Marvel, Rebirth:

IC:

"Oh yeah. That's how I got those."

Dallas smiled wanly and took a sip of chocolate milk.

"That whole night's a blur."

IC:

The Ultimate threw one arm back around Rebekah's neck. Beaming, he planted a kiss on her cheek and then craned his neck until he was partially meeting her eyes.

"Tough . Iiiii love it."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"For a medical reason, yes."

IC:

"That is because you demonstrate significant infatuation with nearly everything about me." Rebekah stated, but she couldn't hide the faint upwards tug at the corners of her mouth. "Nor do I expect that to change."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: One Half

"So my apartment got taken out by a giant Nazi thumb or something," Jesika smokescreened, her own thumbs working furiously as she relayed pictures of this side of an unsuspecting Alistair to a satellite in orbit miles above her head, which then sent them back down to an accompanying device a few feet away from her. "So I uh, I might be kicking it around with you for a bit Brook."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: 

"Better you than Andy Dick," pouted Two Half. "You'll like my room, Jesi. View of the city, HBO and Cinemax, and ~a minibar.~"

Correlating texts, shot into space and then powerbombed into a smartphone so close she could reach out and touch it, left the rest of her statement unsaid.

omfg he is s c r u m p t u o u s  right

-Tyler

Edited by Costa Vespula

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

i'm just sweet like honey, honey

"Where were you headed before I bumped into you, Alistair?" Brooklyn asked cheerfully, finishing off her beer and pushing the condensation-slicked glass forward on the bar. "You mentioned a friend. Think you'll be free for tonight?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"That was of course what did it." The technopath nodded his assent, taking a long drink from his mug as if to signal the end of that line of thought. "Really what it all boils down to is that our record when it comes to anything to do with missions, rescues, or strikes. And that's really what our entire record is."

IC:

"You most certainly do not."

IC:

"I was going to stop by a friend's shop to ask about a few... books, but that doesn't necessarily need to be today." The British scholar answered, largely unaware of the messages rocketing through the air above his head. "I haven't any other real obligations for the day, so I suppose the answer to that question is 'yes', I should be free."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"Honestly, there are days where I would have packed up and joined the Brotherhood if I could. Being out there with people more and more might help. Then I think of Nicole and DC...Pietro...and I get cold feet." Dallas breathed quietly and sipped on his drink from beside Alex. "I feel useless."

IC:

"Do so. Feel it too. in' sap."

IC:

"Goooooooooooooooood. Wanna crash with us and watch movies for the afternoon, Alistair?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"I feel like the wife in Inception." Dallas blew out of the corner of his mouth and felt the beginnings of a headache coming on. The chronokinetic took a longer, softer breath and pressed the center of his forehead hard against Alex's shoulder, as though trying to squeeze it out through the back of his head like a hot dog sliding from a bun. "Except I always sucked at spinning tops. Never got them to start right."

IC:

"Bekah's a sap. Bekaaaah's a saaaap. Can't wait to see your face when I get you something for V-Day."

-Tyler

Edited by Costa Vespula

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"That was about the time I got out of prison, and got sent to another warzone dimension." Alex added helpfully, giving Dallas' shoulder a brief squeeze. "Look on the bright side, Dallas. Things are quiet now, and you're not stuck in Interstellar. Or The Dark Knight. Or worse yet, Dark Knight Rises."

"There are worse Nolan flicks to be trapped in."

IC:

"You are awful."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"It's...it's okay Dominik, I was joking. Really." Shiloh said, trying to reassure him. "Water balloons are far more effective." 

IC: 

Ashley sat down next to Nero, Alex, and Dallas. She had a single piece of cheesecake on her plate, nothing else. "Hey guys!" 

IC:

Ohen walked up to Stark Tower, surprised to find a group of angry protesters gathered. They held signs with slogans like 'Down With Stark' and 'Stark = Hydra'. His eyes narrowed as he pushed his way to the front of the crowd, planting himself at the base of the steps to the tower. "Excuse me!" He cried, waving his arms to gain the attention of the crowd. "What's all this supposed to be about?! You blame a whole company, an entire group for the actions of one? How is this fair? What kind of world do we live in where innocent people are held responsible for the crimes of others?! Put down your sign, go home, find another cause to fight for!" So caught up with defending the legacy of one of his idols, Ohen didn't notice the crowd seeming to get more and more angry with his interruption...

IC:

Ma'am there appears to be someone shouting at the angry mob just outside the tower. Jarvis announced over the speakers. 

Tasha turned to her tablet to see what was going on, after a moment of listening in to what this kid was saying she frowned. "What is he stupid? He's gonna get lynched out there." The crowd was giving the poor kid the evil eye by the looks of it. "Guess I'll have to save him..." She pushed a button on her tablet and then spoke into it. "Hey kid...yeah I mean the one yelling at the mob outside my tower like a jack***, get inside the tower before you get shanked. Security will let you in." Ohen would be able to hear her loud and clear, so would the crowd for that matter.

Edited by Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"Hey just be thankful I'm not trying to go out and buy one of those super soakers. Like a flash flood!" Shiloh glanced out the window, "Hey I think I see a Wal-mart over there..." She was trying hard not to show Dominik the smug look on her face, it was difficult.

IC: Ohen had backed up a bit as the crowd closed in on him, unsure what he should do. He could intimidate them, show off his powers, but that would just add more fuel to their fires, it would do more bad than good... "Hey kid...yeah I mean the one yelling at the mob outside my tower like a jack***, get inside the tower before you get shanked. Security will let you in."   Ohen nearly jumped out of his skin at the voice coming from the speakers near the door. He hadn't expected any attention from inside, but... It was better than nothing! He glanced back at the angry crowd before dashing towards the doors. The lights were low, but he could still just see inside and he concentrated his power, teleporting inside Stark Tower with a sharp pop. He stood in the dimmed lights, looking around and trying to figure out what he was supposed to do now. "Um... Hey, angry lady? Thanks for helping me out back there, I really appreciate that. ... Don't even know if you can hear me."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC:

"Sup."

IC:

Dominik slipped an earbud under his toque and began pressing his 'raise volume' button like it dispensed morphine.

IC:

"Alright, so they've tried to kill. , you've tried to kill to date me before. You nearly turned John into some kinda Cajun mincemeat right over my half-dead body."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Cinema suffering? Were Alex and Dallas making movie jokes again?" Ashley took a bite of her cheesecake. 

IC:

I think I overdid it. "Alright...I'll stop with the jokes about orange juice and spray bottles...don't ignore me..." Normally she was okay with being ignored, but this was Dominik, couldn't have that! She'd have to go back to talking to appliances otherwise.

IC:

"Of course I can hear you. The staff will take you to your room, you can stay for the night if you wish...and I'm not angry!" With that Ohen heard no more from Tasha, at least for the moment. A nicely dressed person did indeed come up to Ohen and began to lead him to the elevator to take him wherever, there certainly were quite a few floors to choose from on the elevator, 14 was pushed. 

IC: "Right then, Not-Angry-Yelling-Lady..." Ohen muttered as he was ushered into the elevator. He was very very confused by this turn of events, though it was probably all his fault. Getting involved on the wrong side of a protest like that was a bad idea in the best of times, and these days Superhumans weren't in the greatest of graces. As he was shown to a room, he thanked the well-dressed man and stepped inside. Ohen raised an eyebrow in surprise, this place was bigger than his new apartment. "Okay... I might just stay the night." He said to himself. After exploring the room for a few minutes, he stepped back out into the hallway, unsure if the intercom voice would hear him in a private room. "So..." He began, feeling only slightly silly for addressing an empty hallway. "Can I ask what's going on? Those people outside didn't seem very happy, and I was just trying to help. And now... I for some reason have a room for the night? Excuse me, I'm just kind of confused, do you do this for every Superhuman that winds up on your doorstep?"

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC:

"Hey now, I'm usually perfectly innocent when it comes to movie jokes. Pop culture quips aren't really my thing." He regarded his now (after one last sip) empty coffee mug with faint disappointment, set it aside and steadily began working on his eggs. "Now, if you want tech jokes, I do those a lot."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Hmmm, tech jokes aren't my thing. I can barely use my cell phone as it is." Ashley said with a shrug, then she took another bite of her cake. "Probably best to leave the tech jokes solely to you Alex, if I tried I'd be barking up the wrong tree." 

IC:

"Well, if you haven't heard, quite a bit of Stark tech is in the hands of HYDRA. While of course the company had nothing to do with that, its not exactly making us the most popular people around..." Tasha paused a moment as she looked at the boy in the hallway through the security screen. "You're a superhuman?" This was news to her, she just didn't want to see the poor fool get hurt.

Edited by Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon

IC: "Well of course the company had nothing to do with it, that's not... At least, I don't think that how you'd operate." Ohen said to the camera. Tony Stark was a personal hero of his, he didn't want to believe the man's company had anything to do with intentionally supplying terrorists. "But things happen, stuff goes missing, right? Those people don't understand that..." He paused, crossing his arms as he shrugged. "And yeah, I'm superhuman. Kinda new around here, just got into town today... This isn't exactly how I thought I'd be making my introductions..."

IC: 

Ashley rubbed the back of her head. "I guess that was pretty bad, let me try another one. Why do potatoes make good detectives?" She waited a moment or two. 

"Because they keep their eyes peeled." ba dum tss

IC:

"O-Oh." Shiloh composed herself. "I knew that." 

IC:

"Yeah...yelling at a angry mob is probably not the best way to introduce yourself."

IC:

It was at a time like this when smoking all the weed he could get his hands on, grabbing a car and driving straight to California without closing his eyes to sleep...sounded like a pretty good idea.

"Jesus, Ashley."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Ohen shrugged, leaning against a wall. "Well sorry, I guess seeing the tower of a legend being besieged set something off. I was just trying to help."

IC: Nero's head slipped from his palm and fell to the table with a dull thunk, mock depression radiating from his person. "You were supposed to be the chosen one, Ashley!" Nero cried, fingers wiggling erratically for emphasis, voice ringing clear despite his face's engagement with the table surface.

Edited by ..Advent.Undying:.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

iC (Alecto Kava)

So it turned out preparing for the Hellfire Gala hadn't been as hard as he thought. He'd found the Nevada Syndicate suit easy enough, lodge somewhere in the back of the closet he'd stuffed with suits from his "all business" phase (it'd been...short lived to say the least). Then it had just been a matter of calling up some of the boys at the agency for tips on what drinks to avoid, who was who and the floorplan. Easy enough to do, considering how well he paid.

Evidently the Hellfire Club had a thing for twins and bars manned by them. And water slides.

And these were some of the richest people in the world. He didn't know if that made him want to laugh or cry. It was like giving a bunch of kids a million bucks and letting them run wild in a candy store. Still. This was a big opportunity, the fact his possible employers were of questionable sanity and maturity was irrelevant next to the possible paycheck. 

He'd river dance down Wallstreet in gold pants for enough money.

But that was all besides the point. Research was done. Wardrobe selected. Dishes meticulously not cleaned. Which meant all Alecto had to do was sprawl out on the couch and look at the assorted old-as-###### junk he'd dug out of his closet wrestling up that syndicate suit. Currently this mean boggling at how much of an idiot he was as a kid-as evidenced by a picture of the family vacation to Paris.

Standing on top of the ###### Effiel Tower, stupidass smile on his face, somehow forgetting the black eye he'd gotten a week earlier in school, hanging off the ground, suspended in the middle of his parents by their combined effort like something out of the corniest hallmark commercial ever.

And his eyes. He swore to god there were little smiles in them. Yeah. World hadn't quite beat reality into him yet. Like that kid he'd treated awhile back. Dallas. He'd had those dumb ###### puppy dog eyes too. Like he was just waiting for the world to kick him. And it probably was right about now. He'd gone back to the X-Men and they'd probably done something incredibly stupid like tried to leap into his arms....and this time everyone's favorite merc wasn't gonna be around to fix it. Maybe the kid would learn then. 

....Alecto took a closer look at the picture.

Then he grimaced.

Ah ######.

...Right so. Maybe the kid had alot to learn, but that didn't mean...No. That was dumb idea. A real dumb idea. A puppydog kid idea. He'd done his bit. No reason to do more.

Before he even knew what he was doing, Alecto was dialing the dumb ###### kid's number, swearing all the while.

Edited by Havelock Vetinari

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.