Marvel, Rebirth:

IC:

"Not a bad idea, actually, but he'd never sit down for it. I might as well try it from memory."

IC:

"So are you saying you don't want to drink with me for fear of what could happen, or you don't want whatever could happen to happen on the football field?" Aleksandr teased with a cheery smirk, tapping Matt twice on the neck and ruffling his hair. "Don't you worry, Summers, I have nothing but faith in your self-control. Now c'mon. I was thinking today I'd shoot a couple blanks at Pogo and see if he can jump higher when he thinks he's jumping over a bullet."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Nicole

"Can't you freeze him in time? Or would he just un-freeze it since you basically have the same power?"

IC: Triblade

"The latter," Matt replied with his cheapish grin. "Let's see how high he can jump then."

IC: Mimic

Christine nodded and then walked into the mall with Kristen trailing behind. She got a couple looks from people due to the white streak in her beautiful brown locks but she was used to it by now. She could of dyed the streak but it was an unique mutation and reminded her of her mother.

"Ah think I'm in the mood for a salad." she said as she saddled up to the Chik-Fil-A kiosk and began to scan the menu with emerald eyes.

Edited by Flex Cop

IC:

"I've never wanted to test it. We only talked once in my life - he stole a car and ran me over a couple minutes later."

"He must play a lot of GTA."

"Wouldn't surprise me; I know I have for the last year or so. In any case, if you really want a matching one of me, I could try and do it from memory. If you'd like it that much."

IC:

Another ten minutes later...

"Well, this backfired," Aleks Belikov deadpanned as Pogo leaped around the football field, soaring up to forty feet in the air at a time and unable to slow his own momentum.

"Man, I was kinda hoping he'd reach the ozone layer and just float on to space. That be a sight to see. First mutant to walk on the moon. Little Pogo would be famous then. Hey, where the heck is that Gatorade?!"

The little tyke came hustling back with a case of Gatorade in each hand and a six pack of beer held in his teeth (each of which was the size of a small, oh, let's say cell phone's touchscreen for proper measurement) for the two "teachers." Aleks plucked the beer and motioned for him to drop the Gatorade on the ground next to them. He went scampering on his way and joined the rest of the thief's class for that period - twenty two kids, all looking slightly malnourished, pushed to the limit, but in a little bit more control of their powers than they were when they came into class.

Oh, and little Pogo, who soared around yelling for help now and again.

"Take five," he motioned with a dismissive wave of his hand at the kids assembled who still had some trace of control over their movements. "Come back if you want. If not, we'll resume Wednesday, as always."

Most of the kids took the chance to scamper before he changed his mind, sprinting as fast as they possibly could back into the Institute. He noticed a couple kids with superspeed tearing up the ground behind them, which meant he'd done his job at least partially right. Their little waiter went running back too, arms and legs pumping; Aleks laughed at his departing form and sat down next to his shirt and socks, popping a beer open with a finger and taking a sip before handing another one to Matt.

"Not a bad day's work, stud."

OOC: For the record, if any PCs want to actually get some quick, more centralized power lessons in, feel free; just needed to usher away the NPC crowd first.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

"Sure, just make sure you get every little detail." she smiled as she touched Dallas' nose with the tip of her finger and winked a bright blue eye.

Matt grabbed a beer for himself and cracked it open before taking a chug. "Drinking on the football field. Reminds me when I still played for the high school team."

He glanced at Aleks and then nodded. "Not bad at all. We make a pretty good team. We'll whip these kids into shape in no time."

"I probably could use a bit practice with controlling my power myself. I told you how a few months ago my power suddenly changed right? Now I have kinetic energy like my uncle instead of plasma like my pops. No idea why this happened. All I know is that it will take some getting used too."

IC:

"Uhhh...okay," said Dallas haplessly. "I could start on yours after lunch, if you have time to kill."

IC:

"Weirder things have happened around here lately. You know I'll help out," Aleks said ambivalently, finishing his own beer. "God protect me, that's some cheap ...might as well try to get a buzz off the Gatorade."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Sierra/Song"Well, nice to meet you Mr. Tyrell. Science is actually my favorite school subject." Sierra opened her bag and rummaged around in it for a minute before sighing. "Well, that's the third time this week my phone has gone missing. It keeps turning up in the strangest of places. Once I even found it on a ceiling fan blade."

IC:

"Well, You good for some one-on-one Aleks?" Scott asked as he came up to the Russian, one of the few not running like a cat sprayed with water. Scott needed the training, and it kept his fighting skills from getting rusty. Of Course, Scott might have to use his civilian form to keep from overpowering Aleks.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

IC: Ashley

Ashley had been staring at Nicole's diamond form for a good while, until Nicole poked Dallas on the nose, that snapped her out of it.

"Dallas you should make a portrait of Cinnabon!" Ashley said, tugging on his arm, she would have asked for Dallas to make one of her, but he'd already made her one or two of those already.

IC: Krystal

"Yeahhhh, I'd imagine Fury wouldn't be too thrilled with that."

IC: Shiloh

Shiloh rubbed her eyes a bit, she'd never admit she'd been crying...only that they'd been just a little...moist. She smiled at him, feeling truly happy for the first time in ages.

IC: Aella

I let out a long groan, stirring from where I lay in the backseat of the car. I heard muffled voices, I recongized Trin's pretty quickly, even if I couldn't understand the words themselves. There was that man's voice....and...another? This one sounded female, but I did not recognize it. I instintively didn't trust it, but I wasn't really in a position to do anything. My head was pounding so hard it make my eyes tear up.

"Ahhhhhh.....######....what the ###### is going on...." For a moment, I had forgotten how I'd come to be unconscious in the back seat of a strange man's car, but it was slowly coming back to me...

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Sierra/Song"I swear something is haunting me. Stuff of mine gets moved around and painted different colors. Once I woke up in the morning to find that every single object in my house had been turned upside down." she was on a roll now. "My bookshelf had actually been unscrewed from the wall, turned over, and screwed back in."

IC Peter"Well, if it is really a ghost, then I'm sorry, but we don't have any magi on campus at the moment. Otherwise we could fix you right up."IC MarianneMarianne nodded and began to walk out of the room. Before leaving, however, she asked "Do you have anywhere in particular in mind?"

Edited by Man of Miracles

OOC: Timeskip sounds good to me.IC: Julia"'Kay."Julia rested her head on her duffel bag, and though it took some time, she eventually drifted off to sleep. The next several hours passed by foggily. She remembered sneaking aboard another plane somewhere in Germany and hopping aboard a cab in New York, and before she knew it, she was standing on the sidewalk just outside the X-Manor. "God," she whispered to herself. The nostalgia she felt put her at a loss for emotions that could be described in anything less than two hundred stanzas of lyrical poetry.She tightly gripped the heart of brass she kept with her at all times, her eyes nearly overflowing with tears that, for the first time in what must've been a lifetime, were joyous rather than sorrowful.

67tlbk.png

IC: "Easy there," Persephone hushed Aella. Another benefit of coming in her lesser armoured form, her voice was relatively normal, not buzzing with a static filter that her heavy-duty form wore. "You are with friends, we're not going to hurt you. With your permission we'd like to take you to a place of safety."

IC: Zachary slumped down on the apartment's sofa and flicked through the TV channels. Oh look, the Vince Jackson show, that was always good for a laugh. As good as any satire or prank show.

"You had any business lately?" he asked Kane, "His Lordship doesn't seem to have much use for old hands like us these days."

OOC: You know I think this may be the most words in a row Magnitude has ever said :P

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:

"Chicken for me," Kristen said, watching the kiosk carefully. While she had regain control of her mind, body, and sanity, she hadn't lost her taste for small animals. Unfortunately.

"Anyway, if you shall take a seat somewhere, I do believe I shall get started."

"AELLA!" Trinity roared, vaulting over seats so she could be next to her bestest friend ever, "You're awake!"

IC: Kane

"Is this that anti-mutant Jerry Springer wanna be?" Kane grunted as Zachary turned on the TV.

"They should have us as guests on the show," Kane smirked. "You could bloat him to the size of a gymnasium and then I could roast him. Now that would be real entertainment." the pyrokinetic said as he downed more of his oversized beverage.

"You're right though," Kane said as he glanced at his room-mate. "He doesn't use us much for anything these days. I haven't burned anything down in too long. You know how us pyro's get if we can't burn ****." In truth Kane got a bit over eager. It was like a junkie who'd been away from their drug for too long, except Kane's drug was setting things on fire.

"I was scouting the city looking to see if any new mutants were waiting at the drop offs." Kane said. He was speaking of a few hidden locations around the city that were known on the mutant underground as waiting places to be initiated into the Brotherhood. Mutants without a home or purpose could wait there for Brotherhood mutants such as Kane to come and pick them up and bring them to the safe houses like the apartment he was currently in.

"Didn't see any but we could always go out again later, I'm sure you want to get out of this dump."

OOC: Same I never wrote for Kane much, its time to change that.

IC: Mimic

"You know what? **** salads, ah want some protein." Christine smiled. "ah'll take the spicey chicken sandwich a sweet tea and whatever Kristen wants."

"I would kill all of my time if I could spend it with you," Nicole said as she flopped onto the bed and then sat down. "Speaking of cats. You still need to meet Dallas, Dallas."

"Yeah, its heIIa bad." Matt said as he gulped the last of his can down and then crushed it in his hand.

"Hey watch this," he grinned as he got up. Matt then ran forward his body naturally slipping into his throwing stance. He pulled the balled up metal can back and then threw it into the air with all his might. As the can sailed through the air Matt raised his right palm.

The dark circular scar on his palm suddenly lit up bright red. A stream of red kinetic energy burst forth. The bolt of kinetic energy smashed into the can in the air and the thing practically exploded from the force of the impact.

"I'd blow up my favorite football too but its signed by all of the Cowboys." Matt then looked up as Scott came over.

"Yo, what's up Scotty-boy." Matt said as he reached in to give the shape-shifting mutant a fist-bump.

IC: Feral

John stood beside Julia looking like he'd seen a ghost. In reality he had. He was looking at the ghost of his past. The ghost of who he'd been. And the ghost of what he thought he'd never see again.

"I can't believe I'm actually back," John said as he stared at the school. "This doesn't even feel real." In truth he'd had many dreams he'd been back at the institute while he was in Japan. Most of them still featured Ash and Beast however, even though they were gone. Knowing this as John walked towards the oak doors of the school put a lump in his throat.

John pushed the doors open and stood in the entrance of the school, looking around. He was still dressed in his Hand ninja suit, he hadn't been able to find any real clothes on their journey.

"Uh, yeah I'm back. And I found Julia." John said dramatically with his voice slightly raised, even though more then likely his announcement would fall on deaf ears.

Edited by Flex Cop

The woman's voice was hushed and reassuring, something I wasn't used to hearing. The scientists back in the HYDRA lab certainly never sounded reassuring, their voices had always been cold and distant.

"AELLA!" Trinty roared my name, making me wince from how loud she was, "You're awake!"

She was at my side in an instant, despite the pain my head was in I grinned at her. "Hi Trin...we're going to some kind of safe place?" I asked, before adding, "Do they have food?" They had to have some kind of water and food bars, they seemed to have plenty of those back in the lab, I assumed they'd have lots out here as well.

Krystal took a seat at the other end of the room, crossing her legs and resting her hands on her knee. "Just warn me if anything is about to explode, I'll hear you." She pointed at her wolf ears with both fingers.

Edited by A billion cats

"I'm not visiting," John grunted as his cyan eyes looked Peter up and down. "I'm staying. I used to be a student here."

"Its a long story bub. The short version is I was being trained by the Hand and I decided I didn't want to be an assassin anymore. You a new teacher here or somethin'? I need to see if my old room is still open." John said as he began to move towards the stairs.

IC: Katherine "Kitty' Pryde

John found the stairs occupied by a certain someone, that anyone who knew anything about the original X-men would instantly recognize.

"I'm gonna have to ask you to come with me...John." She hadn't seen John since he was but a toddler, but she'd learned plenty about him and his actions since she'd become a teacher at the Institute. "To see the Headmaster, Warren Worthington, whether or not you are visiting or staying is entirely up to him."

Edited by A billion cats

John looked up at the woman and raised a dark brow. Something about her seemed familiar. As if he'd seen her face before but couldn't place it. Her voice seemed somehow familiar as well. He turned and glanced at Julia and then shrugged before turning back to the woman.

"No problem," John said. So Warren is running the school now. Last time John had been here it had been Alaric in charge and he'd been gone, which meant Alex had been the one running things. John's one time teammate and what he considered a friend had turned him away and refused him entry to the school. John didn't blame him after what he'd done. He only prayed that perhaps they'd give him another chance to redeem himself now.

"Lead the way."

John complied and began to follow Kitty down the hall. Mrs. Pryde that Peter guy had called her. Then it clicked. John knew that surname. Kitty Pryde, it had to be. John looked at the woman in a new light as she followed him. He'd seen her face before in pictures of the X-Men. He'd loved this pictures as a kid. All the X-Men lined up with smiling faces. John had been a fan of almost all the original X-Men as a kid. He'd looked up to them as heroes.

"So I'm guessing we've met before though I don't remember," John said, breaking the silence. "Hank told me you died along with the rest."

IC:

Kristen quickly asked for a thing of chicken tenders, and after acquiring her food, found an open table for her and Christine to sit in. Sure Fast-Food was all kinda meh compared to what one could whip up in a kitchen... But meat is still meat. No matter where you get it from.

"I'll be sure to do that," Sam said, nodding before she turned to the space that she was going to redraw the circles with. Muttering a brief incantation under her breath, her suit faded into a set of black robes that showed a good deal of her sides and back, and yet seemed to be more defensive than the suit she had been wearing prior. Withdrawing a fresh piece of chalk from her sleeves, Sam got to work on redrawing the circles.

"I have no idea."

IC: Katherine "Kitty' Pryde

"Yes...you were really young when you last saw me, though I often was the official babysitter of all you little rascals." She smirked to herself, before adding, "If Hank knew I was still alive, then he decided to keep that a secret in order to protect me." She sighed a bit sadly.

When they reached Warren's office Katherine stopped at the doorway. "I'll see if he's in..." Her head went partway into the door, and then came back out. "Yep, he's there."

Krystal watched silently, quite interested in witnessing the magical incantation that would follow, she'd witnessed a few in her lifetime but they'd only recently become a slight interest of hers.

Edited by A billion cats

IC:

Once Sam had finished drawing the basic shape of the circles, she began on the runes. The runes were always important. One wrong misspell, and the entire circle could spontaneously detonate!

After stopping to think about it for a moment, Sam decided that a lot of things in magic could spontaneously detonate if you did something wrong. She then returned to finishing said runes, before starting to strategically place the sticks of butter she had collected.

IC:

"Is Dallas territorial? Cinnabon has probably been all over my room for the last couple...how did this cat get into my room, again?" Dallas wondered, turning to the cat with one hand being tugged on by Ashley and Nicole's hands holding his other arm, leaving him in the center of their little tug of war.

IC:

Matt and Aleksandr exchanged quick glances before Aleks stood up and shrugged, sizing Scott up a little.

"Fine by me, I suppose," Aleks said. "Summers, be ready to catch a body."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: (Ripple)

“Honestly? I haven’t tried Hardee’s before. Biscuits sound actually pretty good.” Her eyes scanned the town as they were passing through it. No such luck, but on the way out, there it was, a smirking star emblazoned upon a large sign, Carl Jr.’s. Their greasy salvation was at hand, pulling the bike into the nearly empty parking lot she picked the closest spot, and pulled the bike in, killing the ignition, and moving the kickstand in place. Ripple easily swung her leg off the bike, stepping off and pulling her blue helmet off and hanging it on the bike. She turned to Daken as he got off the Ducati.

“Here, I’ll bum you some cash,” Ripple said, handing Daken a twenty before she made her way inside, holding the door before walking in. The rush of cold air hit Ripple, she sighed with relief, slightly unzipping the front of her catsuit to let off more heat. Of the few patrons that were there, the pair attracted their attention, as well as the employees. Walking up, she leaned against the counter, looking at the various things on the menu before picking out exactly what she wanted.

“Could I get the sausage and egg biscuit with, with some hash brown nuggets, an orange juice and bottled water?” She asked, doling out the cash at the response and waiting for her food, grabbing the tray and sitting down, waiting for Daken, munching on the freshly fried hash rounds, now her stomach didn’t seem to be grumbling as much anymore. A welcome break from the harsh road. She heard of Daken in passing, he had wrecked a few things, killed a few people, but overall he seemed friendly enough in Ripple’s eyes, pretty handsome as well. Well when they finally reached wherever he wanted them to go, perhaps they could head back to Vegas. They could afford some fun before she brought him back to her employer.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC:

Daken looked incredulously down at the twenty this hired prisonbreaker had slipped him for breakfast, considered for a second his brief captivity at the hands of S.H.I.E.L.D., and thought; he'd faced days and weeks without any sort of comforts, frozen, burned, starved, been shot, and all without the caloric promise of Carl's, Jr. at the end of the tunnel. But she didn't know that, and neither did the cashier. Akihiro decided it was past time to milk it.

"Hi," he said weakly, smiling at the cashier. "Wow, aren't you a sight for sore eyes...can I get three bacon biscuits with a side of larsh hash brown nuggets and an Oreo Cookie Shake?"

The cashier looked up at him with a bemused, bored look and finally sighed, "That'll be $26.19."

Daken looked down at the twenty underneath the counter, debating all the ways he could go through with this, and then finally spared a longing glance back up at the cashier, examining her youthful face and deep green eyes. Jaded eyes. Pretty eyes. He knew what he could do on this one.

"You think you could help me cover some of this?" he asked, biting down on his lip and letting his voice tremble a bit as he tinkered with his pheromones, layering her with a fresh dose of sympathy. "I forgot my wallet at home, I...well, I guess this is gonna be that kind of day, isn't it...the girl at the table over there, the one I came with, her brother...my boyfriend, he...in Afghanistan, and..."

His eyes welled up with tears as he tried to avoid her eyes, slipping the twenty onto the counter and pinching his nose, pretending to force back tears - the cashier took a step back, eyebrows furrowing together even as her face formed a concerned frown.

"I'm sorry, I'm asking a lot...forget it, I can go back and ask her if she has a few more--" he started, before she held up a hand and slipped the twenty back into his hand, patting it; the frown lessened a little, and something in her eyes had softened.

"It's okay, I understand...my big brother was in Iraq," she said quietly. "It's pay day anyway. Let me handle this one. You do what you need to do."

Daken blinked a couple times and bit his lip again, but this time it was to keep himself from beaming physically as much as he was mentally. The tray came out a minute later, and after one more halfhearted attempt to give the cashier the twenty Daken walked back to Ripple, his walk shifting into more of a strut as he left the wait staff's range of sight.

"Here," he said back, smiling winningly as he slipped her back the twenty, "I'll bum you some cash."

He unwrapped the first biscuit and took a bite.

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:Most people will tell you that Nebraska is nothing but flat, open land. And for the most part, they're right. But it's also the ninth least populous state, and when you decide to go for a walk through its woods, you get lost. The trees were dense, there was no cell signal, and in truth, Tera Laurent was completely, one hundred percent lost. Athletic though she was, after several hours of walking, she was red faced and tired. A trip to Nebraska had been in order both for her own relaxation, and for some fresh air, free from the New York City skyline. In addition, her teacher had told her about a splendid clearing in the woods that was great for training. He'd used it himself a while back, before the local martial arts school went under. Most people didn't know about it anymore, and it didn't show up on maps.She found it easy enough. Hours of exercise later, she decided to head back to where she was staying. Only to discover that she had no idea how to get back.Which was why she was now frantically hurrying towards where she had heard a car."Oi! Anyone out there besides my fevered delusions?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I cringed again as Trinity yelled. She leaped of the car and tackled some lady...where were all these people coming from? I wondered if I hallucinating.

"Trin be careful...imaginary people can be dangerous."

Edited by A billion cats