Marvel Rebirth: Discussion

@Yugo: Not accepted. Firstly, the sheer scope of his transformation abilities is immense. Any living creature extinct or extant is an incredible number, and gives access, most notably, to creatures such as dinosaurs and immense sea creatures. And this is before considering that he has a healing factor, merely by another name, and the ability to take on individual traits of animals. Nor does his equipment section give any idea whatsoever of what a "spirit arrow" is. The scope of his abilities is far too large. For the moment, not approved.

Yeah that was the general idea in regards to his transformations. I mean Marvel has the savage land that has actual dinos and there is that Sauron guy who is a pterosaur. So I didn't think that would be much of a problem. I mean you have other characters such as Morph and Mystic who can transform into any living thing as well. I didn't think it was that much of a stretch. Also there was a minor discussion regarding the size issue. That's why I had to reduce the blue whale, the largest ever known creature down to just large whale. I would think you'd be more worried about his ability to copy alien creatures than ones native to Terraferma.

Though agreed that is an emense amount though you are forgetting that animals in regards to abilities could be based on type. While it would be possible to be both a Lion and a tiger(liger) it really wouldn't be any different in power than just being a Lion or a tiger in terms of what abilities he would get. Increased strength and better eyesight maybe? Otherwise it would be simply cosmetic. Unless you are referring to say being able to take on both the aspects of say a bird and a wolf becoming a hybrid and yes I had that idea already. While most times it would be unrealistic the option is left open.

Yeah a bit lost on the arrow deal. Was basically looking for something that would not necessarily require carrying a quiver as while direct clothing can be morphed, external items like that would be harder. The tomahawks could be strapped tight so they'd maybe get a pass. If you want I can completely remove the bow and arrow completely. I'd rather not have to modify the actual mutant power any more than I already have since that is his main reason for being created.

at this point dude if you ever want to be accepted I'd just do as he says and try not to argue against it since being approved can take a very long time for this RP.

at this point dude if you ever want to be accepted I'd just do as he says and try not to argue against it since being approved can take a very long time for this RP.

Yeah I may not be my helping myself there but he didn't exactly say anything to do, just that it was supposedly too powerful. I mean I knocked off the bow and arrow entirely. Reduced the perceived size of his transformation from the 100ft Blue whale to just average large whale. I also explained that while he would receive the abilities of the spirit animal or whatever he doesn't get a bunch of random stuff as most animals while looking different are similar enough to basically be identical in the skills department. If you'd like some insight into the idea I was trying to do a cross between the Animorph books characters that can morph into any animal/creature they touch including both Dinosaurs(When they got cast back in time) and alien species. Mixing that concept with the Bloody Roar series characters who can transform into a Humanoid version of an animal of some kind. So any more reduction and he wont really be the character I envisioned.

So If he can't be approved for bias toward his level of mutant power or some other reason so be it. I'll take my leave and chock this up to another Marvel RP he wont be apart of. At lease here he was addressed and looked at. The last one was just blatantly ignored. I just wanted to get into the whole mutant / superhero deal with a power I would like to have myself.

(Yeah I'm in a depressed mood today I guess. Just really needed some kind of win today. Ignore me as I return you to your regular discussion of how many approvals one needs :P.)

Edited by Prowl Nightwolf

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

That'd be horrible. It'd be like getting all the old contest judges together to approve an RPG.

It wasn't even until I checked the topic that I remembered I was staff for this RPG again.

That just shows how much my life has screwed me over in terms of what time I have to devote to what things. Dx

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

I'm still shocked you guys need this many staff members.

Why, how many staff members are there?

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

So there are only like 10 players? I've seen that happen before. I'm trying to get in but not happened yet.

Onua.png

• 3 weeks later...

Decided to clean up and make a few changes to my profiles to better reflect how I want to play them in the future. They will be coming one at a time. Starting with Peter:

Name: Peter Tyrell

Codename: g

Faction: Xavier Institute (nominally)

Moral Alignment: Lawful Good

Powers: Peter possesses the ability to manipulate gravity. He is capable of manipulating gravitons and anti-gravitons to fly and to use gravitons to affect the gravity around objects.

Appearance: Looks extremely similar to the movie version of Iceman. Peter has modified his costume quite a bit, in that he has added a metal vest and a cape to his "Spiderman 2099" suit, causing him to look somewhat like the supervillain Graviton.

Weapons: Arnis sticks

Other items: Future cell phone, holograph projector ring. He is currently trying to build a time machine to get back home.

Skills: Undergraduate level knowledge of physics, some skill in engineering. Is currently trying to teach himself how to fight using books and online instructions.

Personality: Peter is a person that loves order, loves knowledge, and hates conflict. On the surface, he appears to be a pleasant and amicable, if easily agitated individual. He is almost always very timid, even if he is holding a position of supposed authority, and can be easily swayed to follow the strongest person in the room. As well, any of his attempts to command presence and order people around tend to fall through the floor. Nevertheless, he will often they to do the right thing, if he can find the necessary courage to do so.

Deep beneath this friendly and quiet persona, however, lies a hotbed of insecurity and an easily wounded ego. However, Peter is generally too timid to express these feelings outwardly, so he will bottle it up inside. But he can only bottle up so much before he explodes...

Weaknesses: He may often not take action because he's afraid that his actions may cause more destruction. Unless he has a clear idea of what's going on (like some guy holding people hostage on top of a tower), he may spend too much time thinking it over. He is also quite ignorant of current events as he did not study hard in history class (though he is currently educating himself on this matter). Also, he may have a bit of trouble using technology from 2012; he considers devices these days to be slow, clunky, and inconvenient. Finally, he is very much a follower and not a leader; he finds it difficult to take charge of and coordinate a group of people unless he has their absolute approval and loyalty.

Bio: In the year 2099, Peter Tyrell, a university undergraduate, took an internship at Alchemax, a mega-corporation that practically controlled all of North America. Working as an intern, he was eventually assigned to an unusual project for Alchemax: a portal creation device. One day, while he and his mentors were testing the device, the device malfunctioned. It created a temporal explosion, which sucked Peter in and hurled him into the year 2012, where he found himself lying in the middle of a cornfield. Not exactly sure what had happened, Peter tried to adapt to life in this primitive age while collecting parts for a makeshift replica of the machine used to hurl him back in time.

After the Battle of New York, Peter, running out of options, took a job at the Xavier Institute working as a science teacher.

After the second Battle of New York, Peter began a secret venture at vigilantism, not telling anybody else at the Institute of his activities.

Edited by One-Eyed Construct
  • Upvote 1

I think a bit of a slowdown in May is expected, really. I graduated from my university two weeks ago to the day, and several colleges finish things up a week to two weeks later than that, with a number of them in the US waiting for Memorial Day weekend. I'll work on getting a post up in a few minutes, and while I know that doesn't actually mean anything, it is, at the least, a sign of life.

Jim ought to find that very reassuring.

EDIT: Accidentally put my IC in here. Turns out I get kind of dim late at night.

Edited by Ymper Trymon

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

• 1 month later...
Name: Edgardo

Codename: N/A

Faction: Himself, Whoever will take him, All those in need. In the opposite order of the list.

Moral Alignment: Chaotic Good

Powers: Overflowing Raw Spirit-- Imbued with a strange energy of similar properties that allows others to control elements, use unique powers, etc., Spirit is something all living beings possess, but few can tap into even in his home. Raw spirit, however, is generally far weaker than any elemental power (cannot even do anything than be channeled into physical attacks)--with one exception. While it lacks the sheer destructive power of any elemental equivalent, Raw Spirit has no known checks-- Nothing resists it's (again, comparitively small) effects. Edgardo's "Overflowing" trait removes the body's natural limits on Spiritual capacity, allowing him to theoretically reach absurdly high levels provided enough time and patience spent not burning it. Being Edgardo, this is harder than you'd think.

Appearance: A tall, muscular man, with dusty blonde hair and a big, stupid smile on his face at all times. Wears weathered jeans, plain white sneakers, a black undershirt, and an old brown bomber jacket with a Patch depicting a kraken on a firey backdrop sewn into the right shoulder. On the right, a knight clad in golden armor, centered within the letters "F" and "Y". At times, plain black shades with triangular lenses.

Weapons: FISTS, SPIRIT.

Other items: An unopened potion, treated more like a vintage bottle of coke than an actual resource. Strangely treasured to him.

Skills: Experience fistfighter, high all-around levels of athleticism even when not burning Spirit. Strangely proficient at being a thorn in brooding antiheroes's sides. Used to be able to teleport, but lost that skill due to one-time usage and needing to be balanced in this game, so he forgot how.

Personality: Hot-blooded, hot-tempered, courageous, and always looking for adventure. Loves a good fight, and has a strong sense of right and wrong. At times, gets a wistful look beneath his shades as if thinking of some far-off place, but that big, dumb grin will never leave unless you ###### him off.

Weaknesses: Hot-blooded, hot-tempered, courageous, and always looking for adventure. Loves a good fight, and has a strong sense of right and wrong. Has a tendency to announce his presence with a battle cry of "BANZAI".

Bio: An expatriate from another dimension, Edgardo was once the talking half of a pair, then later a trio, of pariahs that managed to earn the ire of an entire nation, spearheaded by one ultra-powerful individual that had, for some inexplicable reason, favor with the divines. He came from a world where literally everything and everyone was out to get him and his one, then two friends. Somehow, through sheer dumb luck and exploitation of the fundamental laws of the universe and their surroundings, he and his partner managed to confront the aforementioned demigod at the gate of his city. A short, vicious battle followed, closer to an exchange of ideals than blows, and just as Edgardo landed the opening (and closing) blow, he found the forces at work had torn a hole in the dimension.

Promptly sucked through and deposited roughly in a strange new world, entirely burnt out of Spirit and alone, Edgardo begins an adventure anew, hoping to, eventually, find his way home.

Because he won, that day.

They won.

Edited by Tsumugu Kinagise

helo frens

• 2 weeks later...

I have no idea how long I've had this profile on ice (too long, Basilisk tells me), but it's time.

---

Name: Aramis Saavedra

Codename: Stormcrow. Not a name he uses himself, but it tends to be applied by those who’ve heard of him.

Age: 26, about to turn 27. Born on February 29th, 1988. Has heard the joke that he’s actually 6 before, thankyouverymuch. Celebrates his birthday on March 1st most years.

Loyalties/Faction: Mercenary, independent contractor, problem-solver. Whichever way you put it, Aramis works for hire. Typical fare includes supernatural/superhuman threat elimination, clandestine investigations, and low-key world-saving. HYDRA is an unlikely hire, given that they’re the functional and ideological successors to an organization that would hate everything about him except the bit where he’s good at shooting things.

Power(S): Aramis has the ability to enchant equipment by carving runes into it, having focused that ability on a six-shot revolver and the iron bullets he uses with it. The majority of his bullet-crafting deals with simple force-magic – kinetic shots that enhance the physical force with which a bullet hits a target, greatly increasing the knockdown potential, electromagnetic bursts that act like a direct hit from a taser, or thermal shots that, once inside a living target, begin to gradually put out or take in heat, slowly freezing or cooking a golf-ball sized portion of flesh and usually raising or lowering the core body temperature a degree or two. He also has two specialty bullets that are of less direct offensive use, but still have some interesting applications. The first generates a force field with a radius of six feet, permeable to air, light, heat, and anyone who happens to be wearing a specially-carved pendant attuned to those specific force-fields. The final variety is more specific in the conditions required for it to work – the others can be triggered by the force of impact, but this one needs to bury itself in the skull of a recently-living human, dead within eight or fewer hours. Once those conditions are met, the corpse is reanimated as a zombie serving at Aramis’s direct mental command. The zombie must be commanded either directly and continuously, or through a set of pre-programmed commands. The more complex a set of pre-programmed commands is, the longer it takes to program. The further a zombie is from Aramis, the longer the delay is in receiving direct commands, with the commands being more or less instant within five meters, and a noticeable lag of one second per ten meters outside of that.

Appearance: I am so much better at drawing than explaining, so have this sketch of his face that I did a while back. No colours in, because I’m not doing digital art with a mouse, but hey, that’s the easy part for the face. His skin is dark umber, and his eyes are a light tawny brown. Boom. Rest of the face is in the sketch.

As for the rest, he’s about 5’10”, with a muscular, barrel-chested build, more like a midweight boxer than a bodybuilder. His hands have proportionally long fingers, and his movements are generally very smooth and precise, even delicate. As far as his choice of clothing, in a place that feels as cold to him as New York, he tends towards darker colours and heavier fabrics, often opting for long sleeves. When on the job, a black mantled greatcoat is often a part of the ensemble, along with a pair of comfortable boots and a set of fingerless gloves.

Weapons: A custom-machined .475 seven-shot double-action revolver modeled on the Smith & Wesson 686 with an 8-inch barrel. The grip features two intricate carvings in black onyx with silver inlays. On the left side, a monstrous serpent is depicted, scales outlined in silver, rubies set in for its bloody fangs and sulphur for the eyes – this serpent represents Apep, a destructive, chaotic deity in Egyptian myth. On the right side is a snarling canine animal with a long, curving snout and a forked tail, with a chip of jade set in for the visible eye – this is Set, a complex deity that keeps Apep in check. The inside of the barrel has runes carved in along its length, runes that offer protection and the dampening of magical energies, to avoid bullets being activated by the heat and kinetic energy inside the gun when they are fired.

Skills: Aramis’s chief talent, the thing he is proud of above all others, is his skill at carving and sculpting very fine objects, down to the size of the tip of a pencil. This is something he uses, as a pure art form, to relieve boredom and stress, but it also comes in quite handy when carving the runes for the tools he uses, for obvious reasons.

In terms of skills only directly applicable to his job, his steady hands are a big help for marksmanship, and long practice has made him a very good shot with his revolver, in addition to making him good at quickly reloading in a firefight. He is also unusually observant, and often picks up on details that others miss.

Finally, though he only speaks English, he can read Spanish, French, and Arabic.

Personality: Aramis is surprisingly laid-back about matters pertaining to magic – rather than the neat, almost obsessive organization of other practitioners, he believes in leaving a great deal of his work to chance, to the point that the five bullet types that would not be totally wasted if used on a random target (that is, everything but the necromantic rounds) are stored together. Related to this is a fondness for games of chance, particularly Bingo, and a tendency to make and modify plans on the fly, rather than plotting out a specific course and sticking to it.

When faced with a difficult decision, he relies upon a simple set of priorities regarding the consequences of that decision. Any path that will keep him alive is favored, automatically, over ones that will not – by extension, keeping the world, or well-populated sections of it, from being reduced to smoking craters is also a strong priority. Other beliefs likely to influence decisions include a strong belief in individual freedom of choice, and the consequences that come with it – if he finds someone in a mess not of their own making, he is going to be much more sympathetic to them than to someone who is caught up in the results of a major catastrophe they pretty much brought down upon themselves. Tends to root for the underdog fairly automatically, given that doing so does not violate any other important beliefs, and tends to have little patience for those who throw their weight around like they’ve got way more authority than they’ve actually earned.

When interacting with others, verbal interaction really is not his strong suit – he tends to find it much easier to communicate through gestures and expressions than speech, and tends to be rather stiffly formal when speaking. This changes, to an extent, when he finds himself feeling in control of a situation. If things are going particularly well for him, and he has time to think, he can speak fairly well, and tends not to have too much trouble saying what’s on his mind.

In a fight or otherwise dangerous scenario, Aramis’s focus is on doing what needs to be done and making it out alive – he doesn’t make such things personal unless someone else takes it upon themselves to take it into that territory. As such, he maintains focus on the specific nature of objectives, and the simplest way to achieve them – given his skill set, this tends to mean that he aims to get people out of the fight as quickly as possible, with lethality dependent on the situation.

As for miscellaneous aspects of his personality, his musical tastes tend towards blues and jazz; he usually finds the more orchestral forms of jazz relaxing, and may listen to them while working on something that requires a lot of concentration, while more energetic forms are often preferred for situations where he needs to come up with an idea quickly. New Orleans jazz is a personal favorite regardless of situation, and Tom Waits is regarded as a thoroughly magnificent human being. If a relationship with another person requires something more than simply talking to them, he’s likely to turn to his skill at carving for any grand gestures that may be required.

He’s not overly fond of the appellation of ‘Stormcrow’ that has been applied to him in his professional circles, but as a matter of politeness, he doesn’t go around bashing people over the heads with stools for calling him that, either. It’s more of an eye-rolling matter.

Weakness: Like any human, Aramis is full of physical weaknesses – he can get sick, he can be shot in the head, he can pull a muscle, etc. He’s human, he bleeds, that pretty well sums it up physically. The caveats of his magic are a bit different, naturally – most obviously, a bullet has to hit something in order to take effect. Armor that can stop bullets will certainly provide some protection from his magic, though iron bullets are a little bit harder to stop than lead ones, and anyone capable of dodging or deflecting bullets has a pretty good thing going there. In addition, the effects of the bullets are somewhat limited by their energy source, which is the excess energy shed when a bullet is fired, travels through the air, and impacts a target. To give an example, the electrical bullets are quite unpleasant, but more on the scale of a taser than a bolt of lightning. Further, his gun can only use the particular bullets he makes for it, and those bullets can only be used in that gun – deprive him of either gun or bullets, and his magical tools are rendered unusable. With regard to his use of necromancy, the art closes many doors with people who regard its use as an abomination, and, in more directly practical matters, the animated corpses he uses are somewhat difficult to control precisely, as noted above.

As for personality traits that can be exploited, Aramis pays extreme attention to detail in many things, but while he is not totally clueless regarding people, he is not a master of manipulation, and certainly does not view interactions with other people like a game of strategy. Knowing his personality, and the pride he takes in his skill, one could deceive him fairly easily by playing on that pride – one of the most obvious ways being to make something he is intended to find appear to have been hidden; he will feel clever, like he’s solved some great mystery, while being led to the conclusion the manipulator desires. In less convoluted matters, his insistence on leaving which type of magic bullet he uses to chance can work against him, as he generally has no real control over what the effects of a shot will be.

Bio: Aramis Saavedra was born in New Orleans, Louisiana, a second son in a family that remains enthusiastic about the deeds and knowledge of their ancestors, keeping their journals, bound in leather, on their own bookcase. Because of this written tradition, when he showed an interest, Aramis was able to study runic magic not only under his aunt and grandmother, but under the tutelage of those dead six generations or more. In addition to his magical studies, he was encouraged from an early age in his hobby of carving and sculpting, as both of his parents quickly noticed that he had a gift for working in very fine detail, something that has served him well both in his downtime, and when preparing magically-enhanced tools.

While he was expected, initially, to take on a fairly passive career – perhaps even making a living from his art – he was inspired by the writings of his Spanish and Moroccan ancestors to pursue a different path. Tales of terrible beasts that preyed on the innocent by night, recounted by one early ancestor whose first writings were in a language none in the family had been able to translate, and who wrote, in her final, Arabic journal, of a clandestine group she called the Blade of Zarthosht, inspired him to take an active role in the world that had long since unfolded before the eyes of the public, a world that, however much some civilians tried to ignore it, had no interest in ignoring them.

To this end, he started acquiring, tinkering with, and practicing with firearms, going through two unfortunate revolvers before he hit upon a system that would allow him to incorporate runic magic safely into the workings of a gun. Since then, he has kept his ear to the ground, learning to recognize the signs of something nasty going down, and often arriving before most others had noticed the problem, earning him an unfortunate and superstitious reputation for bringing trouble with him, and the nickname of Stormcrow. Lately, he has found that “in New York City” is one of the biggest red flags possible for unnatural events, and has chosen to hang around there until things calm down.

---

EDIT: Haha what do you mean I forgot to link the sketch, of course I didn't, it's... right.... th-there. See?

Edited by Ymper Trymon
  • Upvote 1

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

• 2 weeks later...

hey y'all (swear i'm not late to the party or anythin)

darkest days

Name: Eleanor (Elle) Faye

Loyalties/Faction: Xavier Institute (student)

Powers: Shapeshifting - Elle can take on any human form she wishes, as long as she has a clear idea of the person's appearance from either seeing them in person or in images from multiple angles. She can still attempt to otherwise, but it would reduce the accuracy of the end result. She can also alter her individual features, which requires significantly less effort than changing her whole body. For her, the effort goes into the act of changing itself; once she has altered her appearance, it requires no additional concentration to keep herself that way.

Telekinesis - Elle is able to manipulate objects using her mind. However, she's strictly limited to working with pre-existing physical things (so no telekinetic barriers, and believe me, she has tried), and the further an object is from her the more concentration it needs and the smaller it would need to be for her to move it. She could pick up most items of furniture with ease from across a room -- chairs and tables and such, rather than china cabinets and bookcases, which would be more difficult both for their weight and the level of control needed to keep everything in them in place. Any use in combat would need to be at fairly close range; while she could move people, doing it with any useful degree of force would require them to be within arm's length of her, opening her up to being attacked. Her power acts almost as an extension of her limbs -- she could throw or kick something using her power, for instance, but she couldn't guide it the distance to its target.

Appearance: Quite tall, Elle stands an inch or two short of six foot, although her tendency to slouch can take a little more off of this. Fairly skinny, although this tends to be emphasised by her height and covered up by loose-fitting clothing. As it currently stands she has turquoise hair, short at the right hand side and the back, but long and slightly curly at the left and on top, with her bangs sweeped to the side of her face. She's pale, with brown eyes and full lips and a jawline to kill for (a trade, in her eyes, for her less prominent cheekbones).

Weapons: Her razor-sharp jawline.

Skills: Cooks a mean carbonara (so long as you'll handle the bacon).

Personality: Elle is kind-hearted and sweet, with a tendency to flip without warning between being perfectly relaxed and being extremely agitated while pretending she's perfectly relaxed. Her interior monologue is a variety of harmonised screams of varying pitches. Happy screams, panicked screams. Melancholic screams of existential woe. She has it covered.

Will defend jumpers until the end of the world, and refer to them as jumpers the whole way. Summer jumpers, winter jumpers, Day After Tomorrow, world-has-frozen-over jumpers, she has them. Irish to a fault. Can name over 50 dishes with potatoes, probably (should that be in skills?).

She's a pacifist, but she forgets this sometimes.

Weakness: Elle is not particularly strong or fast physically, and as mentioned above use of her telekinesis against moving targets such as combatants would need to be close range. While she could throw objects, she has problems with aim -- her telekinesis would not allow her to guide an object at speed, only throw it, and her coordination is not the strongest.

Bio: Elle originated in Belfast, Northern Ireland, a magical place full of carbombs and anti-police sentiment. When she came to America she left behind most of the carbombs and none of the sentiment, and now lives a life of relying on vehicles not to explode and snarking in an irish accent to put her a step above her american peers. She sometimes switches to what she believes to be an american accent while being sarcastic. Nobody's told her how bad it is yet, and no one should. Because, after all, shouldn't we all be allowed to dream?

- Indigo Individual

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

okay you guys'll like this one trust me

totally original character COMING THROUGH

Name: Hikaru "Luke" Kurokawa
Loyalties/Faction: Jenna, his family 
Power(S): The typical vampirism set, with a seeming priority on the rapid healing from injury. Everything else is largely up to the baseline or a tad below with lack of age and experience.
Appearance:  Short, no way around it. Standing at only 5'5" (or as he was taught, 165 cm), he makes up for it in having actually pretty good looks (and a smooth, smooth voice. Even when speaking in lightly accented English.). His build, formerly self-described as "neither athletic nor unathletic" has been changed by vampirism into a lean, mean, fighting machine; one that may not have the most mass, but there's enough and what's there is certainly well-defined. Leaves little wonder why Vampires are sex symbols and all. Is growing out his straight black hair to hide a certain pair of holes in his neck, bangs typically covering the left-oriented member of his pair of gray eyes. And speaking of the freakin' hair, he swears to all that is holy that the expressive, obstinately upright ahoge is a family trait and not just some weird thing he thinks looks good. Tends to wear hoodies and jeans of varying colors.
Weapons:  Vampiric Charm and unrepentant likability. By more realistic (and many would argue accurate) metrics, he has himself and a bike. "Whatever's lying around" is also a good guess.
Skills:  Front to back knowledge of Become a Mixed Martial Artist from Nothing: Beginner's Edition. The actual ability to apply said knowledge honestly varies rather wildly. Probably learned more from getting beaten up by his younger sister, a true-blue martial arts fanatic. Can ride a bike with respectable poise and is a budding conversationalist. Can be crafty and resourceful when he needs to be, but just as often falls back on the whole "I can literally heal FASTER THAN YOU CAN HURT ME" thing to get by.
Personality:  Easily one of the more down-to-earth guys you'll meet that happens to have fangs, pale skin, and night eyes. His personality is fairly unchanged from pre-vampirism, the only real difference being in that he has by necessity opened up more and shyed away from his "first three years of high school" self, which was a loner who actively avoided making friends for some... inexplicable reason. Likes wordplay, and is comfortable bouncing back and forth through conversations about daily inanities just as much as important, life-changing issues. While at times lapsing into sophistry, he is at heart a fun-loving, helpful dude who will be surprisingly up-front about his thoughts on a wide range of topics, from "Should I eat this person and drink their blood" to "what do you think's more appealing, clevage or upskirts?". Granted, in regards to the latter, he actually often finds himself unsure what to do when actually confronted with such things in the real world, implying that the perversion doesn't exactly overrule his common courtesy, or perhaps that half the things he does are him screwing around more than legitimately rooted in impure compulsions. He's weird there. You never really know. He'll never say it outright either. Brave and strong-willed under everything else, he is just as willing to fight to the bitter end to protect someone he cares about as he is to try and talk things out peacefully beforehand. The kind of idiot that would throw himself at an Asgardian if he thought they were putting someone he liked in danger.
Weakness: Dude's a Vampire. He spontaneously combusts when in contact with sunlight, holy water's a ######, wooden crosses are a ######, silver's a ######, he casts no shadow, has no reflection (bad for keeping hair in check), has a tendency to disregard common notions of self-preservation or safety now that he realizes he has stupid regenerative powers, needs blood to survive but has a bad habit of trying to abstain as long as he can from it.
Bio:  An immigrant from a small suburban town in northern Japan from the tender age of six, Hikaru, or "Luke" as he quickly nicknamed himself for the benefit of the less phoenetically-facile kids he was around, was a fairly normal kid for most of his life, doing well in school and generally living a normal life, barring a certain nack for trouble in middle school. Right up until that dreadful first semester of high school, wherein multiple thinks took a turn in a completely different direction. Doing well enough to head to a fairly prestigious private school, his grades promptly took a nosedive; in the blink of one eye he was becoming a dunce, and in the blink of the other he had fully become a dunce. Struggling through each year, the combination between this and his parents both becoming full-time police officers served to create a gap between he and they, not entirely hostile so much as both parties becoming distant from one another.  His relationship between him and his two younger sisters, at least in his eyes, also began to suffer, as his beginning to sour to the notions of having friends and being a good person clashed with the two firey idealists who wanted nothing more than to become heroines.

This all changed at the onset of summer vacation, when a chance encounter one night with a beautiful, yet heavily, heavily injured woman ended in her sinking her fangs into his neck and hightailing it almost as soon as she regained the strength to heal herself. The only thing she was polite enough to do for her newly-born kin? Slap him awake and tell him to "find Jenna Rosewood, she'll be in the City. She'll take in a brat like you.".

Other than that, the boy's sire basically moved right the ###### on and dropped any sense of responsibility for him like a bad habit. One and a half wild nights later, he made it, after shooting his family a text that he was going to be away with friends for a while on a trip to find himself over the break to keep them off his back. Now he essentially is her latest protege, and one that, no offense, desperately hopes he can undo the whole thing.

There has to be a way, right?
Edited by Best Gungnir
  • Upvote 1

helo frens

• 2 weeks later...