Marvel, Rebirth:

IC:"One recovers from an injury, or a sickness." The technopath replied his attempt at dry humor coming out far more bitterly than intended. "There isn't much that can be done to fix my situation.""Sure, we can try and get me cheery again. But nothing will bring the dead back, fix what's wrong in my family, or get those who are gone to come back. I mean no disrespect, doc, I'm sure you're wonderful at what you do. But there isn't much to be done. It was good to say it, though."

IC (Rachel Thomas)

"You're right: there isn't much we can do for those who are gone. That's why it's my job to focus on helping the survivors. I can't help them, but I can help you, and I promise I'll do my best, if you'll let me."

IC (Cody Jackson)

Cody flew through the air, jumping from building to building like he was playing a gigantic game of hopscotch. He moved faster than the traffic that peeled down the streets hundreds of feet below, faster than the pigeons he startled from their perches whenever he landed or pushed off. His grin was so wide his mask almost couldn't hide it.

This was when he felt most alive. Soaring through the air, muscles straining, eyes sweeping the streets for his next target. Playing normal was the most boring thing he'd ever had to do. Some days, his restlessness got to the point where he just wanted to rip his way out of his own body, just so he didn't have to feel the pins and needles of having power but not being able to use it.

Moving to New York had been a step in the right direction. Half the time, he was still average, but he was super the other half. For twelve hours, he could show the world he was anything but normal.

Taking a moment to rest, the masked teen landed on the corner of a building and looked around. His breath came a little harder than usual, but otherwise it would have been hard to tell he'd just spent the last half hour jumping around the city.

He looked down, experiencing a brief moment of vertigo as his mind struggled to comprehend just how high he was. This building wasn't Empire State tall, but it still wasn't something you wanted to be sitting on the edge of. Unless you had super powers, that is. So he kept looking down, straining his eyes to make out the people on the sidewalk.

There was a man with a briefcase, a guy wearing a black hoodie, a woman wearing a brown coat...

Hold on. His eyes narrowed. The guy in the hoodie was running, away from the woman in the coat who was waving her arms and moving after him, but she was too slow. He was getting away.

Most people wouldn't find a pickpocket something to smile about, but Cody's grin had returned. Standing up, he prepared to leap off the building.

Don't worry, ma'am. Zephyr's on the job.

IC: "Ma'am, I'm afraid no file I can find on you says you are a registered medical practitioner, so I assume you have no greater training than any SHIELD agent gets before they are deemed field ready."

She remained standing in place but crossed her arms, a stance that was both defensive and yet suggested immovability. At least thats what she'd read.

"Its not just a matter of state security, but also yours," she continued, "These two have escaped from a HYDRA facility, you really think they wouldn't stoop to attacking you because you stepped in and linked yourself to their escape? I'm afraid this really isn't up for debate Miss Laurent, for the sake of the operation and your own safety I cannot allow you to come with us."

IC: "Keep loudly talking about being part of you-know-what and you'll likely get some," Magnitude said. They were safe to speak in the apartment, but once they were out on the streets, or even just had the door open, anyone could hear them

IC: Alec Trask did not have super-hearing. Nor telepathy. Nor omniscience. Nor any kind of power that would allow him to know that Warren Worthington had given John Howlett permission, if not his blessing so much, to return to the Institute as a student. Which is why his reaction to seeing the aforementioned walking round the place was something equivalent to 'Holy expletive redacted, who let Westchester's Most Eligible Psychopath in here?'

So rather than just walk away he followed behind John, shifting his arm into what was to all intents and purposes a large, glorified cattle-prod. And then, as soon as John was standing still in the doorway, proceeded to jab that cattle-prod into the small of John's back.

"Don't worry guys, I got him!" he said triumphantly as the tased John went down like a sack of potatoes

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:

"Holy , Alec!"

Dallas bounded up and walked over to John quickly; he crouched next to the twitching mutant and helped him into a sitting position against the wall before looking up to Alec's arm.

"...I know I've put the offer forth before, but I would be totally interested in acquiring that arm of yours in exchange for the normal, perfectly tanned, oh-so-finely muscled specimen affixed to my own shoulder."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:"And yet, no one spotted a concussion that should have been obvious a mile away. It would be one hundred percent irresponsible for me to leave either of these people in the hands of you and your partners."A slight shift, and Tera was standing tall, arms crossed herself. She arched an eyebrow, a wry smile twisting at the corner of her mouth."And I'm a big girl. I'm quite capable of dealing with Hydra, and beyond that, handling myself. Heck, I'll even sign a waiver saying that no one is responsible for my doom, yadda yadda yadda, sell my soul, whatever, but I'm not leaving until I can be certain that they're both somewhere with a qualified medical professional. So what it really comes down to is whether or not you want to try and move me by force."IC:"Doctor, if I wasn't looking for whatever help I could find, I wouldn't be here."

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Aella

I performed my next actions completely by impulse, basically what I always did. Tera would find two arms suddenly wrap around her waste. "You can't take her! I won't let you!" I'd like to see someone try to pry me off, it wasn't going to happen.

IC: Ashley

Ashley screamed in surprise when John appeared, and then screamed more when Alec stuck him with a cattle prod. The cats were all staring with wide eyes.

IC: Jeffery Pryde - Bus Stop -

Jeff stepped onto the bus, unaware that his doom was fast approaching. In his arm he carried a skateboard, he'd been doing some stunts in the park, showing off to all the chicks. His mom however would kill him if he was late so he decided to take the bus home.

He started heading toward the back of the bus, when he saw a rather familiar face. Gabe!

In his panic he quickly sat down at the closest empty seat he could find and pulled his hoodie all the way up, praying to every deity that Gabriel hadn't seen him.

Edited by A billion cats

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Mimic

"No ah'm finally full," Christine said as she pushed her empty tray away. "I could use some more sweet tea though." she said as she shook her tea-cup innocently and rattled the ice inside before getting up and drifting over to the counter to refill her cup. She walked back towards the table.

"Come on then let's get you some clothes."

IC: (Scott Jackson)

Going down, Scott had two options, land on his back and open himself to attacks, or break his left arm to try and do a flip to get back on his feet. This is gonna to suck Scott though as he had his arm fly backwards fast enough to break the servo in the left arm, but pull off the handstand and flip after it.

"Warning, low metal count. Replenish metal count to repair damages to left elbow servos." with that jolly message on screen, Scott knew this was going to be a really bad fight for him. Swinging with his right arm and aiming for a gut shot, Scott also threw out a kick aimed at Alek's shins, hoping to bring the Russian down quickly. Very quickly.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

IC:

One of the reasons they performed field sobriety tests on the impaired was to properly gauge the ability of the impaired to operate machinery for the safety of himself or those around him. Aleks Belikov observed that while Scott may not have been under copious mental duress, his opening strike had done physical damage to the kid's armor. His left arm hung dead as he swung with his right arm, putting more weight on that side of his body while aiming with his other foot to kick his shins. He chose the lesser of two evils and tensed his abdomen; the wind was knocked out of him for the briefest of seconds as the gut strike glanced his side, but it allowed him the momentum he needed to duck under the swift kick and grab Scott's ankle with cat-quick reflexes and yank it hard to the right, throwing him off balance if not totally disrupting its natural position.

He would rather fight a kid with one arm and one leg than a kid with no arms that knows how to use two legs, after all.

OOC: Feel free to interpret this however you'd like; I'm not trying to break his ankle or anything of the sort, so as with last time damage dealt by Aleks' maneuver is totally up to you.

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Deferring to hierarchical protocols, Persephone caved in to Mikhail's orders. She wasn't sure who outranked who in this situation, but it avoided a whole lot of fuss to just let the civilian tag along.

"If you're still concerned about room, do you want me to carry this one?" she asked, prodding Reyson yet again with an armoured foot

IC: "Frankensteinian suggestions aside, what's Claws McGee doing here?" Alec said, components of his arm sliding and twisting about as it returned back to its normal arm shape, "Don't tell me he's come to even out his work on Christophette?"

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: I'll make a Tera post once Silvan has had a chance to respond. :pIC:"Fury's the one who saw fit not to correct the newspaper's little mistake, so it's his fault I have the card at all. And I'm sure the old man can survive a few minutes of me off duty, unless," At this, James grinned mischievously. "You managed to screw things up so badly that the agency no longer functions when I'm not around, Brando."At first, one might wonder if James knew Fury could hear them. That question was soon answered."Afternoon, Director Fury."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"Well, I did peruse your journals for your no-doubt expert innermost thoughts on the inner workings of the Agency," Brando confessed, "but I gave up after about three weeks of translation. Couldn't read your tips through all the tearstains and margin scribbles asking 'Why can't I be like Cap?'"

He grinned that infectious Barton grin and put his arm around James' shoulder, half-embracing him as he signaled for a quick Coke, then quickly nixed the order. The waiter did a u-turn behind Alyssa and walked back to the kitchens, and while she was in his line of sight Brando grinned at her too and waved

"We can't stay, though. James, you and I got a flight to catch in just...oh, under twenty minutes or so. San Juan. Try not to show too much skin; I dated a Puerto Rican girl in high school, and believe me, they're crazy enough when not provoked."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Feral "Very funny," John responded as he sat up a bit and cringed again. "I'm here because I had to get Julia to safety and I had nowhere else to go. Warren has agreed to let me stay in the school under his watchful eye f course." IC: NicoleShe wasn't sure how she should react to John being back so she just stood by the cats. "It's okay cat Dallas." IC: Mimic "Whatever store you'd like honey." She said as she walked through the mall with Kristen.

IC:

"Ooh," Dallas mumbled next to Nicole and Cat!Dallas, as he and Alec both winced, "that's rough, man. Considering the last two people under Warren's watchful eye ended up corpses in Las Vegas...if I were you, I would try and avoid traveling for a while."

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Mikhail

"I can keep an eye on him," replied the agent, looking at the bandaged figure. "We should get moving soon, because he is not exactly in the best of form."

Mikhail carefully hoisted Reyson up onto his back, displaying strength that one would not usually expect from someone of his size.

"Let's go."

John Harken- Middle of nowhere Nebraska

IC: "Please do, Persephone. I feel like he might somehow vanish if we put him into the trunk."

He opened the drivers side door and got in, speaking while he did so.

"Now that we have that out of the way, everybody get in. I'm driving, Ms. Laurent, please sit up front with me, Mikhail, you can sit in the back with Trinity and Aella."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: "If you are fine with that we can do it, I just don't want him waking up on the middle of the drive and causing us to crash or something."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:Carefully, Tera extricated herself from Aella's grip, turning around to give her a stern look. "Aella, you're going to stay still in your seat, or so help me, you won't like what happens. Be careful."The last part was added significantly more gently, as the woman turned and opened the passenger side door, slipping into her seat, and buckling the seatbelt in one smooth motion. Almost as an afterthought, she dropped her backpack onto the floor in front of her, craning her neck to keep an eye on events in the back seat.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Aella

Curses, how did she know? I wondered to myself as I remained in my seat, though I was considerably happy now that we were finally getting out of the dreaded forest and Tera was staying.

Trinity was sitting next to me, she'd been oddly quiet for the past few minutes. Maybe she was getting tired. Without any real warning my head started leaning toward her till it was resting on the little girl's lap.

Edited by A billion cats

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: "Mikhail, see if you can buckle Aella without getting your arm broken, if not then we will just have to make due."

Rolling down the window, he called out to Persephone.

"Meet us at the nearest safe house. We can decide our next move when we get there."

With that, he started the car and began driving away.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Feral "I don't plan on leaving any time soon Cali if I can help it. I'm done traveling, Japan was enough for me." "I'm just hoping the student body can refrain from creating a lynch mob and hanging me for my past mistakes." John said with a small grin. "Even if they do, it's still good to be back and see you two guys again."

IC: Mikhail

Mikhail gently entered the car, laying his charge carefully onto the floor. It didn't exactly fit, so he was forced to move Reyson's head onto his knees. He looked over at his fellow passengers, and gestured at Trinity.

"Could you pull the belt on the other side of your friend over?"

IC:

"Yeahhh, uh...John, you think you have enough control over your muscles again to walk with me? You too, Nicole. I have an idea - the kind that you're good at helping put together. Cinnabon...you're in charge until I get back."

Dallas raised a fist and then tapped it against his chest, staring into the cat's eyes; Cinnabon went "Mrow?" with a slanted head and then rolled back onto Dallas' bed to try and grab at the catnip. Note to self: recondition Cinnabon for proper leadership role. Again. No more Papa John's.

Walking over to John and hefting him up with a hand, Dal checked his phone again and shot Julia a quick I'll come to you before walking out of his dorm and into the hallway, with John following behind him and Nicole sidling up next to him, as Nicole so often loved to do.

"Listen, John...it's good to see you too, champ. But it's not a good time to be here - especially if you're you. If you think Warren's just gonna let you stick around without some sort of insurance, then you spent a little too much time breathing in the smog over in Japan - I mean, did you hear about Ric? No, I guess you couldn't have...dude vanished. His own son. Had some theory about the western part of the continent, something about how the Phoenix kept awakening there...Alex told me that's what he said, he's the one who filled me in, but anyway...he was texting us instructions for a while, you know, what to do about classes and Hank's funeral arrangements and everything...one day, Alaric's texts just stop coming. Couple days later, Warren comes back, says the Headmaster spot is open and he's going to fill it, as per Hank's old wishes. Alaric never followed him - and that was his son, John. You think he wouldn't do the same to you in a second?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

(Scott Jackson)

Seeing Aleks pulling him to the right, Scott lifted up on his foot that was on the ground, and spinning with the pull, Scott threw himself at Aleks head first, in the hopes that his helmet would be able to knock the breath out of the Russian. Hope this works.

War...war never changes.

IC:For several long minutes, Tera was quiet. John was focusing on the path, guiding the craft through the woods carefully. Mikhail was helping get the people in the backseat buckled in, and Tera herself was keeping an eye on the proceedings behind her. Finally, she glanced at the driver asking the question that had been nagging at the back of her mind."Well, GI Joe, you knew what my name was when I showed up. Why?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

Well, it was a cool attempt.

Aleks resisted the urge to smirk smartly to himself as Scott threw his entire body into a spin, trying to come at him and headbutt him in the abdomen, trying to rob him of breath. The only problem was that for the spin to exist, he had to put himself into Aleks' range first, and it relied entirely on the Russian actually holding onto him. He didn't.

Plunging his free hand down and grabbing Scott by the helmet, he swung back for a second and then spiked Scott into the ground hard, head first, as easily as he would bounce a rubber ball.

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

(Scott Jackson)

Really glad i put extra padding in here. That would've hurt a whole lot more, Scott thought to himself as he was spiked into the ground. Curling up as he hit the ground, Scott rolled back up, popped up, and aimed a quick kick at Aleks' chest.

War...war never changes.

IC Reyson"Ungh... Agh... Cough, cough, gag... Ow! Gah..." Reyson was having a particularly bumpy ride on the floor of the car, and it was clear that he had at least 25% woken up. Every bump the car hit, Reyson's body did a little jump, and when he landed, he would always hit his heead which would bring a slurred cry of pain. His forehead still bleeding, his head hurting like crazy, Reyson drifted in and out of consciousness. Occasionally, he would try to make coherent sentences like "Why are you abducting me" but would always fail.If the car crashed, Reyson was dead. Not even; a particularly sudden stop could end his life.

Edited by Man of Miracles

IC: FeralJohn followed Dallas as best as he could, limping a bit as he walked. He cast his cyan eyes onto Dallas and nodded. "I know he won't make it easy for me. I'm not expecting a walk in the park Cali." He paused. "Maybe I should let him. I grew up here if I have to die it should be here. I'm not going anywhere." Wait... Ric. Was dead? "God do you think Warren really?" John couldn't comprehend this. Ric had looked out for him. John has never gotten to thank him. Were it another or his friends really dead?Nicole followed behind. "What do you want me to help with?" She asked in excitement.OOC: edited a bit to include Ric

Edited by Flex Cop

IC:

There was no way Aleksandr could take an actual step back from that one, so he ducked under it and to the left a little, letting the heel catch on his shoulder when Scott tried to pull his foot back and then bringing his elbow down - hard - onto the knee of the leg he had caught. He slung the leg away from him quickly, throwing Scott off balance yet again. If vertigo was starting to set in for the technopath at this point, then all the better.

IC:

"You and I are throwing a house party for the new arrivals," Dallas told her with a mischievous wink.

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME