Marvel, Rebirth:

IC:

"Looking. You can't help me." Sierra automatically responded with the phrases she'd practiced. "What about you?" her gaze wandered to the trees surrounding them both, small whisps of black fog starting to stream out from under her eyepatch.

IC: 

"Oh....I'm debating whether or not to become a tree. It's a very tempting idea, I'm not very suited for...civilization. People tend to run screaming just at the sight of me." The plant woman shrugged. "Can't say I blame them, even my fellow comrades from the other universe tend to avoid me. I guess I'm too much of a monster." 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"Other universe...?" Sierra took a second look at the woman in front of her. Her gaze slowly traveled over the woman's flora-like features. An expression of horror formed on her scarred features.

"You!" she shouted it as though it was an accusation. "No matter where I go, I can't-!" she jerked forward, her hood falling down as she caught herself from stumbling. The small puffs of fog coming from her eye socket abruptly converged and shot out like a spear before wrapping themselves into a protective spiral around her. She let out a surprised and somewhat pained cry in between trying to suck air into her deteriorated lungs. "Monster, huh?" she let loose a string of short, hacking coughs and raised her head to stare directly at Ashley. She laughed.

"As we are apparently of the same kin, I can ask you: would you run from this?" she gestured to her now unveiled features. The small scars criss-crossing her skin which has preciously been almost unnoticeable were now an angry, raw red that had completely split and bled in some cases. One of her eyes was completely missing, and having been uncovered seemed like a boring hole into her skull. The remaining one was almost as bad. Its previously bright and clear lavender color was now covered with such a misty haze that it appeared blind. That particular thing she hoped would go unnoticed, as not being able to see very well was currently weakening her. She bared her teeth slightly, showing canines that were still sore from an impromptu artificial sharpening.

IC: 

Ashley pursed her lip. "Hmmm...you're looking a little pale there, I'd offer you a drink but...you know, middle of the forest." Her feet subtlely became unrooted from the ground as she spoke, never taking her eyes off of Sierra. 

"Truth is, when it comes to the whole fight or flight thing...I usually choose fight." The trees around her croaked and groaned, as if they were stretching. "If you think we are monsters, well you haven't seen what's in my universe." 

IC:

The whirling fog pulled away from Sierra and gradually solidified into the form of a tall man. Sierra froze and watched out of the corner of her eye, her breathing becoming faster but more controlled.

IC:

For christ's sake, what was with all these freaks? Tayen stretched, his arms rising above his head for a moment before being dropped back by his sides. He smirked at the strange woman and spoke in a casual tone.

"Well, now that we're done trading sob stories, maybe my daughter can stop wasting time and get back to not being useless." Said girl didn't respond. If she hadn't started pulling on her hair nervously he would have thought she was ignoring him.

Sighing and rolling his eyes, Tayen grabbed Sierra by the back of her neck and pulled her closer to himself. "Sorry about your universe, but my concern lies here." as he said this, the hand on his daughter tightened. She muttered "Sorry."

IC:

"In my defense, she's the one who approached me. I was minding my own business, talking to trees and questioning my existence." She crossed her arms.

Edited by Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon

IC:

Tayen shook his head. "Of course you were." A touch of condescension could be heard under his politeness. "She's not right in the head, you see. I hope you understand my protectiveness." Sierra opened her mouth as though about to protest. Before she could, however, Tayen cut her off by elbowing her sharply in the back.

"Don't." he growled.

IC:

Ashley chuckled at that, not at Sierra getting elbowed mind you, that was just mean. She found what Tayen said to be hilarious. 

"Really now, who is right in the head these days? In this universe and mine, sane people are pretty hard to come by. Honestly you could sell them on the black market for a pretty penny. I'd totally do that if I had any use for money."

IC (Aramis):

"Never been to Germany myself," Aramis answered mildly, as he wondered whether his new acquaintance had genuinely managed to forget where he'd been born, or if he was only pretending, trying to show how little he wanted that place and everything in it to mean. Either way, he decided, he did not want to ask about Batman's childhood.

"So... anything good happen lately? Heard there was a parade a couple of days before I hit town, bunch of SHIELD-types coming together to celebrate, something to the tune of 'Ding-dong, the Nazi's dead.'"

IC (Cynegild):

Cynegild had stopped trying to identify the statues of past members of Hellfire once he figured out that the layers were arranged by century, and also that none of the others sat on a throne of peanuts. He'd gotten down to the 8th century, and still nobody had managed to top that.

As he slipped down to land atop the next pediment, something went awry and his foot, landing on something a good deal more slippery than marble (Did Lacey really put a banana peel there? Is she that good at this?), flew out from under him, and he fell down and away from the building, twisting in the dark to try and take the fall with as little damage as possible.

As he fell past the ground-floor windows and the welcoming lights of Starbucks flashed past his vision, he had time for one thought before he hit the ground.

I am going to drink all of the tea, and no one can stop me.

• Upvote 1

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC (Hikaru):

Another thought occured, long after I had managed to procure some cheap changes of clothes to wear during an impromptu shopping spree, where I'd avoided talking as much as possible. The reason for that being that I didn't want to accidentally show my fangs, feeling already conspicuous enough with the not-quite pallor, but undeniably paler than before I was turned skin tone.

Talk about a poorly worded sentence.

えいご は かんたん じゃない...

Sorry, I'm getting off track; as I said, I had another realization, one intrinsically related to the fact that just weeks before, I was but a normal, lowly human.

We were going to have to get through the airport.

Neither Jenna nor Leon seemed to be too worried about the idea, so it obviously must have been possible, but I couldn't help but feel a looming sense of dread at the thought of, somehow, being confronted by airport security and my identity coming to light. Really, it sounds a bit silly phrasing it that way, but it was a very real discomfort I was experiencing. Like what I would imagine trying to tiptoe past a snoozing bear would feel like. Brushing close with trouble, but never outright confronting it...

Dangerous. Despite having come to respect Jenna's experience, I had a feeling I'd never fully shake my doubts until we were already in California.

I would just need to trust her judgement.

helo frens

IC:

So off to California they went!

...Or, rather, starting off on the four-or-five plane conga line cross-country...they...went.

It started off well enough: the only snag in New York City was a defiant Jenna, chugging her entire half-gallon of water defiantly upon learning a water bottle wasn't allowed onboard an airplane. This aircraft, she vowed in coarse half-Italian to Leon, would just have to deal with my bladder the old fashioned way! But that was hyperbole, of course.

There was only ever one fashioned way.

Fuggedaboutit!

Their first connecting flight was in Nashville, Tennessee. She bought herself and Luke some cheap white shades at the airport, pushed her long hair back in her best (quite terrible) impression of Elvis Presley, and found time for four selfies before their departure time. She forgot to hit the restroom.

Fuggedaboutit!

Their next connecting flight was in Bismarck, North Dakota.

"...I think we took a wrong turn somewhere..."

At least Jenna found time to use the bathroom, for, as she quickly learned, there was nothing in Bismarck, North Dakota to seize the mind's fancy. There were also no flights direct to California, and after an hour - in which time she consumed four giant soft pretzels and bought four more for each of her proteges - she was growing to desperation.

"I'll sell you this family heirloom for a flight to Denver--C'MERE YA LITTLE--"

> "JENNA GET OFF"

"Three tickets to Denver for this...pffft...Samsung Galaxy! It's full of sentimental value!"

"I'll buy you another when we're there, Leon, stop pouting."

Their next flight was to Denver. Go problem solving!

Fuggedaboutit!

Luke quietly guarded his phone with his life. Luckily, they reached Denver.

"Legal pot brownies, right?"

> "NO"

>> "NO"

"Just screwin' with ya, kids, jeez. You know, I bet nobody ever gave Miss Frizzle this hard a time."

From Denver, they left on their final flight. By this time, even Jenna had quieted from exhaustion, and replaced her left earbud with Luke's right, while he wore her opposing earbud with heads pressed together. Now and again, she would yawn, breaking the cacophony of the Ramones and Luke's Japanese synth music to let out a little exhaustion. Leon, for his part, sat surly, despite Jenna's attempts to engage him now and again, and promise him that "you're gonna meet a new phone that's so great you forget all about that old Samsung slattern!"

F U G G E D A B O U T I T !

Finally, after what seemed like a lifetime (fourteen hours) they reached California.

"So, leave the next task to me. We just gotta wander around until we find out where Enzo lives!" Jenna announced cheerfully at the Rent-a-Car desk. Leon's face tightened, while Luke's did this adorable little UNNNGH thing where it fell slack and his eyes turned into spirals. Must be that moon blood. She tried blowing a particular offending stalk of hair down and made her way out to the parking lot. Luke edged out carefully after them, only really stepping into the sunset when he realized that Jenna hadn't burned to the cutest crisp in the Western Hemisphere, and Leon followed to prove her survival was no fluke. The Italian turned to him and grinned, with another crooked rustle of his hair with as close to a nurturing vibe as she had ever gotten.

"We ain't those kind of vampires, kid. Besides, we can't burn to death. We're on a field trip! Ain't that right, Leon?"

-Tyler

• Upvote 3

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC (Leon)

Leon spluttered. "Wait. You mean he thought-and you knew...?!" His head whipped from Jenna to Luke in quick succession, before pinning Jenna with his typical 'why' stare. "...and...you let him think that?!

Edited by Havelock Vetinari

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

I stood stock still, content to simply bask in the soft orange light and feel its warmth for the first time that month.

The sun wasn't my enemy after all. I wasn't in danger of burning into a crisp at the slightest sunbeam after all. I wasn't locked to nighttime activities only after all.

Yes!

I clenched my fist and held it above my head in a lone, passionate pump. Victory! Freedom!

Peace of mind!

"I'm glad for that." I replied with a simple, content smile, strangely at ease as her fingers ruffled my coarse black hair. Was this what having an older sister was like? It was certainly better than two uppity younger ones, not that I wasn't starting to miss them as well.

The grin turned into a mischievous smirk as she pulled her hand away. "I was starting to turn into one of you white people."

In all seriousness, this was a massive bombshell of good news, and I could feel a large portion of the weight on my shoulders rising away into the pink skies above.

Edited by Best Gungnir

helo frens

IC (Leon)

Leon quietly gave up all hope in logic. He couldn't help but grin, seeing the kid get his first taste of sunlight in...who knows how long. He should've noticed....######, he really should have noticed. It wasn't like it would be a hard habit to pick up on, someone avoiding sunlight like the plague.

He nodded, slightly, at Luke. "Feels good, don't it?" He rubbed the back of his head nervously.

Still. Nothing for it now. Leon sighed and turned to Jenna. "Well. It have any maps in it? I'll need to set down some zones." Leon glanced at his pack meaningfully. "See what kind of wildlife we've got here." It was a tricky thing, figuring out how to hunt in a new state. What species were probably safe to poach a bit. Which ones would provide the most blood. Wouldn't be missed.

Edited by Havelock Vetinari

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: "It does. A lot more than you'd think." I replied to the older vampire with a nod, as the car pulled up, a nondescript yellow sedan.

I don't know if it was Jenna's perpetual optimism getting to me, or the sheer euphoria at seeing sunlight after so long, or something else.

But I acted with much more impetus now, with much more energy.

I burst as if at a track meet towards the Sedan.

"Shotguuuuuuuuuu~uuuun!"

• Upvote 1

helo frens

IC:

"Adding a before midnight qualifier doesn't make it any better." Dallas tilted his head and grinned. "Bet I can make you smile within the hour. What's it worth if I do?"

-Tyler

Edited by Luke Schwarz

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Whassa matter? Scared of me under your skin?"

The look on the Ultimate's face was absolutely devilish.

IC:

She wasn't one for watching guys eat, normally. Pretty voyeuristic. But man, Alistair's jawline...

It would ripple. Like a soft British fault line, teasing her.

To be a mozzarella stick right about now...

-Tyler

Edited by Luke Schwarz

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Another universe, as in an alternate reality...dimension...whatever you want to call it, I'm not originally from this Earth, the Earth I grew up in had most of it's population either assimilated or wiped out by the Phalanx." Ashley let out a puff of air.

"Anyway, from your perspective I'm an alternate version of the Ashley from this universe. I looked just like her before I became well...this." She cleared her throat. "Anywho, we managed to defeat the Phalanx with the help of someone from your universe but it's still pretty depressing over there soooo we're over here now. Yay." 

IC:

It was a fun drive.

"--so this was really the second time we were driven out of London, if you count that spat around the turn of the century, but I try not to. I mean, who lets a guy come between sisters anyway? Not like I tied him down and mind melded him into liking me. Breaking news: sometimes guys don't like being glared and pouted at all day, and a little spunk gets a little refreshing, so whaddaya gonna do? But noooo, Lynae Rosewood, so much as eye flirting with me got read as the desire to ride me into the ground like Caligula's horse. I mean, this one did, but I didn't do sisterly seconds anyway and by this time I'd met--Luke, are your eyes on the road? You're looking kind of glazed, and it's your side that's gonna get creamed if we're in a wreck. Anyway, that's enough of my stories for a couple blocks. And now we return to Leon Kane at the sports desk. Leon, whatcha got for me?"

All Leon had were directions, quiet directions spoken in the soft voice of a man who was saving up his energy for use in a dignified death later on, which wasn't even really what she asked for. But she'd known what he was gonna give anyway, and as it turns out, he was actually pretty helpful, in his own forlorn way.

Not like Jenna, who had been alternating between filling the car with stories and wondering loudly who let Bryan Adams into her punk mix - even though she seemed very reluctant to actually turn off the aforementioned Bryan Adams.

"So. Second time we were driven out of London. This time, really is all Enzo's fault, even he'll agree with me. Mouthed off to Dad, God bless him, and I had to beg for his life for a week. Got told that if I left, it'd be on pain of not returning for a half century. I ended up flying out with him anyway, because by then I'd already seen Raiders of the Lost Ark and I was really, really into being like Harrison Ford, so we chartered a flight as Orlando and America Ferrari and split up at New York. I think he was happy to be rid of the place, to be honest. New York was too uptight for him, not enough people willing to open up to a little Tuscany ch--ooh, we're here!"

Jenna flipped on her sunglasses and pushed open the driver's side door, bounding out onto the street in glee and gazing up at the apartment complex before them. Guessing where he was at wasn't gonna be hard - sooner or later, every vampire con man grabbed himself a penthouse, watch a movie sometime and see for yourself - but that didn't change that he didn't know what his reaction to her (and now her two proteges) was going to be like.

She bit her lip, quickly and softly, in worry. For comfort, her finger, effectively on autopilot, glided up into the air and began twirling around the soft, fluffy appendage atop Luke's head.

-Tyler

Edited by Luke Schwarz

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: "Uh..." I droned, blinking and returning back to the conscious world as I slowly grew aware of a light, gyrating tugging sensation on the oddest trait of the Kurokawa line. Gray eyes flicking to Jenna, I found her eyes locked upon the building all three of us were walking towards, a fang peeking out to bite into her lower lip.

Not a good sign. Not one by any means. This was the first time I had seen her openly worried-- save perhaps the day after she'd found me, when I had nearly passed out due to refusing to feed since I'd turned, at all. Coincidentally, she held the same look in her face then as she did now. A quiet, understated sort of worry, so different from her normal self that you couldn't help but understand it was genuine.

I looked to Leon, and found something much the same. A somber expression, looking more like a man about to go to war than to visit somebody for kicks. So, we agreed on that front. If our mentor was scared, we were scared. Because we knew that if she was even the slightest bit worried, we had very big reasons to worry. She had always been so sure of the road ahead before-- maybe not in the direction, but in the destination and journey. To see those second thoughts now nearly sent a shiver up my spine.

I looked back up at the top floor, instinctively knowing (and having working peripheral vision to boot) that if I were a vampire, I'd want the biggest, nicest room to myself. Whatever awaited us in there was old, powerful, and dangerous.

And we were about to knock on its door and say hello.

I gulped on impulse, and worked to steel myself. Work it on predator theory, right? If he sensed fear, that's how he'd know to use it against me. I had to keep cool under pressure here, like I'd admittedly failed to do many times in the past. For all of Jenna's light-hearted stories about "fun times with good ol' Enzo", the fact remained the same: she was worried for the two of us. Jenna didn't get worried without good reason.

I'm rambling.

I'm repeating myself.

I do that when I'm scared, I find.

"Daijobu desu." I said in a low voice, despite having the least authority here to speak upon the situation.

To be fair, I was trying to convince myself more than anyone else.

We continued the walk.

helo frens

IC:

Tayen listened to the Ashley's story thoughtfully. He had to admit, assuming it was true, this piqued his interest. Normally, he would be somewhat dismissive of such an outlandish story, but he had a feeling that he could test it.

"Sierra." Her fogged gaze slid onto him expectantly. "Can you verify that this is a different version of your friend?"

IC:

Sierra hesitated to answer. If she was wrong about the identity of the girl they'd met in the woods...well, no use thinking about it now. In any case, what were the chances of there being another plant controller with a strange affinity for trees in particular?

"I-I'm not sure." she muttered, realizing just how indistinct everything looked at such a distance. "I can't see her very well."

IC:

"Because you are quite aware that there is no scenario in which you have anything to fear from me." The dark-haired woman reassembled her pistol one more time, then permitted it to vanish into the ether from which it came. Then she stared at the other Ultimate. "Which is quite unfortunate. I think you would be much more willing to listen if you thought my threats had backing."

IC:

"Ms. Brooklyn, you seem off. Should I leave you with your friend? So you can sort out whatever is bothering you?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"You're right, I don't. You still wouldn't listen."

IC:

"I wasn't trying to escape. Just leave you be so you could deal with your goals for the day." The British scholar's head panned briefly between Jesika and Brooklyn, as if trying to determine what had transpired above his head. "It seemed as though you might have had enough excitement for one night."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG