Marvel, Rebirth:

IC:

"Maybe today's the day," Brook suggested, as she had many days before. "We should give it a go. For science and ######."

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

If:

They arrived at their destination in less than five minutes.

Parking the car however, proved to be the trickier part considering how Kristen flew into the parking lot at over seventy miles an hour, and only breaked when she reached the parking spaces, resulting in the car covering three whole parking spots.

"I think that was well done. So how do I turn this thing off now and get doughnuts?"

IC (Alecto)

"So. Uh." Damian showing up at his condo wasn't exactly on the list of things he'd expected, but what the hey, he could roll with it. Though, there was the *minor* detail that he was currently shirtless with a vampire bat clinging to his arm. That...*might* require some explaining. "I feed them. If you want graham crackers and orange juice I'm pretty well covered." He really would have appreciated the chance to shower, come to think of it. You got unique kinds of bedhead when you slept upside down. Nothing for it now. Best for him to get a handle on the situation before the lack of snark became suspicious. "Anyway. Come on in captain red-eye. No point in giving the neighbors more reason to talk."

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

In her right hand, Queen Brooklyn carried a cup of pretzel sticks, one of which she was trying to eat without the use of hands, head tilted back to the ceiling; in her left, she wielded a similar cup of chocolate eclairs, one of which had the tip torn - not bitten - off the top.

"This is talent, Bek," the 'talented' half of the relationship forced out through a mouthful of pretzel. "See this? I'm a regular Taskmaster."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Romulus/Lacey)

Romulus, already flipping through one of the folders, commented dryly; "I'll try to contain my natural charisma." He held one piece of yellow, torn paper up to the light. "Hm. 1931. Low level member of the club out of Arkham University vanishes in Antarctica. One member of his expedition went insane and the others refused to speak of it. The archives of the university, detailing the results have been...sealed. Fascinating. Then we have..." He shuffled through the papers once again. "One member of the club vanished outside Cairo. Various expeditions into the deserts reported finding the remains of his retainers and the entryway to....some sort of vast necropolis. The teams sent in never reported back and in true 19th century style, they elected to dynamite it. Brilliant. Tell me, how many members of this organization have vanished under mysterious circumstances? If it's over fifty percent, we may have a problem."

"I found a stat in Jace Pulliam's old files - which he stole from Katherine Callahan's old files, which were stolen from...you know, it's best not to know - that said around eighteen percent. Before the Phoenix attacked in '95, the largest Hellfire cluster came out of Chicago. '69."

"Outstanding. What happened?"

"Good ###### question. I'll put this one in the 'Mulder' pile."

"I think it's grown larger then the normal files. Somehow I'm not surprised." Romulus grabbed another file. "Various disappearances during their...ah, excuse me, our feud with the Valentine crime family. Not difficult to figure out what happened there. I suppose they'll find them alongside Hoffa." He shuffled through the pages again. "Hm. This may be related. It seems as if one the members in 1910 forgot the age old adage: 'don't call up that which you cannot put down'. Attempted some sort of ritual. His manor, along with himself and the staff, was gone the very next day. The building itself still stood, but it was nothing but a shell. The rooms were gone."

"I have something similar in an old hotel during the war effort. Out Hollywood way. Series of paranoia-induced attacks and murders, including lynching the bellhop. Closed up in 1944 after the concierge made his morning calls with an M1 Garand, room to room. He didn't remember a thing as soon as the cops took him out of the building. Building was owned by the White Bishop of the LA branch at the time."

"Mm. Yes. I believe I can..." After a few more moments of shuffling. "One of the rooks, in a bid for power, reported putting out an...outside contract on the head of a German commander during the first of the world wars. After a few months of inaction on his part, the club sent in a team to check up. His keep was full of corpses and they found his maid-elderly old thing, clutching the splinters of her bloody broom. Evidently, she'd woke up one morning and found everyone dead. An examination revealed that the bloodletting lasted for several days."

"Did they talk to her?"

"After the initial interview, she stopped speaking completely. Never spoke again. The interview mostly consisted of the typical questions. What happened? Where's the rook? Etc. Last she remembers, she'd finished sweeping up and went to bed. Then woke up and found everyone dead. Moments later, when they tried to get more answers, she stopped responding."

"That story was creepy enough that I'm just going to try and focus on how hot your accent makes etcetera sound," Lacey deadpanned. "Ugh. None of these have a recurring calling card...anywhere."

