Pepakura Miru

Pleurodeles Waltl

I made the base for this a while ago, but now I've gotten back to work on it and figured I'd post the progress pictures. I've already made a Hau, but I'm using a slightly different process for this Miru. It started with a paper file from CrunchbiteNuva, then I coated it with fiberglass resin and reinforced it with fiberglass. Now I've coated it with Bondo body filler and sanded it down, I'll add more coats then paint it, with less damage detail than the Hau. Without further ado:

tumblr_mry7xrzzM11sti538o1_500.jpg

and here's a closer look at it, I realized that one coat would be an excellent base for an Infected mask:

tumblr_mry7xrzzM11sti538o2_500.jpg

My garage is a mess right now thanks to some water damage so I'm working on a pizza box on a board, in the driveway. Ta-Metru it ain't.

I'll post more pictures as it gets closer to completion.

The beatings will continue until morale improves

Nowhere But Here, Nowhen But Now

Mask-Maker: Finished Hau

Green, I was just noting the potential for an Infected mask. It'll be regular green, though slightly darker and more worn than the real mask, in a similar style to my Hau. However, I imagine Lewa as not having the same damage patterns- he's agile and fast, not one to fall easily but when he falls it's hard, same with taking blows. So, the damage will consist mostly of localized damage, like scrapes and dents, as opposed to the all-out scuffing I did on Tahu's mask.

The beatings will continue until morale improves

Nowhere But Here, Nowhen But Now

Mask-Maker: Finished Hau

• 2 months later...

I love how it has texture on it and it looks amazing. I can't wait to see the final product. I will definately have to make something like this in the future

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell