Video Game General (Official)

Terminus

For some reason, when talking to a friend in AP Bio class about what Smash 4 character might be fun to go out as, she told me I'd make a cute Pit. I personally don't see it myself what with my hair being nothing alike in hair style or color and the costume looks like it'd be a nightmare to design. Ah well, I don't go out during Halloween anymore and just hand out candy and I'm no cosplayer, so nothing woulda happened anyways. 

Actually, I'm pretty sure she just suggested Pit cause he's her husbando or something... If a girl asked her that question, she'd likely suggest Lucina, her confirmed waifu. =P

Also, Ness doesn't feel completely terrible to use anymore! Recovery's still wonky but he feels a lot better overall. Shulk's also a cool char to play around with.

Edited by Phoenix Zero

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

Actually, I'm pretty sure she just suggested Pit cause he's her husbando or something...

I think it's a good sign if a girl asked you to dress up as her husbando...

Nah, she's got a boyfriend. =P Though I could totally see her squeeing and wanting to cuddelz if I actually somehow managed to go through with that, as she is very much into cute stuff. But even so, making/buying a Pit costume that wouldn't suck would be hard. =P

(Not to mention I happen to prefer Dark Pit's character, and I share his hair color. So if I were to even cosplay as a Kid Icarus character.... Yeah.)

Edited by Phoenix Zero

phoenix i'd be a little insulted if i were you, i mean she might like pit but he's a little boy in a dress and she's saying you look like him. and pit is nobody's husbando, husbandos are mature, good looking men. pit is a whole other fetish that i probably say the name of on BZP.

• Upvote 1

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

phoenix i'd be a little insulted if i were you, i mean she might like pit but he's a little boy in a dress and she's saying you look like him. and pit is nobody's husbando, husbandos are mature, good looking men. pit is a whole other fetish that i probably say the name of on BZP.

More or less every male character is going to be someone's husbando.

Eh, maybe I should be insulted, but I'm not. I get that Pit is a bishie and all, but that's not too big a deal to me. Plus, calling his chiton a dress is a bit of an exaggeration. Really, I'm comfortable with my own appearance enough to not mind stuff like that.

And to be honest... I'd much rather be compared to Pit than some burly, angry, testosterone powered muscle sack like Kratos or whatever. 

Admittedly, I'm a bit amused at the idea of dressing up as Dark Pit at some point, but it'll probably never happen. =P

Erm, I dunno how hard it'd be compared to Marth, but making a Pit costume would be VERY hard.

Case in point

White sheet might be a starting point (if I knew how to make clothes in the first place), but all those little decorations, like the golden lining or shoulder pad I have no idea how to do. Oh, and everything else looks to be a nightmare too. Those sandals, arm/leg bands, belt scarf, laurel crown, and most importantly those WINGS!!

See why I haven't even considered making a costume yet? I have serious respect for cosplayers who can pull this stuff off....

So, uh... I was my Mii for Halloween.

(Excuse to walk around the Halloween Party at my college and gather up all the free food with out actually putting any effort into any sort of costume).

Anyways, if I were to actually dress up as a video game character, I'd probably choose someone with a simple-ish outfit, my top two choices would probably be Delsin Rowe from inFamous or Nathan Drake from Uncharted. Or, if I could get my hands on some overalls, I'd definitely do Mario. I got the Mario hat from Club Nintendo a few years back, and have yet to really use it as anything else than a decoration on top of my bookshelf.

Also, I somehow ended up preordering Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, which is pretty strange for me, especially since FPSes are pretty much the exact opposite of my thing. I'm assuming the slightly futuristic setting and knowledge that multiplayer will be pretty solid suckered me in, plus I kinda want to boost up my game so I don't get absolutely destroyed when hanging out with all my friends.

On the subject of possible dressing up as video game characters...uh, well, I would say I probably can't do anyone. Mainly a lack of money, lack of know-how on how to clothes, refusal to wear makeup or put in contacts or anything, etc etc.

if i had to though and had the ability to i'd totally cosplay

wait for it

this is going to come as a shock to everyone

shulk. only because those clothes are really cool, and so is the monado.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Also, I somehow ended up preordering Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, which is pretty strange for me, especially since FPSes are pretty much the exact opposite of my thing. I'm assuming the slightly futuristic setting and knowledge that multiplayer will be pretty solid suckered me in, plus I kinda want to boost up my game so I don't get absolutely destroyed when hanging out with all my friends.

