome pillar of fire. It's also a nice twist on the theme - first off that Ackar isn't giving up like he was before, and second, that what really matters is that I have a friend who saved my tail in the arena and gave me awesome powers LIKE THIS. And that is worth a whole lot more than pointless arena matches, so be quiet. It's a message. Also, Mata Nui was standing on one of the "Technic pins" when the villages were put together. Probably the shorter one on the right. Tuma vs. Mata NuiFor all the bluster about Tuma being too easy, remember what I said earilier about GB implants? It's only inevitable that one would fail after 100,000 years. Do you expect THE MIGHTY TUMA to admit that his implants failed and that he needs medical? I don't. Weakness looks bad. "Arrogance can topple giants. Trust me, I know." It's a shame Makuta can't hear this. Meet the Real MetusFirst off, angry animals are a force to be reckoned with. Second, I doubt the Bone Hunters treated their steeds with TLC. So I can imagine that one would be ticked enough to kick over a bunch of them. The fact that Berix happened to be riding it, and that last move with the sheild can be attributed to dumb luck. It happens. (However, if I was writing the story Berix would end up captured again, and I would totally use that as sequel bait. I'm allowed to say that because this movie takes place in 2009. :P) Although Berix does get buried in rock, so his luck does run out. Also, I find it ironic that Metus was busted by Vorox in the end. It puts a whole new spin on the beginning of the film - perhaps Metus was out Vorox hunting ahen he found Mata Nui? Or better yet, the Vorox decided to take Mata Nui's side once they saw he was against the Skrall? Mata Nui even turns enemies into friends here!Sadly, that magic doesn't work on the Skrall, Bone Hunters, and Metus. Well, it doesn't work on Metus. So it's time for the old fashioned magic mask. That will put a dent in your profit margins. And the old fashioned Power of Unity. Which always works. This is a Bionicle movie, in case you missed the UDD in the sky and the falls at the beginning. So there.Previous Random Movie Insights (Don't Post in them, they are long past revival):Mask of LightLegends of Metru NuiWeb of Shadows

Edited by fishers64

"Further, the destruction of the mountain represents the destruction of knowledge."

I'm pretty sure that was just supposed to represent a giant robot smashing it's way through a mountain that was resting on it's face.

Overall, this was an interesting and entertaining read, but I remember your other three being a bit better. Not your fault, they were better movies.

Except Web of Shadows. I hate Web of Shadows.

You should do an insight thing on the Mata Nui Online Game. Or, if you're really feeling ambitious, you could try BIONICLE: The Game. :P

I was serious about the MNOG insights, though.

And now, a mere 3 hours after I thought I was done writing for the rest of the summer (until the final week, where I gotta do all my AP stuffs), you have inspired me to write a comedic-styled review of this movie.

"Further, the destruction of the mountain represents the destruction of knowledge."

I'm pretty sure that was just supposed to represent a giant robot smashing it's way through a mountain that was resting on it's face.

I laughed too much at that.

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause

Thanks for the responses. Yeah, I know that there wasn't as much insight to pull out of this one. Mostly I wanted to estabilish that the Great Beings were very much influencing things here, and to address some of the criticism of the film.

I laughed too much at that.

As in overcoming adversity, i.e. ditching the junk on your face that's holding you back? :P

Or are you laughing at the wit my formal voice occasionally evokes?

Edited by fishers64

Tesara is a ball joint, socket, and two technic pins standing up in the air. Covered in mud and vine-webs. This is what happens when the Great Beings don't play with their Lego. Also foreshadowing.

So the Great Beings invented LEGO?

No, they just invented Bionicle.

As for MNOG, I'll consider it. Maybe next year. :P

I loved the insights of the first three movies. This one was entertaining to read, but did not go as deep as the first ones, probably because The Legend Reborn is... what it is. I liked reading this, though. I always feel good when reading TLR criticism. :P

Ugh. The Legend Reborn. When the movie was about to come out, there was so much hype about it."Oh my Great Beings! I heard Worf is in this movie!""What the Karzani? Is that Winnie the Pooh?""HEY! It's a new BIONICLE movie! With BIONICLE characters in it!"Of course, as most of us know, the movie was not perfectly received by fans. Many of the comments by the fans who had recently seen the movie were something like this:

"It was okay, but the music wasn't as good as the first movie."

"They looked just like the sets, right down to the scheme-breaking red and blue pins.""If I hear another "WHOO HOO!" in my life ever again, I'm going to go kick a puppy."I really don't like kicking puppies, so if you are one of those people who didn't like the film, please don't watch it again. Your close-minded opinion probably won't change.Not to say that I actually like this movie, but I really don't like any of the BIONICLE movies, except Legends of Metru Nui. That one is sometimes a little bit watchable.Please note that this movie came out when I was a bit older, so I'm actually watching this as I write the review. How do those two points relate? I didn't feel the need to watch this movie every day, so I don't have it memorized. Shut up, I've always had a life. It just used to consist of watching BIONICLE movies a lot.Okay, enough stalling. Let's log onto that one video site pop this disc into my PS2, and get watching.Mata Nui, what have they done to you? We are treated immediately with a continuity error, as the island of Mata Nui should be a barren wasteland! Several shots of the island go by as Worf begins to speak about how he was some kind of God, probably before he was recruited to join the crew of the Enterprise. He is a giant robot, who's face makes up the island we all know and love. Worf wakes up, as the Toa had previously repaired his alarm clock back at the end of 2008, and he smashes my childhood by destroying that wonderful island. Thanks a lot, LEGO. Anyway, apparently, his brother, Makuta, was the one who had turned his alarm off, in some kind of evil prank of evil, and was rather mad that the Toa spoiled his fun. As a result of this, he takes over Worf's body, and then smiles at the camera with what is by far the best shot in the entire movie. Sealing the spirit of Worf into a mask, he launches Worf far across the universe, away from his homeland (which is apparently just off the coast of California, if the shot in the movie is to be believed.)I can't really make too much fun out of this next scene, because it is honestly pretty epic. However bad the BIONICLE movies may be, all 4 of them had perfect opening sequences, though the animators really did pass up the perfect opportunity to include the Enterprise in the background somewhere. Star Trek references aside, Worf eventually makes it to a planet that kind of resembles the Death Star upside down. I dunno why, but the upside down ship kinda makes me think that the animators were dissing Star Wars, similar to how some religious symbols can be turned upside down as an offensive manner (or how the Triforce on Demise's sword was upside down, if for some reason the staff of BZPower don't like my analogy), probably because Worf is from Star Trek, not Star Wars, and everyone knows you cannot mix the two unless you wish to start World War III.BOOM!

Worf lands face-first (because he is only a face at this point) in the desert, making a massive crater that a group of bugs feels is a good idea to explore. One of them touches the mask, which activates it. The mask grants Worf a new body, which clumsily stumbles around until he takes notice of the bug. The bug touches the mask, and suddenly gains the ability to become a shield at will. A scorpion-thing attacks Worf, but he manages to block it's attacks with his shieldbug until it's tail breaks, because apparently, the tail that spent thousands of years bashing through armor cannot hit a shield once, or it will break off. Must be a pretty tough shield.After seeing him fall from outer space, and then easily defeat a very dangerous scorpion, a new character named Metus thinks the same thing any business man would think about this situation: This guy will go for a lot of money on eBay. He casually introduces himself to the alien Worf, and brings him and his bug to Ta-Koro Volcanus. In this village, we see a guy with an awesome Russian accent dueling with Winnie the Pooh. The Russian guy cheats, which prompts Worf to intervene, showing the whole world that he has a magical bug in the process. Despite hardly being able to walk moments before, Worf now demonstrates at least average fighting technique, or rather he does after he magically gains a sword. Pooh thanks him for his help, and invites Worf over to his house for honey.The two of them eat the honey, and Pooh begins to talk about his feelings and problems to Worf. This is until Metus interrupts their brochat, and makes it very clear that he has no sense of humor. And then after that... is the one scene that everyone wishes didn't exist.Kiina.She comes, she dances, she sings, and she WHOO HOO!s in a highly obnoxious manner, because she apparently placed a lot of bets on aliens landing right outside their town this week. She eyes up Worf, clearly into him, and ask him if he can take her far away from this place. Don't try to hide it, developers. You guys wanted to ship Kiina and Worf. Oh, and it just so happens that she stumbled upon a secret cave that can help them. What nice luck!As the Glatorian leave to go to that secret cave, we see that SOMEONE is informing the Bone Hunters of the Glatorian's departure. Who could this be? Well, they don't have a voice like anyone else, exactly, but it's clearly not Russian, and Raanu didn't really seem like an important character for me to even bother making fun of in the previous scene, so perhaps it's Metus? I don't know, but his bad jokes may have just been a cover-up for his evil intentions. Anyway, the Glatorian are attacked by a wild giant monster and a bunch of Bone Hunters, but they manage to crush them all with rocks. We hear both the Godzilla Roar AND the Wilhelm Scream within a minute of each other. And somehow, Worf, who could hardly walk this morning, now has pro skills surfing down the side of the cliff on his shield. Seriously, movie? And th-

OH MY GOD THE TEETH! You know what? It's okay, because I wasn't planning on sleeping tonight anyway.Oh, and Kiina's village is on fire. The villagers probably all left as soon as Kiina was out of the village, and decided to burn it so there would be no trace. See, even they think Kiina's annoying.They meet with Gresh, who got his butt kicked by a bunch of Skrall and Bone Hunters, and enter the cave.Okay, you gotta admit, this scene in the cave is fantastic. It's so cool, and mysterious. Kinda reminds me about how Metru Nui was? It's finally the answers, but it just opens up more question. Oh yeah, and Berix. I don't know why, but the portrayal of Berix in this movie has always reminded me a bit of Jim Carrey, specifically his role of Ace Ventura. Apparently, the Great Beings were here, on Bara Magna, and this is where they designed Worf and wrote a lot of gibberish on the walls in their boredom. And the Not So Great Beings also ruined the planet, apparently. Whoops. This is why you kids gotta keep yourselves busy. Hanging out with the wrong crowds always leads to problems.So Worf makes the other Glatorian into Toa, but strangely leaves Berix out (perhaps because he's a just a Matoran, though you'd think Mata Nui would be questioning his gender if he really thought that), and then they depart for Gresh's village. After this, there is a scene I really wish wasn't in the movie, because almost nothing good comes out of it. It's the only time Pooh is seen actually training Worf (which he promised to do in the previous scene), but other than that, this is probably the worst, most embarrassing scene in all of BIONICLE. And that includes the cutscenes from both BIONICLE: The Game and BIONICLE Heroes. And the Rahkshi Rock and Singing Squid animations. And that animation where that one Mahri's head falls off. (EDIT: AND the News Animations in that Swamp Place). Yeah, this scene is that bad. I actually had to go stare at myself in the mirror and cry after this scene. Every bit of it just seems so forced. The dialog is awful, and I don't think even the young children this movie is aimed at can watch this scene without throwing up in their mouths a lot.

And I promised myself I wouldn't go kicking puppies.The group arrives at a Glatorian battle in the "jungle" (which appears to just be two giant tree stumps covered in moss) and OH MY GOD THE VOICES. I was honestly defend by these background voices, and had to look up a video of Morgan Freeman speaking for 6 hours straight in order to regain my hearing. But seriously, what were they thinking? You could have asked the janitors to voice a few lines and gotten better results! Pooh gets a annoyed at the bad acting too, and asks them politely to all shut the heck up or else he will burn them. And when they finally silence the crowd, we hear crickets, because apparently the crickets weren't very impressed with Pooh's new Toa abilities.Berix sneaks out of the village that night, and Kiina follows him, as she decides that her and Worf just isn't going to happen, and this Berix guy looks kinda attractive (the rule of "Evil is Sexy", perhaps? He IS a thief. A natural bad boy. I honestly don't blame her. I'm starting to become attracted to Berix myse- I'm stopping this sentence now), but they are surrounded and killed by Bone Hunters (but they live). Metus quickly tells Worf and the others what happened, and no one questions how he knows this. Anyway, Worf realizes that the movie is almost done, and decides that he must follow the lead of the previous three movies. So, much like Takanuva in Mask of Light, Vakama in Legends of Metru Nui, and Matau in Web of Shadows, Worf completely ignores the Unity part of Untiy, Duty, and Destiny, and goes off alone to fight the Bone Hunters (and Skrall, who might actually be in this movie.)Before leaving, Worf watches as two groups of Agori "unite" "two" villages by dragging the two different giant robot parts (spoiler warning) together. Let's just make this clear: these Agori are mentally challenged. This was one village, not two, and even if they were uniting two, THERE HAS GOT TO BE A METHOD THAT WORKS AT LEAST A LITTLE BIT BETTER THAN PHYSICALLY DRAGGING THE TWO VILLAGES TOGETHER. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? cool dudes! Apparently, Worf has completed his training, despite having a single training session which consisted of him being punched once. Arrogance may topple giants, but Worf is only like 6 feet tall now, so he's in no danger.Worf arrives at the Skrall place, and we ACTULLY SEE SKRA- they kinda just stand around and make noises. *sigh* At least Tuma's cool- TEH MIETEY TOOMAH! *sigh*. He, much like Teridax, talks REALLY slowly. But once he realizes that Worf is here for a fight, his speech speed increases greatly, and he begins to basically destroy Worf. That is until Worf notices Tuma's back is glowing blue, kinda like a video game boss, to show off his weak point. Worf elbows him there, and Tuma decides to keep the grand BIONICLE tradition of having characters who die on screen in movies die for no reason at all. Three elbows to the back, and Tuma is on the ground, lifeless (though I've been told that he lived, I find this hard to believe).Metus then reveals that HE, the only character in this movie who could be the traitor, was the traitor all along! GASP! He begins to educate Worf on how stocks are down on Glatorian, but the Skrall have an ever growing economy, and then tells the Skrall to kill Worf. Noticeably, he leaves Kiina's magic water gun behind in the sand. Big mistake he made. Also, Tuma's body is absent in the shots of the arena now, so I am led to believe that the Skrall probably devoured him. Yum.But then suddenly, a giant Malum made out of bugs appears over the horizon! I don't even know if it's possible, but this Click Kaita comes and starts... kinda just thrashing at the air. But it's enough to send the Skrall into panic, as they and the Bone Hunters run around wildly! Metus orders the Skrall to unleash the beasts that they had chained up, because, what the heck, it's already chaotic, so he might as well add to it.The army of Glatorian and Agori arrive, and Berix admits that no one loves him, and he had not received a gift within the last 100,000 years. And I thought I had a sad love life. But you learn why in a few seconds. Berix has a scene that is almost as bad as the one I mentioned earlier as being the worst, as he completely ruins any image you had for him.Metus tries to flee, but the beasts he ordered to be unleashed for no reason before hold him back, and Worf grabs him. And instead of just slitting his throat right there, he decides to turn Metus into a snake, because this movie isn't even trying anymore.Apparently, all the other Glatorian and Agori in this battle have died, because they are absent from every shot of the battle, and now the entire Skrall and Bone Hunter army has cornered the main characters. Kiina, Pooh, and Gresh are fighting for their lives (who cares about Berix after that last scene?), and Worf throws himself into the mix. They go full Unity and unleash the sacred Power Ranger Kamehameha, which hits and kills the entire army. Except they all live, and end up running away. You know, directors, it's okay it kill of nameless troops in a kid's movie, right?Both of the Glatorian from that final Glatorian match are also still alive, but no one cares because they had about 30 seconds of screen time total. Berix is found under a pile of rocks, and Kiina confesses her love for him, having gotten over Worf when she realized that he's from a place that doesn't have reproduction.The Agori now pull together all the villages, despite the fact that they clearly all died in the battle earlier, and reveal that the villages are actually just the parts of a giant robot. By some miracle, they manage to assemble it without the instruction manual. I've checked LEGO's website, and the instructions aren't there. Apparently, no one remembers this giant robot, because everyone must have been looking the other way when the Great Beings launched a 40 million foot tall robot and it crashed onto their planet. Berix gives a coin to Pooh and Worf, and they realize that it has the same symbol on it as the shield Berix is holding. Kiina says this out loud, despite the fact that she's a bit too far away and BEHIND Berix and the shield, but she knows it in her heart. Worf says that the quest begins now, setting up a sequel that never happened, and I think I'm really not that disappointed about that.BUT WAIT! There is an extended ending! I wonder what amazin- Never mind. That somehow just made the entire movie indefinitely worse.

But you know what? Despite my completely satirical and sarcastic post above, I'm gonna get all deep and meaningful here. This is a kid's movie. BIONICLE was a kid's toyline. Why are we complaining about this movie being too light-hearted? Too cheesy? It's honestly better for kids than the other 3 were. This movie didn't take itself too seriously, which is a big complaint I'm sure many parents had with the other 3, and this movie just had an atmosphere better suited for kids. It's better than a lot of garbage fed to kids these days, and even the music isn't that bad (it's just nothing compared to the original score). So, I'm going to say that, for kids, this is the best BIONICLE movie, and, wow, this paragraph is vomit-inducing.

The Legend Reborn is best described by the following words: "It sucks".

And you all sure as heck had better know exactly who I'm quoting with that line.

Edited by Ghabulous Ghoti

This has helped me see TLR in a different light, and I don't hate anymore. It's still the weakest BIONICLE film though, in terms of story, but the animation is excellent.

"Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all."
- Tahu