Marvel Rebirth: Discussion

It was mentioned in the profile I believe.

I did get the impression is was talked about before judging by how it went through the approval process....

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Name: Lynae RosewoodAge: 788 (Looks 22) Gender: Female Race: VampireFaction: HellFire Club (Black Queen)Appearance: Lynae has long dark blonde hair that is kind of wavy and flows around her face and blue eyes. She has plump, pink lips and pale skin. She is considered to be very beautiful, both by vampires and humans, and often uses it to her advantage. Lynae has an athletic body but is not overly muscular and possess feminine curves. (Face claim: http://media1.santabanta.com/full1/Global%20Celebrities(F)/Amber%20Heard/amber-heard-15a.jpg )Weapons: Dual wielding swords (both dipped in silver) and she uses two handguns, with silver bullets.Personality: Lynae, in general, is a strong willed vampire that works to get what she wants. She is polite, has good manners, and works her way through people that way. She is also a tease, using her beauty to play around with men and often teasing her food into thinking she is weak. Lynae only kills to feed on certain occasions, though she will kill when threatened. She loves humor but can often be very serious when the occasion calls for it. Abilities: Lynae is abnormally strong, just like a normal vampire, along with enhanced speed. Along with her speed, Lynae is incredibly graceful. She also has mastered the ability of glamor.Skills: A master at the dual swords and also an excellent archer. She is very agile and graceful, making her a sight to behold with her swords. She is also very well with her handgun, a cold cup commander.Weaknesses: She has the normal weaknesses of the vampire race. A wooded object ran through her will immobilize her, if herheart is pierced by a stake she will die instantly. A wooded bullet can injure her, as can a holy-water coated bullet or a solar paneled one. Lycan venom will not allow her wounds to heal until it is out of her. If she doesn't drink blood for months on end (she needs less blood due to her age) she will slowly dry up until she can feed again.Bio: Lynae was originally born into a noble family in Northern England. Her father was English and her mother Scandinavian, thus she was given a Scandinavian name. She grew up, learning manners and other traits worthy of her position in society. But in secret she practiced dual sword wielding, becoming quite successful. Yet when she had turned 22, her castle was attacked by foul creatures, invading armies from across the sea. She was brutally stabbed, only to be saved by a vampire.( I feel that I should be trusted with a vampire character because I have a pretty good record with Lynae in the old game and she never went on a killing rage, let alone killed someone. This trend, unless necessary and allowed, will continue. I hope you find me worthy of possessing her.)

Edited by Queen Elsa of Arendelle

I got a few vampire characters planned. Maybe we could have a chat about them? I feel like the supernatural races need a solid origin story behind them so new stuff doesn't get pulled in willy-nilly.

Granted. I have no power to do this beyond my abiity to inspire fear in others.

So yeah, just a personal feeling there.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

ToA, if you did spring this on them without talking with them before hand, well....uh.

Thin ice.

With robotic sharks beneath it. A character suddenly becoming a father is....uh, something the creator of the character should be included in....

Evil knows how I'd react if it turned out Romulus somehow had one.

ToA, if you did spring this on them without talking with them before hand, well....uh.

Thin ice.

With robotic sharks beneath it. A character suddenly becoming a father is....uh, something the creator of the character should be included in....

Evil knows how I'd react if it turned out Romulus somehow had one.

Baby Augustus.

Must happen doe.

EDIT: Basilisk, I found out just before the character went through the approval process.

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Oh that isn't a problem at all! The more homogenous their origin is, the better.

Excellent.

I feel it should be discussed here, in the open, where the staff can easily access it and people could throw in ideas they like. Provided the people actually playing/planning vampires like them as well.

ToA, if you did spring this on them without talking with them before hand, well....uh. Thin ice. With robotic sharks beneath it. A character suddenly becoming a father is....uh, something the creator of the character should be included in.... Evil knows how I'd react if it turned out Romulus somehow had one.

Alex just wants to get out of there ASAP, he thought he was going to listen to an anguished explanation for a departure, not a surprise baby. Poor guy's terrified. :P

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Well.

In that case, pretty well-played. I'll go back to enjoying the brutal deconstruction of the "free spirit" archtype.

I'm enjoying this much more then I should be. :P

Edited by Basilisk

AH YA!

Post for Scott should be up soonish.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

Okay. Now I'm getting conflicting reports. Alot of them.

I'm just going to say that this a pretty good way to deconstruct the "Free spirit" concept. Like to live without consequences and when one shows up....can't handle it. I personally enjoy that sort of story. That's probably because I'm a lifeless husk animated by pure spite, hatred and cynicism. If this was sprung on Tyler with no warning and he couldn't refuse, then that is....bad. Not good form. Something that major is something he should be included in.

Edited by Basilisk

Lynae Rosewood - And more characters from the last game appear! Woo! +1

Yeah, this, even though Nick already gave it approval. Figure I might as well publicly approve her being Black Queen and all anyway given her stature in the previous game.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Okay then. Onto undead creatures of the night.

I've got three species of vampires planned.

The Serpents-Byproduct of Serpent Men genetic tampering. Undead for all intents and purposes (not dead, more...frozen. The body could technically work, but does not), a mixture of human and reptile traits, cold-blooded, fangs, can spread their infection by venom and very very agile and flexible compared to the human norm. Likes: Sunlight (cold-blooded remember, snakes sunbathe for a reason), blood (needed to be broken into energy for the body to sustain basic functions) and sensing viberations with their feet (snakes do the same thing mind).

Dislikes: Cold (they'll freeze quite quickly, since this will destroy their ability to circulate blood, this will effectively kill them), bullets, swords etc, they're stealthy and sneaky and not immune to bullets. Do enough damage to their system and they'll go down, though swords are better for this then bullets, cut off the head and all that.

The Risen-The product of potent blood magic and dark rituals. These are sorcerers who took a form of immortality. They're walking corpses, their heart doesn't beat, their organs have withered to dry husks. They rely totally on blood to remain mobile and functional. It breaks down into the basic energy their body uses to keep running. They cannot spread by bite. This also gives them the ability to control blood in others, to a certain extent. They can use the blood of others to fuel some spells, though they can only make "people puppets" of a few people at a time, lest they burn their own supply of blood away utterly Likes: Magic (you need to be skilled with certain types of magic to become one), blood.

Dislikes: Running out of blood. If they run low or run out, they'll literally start to rot away. Not a good thing. They cannot heal naturally, at all. They rely totally on magic to heal any wounds they take. Bullets are ineffective on them, you need to target the veins, the blood to take them down, otherwise they'll just keep moving.

The third...I have not thought about much yet.

Edited by Basilisk

Mentioned in another one of my profiles.

I prefer to create and balance my own types. That way I know exactly what I'm working with.

And vampire blood doesn't suddenly become a mythical superdrug that makes you faster and stronger. :P

You might want to change the "Blood Puppet" thing a bit. As it is, it sound like a way to semi-perma-bunny someone else's character.

Also, what about bullets that take a chunk out of the target?

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Those kinds of bullets would work well.

The ability constantly burns blood, can't be used to long durations of time. Making someone stop in their tracks is difficult enough. Making them walk, talk, fight and such as....is uh, well.

Have a swimming pool full of blood handy. And be prepared to refill it at the end of the week. Technically possible. Highly improbable. Plus, it doesn't allow you to see through their eyes. So it's effectively line-of-sight.

Edited by Basilisk

That makes sense I guess. From the description up there it looked like the vampire could control the blood inside another person and use that to do stuff.

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

That makes sense I guess. From the description up there it looked like the vampire could control the blood inside another person and use that to do stuff.

Blood and nerve endings are different things. Less Dragon Age style blood magic, more Avatar style blood bending. :P

Meanwhile, I've just been informed that doormen in NYC are unflappable.

Those are, of course, words that can only be taken as a challenge.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Name: Robin Huntian.Age: 122 (looks 17-18)Gender: MaleFaction: NoneAppearance: He has brownish blonde hair and green eyes that get flickers of red in them when he's angry. He looks much more muscular than most vampires, being as he actually has to work out. About 6'2". He has fangs shorter than a vampire's, though they rarely pop out.Weapons: Robin uses a silver edged sword and a large crossbow, as well as two 40 caliber pistols.Updated: Robin now uses the mythical weapon Vasilis, the Sword of Light and Darkness. It appears to be a pure black blade surrounded by glowing blue flames. The blade cuts extremely effectively (not to adamantium's level) and boosts his physical abilities somewhat, as well as being, well... Flaming. It should be noted that he doesn't have much of a boost over his ordinary strength, seeing as its calibrated for humans. In addition, once removed from its sheath the blade becomes addicting, and can kill the wielder through sheer exhaustion if he's not careful.Personality: Robin is a paradox. He's often aloof, but once you get to know him he's friendly and loyal. Most of his jokes are lines used to distract foes, and he barely ever cracks a grin when around unknown people. The only person he trusts at all is Nicole.Powers: Robin's stronger, faster, and more agile than a normal human, but not near as fast or agile as a fullblood. Think halfway between. Robin's strength, however, is about the same due to a strict training regimen. His senses are enhanced.

Robin, unlike normal vampires, can drink blood to boost his powers to an ordinary or above ordinary vampire's level, though this hastens the infection's speed, causing it to eat up the little humanity he has left.Skills: Extremely good with his sword, rarely gets distracted from a mission.Weaknesses: He has to keep his bloodlust under control. Light and fire based attacks do more damage than normal. A mortal wound by human standards will kill him if he fails to treat it, it'll just take longer. All vampiric weaknesses apply, but to a much weaker level. As he gets older the infection will take over more and more, though he's kept it at bay by resisting most of his urges.Bio: Robin's life began quite interestingly. His mother was turned by Jace Pulliam (approved by Tyler) when he was a baby, turning her into a vampire and him into a bizarre cross known as a dhampir. The hotblooded young man took to fighting, first on the Allies' side in World War 1 and again in WWII, each time showing distinction in the service of his country. It also taught the soldier the value of patience, gradually cooling his aggressive temper.He met Nicole in the present day, eventually falling into a trial conducted by an ancient mage and passing with flying colors.Then his world flipped upside down. A year ago, half of him felt like it was ripped away.Jace had died.Robin went into seclusion to regain strength, and is only now returning... Well, there's my dhampir XD

Edited by Kaithas

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

If you can think of something that'll impress someone who was around for a HYDRA attack, giant robots hunting mutants in the street, the Brotherhood hijacking TV stations and killing reporters for the funzies, SpecOps commando's fighting mutants in the streets, a few terrorist attacks and, last, but certainly not least, a Helicarrier crashing down on them, then I would very much like to see it. :P

As for Vampires, I think, in the context of the RPG the term might mean...well, not on unified race clearly, but probably a collection of completely different species that could, at first glance, be confused for offshoots of the same main race.

Edited by Basilisk

So, sorry anybody who was looking forward to my joining this (that makes probably a net 0 of you, Basilisk not counted as a person), but I just...don't have the time for it. Too many other things I'm in and working on to hop in.

So unless anybody can make a good argument as to why I should even attempt to join in...yeah. Probably won't see me.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

I own your soul. There's your argument.

Traded for it.

Yog-Sothoth got the coordinates of a certain Doctor in exchange.

Edited by Basilisk

Well, Outer God legal difficulties aside...

I've got the origin stories for my vampires down. I suppose it's up to the people running the other types of vampires to hammer out an origin story for them.

Edited by Basilisk