Video Game General (Official)

Terminus

Well, I have been trying to find some good golden titles for the Wii, and have been running into trillions of trash, because so many cheap-name brands threw their games on Wii for a dollar or so. So, I would like to know if there was any good titles for the Wii outside of the big name things like smash bros, or Mario galaxy, etc.

Also: About smash bros. 4, I wuz just Trollin yuh :nahnah:

i heard sakurai mains ganondorf hahaha

DLC won't necessarily hurt gameplay if it's all cosmetic. that's how they do DLC in street fighter. it's all just alt costumes and such. most of them are usually worse. they could do the same thing in smash, just add in like a lucina skin for marth instead of a new character.

I edited my comment. I meant to say "Don't Do DLC." I REALLY want DLC in SSB4. And I'd be disappointed if it was just cosmetic. I want new characters/stages, and maybe more than 2 songs on a stage and totally revamping Smash Run (which I've heard some pretty bad things about).

Edited by Ghabulous Ghoti

street fighter rereleases games with new characters and rebalancing every few years. it's not a bad model, sans the fact that you need to pay another 40 dollars every three years.

It's a horrible model! Just make it some simple DLC and free balance patches, and it should be good to go.

i didnt mean business model. maybe i chose the wrong word, but i meant how it impacts the game competitively. they change or rebalance it very frequently so the community is never outraged for very long. compared to smash currently it's a good model.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

I'm on the side that likes updated disc versions of fighters, I find them worth it in generally every way. From the ones I've played, they're usually worth it for the included DLC, and then there's usually an extra mode or two, plus it helps in keeping the online community alive. I remember Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate and Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend more than paid for themselves in just the on-disc DLC, plus all the new extra stuff made it really worth it.

But, as much as I like this system for practically every other fighting game out there, I kinda feel it would ruin Smash. Being a once-in-a-console's-lifetime game, it kinda has this lasting appeal that other fighters (and most online games in general) lack where it sticks around for the console's entire lifespan, and I feel even a second Smash on a console would ruin that (I also feel the same way about Mario Kart, BTW).

But, as much as I like this system for practically every other fighting game out there, I kinda feel it would ruin Smash. Being a once-in-a-console's-lifetime game, it kinda has this lasting appeal that other fighters (and most online games in general) lack where it sticks around for the console's entire lifespan, and I feel even a second Smash on a console would ruin that (I also feel the same way about Mario Kart, BTW).

bruh i can understand you saying it's special cause it's only once but actually saying that smash outlives other fighters is either super ignorant or you're strictly talking them living or dying amongst your friends at school because people do not drop their fighting games like they drop call of duty dudes will play street fighter for years before they even think of heading to tournaments. fighting games are commitments.

and come to think of it, smash doesn't even have a long dev cycle, comparitavely speaking. sf4 has been patched into SSF4, SSF4AE, and SF4U, but it's still street fighter 4. sf4 was released in 2007. sf3 was released in 1997. the most recent mortal kombat came 18 years after its predecessor. i'll bite, they made a new blazblue every year, but that never took off competitively anyways.

Edited by Archer Vonn

Unlocked all the stages & characters. It was pathetically easy, you can unlock them all in 120 battles. Kinda missing the slightly difficult Melee days, but oh well. Still a great game.

Anyways, been maining Palutena and Rosalina, I actually like Rosalina's area control a lot more than I was expecting. Shulk is also now my new main sword guy.

So I don't have SSB4 right now cause I didn't have a chance to purchase it today.... Don't have a car, driver's licence, or credit card. Oh well.... Here's to tomorrow! 

The new Marth... total garbage. I need a balance patch.

But otherwise the game is awesome.

Actually... Here's a thread from Smashboards.

Essentially, while Marth may have been nerfed from Brawl.... He's no longer in a Brawl environment. We need to take into account the buffs and nerfs everyone has gotten so far. As Emblem Lord pointed out, Marth's fair has more landing lag now, but pretty much EVERYONE'S aerials have more lag. He very well may still end up a solid character... Just don't expect to play the hero king like you used to.

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

So I don't have SSB4 right now cause I didn't have a chance to purchase it today.... Don't have a car, driver's licence, or credit card. Oh well.... Here's to tomorrow! 

The new Marth... total garbage. I need a balance patch.

But otherwise the game is awesome.

Actually... Here's a thread from Smashboards.

Essentially, while Marth may have been nerfed from Brawl.... He's no longer in a Brawl environment. We need to take into account the buffs and nerfs everyone has gotten so far. As Emblem Lord pointed out, Marth's fair has more landing lag now, but pretty much EVERYONE'S aerials have more lag. He very well may still end up a solid character... Just don't expect to play the hero king like you used to.

There's the thing though. Most character still have a feel like they used to. Then there's Marth, who had a very complex feel in Brawl that forced you to invest a lot of time, and this new one feels nothing like him. TBH, I don't care if he'd be worse with his old moveset, I'd like it more because that's the feel I fell in love with.

little rascal had to go and release itself in the middle of my work week so i'll only get to play it a bit more this weekend, but ahh dis game tho. so it's just matches that unlock characters? i was looking at a site that listed a bunch of other additional prereqs that i did not need to hit to get wario and etc

Matches unlock characters, but you can also get them from other things (like Classic). Matches are probably easiest, though.

Also, I gotta say there's one thing that disappoints me: lag. I had an awful For Glory match last night, it lagged for 2-10 seconds every few seconds for most of the first half, and then more sporadically and for shorter periods during the second. It also sometimes lags in local multiplayer, although that wasn't nearly as bad (a few seconds of lag happened multiple times in a few matches). Overall, It's still much better than Brawl (most of my matches have been lag-free), but it's kinda disappointing that Smash's netcode isn't fixed after six years.

So I got the game ONE DAY AFTER IT LAUNCHED AHAHA, since I don't have a job, drivers licence or any of the stuff that would have let me go straight to a store and pick up the game. =P And yep, it lives up to the hype.... Even when I'm repeatedly killing myself over and over to unlock all the characters. =P

Still playing as old mains and newcomers in the game, and I could probably say a lot about them. But I've found I enjoy playing as the Mii Gunner the most.... Brawler I can do okay with, and I just seem to suck at Swordfighter. Yeah, must be all the time I spent on the demo playing as Mega Man, that projectile users are starting to grow on me. =P The specials I chose were Charge Blast, Gunner Missile, Lunar Launch, and Bomb Drop. What about you guys? Have you been playing Miis, and if so, what moves do you have on them?

My Mii is a Swordfighter with Blurring Blade, Slash Launcher, Skyward Slash Dash, and Reversal Slash. Don't use it that often, mainly use Miis for laughs and not much else.

Anyways, has anyone else done Street Smash yet? I've gotten two hits, and find it to be pretty easy. Kinda wish that it would create an AI fighter based off of how you play the game instead for Streetpass.

My Mii is a Swordfighter with Blurring Blade, Slash Launcher, Skyward Slash Dash, and Reversal Slash. Don't use it that often, mainly use Miis for laughs and not much else.

Anyways, has anyone else done Street Smash yet? I've gotten two hits, and find it to be pretty easy. Kinda wish that it would create an AI fighter based off of how you play the game instead for Streetpass.

Got my first two today as I hung out with some friends. Kinda dull and easy.

i wanna blow some steam about how awful the servers are but i know it'd be fruitless. online is honestly unplayable for me, i've had one match out of ten where it was playable for at least half the time. i can barely bring myself to even try it anymore, it's ruining my for glory score. it's so frustrating.

Disappointing that it's been 6 years since Brawl and the netcode isn't even up to Brawl's contemporaries. And I know it isn't just the servers, as local multiplayer seriously suffers from lag as well.

Anyways, finally settled on Rosalina as my main, with Ike and Zero Suit Samus as my secondaries. Rosalina is my favorite of all the newcomers, Ike was one of my mains in Brawl and feels pretty familiar, and I like how ZSS plays in this version a lot more than she did in Brawl.

Anyways, finally getting into the Batman games (which my friends have been telling me to play for ages) with Arkham Asylum, which is free with PS+. Pretty good so far, might look into the sequels once I finish it.

look into city but skip origins unless you're totally head over heels. i'm excited for knight though, maaaaaybe that'll be the game i get a ps4 for?

i'm settling on ike as a secondary too. he kills so easily and he's so satisfying to use.

Welp, looks like the Wii U GCN adapter will be absolutely useless outside of SSB4.

In a statement issued to IGN, Nintendo said: "The GameCube Controller Adapter for Wii U is compatible with Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U specifically – it is not compatible with any other Wii U software. The adapter is also not compatible with Wii and we apologise for any confusion."

(Source)

Kinda sucks, I was hoping there'd at least be Wii compatibility.

Welp, looks like the Wii U GCN adapter will be absolutely useless outside of SSB4.

In a statement issued to IGN, Nintendo said: "The GameCube Controller Adapter for Wii U is compatible with Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U specifically – it is not compatible with any other Wii U software. The adapter is also not compatible with Wii and we apologise for any confusion."

(Source)

the wii pro controller doesn't already fill its void? i get the tourney players want their smash controller for their smash but nintendo sort of already made a controller to play everything else with

If they're going to the trouble of even creating this adapter, though, why make it so specific? Why not at least include functionality for other games as well, such as Mario Kart 8 or Wind Waker HD?

I'll still be getting the GC controller bundle (because that is honestly the only way to play Smash), but I had been hoping that I could use it for MK8 too...

(Source)

the wii pro controller doesn't already fill its void? i get the tourney players want their smash controller for their smash but nintendo sort of already made a controller to play everything else with

Mostly, but there's also the entire Wii library that has a whole bunch of GC-Controller compatible games. Also, the lack of octagonal restrictors (personally my favorite thing about Nintendo controllers) doesn't really make me want to get one when I'm perfectly fine with the gamepad.

Either way, there's still the HORI Battle Pad coming, which is essentially the Gamecube Classic Controller. Really excited for that, as I'll be able to use it with all of my Classic Controller compatible Wii games. Still getting the Smash Bros bundle, though, mainly because I only have 3 GCN controllers and that smash one is really nice. Plus I'm not just gonna go out and buy more Wiimotes just to play smash with my friends if I already have enough controllers that would be usable with the adapter.

(Source)

The Gamecube Controller is so much better, though! :P

If they're going to the trouble of even creating this adapter, though, why make it so specific? Why not at least include functionality for other games as well, such as Mario Kart 8 or Wind Waker HD?

I'll still be getting the GC controller bundle (because that is honestly the only way to play Smash), but I had been hoping that I could use it for MK8 too...

Because competitive Smash players are a big market with a love of the Gamecube controller.

I'm just glad that GCN controllers are going back on sale. Need to get some new ones for my system anyway.

hElbrZ6.gif

Guys I need some help with Tomb Raider for PlayStation One. It wont load properly. Spyro, HTBAMillonaire , Demo One work, but TR wont load past the end of the first cutscene. Also, GTA2 wont work. Help?

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

So after playing quite a bit of Smash, I have amassed a pile of favored characters. Which ones are my mains or secondaries I don't even know anymore.

They include Mega Man, Little Mac, Robin, Mii (Gunner especially)Sonic, Toon Link, Kirby, Falco, and Sheik. Marth, Lucina, and Greninja all get points, but I don't think I am as good with them as the above. Marth/Lucina especially feel kinda wonky cause there's no C-Stick, but they aren't too terrible still. 

Oh, and here's a list of my favorite costumes for each of them.

Mega Man: Blue and White

Little Mac: Red, Blue

Robin: Red

Dark Pit: Blue, White

Mii Fighter: Alts don't exist for Miis obviously, but all my Miis rock a Ninja Headband. Brawler wears Protective Gear, Swordfighter wears a Ninja Suit, and Gunner wears Dragon Armor.

Sonic: Cyan, White

Toon Link: Brown, Teal

Kirby: Purple

Falco: Blue, Pink

Sheik: Black, White

Marth: White

Lucina: Navy

Greninja: Black 

What about you guys? This is the SmashWiki article on palette swaps I used for reference.  

Edited by Phoenix Zero