Advertising Policy Revised

Best thing BZP staff has ever done. 4chan!

That would not be a site that is okay to link to.

I could still mention it though, right?

If you could not mention it, I would have removed it from your post. I do not think, however, that there is much that could be discussed about it on BZP.

Well, I was wondering because I mentioned it in my blog and it got removed.

4chan? Ugh... But I wonder why a certain BIONICLE fan site with the initials, Do NOT bypass the filter. -B6, that was created by someone called, "Purple Dave", is still being blocked by the word filter. :???: :???: :???: It seems pretty odd.

It's been filtered for years. I think the staff hasn't gotten around to changing the filter. And 4chan is a pretty fun site if you stay away from /b/. Edited by Black Six

4chan? Ugh... But I wonder why a certain BIONICLE fan site with the initials, Do NOT bypass the filter. -B6, that was created by someone called, "Purple Dave", is still being blocked by the word filter. :???: :???: :???: It seems pretty odd.

That's the site that taught me all about how to modify Exo-Toa to accommodate Pohatu and Onua! And also Sand Tarakava.

Best thing BZP staff has ever done. 4chan!

That would not be a site that is okay to link to.

I could still mention it though, right?

If you could not mention it, I would have removed it from your post. I do not think, however, that there is much that could be discussed about it on BZP.

But what if you linked to something clean and appropriate?!? :P Edited by Black Six

That's the site that taught me all about how to modify Exo-Toa to accommodate Pohatu and Onua! And also Sand Tarakava.

I know, right? :D I love Do NOT bypass the filter. -B6! So much good stuff on there... Edited by Black Six
Bliss.png

Hey guys, just because we updated the Advertising policy does NOT mean you can just bypass the filter. That's still against the rules and will always be.

Certain websites will continue to be blocked or filtered because of the relationship BZPower has had with them in the past.

Wait, are we allowed to mention the Bionicle wiki and TV tropes now? I guess I shouldn't be giving people any ideas...

You can mention them, but I'd be careful about linking to TV Tropes.

Hey guys, just because we updated the Advertising policy does NOT mean you can just bypass the filter. That's still against the rules and will always be.

Certain websites will continue to be blocked or filtered because of the relationship BZPower has had with them in the past.

Wait, are we allowed to mention the Bionicle wiki and TV tropes now? I guess I shouldn't be giving people any ideas...

Oh, I see. The only reason I bypassed the filter is because I thought it was a mistake that the one site was still blocked by the filter. Sorry about that.

Edited by Trydeltix
Bliss.png

Are you saying that because of content or because you don't want BZP responsible for letting people become consumed with TV Tropes?

Are you saying that because of content or because you don't want BZP responsible for letting people become consumed with TV Tropes?

A little of both. ;) It's more because on a lot of the pages I've seen there's content that wouldn't be appropriate for BZPower.

A little of both. ;) It's more because on a lot of the pages I've seen there's content that wouldn't be appropriate for BZPower.
Agreed. I have been tempted to mention some of the "cleaner" tropes by name in some previous discussions, so that's why I mention it. But I doubt I'm going to be linking there.

Agreed. I have been tempted to mention some of the "cleaner" tropes by name in some previous discussions, so that's why I mention it. But I doubt I'm going to be linking there.

It's probably for the best anyway. Think of how many lives you're enriching by NOT linking people to TVtropes! How many hours you've saved people!

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Yes indeed, this is a welcome change. This will make talking about things a lot easier too, not having to be so coy when referring to certain websites...but I may continue to do so, *NOSTALGICALLY*. I mean, if the word filter ever gets changed, I'll probably still act like it was still there, because it's fun in its own way.

:P

signoff.png

crickety man.....

good nigh t

lonk

BZPower has long had a very rigid and stringent advertising policy limiting what our members could link to on the site. There are several reasons for this, but primarily we want BZPower to be a family-friendly place, and lets be honest, a lot of stuff on the Internet isn't very family-friendly. But still, times change, and BZPower must be dragged kicking and screaming into the future. That's why today we're announcing a major overhaul to our advertising policy and some new functionality on the site to help us keep our family-friendly focus.View the full article

YOUTUBE!!!

Always wanted to loud-shout that! :P

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

Actually, speaking of TV Tropes ... After Google threatened to cut their funding again, they pretty much went on a rampage to take down as much inappropriate content as possible, so I doubt there's really much unsuitable content there any more. Better to be safe than sorry, though.

Well, TV Tropes basically catalogs storytelling devices, and some such devices are by their nature sexually explicit. Even kid-friendly Disney films often might have a bit of risqué humor, and by its nature TVTropes has to catalog that on the appropriate pages. TVTropes has tried to cut down on random swearing and the like, but that doesn't mean every page will be linkable from BZPower, even if it's a page on a work that should ostensibly be BZP-appropriate.Basically, I think if you want to link to TV tropes you'll have to read the whole page you're linking to beforehand, looking out for anything that might be deemed inappropriate, which could be a chore in and of itself. It's up to the staff if they want to allow TVTropes links after you've done due diligence in that fashion.In the very least, referring to TV Tropes is no longer forbidden, which is good because sometimes it helps to be able to mention a trope by a name people have agreed upon rather than just saying "a lot of works have these characteristics".

Ah, at long last Youtube and fcaebook can be mentioned!!!!

I actually came across this somehow just to look at how it's been since Bionicle is basically...dead forever... Guess it's time to write my fanfic about my uber powerful Being mwhahahaha!!! ahem, anyway it's great to know that we can mention these sites. Finally.

So...what can you tell us about any future changes like the word filter stuff?(Like i know that certain words in certain countries are like big taboo, but yeah) the 'your a cool dude' or whatever gets annoying sometimes lol.

BTW, does that mean I can mention other forum sites like maybe perhaps...anime forum sites? or is it still strict with that?

Kenpachi Zaraki Captain of squad 11

Read This to learn about kenpachi.

odstreflect.png

Credit to Republic Commando Darman for the banner.

So...what can you tell us about any future changes like the word filter stuff?(Like i know that certain words in certain countries are like big taboo, but yeah) the 'your a cool dude' or whatever gets annoying sometimes lol. BTW, does that mean I can mention other forum sites like maybe perhaps...anime forum sites? or is it still strict with that?

There will likely be more changes coming to the filter at some point, but I don't have any specifics to share.Yes, you can mention them, and even link to them as long as there's no inappropriate content.

So...what can you tell us about any future changes like the word filter stuff?(Like i know that certain words in certain countries are like big taboo, but yeah) the 'your a cool dude' or whatever gets annoying sometimes lol. BTW, does that mean I can mention other forum sites like maybe perhaps...anime forum sites? or is it still strict with that?

There will likely be more changes coming to the filter at some point, but I don't have any specifics to share.Yes, you can mention them, and even link to them as long as there's no inappropriate content.

What if they happenad to have a weird ad thingy every now and then?

Kenpachi Zaraki Captain of squad 11

Read This to learn about kenpachi.

odstreflect.png

Credit to Republic Commando Darman for the banner.

As someone who's followed both sites for a long time, might I ask what went wrong between them?

I had assumed the other site was unmentionable simply because of the forums they created around '04.

As someone who's followed both sites for a long time, might I ask what went wrong between them?

I had assumed the other site was unmentionable simply because of the forums they created around '04.

The site I assume they're referring to has had a rivalry with BZPower for a long time, and it's not helped by the fact that they've become somewhat of a haven for members banned from BZP. BZP has good reasons for not discussing them, although we really need to get that word filter fixed, since their initials are also a legitimate abbreviation for a commonly-used word in the Lego community.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Youtube Youtube Youtube Youtube Youtube Youtube Youtube Youtube Youtube.

I remember back when I was still a new member and I tried to bypass the word filter on that because I thought it was a glitch. I wasn't the sharpest Kahoni in the Suva back then.

Still feels good to say, though.

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."

YES! Now I don't have to use that Lord Voldetube joke anymore. XD

Favourite post. XD But yeah, pretty much sums up how I felt about that policy.

Been giving me a lot of headache that I would have had to change the watermark containing my DA adress on at least a dozen pre-drawn pages. 8D Not like it would have been that much work, but my PS for some odd reason refuses to be abe to write texts, wich makes title (and in another instance speechbubble) writing a horrifically tedious job.

I myself don't mind the pop-up. Actually I like it. Very good protection against spam-crusades. Also, lets hope it really does bring back some members.

Edited by Stroxx

bio_sig02_lores_by_oyee-d77i3td.jpg

New pages are up! Click to see latest! \(°u°)/

Gallery & conceptart topic - Current: Pre-mut & pre-ev Makuta: Krika | Antroz | Vamprah | Miserix | Bitil | .. 

Older pics: Helryx's Fury | Makuta Sethuldur | Order's Call (no necro k? C8)