My friends either don't play video games, or play non-shooters. It's very rare I hang out with friends and actually play Call of Duty :P

I'd be interested in cosplaying Shulk next Halloween, since I love his design, but my hair isn't blond, and I don't think it's as easy to make black hair blond as it is to make it blue :P

cole would be a good cosplay. infamous 1, probably would be easier, infamous 2 might look nicer. infamous 2 requires you to be fit, though.

i've always wanted to cosplay as john marston. i saw a lot of assassin's creed costumes this year, and had to ask on all of them. lol

edit: OH ALSO FALLOUT COSPLAY

Edited by Archer Vonn

So I have transferred screenshots from my 3DS' SD Card to my computer, and uploaded several of my best Smash 4 moments to Majhost. Keep in mind that captured the moments from multiple angles, but they're still awesome. =P

And there's my little offering to this topic! I was the Robin and Dark Pit in the pictures btw.

I completely forgot that Smash saves screens as .jpg files. Still getting used to the fact that most 3DS games save screenshots as .jpgs, rather than arbitrary random little unusable files. Might share some sometime.

Anyways, after playing Advanced Warfare for a few hours, I can say that I'm enjoying it. Really loving the Combat Readiness Program, perfect for folks like me because you get booted if you don't suck, glad there's finally a mode where I can play with people of my skill level.

This might be a good place to ask this: anybody know of good couch multiplayer games for the ps4? I have two controllers, which is apparently pointless these days because practically no games offer splitscreen anymore. I know of Towerfall, but I'm looking for something with a little more....idk...production value? Indie games are great and all, they just don't give quite the same experience. 

K29vRpU.jpg

REVIEW TOPIC

Yeah, I totally love how SSB4 saves screenshots to an actual usable format. Makes it so much easier to share the screenshots.

This might be a good place to ask this: anybody know of good couch multiplayer games for the ps4? I have two controllers, which is apparently pointless these days because practically no games offer splitscreen anymore. I know of Towerfall, but I'm looking for something with a little more....idk...production value? Indie games are great and all, they just don't give quite the same experience. 

PS4? Couch multiplayer?

No such thing.

I guess there's Minecraft and most fighting/racing games, but other than that, I doubt you'd find much.

injustice, diablo 3, cawadooty or battolfield, drive club whenever it hits.

On the topic of Pit, I beat Uprising a few days ago! My weapon was the burst blade, which feels right using it. 

not sure if this counts as a spoiler but, i wish there were more levels where you play as Dark Pit.

Mind  you, I wish it was longer. 25 levels isn't enough.

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

On the topic of Pit, I beat Uprising a few days ago! My weapon was the burst blade, which feels right using it. 

not sure if this counts as a spoiler but, i wish there were more levels where you play as Dark Pit.

That game was amazing. Back in '012, I was hoping for DLC, but I think it's out of the question at this point.

I completely forgot that Smash saves screens as .jpg files. Still getting used to the fact that most 3DS games save screenshots as .jpgs, rather than arbitrary random little unusable files. Might share some sometime.

It bothers me that replays are still unusable though.

Q2TtLEz.png

I thought the game was about the perfect length—long enough to last a while, but not so long that it's hard to finish. I just wish there were a sequel in the works. The game was gorgeous on its own; can you imagine what an HD sequel on the Wii U would look like?

My weapon of choice, by the way, was the Pandora Claws. Fast continuous fire, powerful charged shots, and even the potential to create shields makes me very happy indeed.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I'm excited to get to play Majora's Mask for the first time, but I'm even more excited for CODENAME: STEAM. Just when I thought the concept couldn't get more awesome, it turns out that MOST of the recruitable characters seem to come from classic literature!

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I'm excited to get to play Majora's Mask for the first time, but I'm even more excited for CODENAME: STEAM. Just when I thought the concept couldn't get more awesome, it turns out that MOST of the recruitable characters seem to come from classic literature!

I wasn't in the least bit interested in STEAM before, because it looked like a childish Fire Emblem. But now, it actually looks pretty darn cool to me. I can't wait to be Tom Sawyer!

May give MM a try, didn't really like the original at all, but I'll still give the remake a shot.

I have it on N64, and I think it suffers from the same issues I had with OoT on N64, being, terrible graphics and controls. If your issues had anything to do with that, then Majora's Mask 3D should more than fix it :P

My problems with the game were pretty much just with the game itself/how it worked, nothing involving any similarities with OoT (absolutely love that game on N64).

Also, I find that it's just easier for me to get through games on handhelds, due to being able to play while not tethered to my TV, so I'm more likely to finish a game I don't like as much on my 3DS than a console.

Biggest thing for me out of the announcements was the new Xenoblade info. The game looks great, plus I love it when JRPGs have American protags (which I assume will be the case, since New Los Angeles is an American colony.)

Edited by Terminus

Oh look, Majora's Mask. I'd play it. If Ikana Valley didn't terrify me so much, that is.

I have a friend with a 3DS capture card though. He said I could just send him my replays and he'll record them.

Which is good, since I filled up on replays a few weeks ago.

.....Mind if I ask if he could record some of my replays too? I got some ones where I actually would like to keep. =P

I've never gotten to experience Majora's Mask before, so I think I'll definitely be grabbing the 3D edition if I have the spare cash. Very excited for it!

Majora's Mask is awesome. I won't spoil anything for you, but it has the same great action adventure gameplay as OOT and has a surprisingly deep storyline and tons of sidequests. In all, its a great game.

On the topic of the surge of awesomeness right now (SSB4, ORAS, Bionice, MM3DS)

I think our wallets have been met with a terrible fate, don't you?

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

my wallet's doing fine. you should get a job.

I'm already raising money for a trip to Switzerland in 2016. I put aside about five dollars a week towards my hobby fund. It will take a while to get enough for SSB4 for Wii U, Majora's Mask, either Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire, lots of new Bionicle and Majora's Mask 3D. That's a good $200 all together. 

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Welp, the 1.04 patch for Smash 4 is going to actually, you know, alter the characteristics of the fighters. Sadly, the nature of replays in this game will make them entirely unusable... So I've taken to recording some of my favorite replays with my phone and uploading them to Youtube. Here's the first video uploaded.

Note, I suck at Smash Bros. A lot. So much cringing will likely be in order.

......I still wish I had a capture card though....

Edited by Phoenix Zero

Oh look, Majora's Mask. I'd play it. If Ikana Valley didn't terrify me so much, that is.

I have a friend with a 3DS capture card though. He said I could just send him my replays and he'll record them.

Which is good, since I filled up on replays a few weeks ago.

.....Mind if I ask if he could record some of my replays too? I got some ones where I actually would like to keep. =P

He's offering the service to a decent number of people already, so I doubt he'd do it for someone he doesn't know, but I can certainly ask.

Five Nights at Freddy's 2 got a stealth release.

Haha, what?

IT'S OUT?

I've never gotten to experience Majora's Mask before, so I think I'll definitely be grabbing the 3D edition if I have the spare cash. Very excited for it!

Majora's Mask is awesome. I won't spoil anything for you, but it has the same great action adventure gameplay as OOT and has a surprisingly deep storyline and tons of sidequests. In all, its a great game.

On the topic of the surge of awesomeness right now (SSB4, ORAS, Bionice, MM3DS)

I think our wallets have been met with a terrible fate, don't you?

SSB4 is taking like $100+ from me in just 21 days. I even pre-orderd a single amiibo, despite having no interest in their function at all and thinking the toys look really ugly and are too expensive. Darn you, Nintendo!

But MM3D is next year, and I probably will only get one of the new BIONICLE figures, if any at all. Don't even know what ORAS is!

I have a job, so I'm not too concerned with a few games here and there. It's Smash in a week and a half, and then Majora in like 4 months. I can afford that.

Welp, the 1.04 patch for Smash 4 is going to actually, you know, alter the characteristics of the fighters. Sadly, the nature of replays in this game will make them entirely unusable... So I've taken to recording some of my favorite replays with my phone and uploading them to Youtube. Here's the first video uploaded.

Note, I suck at Smash Bros. A lot. So much cringing will likely be in order.

......I still wish I had a capture card though....

Here's to hoping Sakurai listened to fans! Remove Mac's super armor, give Marth a longer sword and more speed, fix Fox's voice actor...

I dunno. I'm not expecting much, since Sakurai knows not what he is doing when it comes to balance, but I hope it's something good!