"Aside from the club pushing the boundaries in the name of power, there is no consistent theme, except perhaps, memory loss and slaughter, for the last two. They may well be connected, but no one...vanished, as the Black Queen did."

"Here's a banquet in New York. Seven guests dead, each having used the third floor bathroom in this very manor before they were found with their heads completely removed. Surgically, too. Sebastian Shaw's records chalk it up to Katherine." Lacey pursed her lips in though for a second before she looked up at Romulus and grinned mischievously. "Maybe I should take a potty break. Look for Lynae there."

With an air of great, dire importance. Romulus grabbed a wooden ornament from a nearby dresser and handed it to Lacey. "If you find her, you will likely need this." Romulus settled back into his chair and put one of the files aside. "Now, according to my reports, Lynae did have a head under her ah, bed. My sources found out that much before they discovered the new inhabitants. Aside from proving two vampires had a strange fetish for heads however..."

"A head? The ######? Whose head?"

"No idea. They didn't have time to examine it before the...skittering...started."

"That's what Ric said," she muttered, grinning again and downing another cheek full of whipped cream. "More coffee?"

"It may help with the sense of impending doom these files have been giving me. Yes."

"Did you know she came here while you guys were talking the other night?" Lacey asked over her shoulder, filling up another two cups. "Made Ric a steak. But then, you know, terrorist attack and all, and he never so much as came back to the room that night. She left in a huff and I ate the steak. Thanks for the assist."

"Always a pleasure to assist a valued member of the Hellfire family."

"You will not schmooze me. Please, God, keep trying."

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

After spending a few weeks in prison, Captain Allergen was released. His experience in prison had not been a pleasant one until he caused a powerful inmate named Bruno to have a violent peanut allergy attack.

bruno.jpeg

Spending enough time with the criminals revealed to them that this was not a mere fluke- this new guy had some strange power to induce adverse physical reactions in those that displeased him. He gained a loyal group of followers this way, though the whole time he was under the belief that the federal prison was actually a Hydra detainment center.

Being introduced back into society without his costume, he went to the nearest Party Central and bought himself a Spiderman outfit. He took a sharpie marker, and put a big A on the forehead. Thus equipped, he was ready to take the fight to Hydra!

new_spiderman.jpeg

Edited by Ichthys

bluefish.jpg

One Way,

One Truth,

One Life

IC (Romulus)

"If you I was attempting to win your loyalty, rest assured I would not be so clumsy. Really, the state of manners in this century is abhorrent, when common decency is mistaken for seduction of one sort or another...." The ancient emperor shrugged. "Apologies for that." He could almost feel his hair turning grey when he started rambling about the modern world. All that was missing was the cane. "Shan't happen again."

IC:

He is ridiculously hot, for one of those wax figurines from Night at the Museum.

W H A T    D I D   Y O U    J U S T    T H I N K

HEAD IN THE GAME, LACE!

Lacey moved the Mulder fille onto Ric's countertop and finished her cup of coffee smoothly. "Don't worry about it. I'd be a bit crabby if I only lived once...like...forever."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Captain Allergen wasn't able to really enjoy his freedom however, as he thought about all of his fellow inmates- those poor souls who were at Hydra's mercy... He had to rescue them!

new_spiderman2.jpeg

• Upvote 1

bluefish.jpg

One Way,

One Truth,

One Life

IC (Romulus)

"There may be some truth to that." Romulus admitted. "After all, I'm quite young compared to some and Thistledown is not known for her pleasant disposition." Romulus settled back into his chair. The Imperator sighed. "It's a shame, really, how some waste immortality. Katherine, Lynae and others use it simply to live empty, meaningless lives in the end. Tis a shame, that the greatest gift so rarely goes to those who deserve it most. If we had less Katherine's and more Caeser's, I daresay the world would be a better place."

Edited by Basilisk

IC:

If I had Ric's cheekbones maybe I wouldn't still be single. Mmm. Mmm mm mm.

"Must've been quite a sight," she said cheerfully, in the real world. "I wasn't really here for the Twilight epoch. Ric hired me fresh out of school, just in time for Katherine's 'Stain on the Carpet' period. From what I understand, it's her most critically acclaimed work."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Romulus)

"It was at that point I decided it was going to be one of *those* centuries. I've looked through the records. Shaw did nothing to restrain the beast, he allowed her to slaughtered potential investors, evidently kidnap an Atlantean because of some sort of strange blood fixation...the list goes on. I made certain to read the reports during Mr. Pullam's regretfully brief tenure in command. There was one morning, he walked in looking rather like a zebra and Katharine was no where to be seen. I poked around a bit....and credit where credit is due, he'd done what had to be done." Romulus gave a small grin. "Rare man really, who has the strength to do that."

IC:

Don't forget he's killed people. Look at that grin. How many armies has he seen routed, wearing that grin? Thistledown would probably know. She'd probably catalogued the s. Lacey poured the last of the pot, half a cup into each mug, and handed one to Romulus. 

"Oh, well."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Romulus)

"Ah. Many thanks." Romulus lifted the mug to his lips and sipped it slightly. "Wine and coffee. Empires are built on them. Don't doubt it." Strategy and administration had it's place, but without something to fuel them, they were as nothing. Or so he felt when he hadn't had wine or coffee for what felt like an intolerably long time. "So. Can you tell me anything else regarding the incident with our esteemed missing Queen? Was she attempting to kidnap a youth again? Or aiding and abetting the former president's daughter in such?"

Edited by Basilisk

IC:

"Not until Ric calls me back, which...he hasn't. Normally he delights in seizing my vacation day from me." She checked her phone briefly and tapped the screen a couple times, as if she could summon up a missed call. "Nada."

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Romulus)

"You mean you aren't allowed to vanish for years at a time only to turn up leading a Barbary state in a jihad against Venice? I'd rather thought you'd emulate my valued secretary in that regard." Romulus leaned forward as the implications sunk in, gaze intense. "So no word from him at all? Most concerning." He turned towards one of the legionnaires. "Increase our level of alert. I want extra guards on all the entrances and...double the watch."

While Captain Allergen was thinking about how to break into the prison, he was approached by black sedan with tinted windows. They car pulled up next to him and the passenger seat window rolled their window down. A shady figure wearing an nice suit and a fedora beckoned him to the window.

"Hello citizen," Allergen responded. "Can I help you?"

"Yes, as a matta' of fact, you can." the shady character answered. "Me and and my, uh, associate here would love it if you'd take a little ride with us..."

Captain Allergen suddenly had a uneasy feeling, and an old maxim of his mother's began to come to his mind. His memory was fuddled and he could hazily make it out. He had a problem remembering things past five years ago. Suddenly he snapped his fingers. "Oh, that's right! 'Always get into cars with strangers!'"

"Say what?"

"Oh, I'd love to come on a ride with you guys!"

With that, Captain Allergen climbed into the black sedan. They slammed the door shut and sped off...

Edited by Ichthys

bluefish.jpg

One Way,

One Truth,

One Life

IC:

Lacey's brown eyes got big with delayed realization - maybe not delayed, but easily a second or two behind all the trained legionnaires.

"What, you don't think...? Rom, it's...it's Alaric. He's got that stupid magic ring to protect him. One time I tried to beat him to death with a golf ball retriever and he just made a Woody Woodpecker sound in my face." She picked up her phone defiantly, as if to prove a point, and dialed Ric's number on speed dial - conveniently, Ric had bought her an iPhone 6 for her birthday with his number already affixed to speed dials 2 through 9. Her face grew visibly tighter with each ring.

"Ric. It's Lacey, just calling to check in, see if you found Drusilla yet. I'm with Romulus. Yes, we're in your flat. No, neither of us are naked. Just...call me when you get this. Don't be dead this time."

She hung up impatiently and cast the phone onto the table as if it were a cheap die; her eyes never left the touchscreen.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Romulus)

"When other dimensions are involved, that typically means some form of sorcery is involved. Perhaps powerful enough to overcome his...protections, or render them null. I have seen enough in my time to be worried. First, the Black Queen vanishes. Then the Black King attempts  to investigate and has not been heard from since. It seems to me, that something is trying to cut the metaphorical head from the Club's body, in one fell swoop. This is how coups start. Or worse. I..." The Emperor's voice grew soft, almost gentle. "I would advise you to be prepared for the worst."

"So uh, firstly, congrats on getting out of the clink." the shady man said.

"The clink? You mean the Hydra detainment center?"

"Yeah, sure, sure, whateva'. Movin' on to business, we heard that youse and Little Bruno had a scrap?" The shady man's face was like a mask, betraying no emotion.

"Little Bruno? You mean Bruno "the Gruesome Dismemberer"? Uh, yeah, we met..." Allergen's eyes shifted nervously. He wore a mask on his face though, so he betrayed no emotion.

"Yeah, think we got the same Bruno in mind. Heard you laid him low. Humiliated him in front of everybody."

"Well.... Yes, but he kind of deserved it. He tried to show me how he got his nickname, you see..."

The shady man bent over and shook Allergen's hand, a smile appearing on his face.

"Hey great, youse did alright buddy! Don Bernoulli sends you his thanks. Little Bruno is his little brudda. Always schemin' to become the head of the family. He needs to be humiliated every once and awhile."

"I'm sorry?" asked Allergen, puzzled. "Who are you again?"

"Oh, forgive me, forgot to introduce myself. I'm Milo, I'm Don Bernoulli's right hand man. On behalf of the Feccia family, I'm here to give youse a, y'know, a token of our appreciation. Anything we can do for youse?"

"Wait, Bruno was apart of your family? Hydra scum! They kidnapped him?"

"Ah, y'know, you can say that. Those pigs have locked away a lot of the family. That's how it goes." Milo shrugged.

"Hydraaaaa!" shouted Captain Allergen in rage. Milo looked at him with a bemused expression on his face.

"I'm planning to break into that prisoner center and set them all free! I'll rescue your brother! Even if he is kind of psycho!" Captain Allergen said.

"Heeey, no kiddin'? A jailbreak huh? Well good luck with that pal. But y'know, maybe we can help youse out! We have a man in the force who may be able to slip you in. Can't do much more than that though- you'll have to take care of the rest... Can't do nothin' that they could trace to the Don y'see."

"Oh, that's great! Thank you citizen, that would be most helpful!"

"Ah it's nothin'. This'll be our little thank youse gift to you. Plus, if you actually pull it off, and manage to not be shot or imprisoned again, the Feccia family will be in your debt. Don Bernoulli would be real grateful to youse."

"Excellent! Together, I and your family will deal a crushing blow against the forces of villainy and injustice!"

"Absolutely." Milo smiled.

bluefish.jpg

One Way,

One Truth,

One Life

IC:

"Si-riiiii. Help. Status report."

It's 7:27. Friday morning. Temperature outside is 41 degrees, with a potential high of 51. You have two events scheduled for today: Dinner with Sakuya--

Oh, right. Sakuya...hot girl from Five Guys. Fun fun.

--and figuring out what Sakuya likes to eat.

Oh. Right. He hadn't done that Tuesday. And he actually hadn't gotten her number. And...he didn't know where her dorm was. But Dallas did know she had classes with him. Several, in fact. So he could work things out, if he wanted to go to class for once...class...

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNAH.

Ooh! What he'd learned of history and tactics from the late Ric Carlisle kicked into his head, and Dallas began plotting around ideas in his head. He could always just wait outside the door at first period, see when Sakuya dropped in, and ask her there...but then he'd have to bolt right away from the door before class started...he could probably make it. That's what he'd do. Just sit around in the hallway, wait for Sake, and--

--must also inform you that security protocols are being overridden. New message from: Alexander Graham Ballsy.

"Go to class, Dallas. I mean it."

"you're not my father"

"That's a good point. Should I call your parents?" Siri read out, though the words were clearly Alex's. "Let them know how much schoolwork you really do?"

"I'm on the A honor roll," Dallas grumbled sleepily, sitting up in his bed and rubbing his eyes. He had to stop sleeping shirtless; winter was coming. "As in, I have all A's."

"Because you did all the about me assignments on the first day of the semester."

Dallas half-moaned, half-dryly-sobbed and stood up, stumbling out of bed and to the bathroom of his dorm.

"Have a good first day of school!" Siri called out behind him, voice almost sardonic. "Make lots of friends!" The rest of the snarky message was muffled when the Californian stoner whirled around and threw his pants on top of the phone.

He stayed in the shower for as long as he humanly could, but considering he'd woken up only half an hour before class that wasn't actually saying much; he spent more time working on his hair - fix the top, smooth out the sights, show off the highlights - after stepping out of the shower than he did gathering supplies, searching for forms, and packing everything he'd missed over the last couple months together. Only then did he remember to get dressed, throwing on some black skinny jeans, a basic black tank top, and a partially unzipped hoodie. He wasn't feeling dressy today. He wanted to sleep until dinner.

Could he sneak past Alex?

Doubtful.

Dallas sighed, pocketed his phone, and walked out of his dorm and over to the staircase.

-Tyler

• Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Captain Allergen went over the plan in his head- the Feccia's undercover agent would give him the security codes for the prison doors. From there, it was up to him to figure out the rest. It wasn't much of a plan honestly, but it was a start. Captain Allergen decided to put an ad out asking other super heroes for their assistance in a very important mission.

bluefish.jpg

One Way,

One Truth,

One Life

IC: Ashley

Ashley bumped into Dallas. "Bump!" She'd been waiting for him to wake up so that they could walk to class together. Somehow she'd known he'd be going today. 

"Are you gonna actually stay for the whole class this time?" 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"Might have to," he muttered. "My phone is making me."

Dallas looked down at the roughshod collection of papers under one arm. He wondered how many months behind he was on...on...on...

What had Sakuya said?

"We're going to history, right?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"If that's really what I've been missing, I don't get why my phone is always telling me to get motivated," Dallas said dryly. He glanced sideways at Ashley and slowly wrapped his arm around her shoulders. "How have you been? I haven't talked to you since...Jesus, must've been since Matt died."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"I can tell." Dallas went to run his hand through his hair but found he actually had no free hands, and sighed quietly. "Ashley, I'm your boyfriend. We should be able to talk about ."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Alecto)

It was rather hard not to notice the nervous slow walk. "You're the one who showed up at my front door. When I *don't* recall giving you my address. If anyone should be jumpy here, it'd be me. How'd you even get past that Watchbeast in the lobby?" Watchbeast being the semi-affectionate semi-accurate name he'd assigned the ridiculously old, half-blind fellow who passed for a doorman in regards to the complex. He was pretty sure Watchbeast was old enough to have fought in the Civil War. Hadn't ever worked up the courage to ask. "And thanks. About the bat."

IC: Damian

"Watchbeast...?" Damian didn't remember that. Wait... Watch "beast"? "Watch" beast? "... By watchbeast, you mean the doorman? I'm.. not sure." How had he even found out where this guy lived anyway? Was it from all that browsing he had done all night? ... What? It was habit! It was amazing what you could find in the lowest reaches of the net... "Yeah. Sorry for... inviting myself in."

IC (Alecto)

Alecto shrugged. "Well. If you were going to try to kill me, I imagine you'd have camped outside with a rifle or come in through the windows. So no bullet going through my pretty little head, no foul." Alecto grinned, as if it was a jest rather then semi-casual discussion of his murder. "Yep. That'd be the Watchbeast. Earned that name during the riots a year or so ago. Some looters broke in...and uh....he broke them. I'm not sure how. Looks like a solid gust of wind would tip him over don't it?"

IC:

Johnathan entered the bar with Julia in tow. It was a bit smoky inside, country music was playing, there were a few patrons posted up with a drink but it wasn't overly busy. The owner was behind the bar, shinning off a glass and wearing a dark red plaid shirt. His hair was dark and his face scruffy with a small beard. He noticed John as he took a seat on one of the stools at the bar.

"Haven't seen you around in a while John," the man said. "Thought I saw something online about you falling off a building."

"Naw, that was the other me. I had a twin." John said simply. "I'll take the usual, this is my sister Julia. She's cool, she'll take a beer too. Or whatever else she wants." he said. The man nodded before passing John two beers. John slid one over to his half sister.

The owner leaned in closer. "You smell... different." he noted softly.

"I'm not a wolf anymore," John said with equal soft tones. "Found a witch to reverse it. Better this way, I made too many mistakes."

"Hmmf," the man said. "Suit yourself."

IC:

Johnathan smirked to himself as Julia ordered a diet coke. "Classic Jules," he smiled as he pulled the beer over to himself.

"Don't worry, just means more for me." he winked at her before chugging his first beer.

IC:

Jennifer had decided she needed a personal day after the Hellibuster had been destroyed and the attack stopped. She'd even dressed up nice, put in contact lenses, put her hair down and slipped into a dark blue shiny dress. She waited as the SHIELD airborn transport flew low over a secure landing pad in the city before she got off.

"Anyone else want to join me for some fresh air, away from all the stress?" she radioed back, giving any other SHIELD agents a last chance for some recreational fun.

IC:

Dallas sighed and leaned back against the wall.

"Look, I want that too. I'm just saying...things haven't been right lately. Not just Matt and John, I mean...ever since we came back from California. And...this doesn't feel like a relationship, Ashley. I want it to. But we do the same things you do with everyone else, all the time. And we never change from the formula. You're ridiculously cute, but that feels like that's all we are. Just cute. And me, I'm...I'm all up. I need more than that, or I'm just gonna break under everything.."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME