Glados From Portal 2

Well here we are again. We have MoCists like Felix, Brickeens, and Oblivion who have improved their MoCing skills ten fold during the downtime. And then there's me. I admit that I haven't been working on MoCs a lot during the time the forums spent offline. The community has been my drive for making better MoCs and I didn't have them to help me along. Add that to the fact that my interest in Lego Bricks has been failing since Bionicle's end and needless to say my skills have not improved all that much. But... I did do some work and today I'll post some of it for you guys. Meet GLaDOS from Portal 2! glados_entry_pic.jpg >1<>2<>3<>4<Comparison Pic Thanks for taking a look at this! :)

silverbladebanner.jpg

You should post up instructions for this. If you do that, you'll get lots of respect. This model is really, REALLY cool!

Thanks. I'm glad you like it. I might well indeed post so instructions.

Scrap, she's awesome! I like the fusion of Bionicle, Hero Factory and Systems!

I never thought about it but you're right, there is a lot of different things going on with her. Thanks for the comment.

silverbladebanner.jpg

This was a triumph. Seriously, the whole model flows really well. The way you combined system and technic is fantastic, and it looks great overall. 10/10. You deserve some cake. -don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

I have the same problem as you, I only made one or two MoCs because BZP was down.=/ Anyway, on to the MoC. I haven't played Portal, but this looks very nice. I like the use of the giant wheel for the base.The one thing that bothers me is that the head is completely System, and there's not as much of it on the rest of the MoC. I think it'd look better if the rest of it used more System pieces or if the head used less. But it's still quite good, nice job on this!

3DS FC: 0216 - 1922 - 2231

That looks exactly like GLaDoS. (brain explodes) there really is not much more to say, you have captured the character perfectly. Right down (or up) to the anchor point on the ceiling. Wow. I love the detailing on her main body, and the white hero factory chestplate fits very nicely. Ps was the well here we are again... meant to be sung to the tune of want you gone?

Look at me still talking when there's science to do!

excuse me, but the only critisism i have is that you should 1. widen glados's "head" 2.

MAKE WHEATLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Well here we are again. We have MoCists like Felix, Brickeens, and Oblivion who have improved their MoCing skills ten fold during the downtime.

Awwww :wub:, thanks bro. Anyways, good job on this. It's pretty accurate, with only a few exceptions (which I'm sure you know, but I'll still say them :P). The blue pins and light bley stick out a bit much on this, maybe covering them up with some system parts would work (if they cannot be replaced with black parts). The only other problem would be the gap between the body and the white inika torso armor. Kinda ruins the smooth aesthetic you had throughout the MOC. Other than that, great job on MOCing GLaDOS =) Edited by Lord Oblivion

Wow, this is awesome! I love how the body works, it's very streamlined. The colors are nice, and it's all very accurate. I have some critique, though. I think the "head" should be a litle... Bigger? and the eye maybe could be extended, and a pure yellow. I would also like to see more tubes and wires, but I'm not sure if they would look out of place or not.

I brush with death so often we've started giving eachother high-fives.

It's hard to overstate my satisfaction with this model. The real question is, does she fit in a long fall boot? If not, the you need to make a potatOS. Alright, now that I've demonstrated my knowledge of portal, let me say: well done. My only comment is that the back of her "head" looks kinda flat. It should be curved just like the front. Overall, amazing job!

Nuparu's BoomBoxor is temporarily out of commission (been infected by some malware & whatnot, curse those anonymous russian bots). I guess I'll get around to putting it back up eventually. Maybe when Templar finally get around to re-doing the soundtrack to MNOG.

"... Oh... It's you..." This is fantastic. I really like how you flipped the photo so she's on the ceiling. Instanatly recognizable as GLaDOS. Now, about that cake...

I could use some moist cake right now, actually... Thanks for the comment! :)

I have the same problem as you, I only made one or two MoCs because BZP was down.=/ Anyway, on to the MoC. I haven't played Portal, but this looks very nice. I like the use of the giant wheel for the base.The one thing that bothers me is that the head is completely System, and there's not as much of it on the rest of the MoC. I think it'd look better if the rest of it used more System pieces or if the head used less. But it's still quite good, nice job on this!

I can understand and respect why the system/technic ratio would bother you. Not sure I'll do anything about, though. :P Thank you for commenting, anyways!

Wow, impressive creation. Very well done, and with a greta integration between system and Bionicle elements. I'm making a not here: Huge succes

Why, thank you!

Ps was the well here we are again... meant to be sung to the tune of want you gone?

:)

excuse me, but the only critisism i have is that you should 1. widen glados's "head" 2.

MAKE WHEATLY! !!!! !!!! !!!

Tried many different techniques to make the head more accurate and almost all of them failed. The big problem was I couldn't find a happy medium between big and small and in the end after my "tests" the original was still the best. Wheatley has been made and I'll post him sometime in the future along with a PotatOS, Turret, and a Portal Gun. Thanks for commenting.

Well here we are again. We have MoCists like Felix, Brickeens, and Oblivion who have improved their MoCing skills ten fold during the downtime.

Awwww :wub:, thanks bro. Anyways, good job on this. It's pretty accurate, with only a few exceptions (which I'm sure you know, but I'll still say them :P). The blue pins and light bley stick out a bit much on this, maybe covering them up with some system parts would work (if they cannot be replaced with black parts). The only other problem would be the gap between the body and the white inika torso armor. Kinda ruins the smooth aesthetic you had throughout the MOC. Other than that, great job on MOCing GLaDOS =)
I only tell the truth. :) Thanks for the comment, and keep you eyes open for when I comment on your downtime MoCs page. There's a lot of them so it's taking some time to write the review.

Wow, this is awesome! I love how the body works, it's very streamlined. The colors are nice, and it's all very accurate. I have some critique, though. I think the "head" should be a litle... Bigger? and the eye maybe could be extended, and a pure yellow. I would also like to see more tubes and wires, but I'm not sure if they would look out of place or not.

Thanks for the praise! The head issue has already been addressed above.

It's hard to overstate my satisfaction with this model. The real question is, does she fit in a long fall boot? If not, the you need to make a potatOS. Alright, now that I've demonstrated my knowledge of portal, let me say: well done. My only comment is that the back of her "head" looks kinda flat. It should be curved just like the front. Overall, amazing job!

Again the head has already been talked about. Thanks for the comment! Edited by ankyfdarkness

silverbladebanner.jpg

My thoughts: There will be more MOCing, and then there will be cake. You did an excellent job with GLaDOS. From the thumbnail picture I could tell the MOC was accurate. And it really is. I'm a huge fan of Portal 2, and this is a fantastic Lego-related homage to that game. I can't find any big flaws.

Thanks!

Great job! The only thing I would do is put a white H so that the chest-plate armor looks smoother.

That would look a lot better. I wish I had a white H, though. Thanks for the comment!

silverbladebanner.jpg

This is... brilliant! It looks so seamless and professional. It makes me regret selling all my system parts... I really wanna make this, but don't have all the proper pieces.You should see if you can craft some personality cores to pop on it, or perhaps make a[spoiler for those who haven't played the game]Wheatley modification of it, with his core and something like the bomb launcher-thingy attached.[End Spoiler]

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

BLAST THESE TABLES.

"Ichigo... I hate the rain. Rain falls in this world, too. When your heart is in chaos, this sky becomes clouded. When you are sad, rain falls so terribly easy. Can you understand...The horrible feeling of being pelted by rain when you're all alone in this solitary world? If only to stop that rain, I shall lend you any strength. If you trust in me, I won't let a single drop of rain fall from that sky. Ichigo, trust me...You are not fighting alone."

It's the calm before the storm/It's the quiet before the war/It's the time when all will be decided/All will be decided/If nobody hears the echoes on the wind/It's the end of the chain/Destruction of the fittest/It's the end of our reign/We've seen it all before/It's the end of man's evolution/The end of evolution/For nobody heeds the echoes on the wind

Silence's so loud, not a soul... left alive/Darkness's a shroud/2085/All our dreams have disappeared/They burned down... tree of life/Confirming all that we feared/2085

Don't give up, remember how we felt/Fire rushing through our veins/Now it's the time to rise up from our *^$#/Now it's the time to free our brains/The meaning of life is to give life meaning/Go too fast, move too slow/Restore the balance between thinking and feeling/Open up and let it flow

No side has won, struggle to... survive/Our quest here is done/2085/All our hopes have disappeared/Our race will... not thrive/Time will not recall the year 2085

Don't give in, remember all we learned/The spark of life if did ignite/We regained the rage for which we yearned/We regained our will to fight

:surprised:DO WANT!!I ENVY YOUR MOCING SKILLS!! In all seriousness, I love it. It looks perfect. I'm a major Portal fan, and I love this! I really wish LEGO would pay you to put this on the shelves! :D

pony_herd_really_tiny.png

In the meantime, you shall be loved and tolerated.

-----------------------------------------

I am both Toa Mata Nui and Dragonfly the Luminescent

-----------------------------------------

• 1 month later...