I noticed an error in Bionicle Adventures #3 the Darkness Below.

On page 38, Vakama encounters Krahka impersonating Nokama. As the Book quotes, Yes, there was a figure up ahead. Lean, Powerful, carrying some kind of wickedly sharp tools, it moved silently through the shadows. Then it out into the light to reveal - "Nokama?"

The light that Nokama/Krahka stepped into was from Vakama's lightstone, as that is the only possibe source of light. Each Toa Metru had one before coming down into the archives. If Nokama/Krahka was carrying a lightstone, then Vakama would have saw her right away. But he didn't and therefore Nokama/Krahka wasn't carrying a lightstone. Shouldn't Vakama have known it wasn't actually Nokama then?

2xu8Ptu.png

Surely it wouldn't be hard for Nokama to have lost the lightstone? Especially if something was wrong with her (all kinds of stuff could do that).

It's really very simple. Krakha looked like Nokama. And so naturally he wondered if it was Nokama. You would react the same way -- the first thing your brain needs to process is that you're seeing someone you know, and you would probably naturally blurt out their name. Your brain needn't go on to go all Sherlock on us to worry about the other details before that -- and most people miss them even after years; that's why Sherlock Holmes type people strike us as unusually brilliant or observative at least. Even the best can miss some of those things.

So, sorry, but this doesn't qualify as an error. It was also almost certainly meant as foreshadowing both to Dume = Makuta and to the fact that the Toa Metru would not immediately assume that they're seeing a shapeshifter (that's the whole point of shapeshifting after all). And I wouldn't even call it a slip really -- his reaction was perfectly natural and reasonable.

Nice try, but I'd consider this one disproven, so I guess I might as well close it. PM me if I missed something (ironicles). :)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)