Marvel Rebirth: Discussion

I never thought I'd go Pffft outside of the Skype chat...

Anyways...

Travel is not dependent primarily on focus (though Gabriel still needs to think about). Rather, travel is fueled by Gabriel's energy consumption with the energy cost being (the amount of energy in Joules needed to lift the object 1 metre in the air at sea level) times 15000. As such, use of his mutant powers can be compared to bouts of exercise, and if he overuses it, it will tax him physically to the point where his body will start dissolving its own muscle mass to keep up with Gabriel's energy demands. (I know I'm just asking for the biology and physics buffs to yell at me).

As for how long it takes to kick in, it takes about one tenth of a second for his mind to lock onto the object he wishes to teleport. After that, the time needed for the teleport to kick in increases as the volume of the object increases. For reference, anything smaller than a size 5 soccer ball will be transported instantly. From then on, the time in seconds needed to transport an object can be calculated as: y (time in seconds)=1/10000x (volume in cm^3)-0.557528.

All this math is gonna kill me...

Also, by organic matter, does that mean he can't transport ANY organic matter (food, clothes, wooden furniture, etc?)

Edited by A Magus With Class

ffffffr

I've got a prototype for a character and I can't refine into something PROPER and everyone's pressuring me to join and

aaaaaagh I hate you spawn and simon I hope you die in a water

hey raz i think you really should join this game it's really fun

like really man

:3

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Name: Alexander Vafbagr ("Al", for short.)

Codename: Haha, no.

Loyalties/Faction: None to any major groups. He is loyal to those he considers friends, and the Rine-Highwind Power MMA Gym.

Power(S): Frost Touch. He can drastically and rapidly (albeit not instantly) lower the temperatures of things he comes into contact with at will. This of course comes with a heightened resistance to cold.

Appearance: 5'10", solid but not necessarily thick. Has short, dark brown hair(bordering on black) and expressive green eyes. He's not a bad looking guy, with a strong jaw and a good sense of hygeine. Interestingly, has a naturally soothing voice, much to his surprise when commented upon. Typically wears casual clothes, such as a few t-shirts and athletic shorts. Nothing too fancy for this kid.

Weapons: Himself. But seriously, no. He doesn't carry those any more.

Skills: To pay the bills. An amateur mixed martial artist looking to soon turn pro. Six years of hard work, dedication, and excellent coaches have transformed him into a savvy kickboxer, solid wrestler, and submission machine. Kid can throw down with the best of them. On an unrelated note, he can also cook pretty well.

Personality: *Plenty.* Your typical Long Island bluster and bravado, thankfully tempered by the kind of humility and respect you only get by getting your arse beat for six years. Is real big on camaraderie and brotherhood, and if you're a friend, all you need to do is ask for him to help. Is an honestly kind young man with a friendly, easygoing streak. A bit of a snarky guy, though, but really, who isn't these days?

Weakness: Relationships. Homie cannot into girls like Poland cannot into space. Is also, beyond Frost Touch and that which comes with it, like any other normal, trained fighter. No ranged capability unless he has a gun or something, which he never learned how to use, no superhuman strengths or the like.

Bio: Alex (or "Al" if you want to make it even shorter) is an orphan hailing from Long Island, and has lived a fairly "normal" life so far. "Normal" meaning non-supernatural, of course, despite his powers. Growing up on the streets, like any young man, he got himself involved in gang activity, and on the wrong side of the law. That all changed when he was twelve, and attempted to mug 4 members of an MMA gym out celebrating a win with five other people. Long story short, they whooped him and his "friends" bailed on him. That was how he met Roy Rine and Joel Highwind, owners, co-founders, and head coaches of a nearby MMA gym and fight team. Through more than a little prostration, begging, and bleeding induced by those the former were directed to, he managed to convince them to let him live and train at the gym in exchange for doing some of the more menial labor there. Now, six years later, he's as much a member of them as anyone, and is REALLY tight with them, from the newbies to the to top contenders in the UFC. So far, has managed to stay out of the supernatural events going on in the island, and is about as knowledgable as the average muggle in regards to them. His powers are fairly low key around the gym, and most people don't know about them. Therefore, he is essentially a non-factor in the supernatural world. So far.

BangBANG

Edited by The Doc

helo frens

Edited the profile, implemented the clarifications

Name: Gabriel Stane
Codename: Delivery Man
Loyalties/Faction: Hellfire club (Hellions)
Power(S): Gabriel has the power to transport objects through the Darkforce. This power works in one of two ways: he can either transport objects to and from locations within his eyesight or through a network of preset markers. Transportation is fueled by Gabriel's body energy; as such, usage of his powers can be likened to exercise. The average energy cost has been determined as [
(the amount of energy in Joules needed to lift the object 1 metre in the air at sea level) times 15000] converted to kilocalories.
Direct transporting: Gabriel is capable of moving objects within his eyesight to another location within his eyesight, or if he has enough energy available, to a place he is currently viewing by live video.
Marker transporting: Gabriel is capable of placing marker points in certain locations, which allow him to transport objects to and from those locations without viewing them live. Any object that he wishes to summon has to be within five metres of the marker point; likewise, if he sends an object to the marker, it will materialize within five metres of the marker. He can place up to five markers in five different locations, and can delete them whenever he wants. He needs to directly touch a location to place a marker point there.

Travel time for both direct transport and marker point is determined by the volume of the object. For reference, anything smaller than a size 5 soccer ball will be transported instantly. From then on, the time in seconds needed to transport an object can be calculated as: y (time in seconds)=1/10000x (volume in cm^3)-0.557528. It takes about one-tenth of a second to lock on to his target; after that, the previously mentioned formula applies.

Appearance: Gabriel is a Caucasian man standing at exactly 6 foot, with red hair and green eyes. He will usually clothe himself in a purple business suit and a white shirt with grey stripes.
Weapons: Gabriel has performed cybernetic upgrades on himself similar to the ones performed used his parents Ezekiel and Sasha. His energy consumption rate has dropped to the point where he is capable of venting excess energy in the form of low power repulsor blasts. He has designed a pair of gloves that allow him to focus the energy better. He has his own version of Detroit Steel in storage but he (in his own words) has no talent in making and piloting powered armor.
Skills: While Gabriel is a genius on par with the likes of Reed Richards and Henry Pym, his true talent is his business savvy: he has the ability to take failed inventions of other scientists, retool them to be practical, and put them into mass production.
Personality: Visionary, charismatic, and eloquent in speech, Gabriel is the type of person that everyone instantly stereotypes as "good leader". People flock to him as they feel that he is capable of bringing their dreams to reality, something he is very capable of doing due to his business smarts. Once one passes the first layer, one will find a surprisingly honest and good natured (if somewhat cynical and ever so slightly empathy-devoid) man, contrary to what one would expect of most business executives. His greatest virtue is his simplicity; not only is he a man of simple words, but he also lives a very simple personal life. He does have a berserk button, however: mention either his parents or either of his grandfathers and he'll burst until a potentially hour-long rant about how stupid they were.
Weakness:
Mutation related weaknesses: When sending objects away, he needs to have a very clear picture of where he is sending them to. When retrieving items via marker point, he needs to know specifically what he is looking for; the transportation will fail if the object isnt in range. As well, he can't transport parts of objects; for example, he can't transport a random section of a door but he can transport the whole door. Finally, Gabriel can't just leave objects in the Darkforce; if he sucks it in, he has to spit it out somewhere.
Other weaknesses: Due to the modifications he performed on himself as well as his x-gene, Gabriel is constantly hungry. He has estimated that he requires about 30000 calories a day to keep himself in optimal condition. He usually feeds himself with his fathers high-calorie paste, but even when "full", he had to physically restrain himself from eating everything in sight. He considers his hunger so important that he placed one of his precious marker points in his fridge to ensure that he has constant access to food.
Bio: Descended from three families of supervillains, Gabriel had a very rough childhood, watching his parents Ezekiel and Sasha waste time and money on personal vendettas, something that Gabriel learned not to do. He also took care to not inherit his father's megalomania and his mother's recklessness. That being said, he did receive his father's futuristic personality (though little of the sociopathy) as well as his genius intellect, and then some.

Scrapping together what money and resources his father had left him, he began to launch his career into the business world, marketing himself as an honest, but ambitious businessman. Getting his post secondary education on the side, he founded the company Progressive International, with the focus being on bringing "superhero technology" to the civilian market. The discovery of his mutant powers threatened to bring his fledgling empire crashing down around him, but Gabriel managed to defuse concerns through a combination of misdirection and simply acting like his powers didn't exist.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all I have some really bad news.

My computer removed a trojan last week… In addition to last week being really ###### in reality for me, I didn't realize until the night before yesterday that my computer didn't just remove a trojan… Some of the good essentials that allow me to do stuff (like access the internet and control my volume) also got removed :(

So my computer crashed, and it needs to be fixed and all that jazz. In addition to work, I'm not going to be able to do much.

So I'm probably gonna be posting once a day from now until I get my computer fixed.

And yea :(

reposted for the record

Your guy is still sniping most the Hydra forces outside the base are delt with though I belive there is a helicopter still around he could take down, a few tanks he can't really do anything against and some machine gunner nests on the base.

As for the other team they ran into some trouble in the woods with a Hydra magic user (Shaman) perhaps your character could provide some sniper cover fire since they are trying to make it to the base now without Shaman messing them up too much

I thought about it, and decided to give Gabriel an easier power to measure. Mr. Stane, Take 3:

Name: Gabriel Stane

Codename: Cnidaria

Loyalties/Faction: Hellfire club (Hellions)

Power(S): Inside of Gabriel's hands are cnidocytes similar to the ones found on box jellyfish. They work in much the same way; contact with them will release venomous cnidocysts into the object he is touching, with similar results to that of box jellyfish venom. Unlike jellyfish, Gabriel can control the release of these cnidocysts; the default mode is on, however, so Gabriel either has to consciously turn his powers off when touching somebody or wear special gloves. He also possesses partial immunity to his own venom (he will not suffer any long term effects, but it still hurts a lot).

Appearance: Gabriel is a Caucasian man standing at exactly 6 foot, with red hair and green eyes. He will usually clothe himself in a purple business suit and a white shirt with grey stripes.

Weapons: Gabriel has performed cybernetic upgrades on himself similar to the ones performed used his parents Ezekiel and Sasha. The enhancements have slightly increased his reaction time and have improved his reflexes (nothing superhuman, but certainly not ordinary). He usually wears a pair of gloves that will disable his powers. He can also use special needles to shut his powers off for one hour at a time.

Skills: While Gabriel is a genius on par with the likes of Reed Richards and Henry Pym, his true talent is his business savvy: he has the ability to take failed inventions of other scientists, retool them to be practical, and put them into mass production.

Personality: Visionary, charismatic, and eloquent in speech, Gabriel is the type of person that everyone instantly stereotypes as "good leader". People flock to him as they feel that he is capable of bringing their dreams to reality, something he is very capable of doing due to his business smarts. Once one passes the first layer, one will find a surprisingly honest and good natured (if somewhat cynical and ever so slightly empathy-devoid) man, contrary to what one would expect of most business executives. His greatest virtue is his simplicity; not only is he a man of simple words, but he also lives a very simple personal life. He does have a berserk button, however: mention either his parents or either of his grandfathers and he'll burst until a potentially hour-long rant about how stupid they were.

Weakness:

Mutation related weaknesses: as mentioned above, his powers need to be consciously turned off; there is always the risk of accidentally poisoning someone in a moment of absentmindedness. As well, he needs to be in physical contact with someone to use his powers. He can temporarily shut off his powers using a temporary mutant cure specifically engineered to his DNA; it only lasts for an hour per injection, and it totally shuts off his powers, meaning that Gabriel has to ensure that he won't need his powers in the next hour

Other weaknesses: Due to the modifications he performed on himself, Gabriel is constantly hungry. He has estimated that he requires about 10000 calories a day to keep himself in optimal condition. He usually feeds himself with his fathers high-calorie paste, but even when "full", he had to physically restrain himself from eating everything in sight.

Bio: Descended from three families of supervillains, Gabriel had a very rough childhood, watching his parents Ezekiel and Sasha waste time and money on personal vendettas, something that Gabriel learned not to do. He also took care to not inherit his father's megalomania and his mother's recklessness. That being said, he did receive his father's futuristic personality (though little of the sociopathy) as well as his genius intellect, and then some.

Scrapping together what money and resources his father had left him, he began to launch his career into the business world, marketing himself as an honest, but ambitious businessman. Getting his post secondary education on the side, he founded the company Progressive International, with the focus being on bringing "superhero technology" to the civilian market. The discovery of his mutant powers threatened to bring his fledgling empire crashing down around him, but Gabriel managed to prevent word of his status as a mutant from reaching the public eye; they still believe that he is an ordinary human.

Edited by Last Son Amakusa

Name: X
Codename: Maverick
Loyalties/Faction: Hellions (soon)
Power(S): Maverick has a very strange 'power'. In the center of both palms he has a circular metal disk with an X in the center. This disk opens up using Maverick's will. A red glow now eminates from within as the metal slides away and the barrel of twin minature miniguns slides from inside. It is unknown to Maverick if these weapons are inside his body somehow or if they are somewhere else entirely and the disks are portals that allow the barrel of the weapons free. Whichever it is it seems these barrels also have an infinite amount of ammunition; however he can only unleash about thirty bullets from each hand before his weapon has to cool down and recharge for 60 seconds before he can use it again. He can fire the barrels rapidly or shoot them morearrow-10x10.png slowly, they seem to fire normal bullets.
Appearance: Maverick has dark brown hair and two golden-brown eyes. He is quite handsome, lithe and fairly tall. He always wears a black suit with a white tie.
Weapons: He appears un armed until he summons the gun barrles inside his hands.
Skills: Excellent shot with his weapons, smoothe talker, also skilled at hand to hand and hot-wring cars.
Personalityarrow-10x10.png: Maverick is hardly ever serious unless he has to be. Since he has no real memories of his past or a real name he has decided to make his life into whatever he wants it to be. Killing is nothing to him, he doesn't feel bad about it, nor does he enjoy it. He's just used to it from his time with Weapon-X. He is however loyal to Hellfire and will do as they command of him.
Weakness:
Bio: Maverick woke up one day on a slab within Novocain's lab deep within the Weapon-X underground base. He awoke with no memories of who he was, or anything before that point. He took to calling himself X since that was the symbol he saw every time he looked at his hands and he preferred it to the number Weapon-X called him by.

X spent about four years working as an assassin and doing as Weapon-X said of him. During his time as a weapom he decided to go by Maverick instead of X. He eventually returned to the base after a long misson over seas to find that it had been destroyed. Weapon-X was gone and X was now free. He spent half a year after that working as a gun for hire. Now he is staying inside a hotelarrow-10x10.png within the city waiting for another job.

Hellion char for approval.

Edited by Flex Till Death

Speaking of Hellions for approval:

Name: Skylar Vance
Codename: Lottery
Faction: Hellions
Power(S): Skyler’s power requires a lengthy explanation, not least because she might not have a power at all. For while she is capable of enacting a number of physical transformations, the X-Gene that allows her to do it simply doesn't exist whenever she is not transformed. It appears to simply appear out of nowhere whenever she wills herself to alter her shape, leading to a debate amongst the doctors treating her as to whether this is an ability in its own right or the X-Gene lying extremely dormant in her genetics.

At this point there seem to be three basic transformations that her cells undergo, each being useful or unhelpful in its own way. For starters, she can grow wings out her back, skeletal and leathery like those of a bat. What she lacks is the musculature that would let her flap those wings with enough force to lift her off the air. Or the hollow bones that would make her light enough. She can at best glide with them, using them like a hang-glider. On the plus side they’re also oddly tough, and even with regular human strength can swing with enough force to break bone.  

The second change is the ability to turn her skin into a substance similar to keratin, but whether due to some inherent property of the mutation or just from being such a thick layer, it is much tougher than regular substance. Tough enough thats its been able to resist bladed weapons and even small arms fire. Larger calibre weapons can still penetrate it though, and its vulnerable to being shattered by hammers and the like. On the downside, having her skin become more rigid slows Skyler down enormously and cuts down on her range of movement. Its also not a form she can hold very long, as the lack of elasticity around the chest also restricts her breathing.

