Video Game General (Official)

Terminus

People are already saying Uncharted 4 already has GOTY in the bag. And given Naughty Dog's track record, I don't really doubt that at all.

And now I remember that I need to actually finish the first 3 Uncharted games... Well, I guess I know what I'm doing for the rest of the day.

????????????? but uncharted 4 isnt even out yet

Keep in mind, we're talking about the same industry that gave Dragon Age Inquisition several GOTY awards.

It isn't about quality of a title, it's about how much the publisher shells out.

hElbrZ6.gif

Lol, if anyone else showed off anything creative or interesting, I'd be talking about that  :P

sick burn frend xD

Hey, I cannot wait for Sly Cooper 5 to be announced, or for The Last Guardian to be not dead. And if a game like The Last of Us or Heavy Rain comes up, I'll be all over that :P

Region lock on all non-N3DS models of the 3DS have been broken with an SD card hack.

Wonder how long that'll last before being patched out.

Well snap, if I didn't think Nintendo would fix this before the end of the month, I'd import a few games right now.

I'm hoping that they do decide to stop region-locking, nobody else is doing it anymore, and there are more than a few games I'd like to play that aren't coming out here.

Edited by Terminus

Region lock on all non-N3DS models of the 3DS have been broken with an SD card hack.

Well snap, if I didn't think Nintendo would fix this before the end of the month, I'd import a few games right now.

I'm hoping that they do decide to stop region-locking, nobody else is doing it anymore, and there are more than a few games I'd like to play that aren't coming out here.

Well, if you're going to pick up a N3DS close to launch, I don't see the harm.

hElbrZ6.gif

I'm really hoping the New 3DS comes out before the update that patches this, so that way I can transfer then not update my old 3DS. I lost Ninjhax to get into the darn eShop, and I'm desperately awaiting a new exploit for homebrew!

Edited by Ghabulous Ghoti

People are already saying Uncharted 4 already has GOTY in the bag. And given Naughty Dog's track record, I don't really doubt that at all.

And now I remember that I need to actually finish the first 3 Uncharted games... Well, I guess I know what I'm doing for the rest of the day.

????????????? but uncharted 4 isnt even out yet

Keep in mind, we're talking about the same industry that gave Dragon Age Inquisition several GOTY awards.

It isn't about quality of a title, it's about how much the publisher shells out.

video game journalists are just glorified bloggers.

• Upvote 2

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

So, Club Nintendo is ending this year. Not really surprised, there've really been no good rewards there for years (there are some good VC offerings, but they haven't really had much good exclusive merchandise for ages), curious to see what the last waves of VC games hold (really hoping for some GBA stuff), and I'm also wondering what Nintendo's gonna do in the future with their membership program (as they're apparently gonna replace Club Nintendo with something else)...

I've been playing Fire Emblem: Awakening pretty much nonstop for the past few days; just beat Chapter 13, so I guess I'm technically about halfway through the game? 

I don't normally play games through more than once, but I might start a new file after this and see if I can get the optimized stat pairings to work for me.

I've been playing Fire Emblem: Awakening pretty much nonstop for the past few days; just beat Chapter 13, so I guess I'm technically about halfway through the game? 

I don't normally play games through more than once, but I might start a new file after this and see if I can get the optimized stat pairings to work for me.

Did Chapter 9 blow your mind? I didn't see that coming at all and was utterly speechless.

Did Chapter 9 blow your mind? I didn't see that coming at all and was utterly speechless.

Not really - after they faked it out with... Chapter 6 or 7, I forget which one, and then they had the kidnapping, I figured it was going to happen eventually. :P

I'm halfway considering a run of FE:A where I kill off everyone except for MU, Chrom, and Lucina just for the sake of it, but do killed units still appear in the story, or are they just completely dead in your file forever?

Anyways, I'd want to finish my extreme run first, but I think I'm stuck on chapter 2 or 3...

Edited by Terminus

I'm halfway considering a run of FE:A where I kill off everyone except for MU, Chrom, and Lucina just for the sake of it, but do killed units still appear in the story, or are they just completely dead in your file forever?

Anyways, I'd want to finish my extreme run first, but I think I'm stuck on chapter 2 or 3...

Well, both Donnel and Olivia have yet to reappear, so I'd assume they're dead forever everywhere.

Well, both Donnel and Olivia have yet to reappear, so I'd assume they're dead forever everywhere.

Nice. I'd like to see how the story turns out when the main living cast is just 3 characters. :evilgrin:

My copy of Tear Ring Saga for PSX came from a friend in Japan. Haven't had the time to boot it up, but given that it's Fire Emblem in everything but name I'm looking forward to it. Especially since that console gen never got a FE game proper.

Also got a copy of Der Langrisser for SNES, which I've been meaning to pick up. Should be fun.

Nice. I'd like to see how the story turns out when the main living cast is just 3 characters. :evilgrin:

I wouldn't be surprised if they gave you replacement units. Any unit with a major impact on the story is usually safe, and the games can throw you a bone with the spares. I remember Seisen no Keifu will give you replacement units for the second generation, if you fail to get some of the first gens to wed/fall for each other, the game creates replacement units. Shadow Dragon does something similar, too.

Trust me when I say this Nowi + MU is ridiculously broken, especially if you get Nah and Morgan both with Galeforce.

Get each of them at level 30 Manakete->lvl30 Dark Flier->lvl 30 Manakete. This should roughly get you to their statcaps, too.

I rarely had to use another unit. They are just obscenely broken units, even for how broken FEA is.

hElbrZ6.gif

Not really - after they faked it out with... Chapter 6 or 7, I forget which one, and then they had the kidnapping, I figured it was going to happen eventually. :P

But... but the choice! That's what hit me hard, was that I thought my decision actually mattered :P

If they are important to the story, then instead of dying, they just retreat from battle. Otherwise, they are dead.

Trust me when I say this Nowi + MU is ridiculously broken, especially if you get Nah and Morgan both with Galeforce.

Get each of them at level 30 Manakete->lvl30 Dark Flier->lvl 30 Manakete. This should roughly get you to their statcaps, too.

I rarely had to use another unit. They are just obscenely broken units, even for how broken FEA is.

I paired with Nowi my first run of the game because she was a dragon and dragons are cool, and my daughters were totally broken. Nah is easily my favorite unit.

If they are important to the story, then instead of dying, they just retreat from battle. Otherwise, they are dead.

Huh. Disappointing.

Kinda wish that who is alive had an effect on the story (alternate endings and such), It'd make me actually want to finish it again.

Edited by Terminus

Well, SMTxFE was still on the list of upcoming games in Nintendo's earnings report. Good to see that it's still in existence somewhere, kinda reassures my hopes for an appearance at E3.

Is it supposed to lean more towards the FE gameplay style or the SMT style?

Or do we even have that information

Well, SMTxFE was still on the list of upcoming games in Nintendo's earnings report. Good to see that it's still in existence somewhere, kinda reassures my hopes for an appearance at E3.

Information we have: It'll feature SMT characters and FE characters.

I could definitely see it being a lot like FE if Devil Survivor was shown in the trailer (since DeSu is the most similar SMT series to FE), but all the SMT stuff in the trailer was from SMT4, so I'm not sure where it'll go. Kinda hoping that it takes from more SMT properties than just 4, as that was probably my least favorite game out of all of the SMT games I've played.

Huh. Disappointing.

Kinda wish that who is alive had an effect on the story (alternate endings and such), It'd make me actually want to finish it again.

The new FE is supposed to do that, I think.

I know in Rekka no Ken at least, you get a little blurb for each character that changes depending on if they die or not. 

Awakening had a short "Where are they now?" thing that changed if people died.

I heard it is going to be more like a traditional RPG. I haven't played my copy of SMTIV yet, but I think that would mean it's leaning more towards SMT. Mildly disappointing to me, since I'm not crazy about traditional RPG games.

Given that I prefer traditional RPGs to SRPGs, I'd be quite happy if SMTxFE had traditional RPG gameplay.

That said, my biggest worry about the game would be the story- while SMT and FE games usually have pretty good stories, I'd really have to wonder how they'd combine the worlds of both series. I could easily see the two worlds combining if, on the SMT side, they used the Kingdom of Mikado from the first quarter of SMTIV, but it really wouldn't be SMT if it didn't at least partially take place in Modern/Post-Apocalyptic Japan.

Well, time travel is a thing in both series, so I guess that could be used as a plot point to basically say "anything goes".

I'm calling it now.

FE If, with the Sengoku Japan trappings of some maps and units, is probably going to be a backstory or something.

Personally, I'd love it if they used the SRPG/Turn-based RPG combat hybrid of the Devil Survivor games. I think that would be a pretty nice medium, but I have no idea if Atlus actually owns the rights to the engine (those were outsourced to Camelot).

hElbrZ6.gif

Given that I prefer traditional RPGs to SRPGs, I'd be quite happy if SMTxFE had traditional RPG gameplay.

That said, my biggest worry about the game would be the story- while SMT and FE games usually have pretty good stories, I'd really have to wonder how they'd combine the worlds of both series. I could easily see the two worlds combining if, on the SMT side, they used the Kingdom of Mikado from the first quarter of SMTIV, but it really wouldn't be SMT if it didn't at least partially take place in Modern/Post-Apocalyptic Japan.

Well, time travel is a thing in both series, so I guess that could be used as a plot point to basically say "anything goes".

Remember that Awakening was originally planned to either be on modern day Earth or in the future where we could travel to colonies on Mars. I don't think the story of Fire Emblem is solid enough to prevent it from merging with SMT :P

I won't believe FExSMT is still in development until I see a trailer, at this point. They've shown literally nothing of it.

Also, Metroid Prime Trilogy is $10 until next Thursday! Three of my favorite games of all time.

Edited by Kalopsia

I'm kinda on the fence now about Metroid Prime Trilogy- I'd really like to play them, but I hate motion controls... Really wish they were optional, especially since the first two were on GC.

Anyways, thinking about trying Other M, any thoughts on that game?

LOVE the controls of Trilogy, since I disliked how the GCN versions weren't quite dual analogue for some reason, and the Wiimote pointer was easily my favorite feature of the Wii.

Other M's controls, on the other hand, were downright game breaking for me. They expected me to sidestick EVERYTHING in a bloody 3D game, instead of using any other control option with an analogue stick.

I'm kinda on the fence now about Metroid Prime Trilogy- I'd really like to play them, but I hate motion controls... Really wish they were optional, especially since the first two were on GC.

Anyways, thinking about trying Other M, any thoughts on that game?

The only motion controls are pointing at the screen to aim your gun, and to me the controls feel really intuitive and not annoying at all.

When I first played Corruption though you had to hold A to turn for some reason but I dunno if it's because the options I picked or if they fixed that but just turning by pointing in a direction feels really nice, I've had no trouble with the game due to controls (Only played Metroid Prime 1 from the Trilogy bought from the eshop but played part of Prime 3: Corruption in the past) 

I've been really enjoying Metroid Prime so far... The music and atmosphere is really fun... I never really got into Corruption first playing it but I've liked this game a lot better...

It is only 10$, I'd buy it unless you have played these before and really don't like the new controls. No idea what the Gamecube Controls were like...

Well, I've played shooters with motion controls before, and the controls just feel really awkward to me. Sure, they're pretty accurate, but movement just feels really weird. So... Yeah, probably not getting Trilogy for a while.

Anyways, got Transistor for free with PS+ this month. Tried a bit of it earlier, pretty interesting so far. Looking forward to playing more of it.