BIONICLE Playset Scenes

Aanchir

Everyone remember the BIONICLE playsets from 2005-2007? I'm talking the System sets that included BIONICLE minifigures that varied in accuracy and buildable creatures and structures that were sometimes only marginally connected with the actual story. Obviously they weren't a big part of what people loved about BIONICLE, but they still had a certain charm.I was recently thinking: What scenes from other BIONICLE years do you think would have made good playsets in that style? I figured I'd share this question with BZPower to see what other people thought. I know this is purely hypothetical unless this inspires someone to make a BIONICLE playset MOC, but I thought it'd be interesting.In my case, I think the Kini-Nui scene from BIONICLE: Mask of Light could have been a decent playset from the 2003 story. It could have had a few Toa Nuva minifigures and a few Rahkshi minifigures. A 2004 playset that might have been good could include the Prison of the Dark Hunters (perhaps with a few mini-Kikanalo outside to provide more play opportunities, similar to the Fenrakk Spawn Spiders in 2006, the Kahgarak in the 2005 playsets, and the creatures and vehicles in the 2007 playsets). A Codrex playset for 2008 featuring mini vehicles like Axalara T9 and Jetrax T6 could also be pretty awesome.Sorry if this isn't allowed. I know certain forums have rules against "what if?" topics but I didn't see that in this forum's guidelines, and I think this topic is tangible enough to prompt real discussion, to the same extent as a "what part do you wish existed?" topic does.

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

I once tried to recreate a series of system tubes representing the chute system, but darn if it wasn't complicated.Personally I thought Codrex would have been a great playset addition, yeah. The whole coliseum, too (and not just the BfMN gate) but it would have been quite tall, though I can't think of a particularly affiliated scene. Anything from Metru Nui, really, there was a whole host of interesting structures.

I think playsets could have been used a lot more, but particularly in 2008-2010. I would love a playset featuring the Mata Nui vs Teridax battle. It would also be cool to have a playset featuring the scene from TLR where Mata Nui, Kiina, and Ackar battle the Skopio.

Edited by Trydeltix
Bliss.png

I was about to try and come up with some on my own, but man, the Codrex seriously would've been perfect. If the playsets hadn't ended that year, it probably would have been one.For me, the playsets were really only worth it when they were something big and important (or featured cool stuff). That makes the Kini-Nui another perfect choice. Maybe even a Mangaia that Kini-Nui could be stacked on top of, similar to how the original Hogwarts Castle worked. I'd have simply loved that.Any of the arenas on Bara Magna would've also been cool, but Arena Vulcanus would have made the most sense given its spotlight in The Legend Reborn.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

I was about to try and come up with some on my own, but man, the Codrex seriously would've been perfect. If the playsets hadn't ended that year, it probably would have been one.For me, the playsets were really only worth it when they were something big and important (or featured cool stuff). That makes the Kini-Nui another perfect choice. Maybe even a Mangaia that Kini-Nui could be stacked on top of, similar to how the original Hogwarts Castle worked. I'd have simply loved that.Any of the arenas on Bara Magna would've also been cool, but Arena Vulcanus would have made the most sense given its spotlight in The Legend Reborn.~|ET|~

I would have loved to have seen all of those, particularly the Codrex one.

However, I don't think playsets would have fit in with the 2001 set lineup to be honest. I'm not sure why, but it seems like they would be really out of place. Its definitely a cool idea though.

• Upvote 1
Bliss.png

manas battle, and shadow toa from the first book, kind of would have been epic, espcially with the kaita, or the exo-toa vs. bahrag, possibly takanuva with makuta in 2003 (good old years '01-'03) other then that, since you didn't get an actual morbuzahki (spelling) the battles against that as a lego system would be not only awesome, but imagine the pieces you could get too, and that playablilty

I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

• 6 months later...

A Kini-Nui/Mangaia that could stack would be awesome, but it indeed probably wouldn't fit the tone of 2001. BIONICLE was just getting off its feet. A 2003 Kini-Nui would have been cool, too. (Remember that Kini-Nui looked very different between MNOG and MoL.)

I personally think 2004 had the potential for the best playsets, especially ones that could be tied into the story. With the actual playsets, LEGO actually couldn't think of a way to squeeze the Race for the Mask of Life in there.

My ideal 2004 playset lineup:

Vakama's Forge: Includes Matoran Vakama, Toa Lhikan, Nidhiki, Krekka, and Fire Drone. Play Feature: There's a string hanging near the top tied to a brick-built column. Pulling an axle at the base of the forge releases the string, dropping the column on Krekka!

Coliseum Escape: Includes Toa Vakama, Toa Nokama, Toa Matau, Turaga Dume, and two Vahki. The Coliseum includes the statue of Lhikan and next to it is a chute. The Toa must get past the Vahki and escape to freedom!

Battle of the Great Barrier: Includes Toa Vakama, the six Toa Metru, Makuta and Turaga Lhikan. Vakama faces Makuta on the cliff while the other Toa, in the Lhikan, race toward the light. Play Feature: the columns of liquid protodermis can fall down (think of the Duel on Geonosis from LEGO Star Wars).

• Upvote 1

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!