Marvel, Rebirth:

IC:

Kane walked up to Remus and extended a hand.

"You're Remus right? I've seen you around but I don't think we've ever been formally introduced." he flashed her a small grin. "You're Romulus' sister right? According to myth anyway. I remember him alright from my time in Weapon-X, scary dude." Kane said.

IC (Remus)

Ah. Yes. That legend. If she'd spent time suckling a wolf, Remus rather thought she'd know about it. The time-worn wolf gave the fire mutant a quick glance over as he raised her hand. Kane. AKA Scorcher. Black hair, spent most of his money on injecting ink into his skin. "Many have bore the name Romulus." Much as she despised her brother, Weapon X had not been his 'style' for lack of a better word. Romulus was affable, friendly even. That was what made him dangerous. Weapon X had been....brutish. It's methods focused more on causing pain then results. More to the point, Kane had been involved in Weapon X? Domink had not mentioned that to her. Did he know? This raised all sorts of questions. "No, we have not. You were involved in the Weapon-X debacle?" 

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

Aleks English, one-time mercenary and highly expensive substitute teacher, lazily reclined in one of the chairs in the foyer, feet kicked up on an Ottoman with a cinnamon bun in one hand and his gun in the other.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"I'm pretty sure none of those are things you're born with." Rebekah replied, raising an eyebrow as Brooklyn wriggled about in the sweater, and smiling slightly at the result. She herself crossed her arms, after all she didn't have anything she needed to hold, and leaned against the wall.

"Stuck?"

IC:

Tera smiled faintly as she watched, taking a seat near the proceedings. The purpose of the event was to keep the duo occupied, but it was also proving to be a little enlightening. She wanted to know about who she'd be around, as well. Her behavior, and the demonstration of a power, were a step towards knowing who she was as a person.

"Not magic," She corrected Aella, smile still present. "Powers. Which, for some people, is magic. But unless I'm mistaken, not in this case."

IC:

"A reasonable suggestion." The SHIELD deputy noted, still listening to Persephone though her gaze was directed anywhere, and everywhere, but. "And a good point about their intentions. It would be nice if they monologued about their plans a little more."

"Helm, push forward and ascend. Let's see what they do."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"Nope. But there's something in how you were put together, in how just about everyone here was, that means you can do things other people can't. For you, it's controlling air."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"Yeah I was but not by choice," Kane said as he dropped his hand to his side. "My dad was Colonel Johnson, he sort of volunteered me and turned me into a slave-assassin, it wasn't fun." Kane shrugged.

"I've been with the Brotherhood since then."

Edited by Flex Likes Groot

IC Peter

With the matter of the stereos out of the way, Peter went back to examining the invitation. "What would Hellfire want with me?" he muttered aloud. "And this mask..." Taking out the mask that had came with the invitation, he examined its shape. "It's... Military goggles? But they don't look like they belong in this time period..." Peter continued staring at the mask, trying to figure out which period of history it was referenced.

IC (Remus)

Remus nodded. "I see." Abusive childhood, coupled with an adolescence spent in the tender care of Weapon-X. Potentially unstable then. That was something of a worry. Domink was fairly dedicated to maintaining a positive social issue. All it would take was just one incident of the right type to undo all of that work.....and leave the Brotherhood with even fewer options. This required further investigation. "If you don't mind, why did you join the Brotherhood? And when?"

IC (Lucia)

Lucia, for the thousandth time this year, was trying desperately to think of reasons to *not* launch herself across the table and beat a fat tourist to death with her crystal ball. Prison time was starting to look less and less painful to be entirely honest. At least they didn't allow people to wonder through the prison willy-nilly and demand to have their fortune told. And then whine that they didn't "feel real". She'd made the mistake of trying to tell her first few customers their actual fortune. Evidently her methods of logical deduction had not been flashy enough. Predicting the exact future was a fool's dream anyhow. But one could deduce certain things. Like the fact that her current customer would likely be having heart trouble if he kept consuming cheeseburgers by the dozen. Though if he kept doing it in front of her, he wouldn't have the *time* to worry about heart problems.

"So." Said annoying tourist number...she'd lost count. That was lovely. "What's my fortune little lady?"

