Episode II: Shattered Ice

emily

episode2.png

Shattered IceBohrok Assault on Ko-KoroBy Takua The fears of many Ko-Koronans were realized today when the Bohrok swarms made their first strike upon the secluded village of Ko-Koro. “The arrival of the swarms was inevitable,” said Matoro, aid to the village’s Turaga, “but this does not lessen in force what it brings upon our village.” Ko-Koro is found within a deep ravine, generally only accessible by a winding stairway down the icy, sheer rock face. The presence of the Bohrok here is a testament to the swarms' cleverness and persistence. If the Bohrok can reach Ko-Koro, then no place on the island is safe from their reach. The presence of the Ta-Koronan Guard in the village was a deciding factor in the outcome of this first encounter. The Guard’s captain, Jala, heroically brought down a beast and liberated its Krana. The Krana are vital to the Toa on their quest to defeat the Bohrok swarms, and even one, such as Jala recovered, could prove critical. “Should we meet Kopaka in our travels, we shall be certain to give him the parasite,” Jala said, “but the Bohrok threat is far from leaving this place. It will be some time before we can begin to consider a safe departure.”Although they may now be resting in a moment of peace, all of the Tohunga in the village are left to fear the time when next the swarm will choose to strike, and the dangers the attack will bring.

Episode I: Ta-Koronan Guard Arrives in Ko-Koro

• Upvote 1

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Brilliant, and virtually indistinguishable from the original animations. I'm not 100% on a single bamboo disk being able to take down a Bohrok though, although I guess without that working, its going to be very difficult to do Bohrok/Matoran fights without Boxors.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

Brilliant, and virtually indistinguishable from the original animations. I'm not 100% on a single bamboo disk being able to take down a Bohrok though, although I guess without that working, its going to be very difficult to do Bohrok/Matoran fights without Boxors.

Thanks. To be honest, it never occurred to me that it might be unreasonable for a single disk to fell the Nuhvok. I guess I was thinking along the lines of the battle at the Kini-Nui in MNOLG. The Bohrok are definitely at least a little tougher than the Rahi, though, and they cannot be beaten by simply knocking free an unprotected Kanohi. As you said, though, it may be difficult to go through a battle sequence without the disks being powerful enough to do damage. I am not really sure what the alternative would be, especially now that the entire swarm is reaching the village. Hand-to-hand combat is possible, what with the Ko-Koronan ice picks and the Guard's staffs, but since that was something LEGO generally frowned upon I don't know to what extent I could use it without forgoing the traits of Templar's animations.

Awesome, near perfect. My only comment would be that the heads shake that little too long in comparising to what the Matoran say.

Thank you. I like to act out (internally or sometimes aloud) the roles of the characters myself, and it is possible that since I am doing so the time it takes me to read through a line is longer than you would take to read it. I also don't want to run the risk of having the text exist for too short a time, as I would not want anyone watching to miss some of what is being said.

Out of all of the aspects of animating these so far, pacing the lines correctly has probably been the most frustrating and difficult. It is something that I will have to continue improving.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Wonderful job! These animations are practically indistinguishable from the original Templar animations; from the animation to the writing, everything reeks of authenticity. It's obvious you put a lot of work into these, and I'm looking forward to the next episode. Keep it up! :)

Great job, as last time. I look forward to the next episodes! :) This is a bit like 2002 all over again. :D-Gata signoff.png

Thank you. It is unfortunate that the wait between episodes has to be reminicent of 2002 as well, except much worse. :P

Wonderful job! These animations are practically indistinguishable from the original Templar animations; from the animation to the writing, everything reeks of authenticity. It's obvious you put a lot of work into these, and I'm looking forward to the next episode. Keep it up! :)

Thanks. I am pleased to see that everyone has found the animation to be authentic!