HF Mata Tahu

Well, using the concept for the HF Toa Mata, I built Toa Tahu Mata.

9525525578_07046f70e0_m.jpg 9525513852_7fc600d909_m.jpg9522719731_9c77613166_m.jpg 9522708305_cc2ac18527_m.jpg

I added the gear on the back simply for the sake of nostalgia :P. And now, for a preview for yet another story (I know, right?), I give you...

9522707803_3a550976c7_m.jpg

Comments and Cookies are welcome!

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

If Lego were to make Tahu Mata in the HF building system, this is exactly what he would look like! And I love the gear on the back! Great job!

One thing though, I would lose the Hero Core. He's a Toa hero, not a manufactured hero. :P I'm also not a huge fan of using the Ackar sword. I would use just the flame part to stay true to the original Tahu Mata design.

Other than that, the only thing that could make this better would be an orange skeleton. :)

Edited by Trydeltix
Bliss.png

If Lego were to make Tahu Mata in the HF building system, this is exactly what he would look like! And I love the gear on the back! Great job!

One thing though, I would lose the Hero Core. He's a Toa hero, not a manufactured hero. :P I'm also not a huge fan of using the Ackar sword. I would use just the flame part to stay true to the original Tahu Mata design.

Other than that, the only thing that could make this better would be an orange skeleton. :)

I hated the empty space on the chest armor, so I put the red core there as a filler piece.

I always liked the Ackar sword, at least the flame's not a single color.

If there were an orange skeleton, believe me, I would use it.

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

Well, there IS an orange skeleton. It's just one of the larger ones, and was used on Fire Lord. Not really ideal for a Tahu of this size. :P

The only thing I would change is rather than have the 2.0 chest piece overlapping that under armor piece, use an unprinted (or printed) red Breakout torso instead. It'd look a little better.

Good job.

-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

He seems to have no neck. I would recommend taking that red chest armor off, would look loads better, But it does look nice.

Edited by ~Shockwave~

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

This design is OK, but I think it's a bit lacking in some regards. For one, Toa Mata Tahu looks kind of bland without any orange. I'd think you could keep a black skeleton (the original Toa Mata Tahu had black joints, after all) and use bright orange shells for the arms and legs. Of course, you're forgiven if you don't have any bright orange shells. They're not particularly common.I also feel like the silver is out of place, and the 2.0 Hero chest plate isn't totally working for him, since he loses the lean look that characterized the Toa Mata. If I were you, I'd swap the torso shell for the Breakout variety in Bright Red: either a flame-patterned one from Furno or an unprinted one from the Iron Man constraction set. The back armor isn't working out all that well for him either, but there are countless Bright Red parts you could use for that purpose. A 2.0 shield element works quite nicely as back armor if you attach it using one of these or these and some one-and-a-half-module pins. Gives the arms some space to move and gives the back some volume.His proportions are really effective, I think (Hero Factory proportions like this aren't too unlike Toa Mata proportions to begin with), though his left arm could be a bit longer since it doesn't have as much of a "wrist" as the hand piece on his right arm. If he used a basic Hero Factory hand piece on both arms it wouldn't be as much of a problem, but you chose to stick with a hand approximating his "classic" hand and I respect that decision. The feet work great... after all these years, I still feel Toa Mata feet are some of the best foot designs the LEGO Group has ever used for action figure sets.The Ackar sword is obviously an OK design on its own, but I think it might be too large for a figure this size. The flame-shaped blade is fine but you ought to be able to find a more compact design for the hilt.