Lucia thought she controlled her fury rather well, all things told. Only her eyelid twitched this time. Progress! Lucia forced a wide grin onto her face. "Yes sir. The crystal as shown me three signs. The dagger. The lily and the Jackal." Meaning these were the three things she could think of off the top of her head. "The dagger symbolizes danger. The lily, a woman and the jackal...an opportunity. A dangerous woman will come into your life. And opportunities will follow her." The opportunity to not be beaten to death by a crystal ball for example. He didn't appear interested in taking it. "I would advise caution in the coming days. It would not do to let your guard down when the dagger appears. Tis an unfortunate symbol, all things told."

Annoying Bloated Tourist mumbled a few things, shoved a grubby twenty in her general direction and stumbled in the general direction of the door. 

Oh. He'd been drunk then. She should have charged him more.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Dante (A certain fortune tellers store, Entering with Alistair) 

Dante groaned, ​remind me again why we're entering some random fortune lady's store? It's not like they ever say anything even remotely true. Just a bunch of hocus pocus and obscure words that could mean anything. He sighed and while the young magic user may have wanted to voice such thoughts, he knew the way the conversation would go, after all he and Alistair had already discussed the matter. 

While they both felt that fortune tellers were pointless hacks, they were rather desperate and, truth be told, a little bored. So Dante had jokingly suggested that maybe they should scour every magical lead they could find, even the one's they immediately dismissed as frauds. Alistair on the other hand did not get the humour and had reluctantly agreed to Dante's suggestion. Resigned to his fate, the italian found it a little awkward now to correct Alistair. And here we are, about to make another mistake. 

Sighing one last time, just for good measure, Dante pushed open the door to the establishment only the run straight into a bloated mess of a man. For the second or two Dante was in contact with the creature, the first thing his senses registered was the smell. The man reeked, booze, grease, body odor, all of it merged together to form something even more horrendous than the sum of its parts. Then of course there was the texture, the man was covered in sweat and oil, and despite having pulled away from him, Dante still felt disgusting. 

"Hey, you dropped my cheeseburger," the man mumbled in a mixture of anger and confusion. He wasn't exactly the smartest one. 

I knew coming here was a mistake, why do I do this to myself. 

Edited by Hubert

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC:

"Sake Harada, I believe." The technopath commented idly, almost unconsciously taking in the surface details of her electronics. Even minor details, like the song last played on her iPod, were telling; they helped to paint a picture of a person. He didn't delve any deeper than that, however; to do so was disrespectful. Borderline immoral.

He held out a hand to shake. "I see you're aware of who I and this Californian bum are already."

IC: (Sake Harada)

Sake's hand reached out to firmly grasp Alex's. Dallas seemed a little taken back by her for some reason. Sakuya thought maybe it was because of the air she gave off, so she tried to relax a little, to seem a little less confrontational. "Yeah, I didn't think I'd bump into you two. It's hard not to know who the two of you are." Sakuya smirked, the facial feature lasting only a second. A small bit of fear ate into her, what if she came off too strong, to much like she was looking for a fight. Yeah she knew she was difficult, and really fiery but, it was just hard trying to get the right words to fit, and making them sound real.

IC: (Asa)

A soft moan escaped from Asa's lips, a smile upon her lips as she felt Daken's hand press against the fabric, that lazy but loving kiss. She ran her hands around his neck and shoulders rubbing and massaing them. "To be honest I've never been to a Gala before, parties sure, but nothing high class."

"Well, scratch it off the bucket list. You've hooked up with a man of wealth and taste. I've killed designers for less important things than my outfit."

"I'm not surprised, and thank you," Asa chuckled.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC:

Bloody American tourists.

The particularly caustic thought passed through a certain British scholar's mind as he, not for the first time, slipped nimbly around the fat man without ever passing closer than an inch. Even at that minimum distance, however, he could still catch the scent rolling off of the man in waves. Very, very unpleasant. Normally he would have been a little more charitable in his thinking, if it weren't for the fact that Dante had suggested, and for lack of ideas he had agreed, to check out every bloody magical lead in New York City. He wasn't even entirely sure what they were looking for, it was hard to tell what had caused their earlier dread. A few potential causes, but even then, the exact nature of their inherent abomination was difficult to locate.

So here they were. Talking to every ###### fortune teller, psychic, and magician in a city filled with them. At least it wasn't Las Vegas.

Never. Again.

More to the point, however, he had managed to enter the shop and mostly avoid the putrid stench just behind him. Dante had been... Delayed, but that wasn't anything new. He'd catch up. Out of habit, he straightened his shirt, mentally checking for the presence he knew to be at his side. After nearly a decade, it felt wrong to go anywhere without it. And in this world... Unwise.

Afternoon, miss," Alistair Martin began, a smile gracing his face despite his growing annoyance, as he turned towards the occupant, and owner of the shop... Only to stop, eyebrows raising as he noted that the occupant was a certain Roman sorceress.

"... Well then. Evening, miss."

IC:

The technopath's eyebrows raised a fraction of an inch. "Well, I'm a little surprised by that. He's difficult to miss, admittedly. It's in his nature. Battle in Washington, high profile Twitter account, movie star aspirations. I'd have thought I had a lower profile."

"What have you heard, if I may ask?"

Edited by Simon the Digger

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Aella

I nodded in a bit of awe, looking at my hands. It hadn't really dawned on me that I could do things most people couldn't. I mean I had been aware I was different by the way I was treated back at the lab. I'd been...just an experiment...a freak was what they called me...and worse things than that...

I felt something wet go across my cheek, I quickly wiped it away with my t-shirt before anyone else could see. "So...when are we going to this Helicarrier thingy?" 

Staff IC: -Helicarrier attack-

As the Helicarrier began to ascend toward the heavens the drones shifted their patterns and movements almost immediately as they began to follow the carrier. Then something different happened, about a dozen or so drones began landing on the helicarrier, most went for a direct assault, targeting personnel...aircraft, various equipment...anything that was valuable or easily damaged. A select few forced their way through ventilation shafts or forced their way into corridors, trying to break inside and do who knows what kind of damage if they ended up in the wrong place. 

Meanwhile, more blips appeared on the Helicarrier sensors. They were larger than the drone's blips. When they came within visual range everyone understood why. Three large, hulkbuster sized Iron Men were approaching, their flight was slower than the smaller drones, but they were still coming in fast. 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC (Lucia)

Lucia felt her jaw drop. Felt it...vaguely twitch around for a few moments in a futile attempt to form complex words. To say she was shocked and surprised would be something of an understatement. One along the lines of 'Europe had a bit of a tiff with Germany in the late 1930's and early 40's'. Finally, her rational self managed to stage a coup and take over control of the motor functions. "Alistair!" Lucia rose from her seat. "It's been too long, truly." She hadn't expected to see him...or anyone from that house really, ever again. It was a pleasant surprise.

She'd have to show him her airplane pictures.

IC:

"We're hot. Everyone hears we're hot. And if you ever left your computer screen more than once a month, you'd know all everyone talks about is how you've become one with the basement. Rumor is that you spy on all of us while we sleep, hack all our Instagrams, sabotage the scores on our apps, and practice other unsavory methods of blackmail. Word on the street has it that you're like a prettier, scarier Wednesday Addams. Should I keep going? What do you think?" he asked Sakuya. "Did I get everything?"

IC:

Akihiro and Ripple watched television for another few minutes, flipping through Oscorp's (many, many) premium movie channels before the half-Japanese mercenary turned his gaze to Asa and reclined his head back on her bicep. He could feel the muscles underneath her skin dance, strong and taut.

"Hey, Asa. You weren't planning on wearing the makeup to the Gala, were you?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

John Harken- SHIELD Hellicarrier

IC: Harken was pushing himself off the wall and moving as soon as he saw the drones making their way through a relatively light area of flak. By the time the suits were making their way inside the ship he had already halted the feed to the wall monitor and was heading towards the nearest ladder.

"That looks like out cue people. Nearest group is two decks up and a couple hallways over. Lets show Hydra what SHIELD's normals can do."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: (Sakuya Harada)

"Well, I...uh just knew that Alex is kinda reclusive, and well things happened last year and well now you're the most prominent guys on campus, among a few others." Sakuya responded, she was a little confused, though she could see it as Dallas picking on Alex. "You're a mostly relaxed dude, and a chronokinetic, to be honest I don't know much. I hear the general things, ya know." Part of her was beginning to think she made a mistake somewhere along the way. Maybe she should have gotten something from the cafeteria and gone back to her room. She felt so awkward. Part of herself raged against this feeling welling up, denying it. That feeling that it was better if stuck to music. "So you're a musician, right Dallas?" There, that was better, much less awkward.

IC: (Asa)

"Would you like it if I did?" Asa chuckled, running her hand against his shoulder, massaging it. She didn't plan on it though, the makeup was when she was Ripple, but she wasn't going to the Gala as Ripple. She was going as Asa, and would have the handsome and powerful Daken on her arm. She smiled at that, smiled because she didn't believe things could get this good. Things normally didn't, not to people like her, and yet here she was.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC:

Reds again, but swirling with ditzy oranges, pulsing in and out like awkward little heartbeats. Little stability to be found. "I mean...I dabble. Not as much lately."

IC:

"Mmm. Not really, no. I like you." Daken smiled and closed his eyes. "You're getting too good at predicting me."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Let's think about this for two seconds, my beloved little gender see-saw. John is with Daken. Daken killed this universe's simpleton version of Matt Summers. Matt died at Oscorp. Therefore...John must be at...exactly. If we charge right in and ask for John's head for your stake, it's our heads that end up on display in the Oscorp lobby. Follow me?" Dallas was quiet for a second, biting his bottom lip in thought, and then smiled ruefully. "Okay. Got it. Who knows exactly how John thinks? Who else knows what coping with all that bloodthirst, misplaced loyalty, and weird redhead lust is like?"

-Tyler

Edited by Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Oh, stop it. We're just gonna double back to Westchester, talk to our John, and figure out the best way to kill their John. And then maybe kill the remaining John if we still aren't buzzed by then."

"I personally recommend not getting buzzed. Last time I tried that, I woke up in the middle of nowhere..."

"But this is the most special kind of buzz of all, Card," Dal explained. "This is the John Howlett death buzz. If you take a picture at just the right time, you can look at it whenever you want and the buzz will never leave your system! Plus, you'll know that you did some good in the world every time you take a hit."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC

"Ask the headmaster." She replied before turning away from the group, walking toward the foyer. As she passed, a sweet scent reached her nose. The English teacher walked daintily into the room, her eyes being caught by the handsome sight before her.

There, in some guy's hand, was a cinnamon bun.

By god, it was glorious.

Edited by Queen Elsa of Arendelle

IC:

"You would have to ask the kitchen staff," said the Russian pastry thief. "To the best of my knowledge, I, err...did not acquire this within the ethical and legal confines one would expect a member of this Institute's staff to uphold."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Katherine 'Kitty' Pryde -

The acting headmaster was neck deep in paperwork thanks to Warren, she paused however and sniffed the air. 

"Who the is eating my cinnabons..." 

IC: Abigail 

Abigail pet the penguin one more time before sitting next to Lynae. 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"Nearly two years, if I remember correctly." The British scholar replied, still not really processing the reality before him. Specifically, that some twist of fate reunited almost the entire group that had been present in California, the single highest concentration of magical power in recent times.

"... You look... Well."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Lucia)

".....That is certainly one term for it." 'Near suicidal' was another, as was 'dangerously close to stabbing the next tourist she saw to death with a fork'. Lucia sighed. "One must make a living, I suppose. I had not realized that sorceress had come to mean 'fraud who pretends to read tea leaves or stares into a shiny ball'. It is quite annoying." The roman fell silent for a few moments. "Yes. Two years seems about right."

IC:

"In fairness, magic in the modern day tends to mean 'Las Vegas magician'." Alistair noted, leaning against the wall as he spoke. The situation was... Odd, and Lucia's response quite clearly indicated that 'well' wasn't quite the word.

"When did you come to New York?"

IC:

"That'll probably be a while." Tera answered, noting her move to brush her face. Rather suddenly, all things considered, but that could have been caused by anything. "A few things are going to hold the process up a little."

Need to delay further. 

"If you want, you two can ask anything about me, too. Agent Lowell is free to ask, too," A faintly amused smile crossed her face. "Though I suspect she's less curious."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

Dal smiled wolfishly and bumped Card with his shoulder.

They all settled into the backseat of a cab (Tali had to convince Dallas with big, puppy-like emerald eyes not to steal a car from the parking garage) and the chronokinetic settled into the back with an insolent shake of his long black hair. Tali settled down on his lap, and when the cab driver turned his head to tell "you kids to put on yer seatbelts," Tali looked at the driver and then Dallas mischievously and wrapped one arm around the headrest and the other around Dallas' waist, sitting sideways on his legs. Card groaned.

They arrived at Westchester, surprisingly, with a similar case of non-mayhemic incidence. Tali rolled out of the backseat and Dallas followed, looking over the courtyard with new eyes while he and Tali traced  Kristen trailed behind them, sidling up to the two Ultimates a second later when they stood in the lobby of the mansion.

"If I were a morally ambiguous near-psychotic wolf boy who loved blood, where would I hide?" Dallas asked, and then he flicked his eyebrows and pursed his lips in a tight smile. "Right. Danger Room. Of course."

The Ultimate's attack dog, freshly rabid, made for the elevator.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME