TITANS AND MONSTERS: ATTACK ON BZ KORO!

Hahli Husky

siteheader.png

TITANS AND MONSTERS: ATTACK ON BZ KORO!

===============================

Entry List

Attention all citizens of BZ Koro! War is upon us and the time to act is now. Colossal monsters and monolithic titans are locked in an astronomical struggle for control of the city! The suva has been destroyed, monuments crushed, beaches invaded and civilians in danger, but this is no time to evacuate. Only one side can emerge triumphant, and they're both calling on you to rise up and aid their causes! Why are they fighting? Who are their champions? How do their battles play out? What sort of epic soundtrack is playing in the background? It's time for you to step up and make history!

YOUR ASSIGNMENT

Before 11:59 pm Eastern Daylight Time on August 9th, 2013, you must design your own titan or monster and/or describe or depict part (or all!) of the fight in any of the following ways:

• Build a MOC!
  • Write a short story or comedy!
  • Draw a picture!
  • Make a movie!
  • Compose some music!
  • Create a comic!
  • Design a game!

Entries can be either LEGO or Bionicle-themed, or completely unrelated to LEGO and Bionicle!

LEGO and Bionicle-themed entries will need to be posted in their appropriate forums:

All non-LEGO and non-Bionicle stories, artwork, comics, music, movies, and game designs should go in Off-Topic Culture.

Once you've created your entry and posted it in the appropriate forum, post in this topic and provide the information as specified in each category's rules section.

After the entry period is over, each category will compete via public polls, and the first-place winners in each category will be awarded with a LEGO prize! Then, the first-place winners of each category will go head-to-head in a final poll to determine THE CHAMPION! This grand-prize winner will receive an additional LEGO prize!

First place winners in each category will receive a randomly-chosen medium sized Hero Factory bag set! (worth $12.99 USD)

The grand-prize winner will receive the new Star Wars Mandalorian Speeder set! (worth $24.99 USD)

But hold up there, new recruits! Before you get to work, there are some special requirements you should be aware of!

REGULATIONS

Failure to adhere to the rules will result in disqualification and additional corrective action, if need be. Please be sure to read carefully and refer to this section before asking any questions!!

General Rules

These rules apply to every entry and every aspect of the contest.

1) Please follow all BZPower Rules and Guidelines in your entries and your conduct.

2) ALL ENTRIES MUST FOLLOW THE THEME.

3) One entry per person per category. You can enter as many or as few categories as you wish. However, if you enter a category with an OTC creation, you may not enter the LEGO and Bionicle version of the same category and vice versa. For instance, if you enter an OTC comic, you may not enter a LEGO or Bionicle comic.

4) Everyone may enter and everyone may vote. Members, staff, and even contest staff are all allowed to participate. Even if you didn't enter, you may vote.

5) Your creation must be new and never posted on BZPower previously.

6) All entries must be posted in their proper forums.

7) If you do not post before the deadline, August 9th, 2013 at 11:59pm EDT, you will not be entered. There will be no exceptions for this contest unless there is staff-confirmed forum downtime. In this case, the entry period will be extended as I see fit.

8) No mass advertising your entry (on BZPower) through PM or other means. PMs amongst you and your friends are fine, but nothing more. If you receive an unsolicited advertising PM, please report it. If you wish to advertise your entry, you may do so through your signature or blog, or, of course, by posting an entry topic. Please do follow the signature guidelines.

9) No arguing, whining, or flaming. The first time you are called down, I'll let you walk. The second time, you'll be automatically disqualified from the entire contest. Also, appropriate action will be taken if necessary (ie proto drop, suspension, etc.)

10) NO CHEATING. You will be automatically disqualified and prompt disciplinary action will be taken, which may include loss of proto, suspension, and even banning.

11) If you suspect someone is cheating, PM me (Hahli Husky) immediately. Don't post it here.

12) Post all questions here in this topic. Do not PM the contest host, category hosts, or assistants, please.

13) Discussion is encouraged! Go comment on other folks' entries - this is a friendly competition, after all! Most importantly, make sure you have fun! This is monsters vs. titans, people! Godzilla vs. Mothra! Takutanuva vs. the Rahi Nui! Dimensioneer vs. B6!

BBC and SBC Rules

Category Hosts: DV and Nukaya

Assistants: Chocolate Frogs

1) Do not modify your entry or replace it with a different one after you have posted it. If, after posting your entry anywhere on BZP but before officially entering it (including the blogs), you modify it and then enter it, you will be disqualified. You may only start one topic for your entry.

2) Please post only one main pic in this entry thread and a link to the rest of the pics in the gallery on your image host (most likely Brickshelf, Photobucket, or Flickr). You can do pictures as normal in your own separate thread. If you need help posting pictures, please see this topic.3) Painted and modified parts are NOT ALLOWED.

4) No non-LEGO parts. All other LEGO parts are fair game. There are no restrictions on part type; your MOC can be any combination of system, technic, BIONICLE, Hero Factory, Galidor, Duplo, etc!

5) Pictures in which the appearance of the MOC has been edited in Photoshop or other editing software are also prohibited. If either method is used, the MOC will be disqualified. The background may be edited, as long as it does not alter the appearance of the MOC.6) No "this is unfair" posting. Some people have more parts, money, time, birds, gigs left on your hard drive, etc than others. That's life; we each have to do our best with what we have. Any excessive complaining may, at the judgment of the contest runner, disqualify you!

To enter for BBC or SBC, post in this topic:

• Your member name
  • The title of your entry, containing a link to your entry topic (don't know how to link? Just type your title, highlight it, and hit the link button in the post formatting tools above)

Short Stories and Comedies Rules

Category Host: Hahli Husky

Assistants: GSR, xccj, Velox

1) Please follow all existing rules for the forum you post your entry in. Here are quick links to Short Stories rules, Comedies rules, and OTC rules.

2) Please contain your stories within one post. Comedies may only have one chapter, and short stories must be kept in one post.

3) You are allowed to edit your story until the entry period ends. After that, any editing will get you disqualified.

4) Be sure that LEGO and Bionicle stories are posted in the Library, and non-LEGO and non-Bionicle stories are posted in OTC.

5) There are no word-count limits. But please be advised that, the longer your story is, the less likely voters are to read it.

6) No epics. Not in the Epics forum or OTC.

To enter short stories and comedies, post in this topic:

• Your member name
  • The title of your entry, containing a link to your entry topic (don't know how to link? Just type your title, highlight it, and hit the link button in the post formatting tools above)

Art Rules

Category Host: GSR

Assistants: Velox

1) You may only enter one general art piece. Pretty self-explanatory; however, feel free to go enter other media's contests. The more the merrier (and more likely you'll win!)

2) Entries should be under 3MB maximum. If you need help with converting your image or reducing the filesize, post here and we'll be happy to give some pointers. (As a general suggestion, I recommend saving a JPEG copy and using that as your submission, since that should be a pretty reasonable filesize.)

3) If your entry is over the global BZP image limit of 500KB, you must link it or use a thumbnail, per BZP rules (see below). This is also a good idea if you've got a large submission (say, over 800x800 pixels).

4) Please provide a thumbnail of your entry 128x128 pixels or smaller. It can be whatever format you want (cropped, scaled, what have you), but this is so we can have representations for people to look at during voting without filling the voting topic with huge images.

5) Be sure that LEGO and Bionicle art is posted in General Art, and non-LEGO and non-Bionicle art is posted in OTC.

Other guidelines:

1. Entries can be whatever medium/style you want as long as it falls under the category of general art. If it's a movie or comic or what have you, please submit it to the appropriate contest topic for that forum.
  2. I'll be happy to let people change their entry to accommodate the rules above, but please don't edit your entry to make significant changes after it's been posted. If you really need to change the drawing, PM me and I'll let you know if it's alright. Draw something you can be proud of!

To enter artwork, please post in this topic:

• Your member name
  • Your thumbnail URL

Music and Movies Rules

Category Host: Makaru

Assistants: Hahli Husky

1) Music must be hosted on Soundcloud.

2) Movies must be hosted on Vimeo or YouTube.

3) Be sure that LEGO and Bionicle movies and music are posted in M&M, and non-LEGO and non-Bionicle music and movies are posted in OTC. If you can't decide where your music should go, just post it in M&M. :)

To enter music and movies, post in this topic:

• Your member name

Comics Rules

Category Host: -Windrider-

Assistants: Kakaru

1) Entries should not exceed 3 MB in file size per page. You are allowed to split your entry into multiple files/pages, but each must be less than 3 MB in size.Remember that if your image is above 500 kB in size, you should link to it in compliance with BZPower's global rules.2) Entries must be in GIF, JPEG, or PNG format. Your comic's presentation must be static, with one exception:3) Your comic may be presented as an animated GIF. Other forms of animation, such as SWF files, will not be allowed, as such entries would belong in the Music & Movies category.4) It is highly recommended that you provide a 128x128 pixel crop or thumbnail that represents your comic. These will be displayed in the polls for flavor. For examples of past thumbnails, take a look at the last contest's polls. If you do not submit one, I will use the standard Brickshelf/Majhost thumbnail, and you might not like it!

5) Entries may not be modified once posted unless you have instruction to do so to fix a rules violation, or if you have approval to correct a minor error. All such requests should be PMed to -Windrider-.

6) Be sure that LEGO and Bionicle comics are posted in Comics, and non-LEGO and non-Bionicle comics are posted in OTC.

To enter comics, post in this topic:

• Your member name
  • Your entry thumbnail

Fan Created Games Rules

Category Host: Emzee

Assistants: Kakaru

For this section, we will not be asking for finished games, but ideas for potential games!

1) All game ideas must be your new and original work and cannot have been presented before, whether on paper or as an actual game or game demo. Also, game ideas cannot be direct copies of other titles (e.g. “Bionicle version of [popular game]”). Inspiration is always fine, but the idea here is you see your ideas.2) Entries may not be modified once posted unless you have instruction to do so to fix a rules violation, or if you have approval to correct a minor error. All such requests should be PMed to Emzee.3) Each entry must include the following:

• An objective of the game (the “win” condition)
  • A genre (First Person Shooter, Action-Adventure, etc.)
  • A detailed overview of the game controls (keyboard keys, joystick support, etc.)
  • A detailed description of your game’s mechanics or features (i.e. what can the player do?)
  • A description of your game’s artistic style
  • A description of the story and characters (if applicable)

4) Game ideas should be creative, unique, and fun. Keep that in mind when coming with up with your entry.

5) Be sure that LEGO and Bionicle games are posted in Fan-Created Games, and non-LEGO and non-Bionicle games are posted in OTC.

To enter a game, post in this topic:

• Your member name

VOTING

As stated above, the entries in each category will compete for first place in each category. For this, LEGO and Bionicle divisions will be combined with OTC divisions. So for instance, LEGO and Bionicle short stories will compete with OTC short stories.

If a member wins in more than one category, they will be allowed to choose one of their winning entries to move on to the finals. The category or categories not selected will be represented by their second-place winners in the finals.

Q&A

Q: Does my story/comic/etc need to be canon?A: Absolutely not. It can be as canon or non-canon as you want.

Q: Can my OTC creation be based on another existing story, such as Star Wars or Doctor Who?

A: Sure! Just be sure you are keeping within the theme: Monsters vs Titans.

Q: Do OTC creations need to take place in BZ Koro?

A: No. For OTC works, the battle can take place wherever you wish.Q: Can I use my original characters from another story I created?A: Yes, you can use your characters, setup, locations, all that. Just remember that all creations must be new and not previously posted.Q: I'm a staff member but I really want to enter. Can I?A: Sure! You won't be given special treatment, but we would love for any and all staff to enter!Q: I want to enter but I'm not a BZP member. Can I?A: You'll need a BZP account to enter, since all entries need to be posted on BZP for us to track them.If you're confused or need clarification about anything, please don't hesitate to ask a question! :D We have many contest staff members ready and willing to help!

(THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO ALL THOSE WHO TALKED AND GAVE IDEAS AND WROTE RULES AND ETC. I ADORE ALL OF YOU.)

Remember, citizens: the fate of the city is in your hands! Now get out there and make us proud!

Edited by Hahli Husky

Is pixel art a valid medium for pictures?

Oh, and the Fan-created games forum rules say that there actually need to be work on a game for something to be posted, not just an idea

EDIT: I'm in the middle of making a short-movie and was wondering if you need to make the music for it yourself or if you can use other music as long as you credit the author?

Edited by Toa Kayn

9HYoRY7.pngKayn's Thought: My hiatus of Bionicle has ended

Gonna try to do this. Sounds like a great idea, bringing the whole creative outlet together in one big contest. Love the idea!

-Rez

I'm gonna second that! :D

I've got a fair amount of questions: One, in the Music and Movies section are we allowed to submit a podcast-style entry?Two, can games be a moderator of another game, if necessary we link a video of a walkthrough so people can see what's going on.Three, are text-based Choose Your Own Adventure games allowed? Ones that are complete with working stats and everything?EDIT: Also Princess Grr

If a member wins in more than one category, they will be allowed to choose one of their winning entries to move on to the finals. The category or categories not selected will be represented by their second-place winners in the finals.

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

Oh boy, oh boy! :)

I'll definitely enter the BBC part of this contest, being the only area where I have remotely any skill. Difficult place to put myself though, so many talented MOCists on this forum, and with such an open theme, I suspect this will draw in pretty much all of them.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

I'm just going to come out and say it since no one else has. This was totally inspired by Pacific Rim, wasn't it (epic movie by the way, glad you chose it)Well, I can't wait to enter as many categories as possible!

I'm just going to come out and say it since no one else has. This was totally inspired by Pacific Rim, wasn't it (epic movie by the way, glad you chose it)Well, I can't wait to enter as many categories as possible!

Technically, the monsters in that movie were "aliens".

Edited by Sycron

I'm just going to come out and say it since no one else has. This was totally inspired by Pacific Rim, wasn't it (epic movie by the way, glad you chose it)

Pacific Rim and Attack on Titan, to be brutally honest.

I've got a fair amount of questions: One, in the Music and Movies section are we allowed to submit a podcast-style entry?

PM Me and let me know what you're thinking. M&M isn't the biggest forum, and I would preferably like to see as many entries as possible.

Edited by Makaru

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Is pixel art a valid medium for pictures?

Definitely! In fact that sounds really cool, and I'm looking forward to what you can make. :)

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I was about to point out Shingeki no Kyojin (aka Attack on Titan) due to the little tag thing, then Mak beat me to saying it. So...

Sie sind das Essen, wir sind die Jäger!

And now, I want to do a cover of the Shingeki theme. Too bad I don't have the recording equipment. If I enter, I'll probably go for a moc or a short story.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

As with the BBC contests, please let Hosts answer contest questions. We appreciate the enthusiasm (we really do!) but we've had problems in the past with misinformation being given out at times.

Thank you!

Wait, isn't GSR a host for the Art Category? Unless you were speaking to someone else.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

As with the BBC contests, please let Hosts answer contest questions. We appreciate the enthusiasm (we really do!) but we've had problems in the past with misinformation being given out at times.

Thank you!

Wait, isn't GSR a host for the Art Category? Unless you were speaking to someone else.

WHOOPS

I ask you all to ignore that nonsense I just

Spoiler Alert

Toa Kayn

Here is my art entry

Thumbnail:

P3xZjXt.png

Oh, and the Fan-created games forum rules say that there actually need to be work on a game for something to be posted, not just an idea

EDIT: I'm in the middle of making a short-movie and was wondering if you need to make the music for it yourself or if you can use other music as long as you credit the author?

Approval has been given for entry topics to be posted in that forum in the case of this contest only.

You can use other music, but be sure to ask the creator first if possible. If you are unable to contact the creator, make sure to credit them. :)

By "Titans", can we use giant robot suits of armor?

Yes.

Hey so I haven't made the topic yet, but just so you awesome folks know, in the M&M forum, I will be allowing PODCAST entries, provided they fit the theme. Radio drama? Sports ring broadcast? YOU FIGURE IT OUT.

Any questions, by all means let me know. We're flying pretty loose with this one.

Spoiler Alert

OK, question: Are BBC and SBC considered the same category, as in you can only make something for one or the other? What about short stories and comedies?

Yes, there is only ONE MOC contest, and you can build a system MOC or a BIONICLE MOC or SOMETHING IN BETWEEN! But you can only build ONE MOC.

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

I must devote time to this. I will create something. Broadcast might be interesting....

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Ooh, that radio drama idea sounds very appealing.

Can BZP members collaborate with other members/non-members, given that the coordinator/main talent is the one who enters and "wins?" Because, while I have range, I might want some help. If I get it rolling.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*