On the subject of breathing, her third power is easily the least noticeable, but also the most visually impressive when she employs it. She breathes fire. Specifically, her lungs change so that, rather than carbon dioxide, they produce some gas that reacts violently with air, creating a plume of flame. She has no control over this fire once she expels it, and can only sustain a jet as long as she has breath in her lungs. She can’t stop breathing this flammable gas either, so even talking will create a shower of sparks.

As they derive from different genetic structures, she can only have one of these abilities active at a time, and her access to them is random. For example, if she were thrown from a plane she couldn’t just choose to grow wings. She’d just have to will a transformation into and hope she got them. Nor could she just keep randomly trying until she got the wings, as receiving a power locks her into that genetic code until her baseline DNA re-asserts itself and she gets the rest of her choices back. An unfortunate by-product of this power is that it is slowly killing her, even if she isn't actively using it. Having her DNA in a constant state of flux is tearing her apart.

Appearance: Tall and covered in lean muscle, Skyler can, and quite often is, mistaken for male. Her hair is a rich chocolatey brown and, now she can wear it long, she has taken to doing so, keeping it a ponytail that sweeps down to the base of her neck. Her features are not particularly harsh, her nose not a hatchet, her cheekbones not knife-edges, but she has a certain weathered appearance that makes even her button nose and slightly dimpled cheeks seem stark.
Weapons: None
Skills: A decent enough shot and pretty good with electronics. Well, pretty good at shutting down electronics.
Personality: Touchy and defensive. Its easy to get under her skin, even unintentionally; she’ll take attempts to help her as patronisation. Her growing anger and frustration make her increasingly prone to bouts of violence.
Weakness: Her powers are awkward, unwieldy and limited in scope, making them generally unhelpful. They’re also killing her, as her physical health is also deteriorated at an exponential rate
Bio: Skyler used to be a police officer. One of the few women in what is still a very male dominated society. as such she had to strive to do everything twice as good or be considered half the worth. She managed to become ‘one of the lads’ to some, but still had that competitive need to do better, to be better. Her solution? Become a PSBT, part of her department’s bomb disposal team. If anything could show she had cojones and then rub them in everyone’s faces it was having her job be to murder bombs. Murder them right in their explosive faces. 

And this was where it all started to go wrong. She was called out for her EOD experience on what was supposed to be a very ordinary mission, or as ordinary as bomb disposal got, for a pipe bomb found in a schoolyard. But whatever it was, it wasn’t a regular pipe bomb. Made for some sort of chemical dispersal, the wiring and other components were unfamiliar to her. But with no time for the army to get there, and people in danger, she tried her best. 

She failed.

The chemicals within the device exploded, releasing a noxious vapour that Skyler took the full brunt of. At first the cloud didn’t seem to have done anything, she might as well have been doused in water vapour. She thought her suit had protected her. But then the pains started. And the headaches, and the sudden faints. And when the doctors checked her out they were utterly baffled. Her body was just...falling apart. Like her DNA was simply unravelling. Knowing that she had the reaper stalking her, Skyler became much more isolated, cutting herself off from friends and family. Being trapped in a body that was slowly betraying her after being the very thing she’d used to cleave her place in the world? Her idea of Gehenna. And when she woke up one day with the pains gone and leathery wings sprouting from her back? She thought that was exactly where she’d gone. It took her a while to realise that she’d been mutated some way, that the chemicals she’d been hit by had altered her, and longer still to get the hang of the new abilities it granted her. Accidentally burning down her apartment discovering her fire breath, and endangering the lives of all her neighbours in the process, was what convinced her she needed to reconnect and get help. And it was a good thing she did, as it wasn’t too long after that that her legs failed. She is incapable of walking without braces on her legs and crutches. Running out of options, she’s becoming increasingly desperate…

Edited by More Fierce Than Fire

7AOYGDJ.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Alright!

Long overdue, but frankly, I've been beyond busy. The staff've been chatting about getting things going again, so provided no new issues arise that cut down on available time, that should be a thing soon. In the mean time, profiles:

X: Strange power, and a very minimal profile, but there isn't anything technically wrong with it. I would highly prefer if it were beefed up a bit, but nevertheless, +1. 

Stane: I need some explanation of what effect his poison has on his target before I can pass approval.

Lottery: Here's a tricky one. I have no objection to her powers, and there is nothing technically wrong with her. However, the explanation of those powers touches on a very serious matter that a few people have raised issue with. As such, I have a dual sentence; +1, as there is nothing technically wrong, but I must urge an alteration to the explanation of her powers. Cancer ain't a laughing matter. 

I will try to have my own characters' posts back up to speed within twenty four hours.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Character to go with one of Tyler's upcoming profiles. Post for approval.

Name: Leon Kane 

Codename: None. 

Loyalties/Faction: Nominally, his current employer though this attitude is somewhat…flexible to say the least. At the moment the majority of his loyalties lay with his partner in cri-business, Jenna. In short, he is more loyal to ideas and his current way of life then too any one faction. As he possesses some basic morality he can be relied upon to betray certain kinds of employers. This is often done with ill-concealed glee. He also has pronounced, loud, loathing of the more organized vampires, the covens. Who he feels are a bunch of arrogant would-be aristocrats that, by and large, are good for nothing at all. In short, in his view, they are much like the very worst sort of politician. 

Power(S):  He shares the powers and abilities of a certain strain of vampires, though with one notable different. His general strength and speed is well above the human norm, and the fact he isn’t exactly alive has increased his durability to a great extent as well, as vampires have fewer vital points to hit. Unlike some other vampires of this particular strain however, he is completely unable to manifest a glamor or otherwise affect the human mind hypnotically. He is perversely proud of this fact. He does, however, possess a smattering of magical knowledge that, should it ever be married to reliable sources on the subject, could be quite dangerous. 

Appearance: Caucasian and sporting a light tan, Leon Kane doesn’t appear to be one who spends his days locked up in a cabin in the mountains staring at weapons with a disturbing glint in the eye. This impression is, of course, true. Aside from his skin tone he has a head of black hair tied in a ponytail behind his head, though this often becomes somewhat untidy the further he gets from civilization. The jungle, for example, cares little for niceties. His eyes are a light green, though after his transformation much of their original vibrancy has fled to parts unknown. His features are otherwise somewhat sharp and angular, with notable fangs being evident in his mouth. In terms of clothing he tends to dress in whatever suits the climate he is currently visiting, though the red fez he always sports is utterly unnegotiable, come rain or sleet or snow, he will be wearing the fez. All glory to the fez.

Weapons: Due to the massive variety of environments his work takes him too Leon prefers to use simple, durable weapons. This translates into a well-worn AK-74 that looks as though it has been dragged through a swamp, thrown across a desert and left for dead atop a snow-capped mountain. Beyond this he has a variety of small knifes and daggers. One dagger in particular is of special note however, as it is clearly quite old. Forged from steel during the days of Ptolemaic Egypt, this dagger sports a hilt of crocodile bone with designs of various creatures, often somewhat jackal-like of unknown origin upon it. This weapon possess some amount of magic that manifests in a very singular effect, when stabbed into the body of an enemy a small army of scarabs will crawl forth from it, tearing and biting. They can be killed as easily as other insects however. 

Skills: Having gone through military and MACE training, Leon is an excellent melee combatant and proficient with most modern arms, though swords, spears and the like are somewhat out of his league in that regard, he tends to focus on the modern battlefield and not the ancient wars of humanity. He is an astute researcher and scholar, to some extent, as he has made a point of studying ancient cultures amongst other things. He has a basic understanding of vampire biology and what, exactly, makes them tick, making him more than a little dangerous to any other neck-biters who provoke his ire. As mentioned above, he has some knowledge of magic, though, as yet, he has not been able to master any spells. It’s very much a work in progress.

Personality: Irreverent, pointedly disdainful of certain kinds of authority and having little patience for the various would be nobles of the vampire world, Leon Kane is a strange mix of philosopher, “archeologist” (his methods would give most true archeologists a heart attack and then some) and soldier. Leon tends to be free with his opinions and utterly uncaring of what other people might think of them, though he makes exceptions for people who manage to become close to him. Arrogance in general seems to be something of a constant bugbear for him, as, when confronted with it, he cannot resist the impulse to take the person displaying it down a few pegs. When discussing matters of magic and certain ancient secrets however, he grows deadly serious. There is a time for play, and a time to focus on not teeing off the dark powers of the old world. 

Weakness: Being a vampire, he shares the weaknesses of his strain. Namely that a wooden stake through the heart will kill him right quickly, even by the standards of such a deadly event. Wood contacting the interior of the body in general has a paralytic effect upon this strain. The real danger, of course, is his allergy to holy water and the chemicals contained within, which have roughly the effect Germany had on France during the opening years of World War 2 on his body. Holy water, even small amounts of it, is quite deadly to this particular strain of vampires. Bullets and weapons that simulate the sun, if they were to penetrate his body, would also have a deadly effect, not just upon area infected by the bullet, but in every part of his body the light touches, as it would instantly kill the virus that keeps vampires moving, walking and talking.

Bio: Leon Kane grew up in the most desolate, hateful area on Earth, the dreaded city of darkness and despair, Detroit. Understandably, he fell in with the army as soon as humanly possible and left that city of terror and horror far far behind him. He spent much of his time in the service with the army, but transferred to MACE soon after that short-lived organization was founded. As far as he was concerned, the pay was good, but the work was dangerous. Leon quietly resented being shifted to such a dangerous job when, previously, he’d been nestled in a somewhat comfortable base in Germany. His feelings on the matter did not improve when MACE launched a raid on city within the deepest deserts of Arabia, supposedly the hiding place of a dangerous mutant cult.

This was not the case. A cult of vampires, empowered by sorcery beyond the ken of most, and aided by monsters summoned from depths unreachable by many minds, had made its home within that forsaken, desolate city. Leon and his unit made in a stand in the ruined, ancient temple of the city, holding off the creatures for three days with bullets, grenades and exceedingly creative shouted obscenity. However, one could only hold off a cult by questioning their parentage and their mother’s choice in partners for so long and eventually, his unit was overrun. Leon and the few other survivors fled into the shadows of the city, hoping to escape or find more solid ground to fight from. Leon managed to escape the city, eventually, though when he walked back out into the desert sands, blood dripping from a large wound in his neck, he wasn’t what one would call human anymore. Not being one to dwell on things, he fell out with MACE and spent the next few years skipping across the Middle East digging up old ruins, reading through even older books and occasionally getting shot at or bitten as he searched for answers.

If he found them, he isn’t talking very much about them. He left the Middle East after meeting his partner, figuring that, at the very least, she made things quite interesting. He spent the next few years traipsing around the world with her, digging up artifacts, breaking blood cruses, getting shot at quite a bit more…overall, he’s found the whole experience quite exciting. There are worse ways to spend an unlife, as it were. 
Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Leon looks good. +1.

And, my Hydra character.

THE BEEEEES

Name: Angela Apinai (app-pin nye) Parker

Codename: None.

Faction: Hydra

Powers: Angela can control any kind and any number of bees. Her primary limitation is the speed of getting the insects to her location. Additionally, she can transform any part of her body or her entire form into bees, as well as any inanimate object she's touching, though that object will reassemble after an hour, the bees drawn irresistibly back to the original location of the item. She can also heal herself with insects.

Appearance: A fairly pretty, brown eyed young woman. Her hair changed colors a lot as she was growing up, but appears to have settled on a dark brown streaked through with black and bright, bright yellow, reaching down a little past her shoulders.

Weapons: None, apart from a single pistol.

Skills: Excellent gardener and markswoman, as well as a fairly good harmonica player.

Personality: Somewhat antisocial, Angela tends to avoid other members of her own species in favor of various kinds of animals, especially insects.

Weaknesses: Bees are small and fragile creatures, as well as being weak to insecticides.

Biography: How many ways can you say "ordinary?"

Well, none of them apply.

Born the child of Peter Parker a scant month before the Phoenix incident and pulled along with her mother on every business trip, neither Angela's DNA nor her life has ever been stable, until, finally, her mother looked to be settling down in Hollywood...

And that's where, at the age of ten and in the garden outside their home, Angela was stung by a bee irradiated in a laboratory nearby, shifting her unstable DNA to another configuration entirely.

History is doomed to repeat itself.

Peter Parker's daughter was captured by a Hydra agent merely a year later on her way home from school, and subsequently taught how to use her powers... All for their glory, of course.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles