Can I use GIFs for my Sig/Profile Picture?

Peter Johnson

Yes, yes you can.

I quote the BZPower Signature & Avatar Guidelines:

• [*]
The only image types that will be allowed in avatars and signatures are JPG, GIF, PNG, and SWF. Other image types offer insufficient compression and result in file sizes that are too large. Additionally, SWF files can only be used in signatures, not as avatars.

So it is allowed, only make sure the total images count does not exeed 10 and the total size together with your avatar doesn't exceed 100 kb.

Also, for further questions concerning pictures, may I redirect you to the Q&A Pictures Topic.

I hope this helps, if it does, I'm glad I could help you.

I'm back!

Just so you know, .GIF animations, which is what I'm assuming you're asking about, do not show up when used as your avatar. In other words, the first frame of your .GIF file will be the only thing that shows up. So pretty much you'll be getting a still photo instead of the animation. Animations do work in your signature, and the funny thing is that they actually show up for your profile picture (which is the same photo as your avatar).

-Rez

Edited by -Reznas-

Thanks guys. Please do make use of the Pictures Topic for any further picture-related questions. =]

Question answered; topic closed.

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender