Marvel Rebirth: Discussion

My last faction character.Name: Marianne StadtfeldCodename: MistAge: 25Gender: FemaleLoyalties/Faction: Hellfire ClubPower(S): Marianne possesses the ability to create and manipulate Terrigen Mists. Normally, she is only able to produce one liter at a time. However, in the presence of a Terrigen crystal, she is able to produce a seemingly infinite amount. She has also has an Inhuman physiology.Appearance: Marianne stands at 6'5" with blond hair, marble white skin, and electric blue glowing eyes. She is fond of wearing white dresses. When in the lab, she will wear a white lab coat and standard lab gear.Weapons: None.Skills: Marianne possesses a Masters degree in chemistry and has also been on many archeological expeditions, usually to analyze any strange findings.Personality: Marianne is a very inquisitive soul. She is very curious, always wishing to get to the bottom of things. She is also cold and analytical, seeing the world as nothing more than the culmination of many scientific formulas and principles working together, and nothing more. Due to being discriminated against for a time, she holds baseline humanity in mild contempt.Weakness: Marianne has very little combat training, so she isn't very helpful in a fight. Her Inhuman physiology will let her survive long enough for her to get away, but that's about it.Bio: For most of her life, Marianne was a normal human being. She grew up in a normal family, went to a normal school, got into a normal University; all in all, her life was nothing special. However, what nobody knew was that her family line contained Inhuman DNA. Descended from one of the secret tribes of Inhumans that had been living apart from Atillan for thousands of years, Marianne had dormant Inhuman genes in her body. These genes were activated when an archeological expedition she partook in inadvertently uncovered an Inhuman military base. Inside of the base, the team found Terrigen crystals, which were taken back to the lab. While analyzing the crystals, the science team (which Marianne was a part of) accidentally triggered the release of Terrigen Mist, which lead to Marianne's terrigenesis.After getting used to her new body, Marianne tried to return to her old life; however, due to being misidentified as a mutant, she was heavily discriminated against. Eventually, she was hired as a scientist by the Hellfire club, who were interested in the potential applications of the Terrigen mists.

Edited by Crimson Superball

Nick Wilder +1Snelly is in the process of handling Jackson.Marian: I'd like it, CM, if you could explain a but more of what she can do with her powers. Terrifen mists are a distinctly broad category, with a number of effects that I would be leery of approving without further explanation.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

You do have to explain where they've been over the time skip, as well as tweak the form to match the minor changes, but other than that, you can simply port them over.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

@Alex/Krayzikk/Snark/whateverI'msupposedtocallyou: basically, she can create the mists without having to use a Terrigen crystal and water. And she can control the movement of them. On her own, she can't create enough mists to cause Terrigenesis in an Inhuman (I'm going to say that she needs 15 times her normal maximum to do that), but she can create enough to temporarily give mutants an unstable power boost or to moderately poison a human.

In that case, Marian +1.@The name issue: Any of the above are fine, plus a few you didn't list. :P My screen names are most common, but the people I talk with in the off-site chat are more familiar with my actual first name.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Nicole and Matt look better now with the changes made +1

Scott Jackson - I'm not quite understanding what this Nano-Forge does, basically he heals through nano-bots? Ehhhhh, you'll have to be a lot more clear on how it heals exactly. Besides, being a Technopath, having armor taken from a Halo game, and basically having a healing factor is way too OP. I'm recommending you remove the healing power and then will see.

Also, a 17 year old being a teacher for technology and combat abilities seems a bit too young. He should be a student.

The Nano forge heals through nanobots, yes. Its healing time is proportional to damage taken, and the area as well. If someone fired .22LR rounds, they would plink off, and the damage would be healed quickly. Now, the rounds fired from most rifles, such as the M4A1, that would take anywhere from 5-15 minutes, depending on where the shots land. The higher the caliber, the longer it takes to heal. I can make it so that he would need to take metals from an outside source after a certain amount of damage is dealt. Would that balance it enough?

And the teacher thing I can change if needed.

Edited by thelonewander

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

The Nano forge heals through nanobots, yes. Its healing time is proportional to damage taken, and the area as well. If someone fired .22LR rounds, they would plink off, and the damage would be healed quickly. Now, the rounds fired from most rifles, such as the M4A1, that would take anywhere from 5-15 minutes, depending on where the shots land. The higher the caliber, the longer it takes to heal. I can make it so that he would need to take metals from an outside source after a certain amount of damage is dealt. Would that balance it enough?

And the teacher thing I can change if needed.

Alright, so it only heals the armor? That seems fine. Yeah make those changes and you should be all set. He could be teacher in training I suppose, but I can't see him as being a full blown teacher.

• Gravity: I'd like some more clarification on Jesika's powers, frankly. Her invulnerability bothered me last game and it still kind of bothers me now.

-Tyler

It's invulnerability from physical attacks, e.g., a bullet or a punch. Now, I could get real technical with it, though for the sake of simplicity, I'm treating "kinetic energy" as a comic book would, meaning anything doesn't involve a moving object is fair game.

Heat, light, electricity, etc.

Seems good to me. If anything it might be a good idea to limit how much kinetic energy she can absorb at once. Unless any of the other staff want to interject here +1

Edited by A billion cats

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Marian Stadtfeld - Don't see any issues +1

And look who I'm bringing back woooooo:

Name: Krystal Starling

Loyalties/Faction: S.H.I.E.L.D; Friendly with Xavier’s Institute for Gifted Youngsters

Powers: Krystal’s mutant power gives her wolf-like abilities and senses, way beyond a normal human’s. Her five senses are increased dramatically, to be on par or even a bit beyond that of a wolf. Her stamina, strength, agility, and athletic abilities are at super human levels as well.

She is able to transform herself to become more animal-like, from appearing like a bipedal werewolf to becoming almost completely wolf. (Just a bit larger than a normal sized one.) She does this at the cost of her intelligence and ability to speak. (More wolf like she becomes the hard it becomes to think, or speak for that matter.) Her wounds will heal a bit faster when transformed, though only to a minor extent, extreme injuries obviously would still require medical treatment.

She used to carry the Lycan curse due to being bitten by one, but with the help of a witch she was able to lock it away deep inside her, she can no longer infect others with the curse. She now only has mutant powers.

Appearance: She’s a fairly tall woman, a bit over 6 ft, lean and very muscular. She has long jet black hair, and bright, violet eyes. Her skin color is rather pale. Krystal has fully mastered her wolf side, to the point that she is now able to look mostly human, the only thing about her that looks wolf is her big wolf-like ears and a big, bushy tail, unless of course she uses her powers to take on a more wolf like appearance.

Weapons: Standard S.H.I.E.L.D. equipment, assortment of firearms, whatever she needs for a mission. Favors twin side arms, typically two glock 9 mms or their equivalent.

Skills: Has had intense training in many forms of martial arts, as well as standard military training. She excels at recon and surveillance, as well as tracking via a scent. Her experiences and knowledge from once being an Enforcer give her an edge when dealing with mutants, especially because she is a mutant.

Personality: Rather eager to please, she works hard at her job, no matter what that entails. She has a fairly gentle demeanor, unless you really get on her bad side. If you manage to do so you probably deserve whatever is coming. She has come to terms with being a mutant and has a sense of peace about it, though she does not take kindly to discrimination.

When aggravated, frustrated, or just simply under a lot of stress her feral side can lash out, and it will take her time to calm down.

Weakness: Downside to having super hearing is you’re extra sensitive to it. Telepathic and empathic abilities used against her are very effective against her, as she has no real defense against it and while she has control over her feral side, a skilled telepath could easily unleash it, even try to ‘tame’ her so to speak.

Bio: Krystal has been through more than most people ever should have to go through. Originally a member of a team of the most elite Enforcers, she was captured by the Brotherhood and turned into a mutant by mutant called Demon, who’s abilities sometimes could turn normal humans into mutant-kind.

After that her entire life turned upside down, afraid of what Enforcers would do to one of their own who’d suddenly became a mutant, she went into hiding. Unfortunately Weapon X found her, capturing her and forcing her to do work for them for a time before she was eventually freed.

She ended up staying at Xavier’s School for Higher Learning, learning to deal with her powers and how to control them. Over the course of a year she honed and mastered her powers, so that instead of being controlled by them, she was the one in control. Eventually she caught the eyes of S.H.I.E.L.D. and was recruited into their ranks, who were interested in putting her experiences as an Enforcer and ties to Xavier’s School to good use.

Edited by A billion cats

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Seems good to me. If anything it might be a good idea to limit how much kinetic energy she can absorb at once. Unless any of the other staff want to interject here +1

Oh most definitely. She still has the normal body of a kid, and so she's going to end up injuring herself if too much energy is converted into physical strength. She doesn't have enhanced biological limits.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Hey Gravity in your last post you said it was getting dark soon, but I'm pretty sure everyone is eating breakfast and stuff and its morning time. Not that its super important just thought I'd give you a heads up. Would post this in the thread but I didn't want to do OOC only.

It's getting dark as in "storm clouds obscuring sunlight" not "sun going down". I specifically stated that it was morning. ;)

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

I'm going to make myself have only human characters...

Name: Vince Jackson Jr.

Faction: Global Television News (GTN). Highly suspected among Pro-Mutant circles to be involved in an Anti-Mutant terrorist group.

Powers: None.

Appearance: Tall, tanned and built like a body-builder. Vince Jackson has the look of an action star. He has trusting face, deeply set blue eyes, and well groomed brown hair. He is seen in fine suits, custom tailored by a sponsored company. Under which, he wears a bulletproof vest.

Weapons: A Taurus Judge 410/45. Revolver. Press releases say he is unarmed, though.

Skills: Vince Jackson Jr. is a charismatic, highly skilled showman. He could, many say, rile a crowd to riot. He has the tricks and trade of television hosting down to an artform, one of the reasons why he has the highest rated news program. In addition, he is former bouncer and bodyguard, with a decade of experience behind him. So he is quite alert and street smart.

Personality: One of the most virulant voices of the Anti-Mutant, and one of the most visible. He is cunning, business and media saavy, charismatic and polemic. He has an uncompromising hatred of mutants, and doesn't hesitate share it with the public. He doesn't give a care that people hate his guts for it. No, he'll happily argue the living freak out of those who try to call him a 'bigot', or other such words. This seems to be his only side. Seemingly.

Weakness: No powers, for one thing.

Bio: Vincent Carter Jackson Jr. was born in Riverside, California to a plumber father and accountant mother. By all accounts, he had a fairly normal childhood, excepting a then-tolerated tendency to pick on mutants. Graduating from high school, Vince afterwords tried and failed to police academy. After that didn't work he became a bouncer in Las Angeles. Impressing a celebrity or two, he wound up a bodyguard. Working for a director on set in an action movie, Vince was given a small part in the film after the actor quit. By dumb luck, his character, a dumb, brutish thug, gained more popularity then the lead villian. His short-lived acting career summarily began.

Then about a decade ago, he starred in the horrendous remake of The Beast of Yucca Flats. His acting career tanked, and he wound up in debt and without much work. Then he found a struggling young network, GTN, was searching the scores of B-list celebrities for someone to host a news show. Jackson applied, and was hired. Initially, he did rather unbiased reporting, but gradually, he turned to the extreme. Spouting anti-mutant rhetoric, he outshined his co-host spectacularly, and was given his own show. The Vince Jackson Jr. Show over a little over two years, gathered a vast audience, and pushed GTN beyond the other news networks.

With the show, Jackson has became a multi-millionaire, and one of the most controversial figures in American media. He is loved by his network and his supporters, and hated religiously by Pro-Mutant activists and most sane mutants.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

... man, my characters are going to be spit taking by the dozen. I can,t wait for this guy.Also...Do any of the kids at the institute actually take classes? Because I sort of feel like my Institute teacher is going to be teaching a pjysics class full of NPCs judging by what has been RP'd so far.

Edited by Crimson Superball

... man, my characters are going to be spit taking by the dozen. I can,t wait for this guy.Also...Do any of the kids at the institute actually take classes? Because I sort of feel like my Institute teacher is going to be teaching a pjysics class full of NPCs judging by what has been RP'd so far.

We tried a class system early in the first game but nobody really cared much about it and we gave up on it really quick. They're in class when interaction demands it and doing their own things when it doesn't.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Well, made my edits. Hope they are good.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

I've already given it my approval.

Also, Constructman: I haven't laughed at something as hard as I laughed at Peter's flashback in a looooong time. Well played.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Well. I'm enjoying the present deconstruction of the "free spirit" archtype going on in the RPG.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.